Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Son of Isaac posted:

Do a right smash, and then keep down smashing. Use a fully charged right smash, and you should be good to go.
Cool, I'll try that when I get it home.

Tender Bender posted:

I wish there was an option to use the c-stick for tilts instead of smashes. I've always had a hard time doing a tilt quickly, it usually ends up being a Smash instead.
If you set that to other stick to just "attack", it does that. That is how I have it set it up, so my tilts are on the right stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

SomethingAwful forums poster Maple Leaf, I'm calling you out

I am ready to throw down.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Hahaha, if you do the degenerate Down-B spam with Donkey Kong in Multi-Man Smash, your Global Smash Rating doesn't start to go up until you use anything else.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Is there a reliable way of getting Crazy Orders tickets? I'm sore I hosed up and lost when fighting Crazy Hand and losing the Jerghinga music CD as a reward and I want to loving try and get it again.

Event Mode has a few and Classic Mode has them both as fight rewards and in the roulette thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They cut out half of the DK Rap. :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Bowser is a badass with no sarcasm. His firepower mouth poo poo annoys the hell out of me, though.

Also, Robin is the best character in case you haven't heard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

I am ready to throw down.

Hosting

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Calaveron posted:

Is there a reliable way of getting Crazy Orders tickets? I'm sore I hosed up and lost when fighting Crazy Hand and losing the Jerghinga music CD as a reward and I want to loving try and get it again.

I've gotten several from just doing Classic Mode. My timing's not perfect, but it seems to be reliable enough.

Is Crazy Orders the best way to get CDs? Has anyone tried the old "CD Factory" trick where you make a small stage, turn items up to super high but turn them all off so all you get is music?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I seem to have used up my beginners luck and now I'm the victim to endless perfectly timed slashes by the many anime swordsguys

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Literally 3 misinputted forward smashes at the end there holy poo poo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheKingofSprings posted:

Literally 3 misinputted forward smashes at the end there holy poo poo

Did you lose

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

PSA if you haven't actually touched the controller options menu the Wii U pro controller and Wii U Gamepad shoulder buttons are loving backwards for some bizarre reason. And the Classic controllers that plug into the Wiimote and therefore presumably the Hori/PDP gamepads that are secretly a classic controller ARE in the right positions.

So of course these three controller types SHARE a profile.
:<

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Did you lose

No I won

E: can you cancel firing Lucario's Aura Sphere with a roll? It looked like you did that somehow in one of the last games

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 23, 2014

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just unlocked King Dedede's Theme in the vault and hell yeah.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

No I won

E: can you cancel firing Lucario's Aura Sphere with a roll? It looked like you did that somehow in one of the last games

Yes every charged neutral B move can be cancelled with a shield except Lil Mac's

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Wow, that's enough of that lag. GGs.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

Wow, that's enough of that lag. GGs.

GGs man, I really have to get an Ethernet Adapter for my Wii U.

Also add Endgame, I think he really wants to fight you

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I think the lag is on my end, I can't connect with anyone on For Glory worth a poo poo either. I'm looking to see if port forwarding might help at all.

avlein
Jun 13, 2011
Yo Maple Leaf you should fight me on the Wii U.

NNID: Avlein

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just want to record for posterity that for the first time I won more than I lost against you :smugdog:

because it's never happening again

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also add Endgame, I think he really wants to fight you

I was playin with some folks and it was like 1 second delay but then once I started using the ethernet adapter it was The poo poo!!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm really enjoying Master and Crazy Orders. They're a pretty fun, quick way to unlock stuff. Plus you get a category of thing to help you decide and I don't think certain items are gated by intensity.

At least I hope not. :ohdear:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Nadir posted:

Is the level 9 CPU really good or am I just really lovely?

They just read your inputs and will perfectly power shield, spot dodge or air dodge every attack if they're able to. They're not actually any more competent at fighting or recovery than level 8s. The funny thing is that they're really horse poo poo at avoiding dash grabs so you can keep chucking them off the stage and punish them when they use up-B to recover. I just fight level 8s now because I can just fight them normally, it's more fun for me even though I can handle 9s without much trouble.

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY

TheKingofSprings posted:

I did not know you could do that. Does any USB adapter work?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I AM CARVALLO posted:

I did not know you could do that. Does any USB adapter work?

Not sure, but I know Nintendo has an official one.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Haha, Peach's rear end bump is so ridiculous against the AI. Well, the level 6 AI, anyway. Sons of bitches have no defense against :butt:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So is Palutena's move set so terrible that they took pity on us and unlocked all her custom moves right from the beginning? I haven't fooled around with all of them but they seem way better than her defaults.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Palutena's the only non-Mii fighter whose custom moves are completely different from the originals, so they're all available right off the bat to help push that concept.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Palutena's the only non-Mii fighter whose custom moves are completely different from the originals, so they're all available right off the bat to help push that concept.

Ahh that explains it. I haven't unlocked too many others so I wasn't sure how much variation there is. That's cool! I'm never going to use any of Palutena's default moves again! :toot:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I'm glad Special Smash is back so I can go back to my favorite passtime of making the computer do insane gimmick fights.

My current jam is 300% Coin Smash matches. Four CPUs on high, with items on high and switched for maximum chaos. Play on as tiny a stage as you can. Oh, also set the launch rate to 2.0.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Just tried out Smash Tour with actual human beings. We all hate it, and also each other, and are still uncertain as to what the gently caress happened over the last 30 minutes.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone here work retail? Know when more adapters will be available? I wanna try and score one before next weekend so I can have a party.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

KingEffingFrost posted:

Just tried out Smash Tour with actual human beings. We all hate it, and also each other, and are still uncertain as to what the gently caress happened over the last 30 minutes.

Working as intended, then?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

noirstronaut posted:

Anyone here work retail? Know when more adapters will be available? I wanna try and score one before next weekend so I can have a party.

Tuesdays and Fridays are normally the main receiving days for inventory when it comes to big box stores at least those that run through Anderson merchandising like Target Wal mart and K Mart.

Also good luck my store got 2.

You might be better off grabbing some off brand wii remotes and those hori gamecube pads that plug into them.

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 23, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Haruharuharuko posted:

Tuesdays and Fridays are normally the main receiving days for inventory when it comes to big box stores at least those that run through Anderson merchandising like Target Wal mart and K Mart.

Also good luck my store got 2.

You might be better off grabbing some off brand wii remotes and those hori gamecube pads that plug into them.

We are not savages. We will die for this adapter.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Is there a way to turn off Smashing with A? I have a hard time doing the tilts without accidentally doing a Smash half the time.

I sort of found a work around where I assigned the right stick to be the tilt attacks, and now only use A for smash (easier to consistently smash with A than tilt with A for me). But I'd like to reverse it and only use A for tilts and the right stick for smashes, but that seems impossible for some annoying reason?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm actually thinking of flipping my adaptor on ebay now if I can get used to the gamepad controls.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Austrian mook posted:

I'm actually thinking of flipping my adaptor on ebay now if I can get used to the gamepad controls.

Flip it into my mailbox

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can I add a random person I'm 1v1'ing?

edit: got it, view profile, add them!

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, what the gently caress is this master core bullshit