Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I can't believe my team is going to miss out of the playoffs because of poo poo Minneota and poo poo Ohio State keep winning agains thsit teams lol Baylor Bitch at least Texas will beat TCU on Thanksgiving ( Anne Frank Fanfic Rles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

paperchaseguy posted:

HERP DERP SEND A PLANE FOR MARK RICHT

He actually sent a plane for Mike Bobo. This is true.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Numlock posted:

Feels weird and unnatural.

Just like watching a hippo fart

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Heaf posted:

He actually sent a plane for Mike Bobo. This is true.

A SECOND CROP DUSTER HAS CRASHED INTO THE HEDGES

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best part about Beamer is he's so completely out of touch now. It's coaching senility in action. I'm not sure he even fully grasps what he's doing out there at all times.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Hate weeks begins. I like you LeeMajors, vyst, LasagnaPilot, Crazy685, Ehud, and most of you other Florida fans but gently caress Florida. Let's go Seminoles. Time for another garnet and gold decimation bitches. gently caress the haters, go Noles.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

Hate weeks begins. I like you LeeMajors, vyst, LasagnaPilot, Crazy685, Ehud, and most of you other Florida fans but gently caress Florida. Let's go Seminoles. Time for another garnet and gold decimation bitches. gently caress the haters, go Noles.

I like everyone :)

But also go noles

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best part about UVA beating VT is they're going to be doing VT a favor and loving over themselves at the same time. That's a real rarity, especially in a rivalry game.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Crotch Bat posted:

The best part about UVA beating VT is they're going to be doing VT a favor and loving over themselves at the same time. That's a real rarity, especially in a rivalry game.

It's a no lose/no win situation for us. Win and we stop the 10 year win streak, the 21 game bowl streak, and we go to a bowl. But it also saves Mike London's job, and he is objectively a Really Bad Football Coach.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

paperchaseguy posted:

It's a no lose/no win situation for us. Win and we stop the 10 year win streak, the 21 game bowl streak, and we go to a bowl. But it also saves Mike London's job, and he is objectively a Really Bad Football Coach.

You have like 5 former hcs on staff. Just let then play musical chairs or some poo poo.

Also helps fsu get Josh Sweat

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Assuming the USC-UCLA result holds up, there are three teams alive for the Pac-12 South title.

UCLA: beat Stanford.
ASU: beat Arizona, Stanford beats UCLA
Arizona: beat ASU, Stanford beats UCLA

Oh, and UCLA @ Stanford and ASU @ Arizona are both next Friday at 2:30PM.

All three teams should be top-10 if the playoff committee is not full of idiots/war criminals.

Gonna be at the Territorial Cup, they should just put the UCLA/Stanford game on that new 2nd screen.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

pillsburysoldier posted:

You have like 5 former hcs on staff

they all suck

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Well. gently caress Clemson, but...

There's no way Deshaun Watson doesn't play, and even if he's only 70-80%, that's more than enough to take us out behind the woodshed. I'm grateful for the noon kickoff, but I don't see it making much of a difference. They're gonna take five years of frustration out on us, unless we manage to rise to the occasion and play like we did against Auburn and Georgia. I have some faith we can do that, especially since Spurrier is always at his best for games like this, but our performance has been so erratic I just don't know.

On the bright side, maybe if Clemson shreds our pathetic defense, that will force Lorenzo Ward out the door. Our defense has lucked into some turnovers the past couple weeks and while I'm happy the players are gaining some positive momentum, I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that Ward will get a mulligan.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Why is it still called the big 12? There are like 9 schools in it now

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deteriorata posted:

Two teams have managed to lose to both Rutgers and Maryland this season.

Indiana and Michigan.

Fire Brandon

Fire Hoke

Never fear, maybe we'll play Rutgers in a bowl game

e: nevermind, misread

Hed fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 23, 2014

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Spintzel posted:

why is it still called the Big 10?

The Pac 12 is the only numerically correct conference.

Big 12 currently has 10 teams, they should just invite BYU & Boise St (who should accept), go back to 12, and be done with it. Those schools may not fit in the traditional footprint, or in other ways, but neither does WVU, I think all of that is out the window now. Or I guess they could also hope SMU & Houston become more legit programs and invite them too at some point.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Our O-line is young as poo poo and finally caught up with. Kessler never had any time in the pocket, unless UCLA had dropped everyone into coverage, which would end in a coverage sack.

Didn't help that our defense couldn't loving tackle

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

HooverDam posted:

Big 12 currently has 10 teams, they should just invite BYU & Boise St (who should accept), go back to 12, and be done with it. Those schools may not fit in the traditional footprint, or in other ways, but neither does WVU, I think all of that is out the window now. Or I guess they could also hope SMU & Houston become more legit programs and invite them too at some point.
If the Revolution comes and conferences go back to being geographical footprints instead of weirdly gerrymandered brands, I will point out that there are 12 FBS schools in the state of Texas.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I would like to congratulate the University of Kansas Jayhawks for going out and taking a record straight up from former rivals the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. Nice work.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Our O-line is young as poo poo and finally caught up with. Kessler never had any time in the pocket, unless UCLA had dropped everyone into coverage, which would end in a coverage sack.

Didn't help that our defense couldn't loving tackle

Sark teams are just not good he is basically a clone of kiffen. I don't think his teams have beat anyone with talent parity.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Spintzel posted:

Because the Big Ten won't change their name, and they have fourteen now.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Incoherence posted:

If the Revolution comes and conferences go back to being geographical footprints instead of weirdly gerrymandered brands, I will point out that there are 12 FBS schools in the state of Texas.

you don't got to tell me, in the NCAA football games I always mess with the conferences and make an All Texas conference for fun :)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Greataval posted:

Sark teams are just not good he is basically a clone of kiffen. I don't think his teams have beat anyone with talent parity.

Its hard to discuss talent parity with the lack of depth they have, but I'm willing to give him slack considering how well he has developed a lot of the younger players this year.

And its not a Kiffin Clone, he isn't calling screens on 80% of throwing plays

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
gently caress ohio state

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Minnesota is going to win the Big 10

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Had to chew on it for a bit, but I was generally happy with today. 21 points over Okie Lite isn't fabulous, but the defense was put in a bit of a pinch, having to play a QB they'd never seen before and well poo poo, turns out he's not bad. Glad Petty got that last TD - might have been the exact same play call he tripped over last year, too.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

paperchaseguy posted:

Lol we are not winning a night game at Tech

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Get excited for hat(e) week. I know I am.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Had to chew on it for a bit, but I was generally happy with today. 21 points over Okie Lite isn't fabulous, but the defense was put in a bit of a pinch, having to play a QB they'd never seen before and well poo poo, turns out he's not bad. Glad Petty got that last TD - might have been the exact same play call he tripped over last year, too.

OUr Corners Suck but its okay our charmin soft nonconference shcedule that everyone else in the ncaa has is going to keep us from the playoffs while real tough scheduling teams like Ohio State will get their rightful playoff spot and Texas will beat Tcu Thanksigvigin sanenfkrnafkruels

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Because the Big Ten won't change their name, and they have fourteen now.

Technically Hawaii isn't even in America, but that didn't make us change our name!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
ESPN Anti Baylor Headlines: Baylor misses chance for style points (won by 21)
Ohio State is all good though, theyve been destroying every .500 big ten and nonconference opponent that theyve scheduled by an average of uh.. like 2.3 or something. im glad the committee reads my posts and is going to revise their rankings now

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

HooverDam posted:

why is it still called the Big 10?

The Pac 12 is the only numerically correct conference.

If the Big 12 were to add teams, I'd imagine they'd raid the ACC and AAC. gently caress it, go Big 14, they own the rights to that name. Add Virginia Tech, Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati to invade other major conferences' territories.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

All three teams should be top-10 if the playoff committee is not full of idiots/war criminals.

I really hope this happens just to see idiots get mad about it on twitter.

"Why are these loving Pac10 teams in the top 10? They haven't even beaten any SEC teams!"

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Fire all Pac-12 referees into the sun.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Ungratek posted:

Lol we are not winning a night game at Tech

we have won 1 road game in 3 years, we are due

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t-8NTe04VE

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

OUr Corners Suck but its okay our charmin soft nonconference shcedule that everyone else in the ncaa has is going to keep us from the playoffs while real tough scheduling teams like Ohio State will get their rightful playoff spot and Texas will beat Tcu Thanksigvigin sanenfkrnafkruels

Our Corners are Alright to Rather Good. Orion Stewart has quietly been pretty drat good at Safety, too. Terrell Burt, on the other hand, has quietly been rather less good at the other Safety. I'm beginning to hope Chance Waz is able to take Burt's spot next year - he's apparently looked pretty good for a true freshman.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 23, 2014

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

CaptainYesterday posted:

If the Big 12 were to add teams, I'd imagine they'd raid the ACC and AAC. gently caress it, go Big 14, they own the rights to that name. Add Virginia Tech, Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati to invade other major conferences' territories.

They would probably add UCF and USF before SMU and Houston; SMU and Houston would just be new parties to split the TV money with but without adding to the total TV revenue, so everyone in the conference would just be boosting up two new competitors for recruits in the state of Texas and not gaining anything from it.

Dattserberg posted:

The streak ends next week!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They would probably add UCF and USF before SMU and Houston; SMU and Houston would just be new parties to split the TV money with but without adding to the total TV revenue, so everyone in the conference would just be boosting up two new competitors for recruits in the state of Texas and not gaining anything from it.

The way I figure, the new Big 12 North would demand at least one game in Texas per season. 5/7 of the South being in Texas with a nine-game conference schedule would mean that every North team would play in the Lone Star State almost every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Connor Halliday still leads the FBS in passing yards. Reminder that he hasn't thrown a pass since breaking his leg during the first quarter of a November 1st game.

It's possible that he ends the season the FBS leader in passing yards, too. You were too good for this world, Connor.

• Locked thread