Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iceslice posted:

Finally (and most pedantically), no one uses the freqs for that antenna. Unless they're cops, and then maybe.

God those guys are such nerds.

I dunno, looks like a regular vhf/uhf antenna to me? :confused: It's been a while since I played with radios, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Got a legit boner now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeris posted:

The fact they planned to use a soccer stadium to land & take off is kind of insane and awesome.

c130 rollin down the pitch

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

mess with the best dine like the rest oorah

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ranger cooks loving own. they make everyone at every mos go through rip to get in battalion, and ranger school to become an nco. you gotta be a bad motherfucker just to work in an office there.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Why does Hamas hate Abraham Lincoln?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Why does Hamas hate Abraham Lincoln?

Log Cabin Republicans man, it's haram.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Log Cabin Republicans man, it's haram.

So they'd like AbHaram Lincoln better?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Swing and a miss.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Volkerball posted:

ranger cooks loving own. they make everyone at every mos go through rip to get in battalion, and ranger school to become an nco. you gotta be a bad motherfucker just to work in an office there.

Do they even make the cooks do the shooting and breaching poo poo? That seems like a bit of a waste.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Deathy McDeath posted:

Do they even make the cooks do the shooting and breaching poo poo? That seems like a bit of a waste.

RIP, no boomies.
RS, boomies.

Folks from all over go through RS. Not just allies, and other branches. There were a couple DEA guys in my brothers class.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deathy McDeath posted:

They still do shoothouses on occasion, they're obviously not as well rehearsed as the line squads but they'll still run through it. I don't think they get to mess with door breaches, though, or if they do it's pretty well supervised. The cooks, clerks and other support guys usually end up driving and gunning on strykers during deployments, though, so they still get to be Rangers a little bit.

Tried to find the version of that recruiting poster for supply that had my old supply sgt on it, no luck so have a post-grenada poster instead.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

C.M. Kruger posted:

mess with the best dine like the rest oorah

I have a feeling these pogs are even worse than normal pogs.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
"You can't call me that I'm a Ranger!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

"You can't call me that I'm a Ranger!"

"Do you have an 11 series MOS?
"No."
"Then shut the gently caress up, POG."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

"Do you have an 11 series MOS?
"No."
"Then shut the gently caress up, POG."

I'd rather serve with ranger cooks than a bunch of rip failures in an airborne infantry unit.

Deathy McDeath posted:

No but they shoot til they can't lift their arms anymore, and then come back and do it again the next day. Only place in the military where I ever saw anything like it. You go grab 7 full mags, ready ups til they're gone, then run over and grab 7 full mags, and do it over and over and over until you are dead. It's loving ridiculous how much money is floating around in ranger bat.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 22, 2014

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Worst thing about waking up on a Saturday morning is that it means the button hasn't been pressed - yet

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Potential BFF posted:

Worst thing about waking up on a Saturday morning is that it means the button hasn't been pressed - yet

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 22, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wait, did this actually work?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

wait, did this actually work?

Yup, it's the BrahMos. Apparently the fastest cruise missile in the world with a top speed of Mach 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkr_3_CZO4

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

http://youtu.be/cTLMjHrb_w4

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Yup, it's the BrahMos. Apparently the fastest cruise missile in the world with a top speed of Mach 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkr_3_CZO4

Anyone else notice that American ASCMs are really old and outdated?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Thing is just loving cool. What your missile has to go up and turn on it's own or be fired horizontal? Ha ha ha newbs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In retrospect, The Matrix was one of the stupidest loving movies I've ever seen.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In retrospect, The Matrix was one of the stupidest loving movies I've ever seen.

Wouldn't even make it into my top 10 with all the Star Trek movies and Guardians of the Galaxy :smugdog: crowding it out.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

at the date posted:

Wouldn't even make it into my top 10 with all the Star Trek movies and Guardians of the Galaxy :smugdog: crowding it out.

The Matrix was better than at least six Star Trek movies.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My favorite sci fi movie of the past decade is Moon. Two hours of just one actor and a disembodied voice and I never get tired of re-watching it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's the point.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

at the date posted:

That's the point.

Wrath of Khan better not be one of those six you heathens.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I really liked Undiscovered Country. That one was a lot of fun

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

I'd rather serve with ranger cooks than a bunch of rip failures in an airborne infantry unit.

No but they shoot til they can't lift their arms anymore, and then come back and do it again the next day. Only place in the military where I ever saw anything like it. You go grab 7 full mags, ready ups til they're gone, then run over and grab 7 full mags, and do it over and over and over until you are dead. It's loving ridiculous how much money is floating around in ranger bat.

Same.

We'd always get a fuckload of ammo and have to shoot it all. 240 ranges sometimes meant using up the pallet of ammo you got or just shooting until all the guns broke. During a trip to Yakima we did a big gun range with a 4 ft tall pallet of 7.62, 5.56, 50 cal and 40mm for the mk47. That was all for three weapon squads, so maybe 30 dudes. We spent all god drat day trying to burn through it. Gustav guys shot way more than the 6 you're supposed to shoot in training and ended up with headaches and poo poo from the extra overpressure.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 23, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

:love: Christopher Plummer. Aces High is on Netflix if you like him and Malcolm McDowell.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

My favorite sci fi movie of the past decade is Moon. Two hours of just one actor and a disembodied voice and I never get tired of re-watching it.

That director should have stopped at one movie. Moon was goddamn amazing, and if he had never made Source Code, he could have just been this mysterious recluse who emerged to direct the best sci-fi movie of the new millenium, never to be heard from again. Like Bill Watterson or Walter M. Miller, Jr., or Joseph Heller (yeah, I know Heller wrote more stuff, but no one could tell you what it was).

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

It was indisputably better than I, V, and all 4 TNG movies.

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was the best one after Wrath of Khan. Same director, what a coincidence.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The only cool thing in any of the TNG movies was Ms. Plug-N-Play here

Also the only TNG movie that is worth watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Potential BFF posted:

The only cool thing in any of the TNG movies was Ms. Plug-N-Play here

Also the only TNG movie that is worth watching

Aatrek would hit the top half since he's into little chicks who can't defend themselves.

• Locked thread