Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

What a terrible thing, holding on to an opinion.

No, seriously. Dude likes Melee better, and as far as I'm aware Smash 4 doesn't really play like Melee. That doesn't mean he hates the game, he's just nitpicky about it - which is to be expected if you invested a lot of time in a franchise.

The best Fisticuffs are the ones where the Zaibatsu is mostly competent at the game being played. The Smash series was like that, and so was 3S.

There's nitpicky and then there's "This clearly presented as inferior version of a game that is still a 9.something has shaken my faith in Sakurai-san" Thats where I hit the "...yeah we get it" point on him and Smash.

Also very much agree with the second part. I love it when they play dumb poo poo too but watching them play 3S, Garou and the Smashes were a lot of fun.

TriffTshngo posted:

"No but I'm not hating on it it's amazing, it's fantastic, it's great, but I'm just going to stop playing it next week because it isn't Melee. BUT IT'S LIKE A 9.9 ON 10 I SWEAR BUT IT'S SO SOULLESS BUT IT'S GREAT BUT-"

I couldn't deal with Liam talking in circles every time the game came up.

Well and this. Heh.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, Liam has a flair for the dramatic. Smash 3DS feels a bit pared down from what I've seen of it tho, so he might like the Wii U version better.

Plus, they did give the most idiotic reason ever for not having a story mode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not like Liam is the only "tsunder" on the subject. Reminder that there's a 70 episode series on Pat making GBS threads on a game that he would give GOTY to if Bayo 2 didn't come out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Realtalk that is the sickest petting zoo of all time in the Woolie video.

I loved the part with all the dogs and then the one pig trying to sneak in like "yep I'm one of you pay no attention to the pig in the frills".

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That dark souls durability bug is bullshit and I wish they would fix it. Honestly I think I love the first dark souls better and I'm probably going to start like my 9th play through once they removed the GFWL bullshit this month.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-play-pocket-rumble/
Portable Fighting Games: The Video Game. Looks interesting, honestly.
The sort of thing I'd love to get a 3ds/Vita port.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Looks like a decent homage to the Neo Geo Pocket fighters.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pocket Fighter looks pretty boring, but fighting that lady is the most interesting Evil Within has been so far.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

KaosMachina posted:

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-play-pocket-rumble/
Portable Fighting Games: The Video Game. Looks interesting, honestly.
The sort of thing I'd love to get a 3ds/Vita port.

I hate to say it but that game looks super uninteresting and boring, I think the creators are trying too hard to recreate the ngpc look and feel but in reality that had not aged well at all, it's too simple and too primitive to make a compelling fighting game and no amount of nostalgia can cover that up. They really are shooting themselves in the foot by forcing the really crappy NGPC hardware limit on themselves, especially for a fighting game.

If they can keep the aesthetic but up the performance slightly so it can accommidate a little exta flash and a full fighting system then they might have a compelling case for this game.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 23, 2014

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
It's a pre-alpha with 2 characters, man.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

My friend and I really liked Pocket Rumble, I just hope our few bucks will make a difference.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I will support anything with Terry Bogard in it or even a facsimile of Terry Bogard in it. I'll throw in some cash irregardless but man I hope it hits that 3ds tier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm fine with Pocket Fighter personally, it's just some of the animations are super jank and wondering if it's a good idea to borrow that style as closely as they are.

Animation wise the dude with the horns had a attack where he leaps upwards and horns grow out to hit and he just kinda floats off the ground while they appears and it looks super messy. Then the other character had one where she punched the ground and a explosion came up but the explosion has way more detail then she does and it's kinda jarring.

Benefit of the doubt due to it being a Alpha but would like to see some of that stuff changed before I support it 100%. Eager to see that mystery fighter at the least. I know I lost it when I ran into him in Shovel Knight back on release :v:

Edit: Also they aren't even trying to hide stuff with Subject 11 on the kickstarter page. Jeez.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 23, 2014

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Watching the Woolie vs. Japan finale, I suddenly came to the startling realization that I hadn't noticed the fact that Woolie curses a ton until now.

All those Japanese people in the background must have been constantly wondering why the scary foreigner is loudly cursing all the time.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
When they started talking about pocket fighters I remembered the time I traded Links Awakening to someone for Mortal Kombat 2 on the gameboy.

:negative:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

floor is lava posted:

When they started talking about pocket fighters I remembered the time I traded Links Awakening to someone for Mortal Kombat 2 on the gameboy.

:negative:

That's almost as bad as me trading Dragon Warrior for TMNT way back when I was a stupid kid.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I may have had the opposite experience where I traded TMNT for Fire Emblem.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

That was a pretty sick cameo by Fire Leo in the Farcry 4 video.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When will you guys take a look at the very glitchy Assassins Creed Unity?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hopefully never.

Far Cry however looked real good and I'm now considering tracking it down despite hating most FPS games.

Edit: Also man the Fall looks fantastic. Only problem I have with it is the way the suit holds a weapon/light really bugs me. There are some seriously cool animations but the suits arms just spinning around is so distracting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt please tell Woolie and Liam when it is time to make a cut on a video.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seriously, I ended up skipping through the second half of the second video because man nothing got accomplished at all.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder if Pat realizes that Poison and Incendiary bolts are pre-order only.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH posted:

Holy poo poo that's crazy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HGH posted:

holy poo poo Incendiary bolts are literally the most useful weapon and it's pre-order only? the LP would've been a lot harder had it not been for that thing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The crazier thing about the Incendiary Bolts being pre-order is that those are literally the only ranged fire weapon you can get until you fully upgrade the Harpoon Bolts. At Level 5, they get fire added to them, which basically makes them a more cost-effective choice if you have access to both.

The Level 5 upgrade costs 50,000 green gel.

There's absolutely no way you'd ever gain access to it in time for it to be useful against Laura unless you got super, super lucky with getting gel out of the save room lockers, and I think the position of the stuff in the lockers is random purely so you can't scum it like that.

Is Pat still just tapping RT to fire the Agony Crossbow or has he learned to hold it down?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
poo poo i thought i had missed those bolts in my playthrough, guess I didn't preorder hard enough.
The ending of that far cry 4 vid was perfect.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

ChibiSoma posted:

The crazier thing about the Incendiary Bolts being pre-order is that those are literally the only ranged fire weapon you can get until you fully upgrade the Harpoon Bolts. At Level 5, they get fire added to them, which basically makes them a more cost-effective choice if you have access to both.

The Level 5 upgrade costs 50,000 green gel.

There's absolutely no way you'd ever gain access to it in time for it to be useful against Laura unless you got super, super lucky with getting gel out of the save room lockers, and I think the position of the stuff in the lockers is random purely so you can't scum it like that.

Is Pat still just tapping RT to fire the Agony Crossbow or has he learned to hold it down?

Pat will still be tapping RT to fire bolts for the next part, but the part after THAT, I reminded him the crossbow can be charged.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Matt, can you please tell Woolie to start picking up his drat dropped souls in DSII and stop listening to Pat saying he doesn't need them anymore?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dexie posted:

Matt, can you please tell Woolie to start picking up his drat dropped souls in DSII and stop listening to Pat saying he doesn't need them anymore?

I don't know what is it about the DLC that makes people not care about souls anymore. It's infuriating (I know that's a nitpick), especially when some play it on NG+.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

Not gonna happen, this is Patrick "The raw crossbow is clearly the best ranged weapon for 40 STR/30 DEX" Lavabeard. Though to be fair, he kinda doesn't need to care, the only thing they might do is save a little off camera time farming a few souls for consumables.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie really should go back to the shield, since that AoE slash would solve like 90% of his combat woes.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Woolie really should go back to the shield, since that AoE slash would solve like 90% of his combat woes.

The problem is people screamed "TWO HAND, GET GOOD" instead of "Learn the advantages of the two handed moveset, and switch between them as the encounter dictates", so Woolie is solving as many issues as he is creating. Though it is having results, so I can't rightly complain.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-068-underwater-racism/
New podcast out early!

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
They just loving missed the new Dark Souls Announcement

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Gee they backed down from the downgrade and now they're selling it for full price! What a deal!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
and I will never ever ever ever write a song about the zaibatsu

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matt what are your thoughts on Ferguson's decision last night? I've been watching StreamZ since midnight.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Matt what are your thoughts on Ferguson's decision last night? I've been watching StreamZ since midnight.

Seems like an appropriate thing to ask a Canadian video game internet celebrity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

Seems like an appropriate thing to ask a Canadian video game internet celebrity
...His thoughts on the Toronto Leafs? We Pirates have many a beef to pick with 'em.