Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

alcharagia posted:

He's the Sultan of Speed-ho.

So a speed demon, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More like a Speed King.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
You gotta be in the EU but we're doing a little Persona competition over at the website I work for. Just comment who you think will win to be eligible for the draw if you're correct!

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rice-digital-ultimax-showdown/

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ChaosArgate posted:

So a speed demon, you say?

He's a demon on wheels.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So just out of curiosity, is anyone who ordered Persona Q on Amazon getting it on release day? My girlfriend ordered it but it seems like it's not coming in til the 25th.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

ChaosArgate posted:

So just out of curiosity, is anyone who ordered Persona Q on Amazon getting it on release day? My girlfriend ordered it but it seems like it's not coming in til the 25th.

Uh, that is the release date.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Your girlfriend is, apparently. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yoya posted:

Uh, that is the release date.

Oh is it? My bad, with Pokemon and Smash coming out tomorrow, I guess we just assumed Persona was tomorrow too. It doesn't help that Nintendo's tweeting about a triple release weekend launch event thing at Nintendo World.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Most games release on Tuesdays. Nintendo is just weird.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

We also made this unboxing video of the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Fan Edition that's exclusive to our store (Rice Digital).

It was a lot of fun to make!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_TMs6xOSCI

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus announces super special Persona live concert and promotes it with lots of countdowns, 5s, and the color red. I really hope they're moving up to charging people just to get diehard hopefuls in to see Persona 5 or something.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Policenaut posted:

Atlus announces super special Persona live concert and promotes it with lots of countdowns, 5s, and the color red. I really hope they're moving up to charging people just to get diehard hopefuls in to see Persona 5 or something.

Chances are they would just show a new trailer at the end or something to that nature.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
It'll be a short documentary about carpentry ending with the construction of those chairs from the other promo material

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
atlus usa streamed some persona q a few hours ago. http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa/b/591025876

highlights include:

- skill progression is like persona, no etrian odyssey skill trees.
- sub-personas add an extra buffer of hp and sp that gets fully restored after battles.
- physical skills cost hp, but the buffer from sub-personas should make this a little less suicidal than it would be in your average etrian odyssey game.
- multiple tilesets in each dungeon
- there's a treasure chest on each floor that can only be opened once you've fully explored/mapped that floor, or by paying with play coins.
- estimated playthrough time is 60-80 hours
- you can assign a field navigator and a combat navigator, and can have the same person fill both roles. fuuka has mainly healing skills, while rise focuses on buffs. looks like the nav skills function like burst skills in eo4, powered by a meter you build up by fighting.
- binds are still a thing.
- it looks like you can see shortcuts on the map as a little radar pulse thing.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Anyone in Japan want to go and report this event? I'll reward you with karma internet points which you can turn in to be Internet Famous w/o breaking the law.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got Persona Q! Battles are kinda slow. Nothing much to say since I just started.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Tired Moritz posted:

I got Persona Q! Battles are kinda slow. Nothing much to say since I just started.

How did you do this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Trash Ops posted:

How did you do this

The only game shop in this town broke the selling date by a week. I didn't even know until I checked to see if they got pokemon.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Does anyone have a link to buying the Persona Q collector's edition in europe without having to pay absolutely insane prices?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Samael posted:

Does anyone have a link to buying the Persona Q collector's edition in europe without having to pay absolutely insane prices?

If you mean the Wild Cards edition then no, everyone I've seen has been about £70+ which is somewhat ludicrous. People must be buying them though I guess?

At our store we just had the game + tarot cards but we sold out of our limit really fast and couldn't get anymore. Now we just sell the game and Chie's Badge Set and Teddie Double Keyring for £29.99. It's not close to the sort of bundle you're looking for but I'm going to leave a really tiny link to it here just in case.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

PoshAlligator posted:

If you mean the Wild Cards edition then no, everyone I've seen has been about £70+ which is somewhat ludicrous. People must be buying them though I guess?

At our store we just had the game + tarot cards but we sold out of our limit really fast and couldn't get anymore. Now we just sell the game and Chie's Badge Set and Teddie Double Keyring for £29.99. It's not close to the sort of bundle you're looking for but I'm going to leave a really tiny link to it here just in case.

Yeah, the cheapest I could find it was £70 on the actual official nintendo website, with free shipping. Everywhere else it's even more insane, I don't see why people would spend an extra £40+ for a case, a soundtrack, some tarot cards and a box. If I don't find another I'll probably just wait until it goes down in price a bit and get the regular copy and then look around on ebay to see if anyone is selling the case on it's own (thats all I want D: )

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
As usual, I'm going to order from https://www.videogamesplus.ca (probably just the normal launch edition, though). They're selling it for 80 CAD or about 54 euros. I'm not sure how much they charge for shipping for the Wild Cards edition, but I paid 7.50 CAD for the somewhat bulky SMT4 limited edition.

They're also listing PQ as "in stock" so I might try and order it over the weekend and see if they actually ship it before Tuesday.

Oh and they currently have an Atlus sale in case you're interested in some older stuff (including P4G and a bunch of PS2 titles).

Fake edit: I didn't realize Samael was talking about the EU version because I didn't count on it being released this soon after all that SMT4 bullshit. I'm still posting this just in case any importers are interested.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

from what i heard there should be a battle speed setting somewhere.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The person who thought it was a good idea to set the encounter rate for the Fiends in SMT4 so low should get smacked. Trumpeter is taking to long to trigger I'm thinking of quitting for a new game+.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My Vita TV arrived today and my copy of Persona 4 gets here Monday . I waited all these years despite playing Persona 3 on PS2. The time is almost here. :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

The person who thought it was a good idea to set the encounter rate for the Fiends in SMT4 so low should get smacked. Trumpeter is taking to long to trigger I'm thinking of quitting for a new game+.

Welcome, Europeans, to the wondrous world of SMT4 Fiends. Famed demons aren't much better, either.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Light Gun Man posted:

My Vita TV arrived today and my copy of Persona 4 gets here Monday . I waited all these years despite playing Persona 3 on PS2. The time is almost here. :getin:

I thought the TV didn't have a Vita card slot

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm sort of envious of you for getting to experience Persona 4 for the first time but at the same time sort of not because I did not have the self control to stop playing and stayed up all night on numerous occasions. It was also my first SMT game and it got me started on the rest of the series which I have grown to love.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sodium Chloride posted:

The person who thought it was a good idea to set the encounter rate for the Fiends in SMT4 so low should get smacked.

Presumably the same person who thought it was a good idea for SMT1; that's just stolen reused wholesale from there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Inflammatory posted:

from what i heard there should be a battle speed setting somewhere.

Yeah, but it's still a tad slow. Doesn't help that they like to run the entire voice lines full before they let you escape. Maybe I got spoiled by SMTIV and EQIV's speed.

Can't say much that doesn't spoil but if you play P3's route, everyone calls you leader which makes me feel like Hitler. There's also much more front attackers than back attackers so you're most likely gonna the three front/two back format.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

The way it was done in Nocturne was perfectly fine, I have no idea why they'd go back to the RNG bullshit.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Captain Walker posted:

I thought the TV didn't have a Vita card slot

It does. Playing through P4G with it at the moment.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

The way it was done in Nocturne was perfectly fine, I have no idea why they'd go back to the RNG bullshit.

It's a throwback to the classics so it's totally justified. :suicide:

Seriously we've moved away from these loving conventions for good reason, don't loving bring them back.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Ghost posted:

I think I quit at Matador. I'll come back to it, but god damned that was a wakeup call.
Same with Abaddon in DDS II.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tried to get Matador to spawn across like 3 days then gave up and finished the game.

I would've liked to fight the endgame stuff that didn't require me to buy it but oh well

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

littleorv posted:

I'm sort of envious of you for getting to experience Persona 4 for the first time but at the same time sort of not because I did not have the self control to stop playing and stayed up all night on numerous occasions. It was also my first SMT game and it got me started on the rest of the series which I have grown to love.

I know tons about it of course thanks to reading this thread and just general internet awareness but I am still pretty excited to actually experience it first hand. I've played others in the series so it's not gonna be that particular brand of magic but yeah, should be a good time.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I actually asked John Hardin or whoever does ATLUS PR on Facebook to ask the SMTIV team to patch the "Fiend appears y/n" variable to something more reasonable like 1/64, shortly before the EU release. I guess the poor guy had no say in the matter because I got no response.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can get the gently caress in line with patches for fixing stupid poo poo in games, I've been waiting for 3 years for that Catherine patch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If they were gonna change the Fiend spawn rate they'd have done it months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also it'll be $2 DLC not a patch