Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Akimbo XMG in lockdown is stupid and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Wait people are still playing Destiny?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah because it's still fun in spite of bugs and some awful netcode. Bungie has made some good changes and they're headed in a good direction. Iron Banner is really good this time around. I don't think I'll keep playing Crucible after Iron Banner is over though. When I hit IB rank 5 and get my dumb shader and scout rifle it's back to AW I go.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Had this game almost since release with no issues (except framerate I suppose) and suddenly it started crashing on me every time I try to play it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Made someone mad enough they started flinging racist and homophobic slurs like they were listing them off a book, after accusing me of being a hacking bitch. I'd say it was a successful night.

To be fair, the TAC-19 with Advanced Rifling, Laser Sight, and Quickdraw Grip is unfair.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

versus posted:

Wait people are still playing Destiny?

I still lol at this. And I hear they might make it F2P.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

It certainly has enough bullshit currencies for one.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I want the zombie barbie dress up stuff.. can someone play exo?

You know that you only need to go to round 11 in riot to get the face, right?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Zombie Boat posted:

You have to get to Riot first. I know he (was) just behind me and we hit tier 2 after playing a bit last night.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I think he means "to get the face specifically, you just need someone to host who has Riot unlocked and get through Rd 11."

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Zombie Boat posted:

I want all of the pieces.. and not just the face.

Gothmog1065 posted:

You have to get to Riot first. I know he (was) just behind me and we hit tier 2 after playing a bit last night.

you hit tier 2, i still need to play a bunch of games in order to get there.. I think its 50 or so to unlock tier 2 and 200 or so for tier 3?

Any experts want to correct me?

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Has there been a secret em1 buff? The game went from no one using it on the ps3 to there being at least 2 people using it per team.

I remember using it and it taking too long to kill but now it's almost instant sometimes.

Plus I love the 100% accurate hip fire.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Full of BOYS

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 22, 2014

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I want all of the pieces.. and not just the face.

you hit tier 2, i still need to play a bunch of games in order to get there.. I think its 50 or so to unlock tier 2 and 200 or so for tier 3?

Any experts want to correct me?

Did the ones we play not count for you? If so that sucks.

e: 50 for 2, 75 in tier 2 for 3, 100 in 3 for 4.

You should be pretty close to tier 2. Either way, I'll try to be around tonight.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

this little bastard posted:

Has there been a secret em1 buff? The game went from no one using it on the ps3 to there being at least 2 people using it per team.

I remember using it and it taking too long to kill but now it's almost instant sometimes.

Plus I love the 100% accurate hip fire.

I think people are starting to get bored of using the BAL all the time.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I don't like the ASM1.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't like the ASM1.

You want the rapid fire variant with a grip. It owns.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

You want the rapid fire variant with a grip. It owns.

To be honest I don't like any of the smg's in this one. Besides the KF5 they're all kinda bad.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Playing this solo is just asking to hate it - I don't think I've won a game in an hour.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

To be honest I don't like any of the smg's in this one. Besides the KF5 they're all kinda bad.

A lot of guns in this game could use a bit of a buff.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

A lot of guns in this game could use a bit of a buff.

Yeah you're telling me. It says something when I can do better on solar and instinct with a shotgun than I can with an smg.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You shut your whore mouth. I look forward to paying £20 for content that even more brazenly the usual, should've shipped with the game that has been cut to use as DLC. While still being gated behind horrendous bullshit. :colbert:

Who am I kidding, I traded it in weeks ago. Annyywwaayyy. I've been lumbering back through the campaign to scoop up the intel, and in retrospect some fun stuff has stuck out on the second round through.

- The drop-pod in the first mission has a screen in the ceiling, and adjusts itself with rockets after being dropped to see the firefight down below. This means they drop troops into battle upside down. :psyduck:

- Your mystery savior during the hospital mission says who they are is classified. After opening his full-face helmet and showing you who he is.

- BADASS EX SPETSNAZ BUDDY wearing a exosuit that flips cars, and ragdolls people ten feet through the air with a punch, starts losing in a fight to a normal dude with just a knife.

- Hades tells you about Iron's EVVILLLL plan despite you having just slashed his throat open.

- You only use that hideous screen-hogging grenade launcher in MP. During SP you throw grenades.

- You and your buddies take a full-body swim in a Arctic glacier. Minus sealed helmets. :stare:

- Atlas has the worst payroll management ever. Due to forgetting that you've turned traitor with your buddies, and taking your name off, you not only survive a hideous bioweapon unscathed, you're assumedly racking up overtime fighting for the enemy. Do you get a performance bonus for killing Irons?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Pretty_Llama posted:

Playing this solo is just asking to hate it - I don't think I've won a game in an hour.

play kill confirmed

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
it's really a perfect scenario because if your teammates do pick up tags you win and if they don't pick up tags you can put on a runner build and build up streaks very quickly

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

word on the street is that they buffed the em1 and nerfed the bale

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GET MY BELT SON posted:

word on the street is that they buffed the em1 and nerfed the bale

I can confirm the em1 buff. That thing is killing stupidly fast now.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I was playing with the BAL less than an hour ago and it was still stupid powerful.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gordon Shumway posted:

I was playing with the BAL less than an hour ago and it was still stupid powerful.

Only thing the BAL got hit with was a slight increase in recoil and slight decrease in 3 shot kill range.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
For the Exo Survival stuff, it looks like you need to get through a certain amount of "rounds" on one tier to unlock the next tier. Hopefully that means the actual rounds / waves in a match. So you need:

50 Rounds on Tier 1 to unlock Tier 2
75 Rounds on Tier 2 to unlock Tier 3
100 Rounds on Tier 3 to unlock Tier 4 (just Riot).

What sucks is your online progress and local progress are separate. I'm about to unlock Tier 3 for local play (I think, hopefully) but if I try to start a new online game I can only pick Tier 1 maps. I usually average about 20 Rounds per game soloing, so if I play a couple more times on Tier 2 maps today I should unlock Tier 3.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

I can confirm the em1 buff. That thing is killing stupidly fast now.

So I'm not alone! Yea it's def buffed and really worthwhile now. What are you guys running with? I've been doing stock/quick draw/grip and mostly shooting from the hip cause it's so easy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

limited posted:

- The drop-pod in the first mission has a screen in the ceiling, and adjusts itself with rockets after being dropped to see the firefight down below. This means they drop troops into battle upside down. :psyduck:

I believe that video feed was just showing the view from the bottom of the pod on the ceiling because it would be very hard to look at the floor in those drop harnesses

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

So I'm not alone! Yea it's def buffed and really worthwhile now. What are you guys running with? I've been doing stock/quick draw/grip and mostly shooting from the hip cause it's so easy.

if you're mostly shooting from the hip why would you run two and a half attachments designed around ADSing

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
do you also run danger close with no equipped explosives??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you're mostly shooting from the hip why would you run two and a half attachments designed around ADSing

Yeah, just put a laser on your laser, so you can lase while you're lasering. :downsrim:

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

nah i mostly shoot from the hip at close - mid range but i ads past that

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

nah i mostly shoot from the hip at close - mid range but i ads past that

The point is that it's a gosh darn laser beam and it can only go where you point it and isn't affected by things like spread and distance.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Does this mean we can run whole team laser builds and troll except it won't be gimmicky because it's actually good

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I believe that video feed was just showing the view from the bottom of the pod on the ceiling because it would be very hard to look at the floor in those drop harnesses
Good point, looking at it again though, it's all one shot. Panning from the ship being blown up above them, then to where they're dropping. So it looks like whatever the camera is attached to is flipped 180 degrees.

Even if the surface they're standing on is the one with the camera, that means the troops themselves somehow entered the pod upside down, because they saw the ship getting blown up in the sky before things corrected and sent them to drop feet-first to the ground. :psyduck:

I guess just the camera itself could also be moving on the pod's outside. Or it could just be a dramatic shot that I'm overthinking far too hard while bored. However I still like my idea of pissed-off upside-down soldiers falling out of drop-pods on the ground though. :colbert:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Christoff posted:

Does this mean we can run whole team laser builds and troll except it won't be gimmicky because it's actually good

ok im in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I played this at my dads for an hour and its the worst call of duty. CONFIRMED

apart from ghosts

• Locked thread