Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, there's a problem with MP Exhaust. Apparently, it's illegal to sell him in the U.S. because he promotes cigarettes (?) as he is painted like a pack of Marlboro cigarettes. BBTS has effectively cancelled my preorder and removed the listing from their site.

Stupid 'Mercan laws. I'll figure something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well, there's a problem with MP Exhaust. Apparently, it's illegal to sell him in the U.S. because he promotes cigarettes (?) as he is painted like a pack of Marlboro cigarettes. BBTS has effectively cancelled my preorder and removed the listing from their site.

Stupid 'Mercan laws. I'll figure something out.

I can't find a Japanese store to sell one to me :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like it pays off to buy from anime export. :smug:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

therealjon_ posted:

But I got a case of Wheeljacks and Magnus there. I'm sure there will be a KO soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wonder if this means anything for the rumored new MP Megs.

Or do they give you more poo poo in the US for cigarette-looking toys than gun-looking toys?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If MP Meg's is a gun they will probably do the same as they've done with the prior MP and Encore releases and stick that orange plug in it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Even without a face, Swerve is throwing me shade

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Wonder if this means anything for the rumored new MP Megs.

Or do they give you more poo poo in the US for cigarette-looking toys than gun-looking toys?

It is illegal to sell a toy which could be taken as promoting smoking tobacco to children, because of course children are buying expensive-rear end 80's nostalgia toys from Japan, but guns are okay as long as they have that Jhiaxus-orange plug in the barrel.

therealjon_ posted:

Well played, therealjon. Well played. :golfclap:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 22, 2014

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't post in here because it's generally toy-talk, rather than comic-talk, but I've run out of MTMTE Collected Editions, so I binge bought all of the RID Collected Editions; Am I going to be disappointed compared to the Ongoing Glorious Adventures of the Lost Light?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Shockeh posted:

I don't post in here because it's generally toy-talk, rather than comic-talk, but I've run out of MTMTE Collected Editions, so I binge bought all of the RID Collected Editions; Am I going to be disappointed compared to the Ongoing Glorious Adventures of the Lost Light?

Probably a little yeah. It's still very solid for a long time, but never really recovered after the big crossover.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shockeh posted:

Am I going to be disappointed compared to the Ongoing Glorious Adventures of the Lost Light?
It is a bit weaker and moves a bit slower, with probably a bit too much cast, but it has better battles and Barber is getting stronger at weaving the lore into the stories. I think WCR is wrong and it recovered its stride well after Dark Cybertron, though both books did suffer for it.

I mean, seriously, Space Bus. On the other hand, RID (now remained just The Transformers) is soon to return to crossover town. Though maybe a crossover about To Sell Toys; Operation Scramble City will work a great deal better than a crossover centered on gibbering nonsense retcons that sound like they came out of Bleach.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is why I don't collect MPs, too expensive, hard to find, and so much extra bullshit surrounding them ensuring you have to jump through hoops.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is why I don't collect MPs, too expensive, hard to find, and so much extra bullshit surrounding them ensuring you have to jump through hoops.

But, none of those points are really true.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've been taint reaped?!?!? Again!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I cracked open Roadbuster and I like him, although all of his weapons are really, really hard to peg into any of the peg-holes and don't stay in particularly securely to the point that they're just not fun to mess with and I've been displaying him totally weapon-less in both modes.

Beyond that I think both his modes look cool and his transformation is pretty fun (if much, much simpler than I thought it would be).

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm starting to see how 3rd party figures could be habit forming.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

I cracked open Roadbuster and I like him, although all of his weapons are really, really hard to peg into any of the peg-holes and don't stay in particularly securely to the point that they're just not fun to mess with and I've been displaying him totally weapon-less in both modes.

Beyond that I think both his modes look cool and his transformation is pretty fun (if much, much simpler than I thought it would be).

I don't really like to peg all his weapons in either.

On mine, I make a sniper rifle out of the pipe, assault rifle, and that thing that fits over the stock. The missile pod fits okay on one shoulder, and the handgun fits well on that hole on the right side of his torso. The missile launcher goes in one of the two pegs going straight up from his shoulders.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I sort of agree with you. There's a veritable shitload of gently caress trying to get them unless you get them RIGHT THEN when they're released so you need to be following the news and watching release dates or else you'll never get one, and then once you get them most of them make at least one design decision worse than the main line toys. MP Starscream is so loving horrible.

My opinion still stands: they're good display pieces but most of them aren't good toys. OP is an exception (but his legs don't snap together on truck mode and it pisses me off BC they had to get ONE THING wrong and not be perfect.)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MP Grimlock is flawless and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert:

He even has a goddamned Diaclone seat!

Okay the LED in his hand is kind of useless BUT OTHER THAN THAT, PERFECT!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

MP Grimlock is flawless and I will not hear otherwise. :colbert:

He even has a goddamned Diaclone seat!

Okay the LED in his hand is kind of useless BUT OTHER THAN THAT, PERFECT!

You're joking, right? He's floppy as poo poo and his weirdass knee ratchets are tighter than soundwave's hips. Plus that weird loving neck wavy thing. And his LED thing means his hands can't open or have holes long enough to hold his weapons good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ForeverSmug posted:

You're joking, right? He's floppy as poo poo and his weirdass knee ratchets are tighter than soundwave's hips. Plus that weird loving neck wavy thing. And his LED thing means his hands can't open or have holes long enough to hold his weapons good.

Loose/tight ratchets are easily fixed, especially the tight ones. Floppy joints are likewise fixable with Pledge floor wax.

I agree that one shouldn't have to fix something one pays that much money for, though.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

ForeverSmug posted:

Maybe the recent release, but the first release was solid

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't really like to peg all his weapons in either.

On mine, I make a sniper rifle out of the pipe, assault rifle, and that thing that fits over the stock. The missile pod fits okay on one shoulder, and the handgun fits well on that hole on the right side of his torso. The missile launcher goes in one of the two pegs going straight up from his shoulders.

OH HEY THAT'S AWESOME. Now I just wish he had balljointed wrists like Blurr. And better hip mobility.

catch22 posted:

Maybe the recent release, but the first release was solid
Yeah, mine is toight like a toiger

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Plus it had a chef's hat and apron. MP Grimlock certainly has his flaws, but I can't think of a better one.

Come to think of it, take away the seekers and anything prior to MP-10 and I'm hard pressed to think of a MP release that has a better coordinating main line release.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

therealjon_ posted:

Plus it had a chef's hat and apron. MP Grimlock certainly has his flaws, but I can't think of a better one.

Mine didn't have an apron. :smith:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I was thinking about a toy that I had as a kid today. It had a small human looking pilot that had magnetic feet, which looks very similar to a diaclone pilot. I remember it was a boxy looking thing that I thought was a spacecraft of some sort and I seem to remember it having a loader arm that loaded a crate in to it for some reason. I looked at diaclone and microman stuff on Google and the diaclone pilots definitely look like the guy, but I couldn't find the vehicle. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I think my folks bought it for me at a gun and knife show to be honest.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I was thinking about a toy that I had as a kid today. It had a small human looking pilot that had magnetic feet, which looks very similar to a diaclone pilot. I remember it was a boxy looking thing that I thought was a spacecraft of some sort and I seem to remember it having a loader arm that loaded a crate in to it for some reason. I looked at diaclone and microman stuff on Google and the diaclone pilots definitely look like the guy, but I couldn't find the vehicle. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I think my folks bought it for me at a gun and knife show to be honest.

I'm pretty sure it's STARCOM. I loved that poo poo when I was a kid.

http://www.toyloft.co.uk/cart/80_starcom.htm

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
That's it! It was the Battle Crane.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Starcom was fantastic! I loved the Starmax Bomber and the base. That would be a great line for rebooting.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

therealjon_ posted:

Come to think of it, take away the seekers and anything prior to MP-10 and I'm hard pressed to think of a MP release that has a better coordinating main line release.

It has a bowtie and a brain transfer machine for Computron! Original release MP Grimlock has no crown but everything else is so good, all his joints everything.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just signed up for the Secret Santa gift exchange and I am so looking forward to the amazing goodies this year. The Springer, Bludgeon and Starscream I received last year are proudly displayed on my computer desk and I have been hunting thrift stores all year for this exchange and I have some potential goodies to hand out.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Starcom was fantastic! I loved the Starmax Bomber and the base. That would be a great line for rebooting.

OH MY GOD I HAD SOME OF THOSE TOYS I have completely forgotten about those toys omg omg I remember the buzzing noise when they transformed!!!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Doctor, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the Starcom toys I used to have, just the good ones, I trust you.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My son has one of those and I find it awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

The Doctor, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the Starcom toys I used to have, just the good ones, I trust you.

Starbase Command: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351216047587

Starmax Bomber: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301403453088

Shadowbat: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231396534739

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

[quote="The_Doctor"
Shadowbat: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231396534739
[/quote]

:tipshat:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Took me a while to notice they named him Optimus Primal :aaa:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I had the Starcom Shadowbat as a kid and it loving punished, I think it's still at my Dads somewhere. Because thanks for keeping that and not all the Transformers I've spent a fortune repurchasing, Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Goldskull posted:

I had the Starcom Shadowbat as a kid and it loving punished, I think it's still at my Dads somewhere. Because thanks for keeping that and not all the Transformers I've spent a fortune repurchasing, Dad.

My GI Joes and a Silverhawk Miraj survived :/