Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

33rd Degree Idiot posted:

I need pictures of this juggernaut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Good god almighty.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The real Shawn Kemp jr

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

elentar posted:

Virginia survived a terrible first half against GW then smothered them in the second. Should be a solid win down the line.

It's a good win though we didn't play very deep. Anderson, Brogdon, and Perrantes averaged 35 minutes each, our top 6 played 176 minutes. Our backups didn't play that well, which is concerning.

uncurable mlady posted:

This Ukranian kid on KU actually looks pretty competent and collected for his age.

He reminds me a LOT of Courtney Alexander who played at UVa and Fresno State.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

Ahahahaha. Holy poo poo. I hope he becomes a perennial NBA all-star. PLEASE.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

paperchaseguy posted:

It's a good win though we didn't play very deep. Anderson, Brogdon, and Perrantes averaged 35 minutes each, our top 6 played 176 minutes. Our backups didn't play that well, which is concerning.

Shayok and Wilkins will both come good this year; Hall and Stith more likely next year if at all. I'm a little worried that Tobey might be regressing, though I think UVa will still be a top 10 squad without him—especially with how much Atkins seems to have improved on the interior. Such an awkward team to play against.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Could this be the next Baby Shaq???

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Shayok and Wilkins will both come good this year; Hall and Stith more likely next year if at all. I'm a little worried that Tobey might be regressing, though I think UVa will still be a top 10 squad without him—especially with how much Atkins seems to have improved on the interior. Such an awkward team to play against.

I'm more bullish on Tobey than most. I think offensively he's making more of an effort to be aggressive. Yesterday wasn't the best demonstration though. He had a couple that didn't fall, and a couple and-1s where he missed the free throw, and then coach just sat him. He and Adkins bring different skill sets and I think we will need them both this year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Whoa, VT lost at home to App State, that's a terrible loss.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Whoa, VT lost at home to App State, that's a terrible loss.

To be fair, they're a terrible team.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Marquette lost at home to Omaha.

Also not really sure how FSU lost by 26 to Providence.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

elentar posted:

Marquette lost at home to Omaha.

Also not really sure how FSU lost by 26 to Providence.

Jameis Winston was out.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
How good are Colorado and Wyoming supposed to be this year anyway? I know CO lost Dinwiddie, do they have any good returning guys?

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Fisticuffs posted:

How good are Colorado and Wyoming supposed to be this year anyway? I know CO lost Dinwiddie, do they have any good returning guys?
Colorado returns Askia Booker, who according to SBNation will be the best guy on the team, and also pretty much everybody other than Dinwiddie who got significant minutes last year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Northwestern needed OT to scrape by Elon.

Sadly these days Elon is "the Phoenix" rather than their former mascot, "the Fighting Christians."

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

elentar posted:

Northwestern needed OT to scrape by Elon.

Sadly these days Elon is "the Phoenix" rather than their former mascot, "the Fighting Christians."

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

James Blackmon Jr is waaaay better than I thought he'd be and I thought he'd be Big Ten Freshman of the Year. He has 12 first half points from four made three-pointers :swoon:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The rest of the team looks pretty mediocre right now, but Crean is shuffling lineups and giving different guys some playing time so I'm not too concerned.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Jesus, UK is playing Montana State and after 1 + minutes of game time, they've yet to get it past the free throw line. Not half-court, free throw.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State shot abysmally all game and tried their best through missed free throws and stupid turnovers to let South Florida back in toward the end, but fortunately South Florida is an awful team so they won anyway.

Still, 37% from 2 and 23% from 3 isn't going to get it done most nights. And, I mean, even a little composure would be nice to see, but this is State we're talking about so I know by now that's too much to ask.

Meanwhile, South Florida has a player named Dinero Mercurius.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Jesus, UK is playing Montana State and after 1 + minutes of game time, they've yet to get it past the free throw line. Not half-court, free throw.

14-4 UK after 3 minutes or so :staredog:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I hope that flubbed Harrison alley-oop gets giffed somewhere.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
This game owns and sucks at the same time

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Well they have certainly played through that bad stretch at the beginning of he game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
This has got to be just demoralizing for Montana St. They have not scored in the second half.

e: they just scored with 9:30 to go

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's early, but West Virginia doing things against UConn.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

It's early, but West Virginia doing things against UConn.

I am not sure how to take this.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Favorite tournament name this year: the Marv Harshman Classic.

Awful field, mind.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Well, that was unexpected.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
The big 12 is always so good but everyone just ignores it in basketball. And foot ball.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

The big 12 is always so good but everyone just ignores it in basketball. And foot ball.

Big XII :smug:

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

The Maui Invitational is on TV right now! And Purdue is losing to KSU! Are you not entertained, goons?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Purdue is nice with the turnovers so far, giving K-State a 6 point lead 9 minutes into the game

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat, I wish Will Spradling still played for K-State. With the change back to how charges work from last year, he could return to his pre-senior year form and take All of the Charges.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Stephen Hurts himself today
To see if he still feels
He focuses, on getting dumb fouls
The only thing that's real

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue looks horrible and I'm sorry if anyone is watching

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

15 point lead at the half for the Big 12 Wildcats :getin:

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

goldboilermark posted:

Purdue looks horrible and I'm sorry if anyone is watching

I, for one, rather enjoy seeing Purdue lose to Bruce Weber.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mobius posted:

The worm turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mobius posted:

It certainly didn't happen much in the big10 when he was here, but I don't mind weber and hope he succeeds at KSU

• Locked thread