Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Waverhouse posted:

Is there an irc where goons are congregating? I dont think I saw anything in the OP or the OP for the 3ds version.
Yeah there's quite a few of us in #goonsmash on SynIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Calaveron posted:

What in god's name am I supposed to do in the Wrecking Mario event? It's not killing the Warios, and I spent two minutes blowing up bombs to no avail.

You have to destroy all the floors. Beating it on Hard mode took me about two minutes. Do not pursue Wario.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Man I suck at smash. I used to play with friends on the GC version and was pretty good. But we never got into the wavedashing/blocking whatever it's called. I did somehow just unlock the Duckhunt dog after 10 tries at cruel smash. I tried online play and it was Ikes and Pits and Marths just stomping on me...

NNID: Nerkie

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know why so many people play little Mac. He actually has the worst win percentage worldwide.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Maybe they think he's fun to play as or something.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

greatn posted:

I don't know why so many people play little Mac. He actually has the worst win percentage worldwide.

Probably because bad Macs that side-b off the ledge are dragging the ratio down.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Worst thing about Master Core is the 20 seconds it takes to knock off his ball form.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RyokoTK posted:

Probably because bad Macs that side-b off the ledge are dragging the ratio down.

I was playing Ganondorf and accidentally side b'd to my own death, but my opponent was a gentleman or woman, and immediately suicided so we were even. I even won the match, the only one I won against him.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Worst thing about Master Core is the 20 seconds it takes to knock off his ball form.

Don't forget that if you take too long to kill the ball, it kills you!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Since there's still no ETA of more Gamecube adapters, you may have more luck preordering from the UK (Nov 28) or Japan (Dec 06).

Japan also has a bundle of just the controller (black or white) and adapter for ~$50 shipped, but you'll have to wait longer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Macaluso posted:

Does playing online take into account your My Music choices too? Or does it have the same music for both people

This is from like a page ago, but yeah. I had nothing but the buttrock Sonic tracks on for the sonic stage and I friend I was talking on Skype with said he heard Green Hill Zone.

Speaking of Green Hill Zone, it loving sucks and I'm glad the new stage is a more recent game.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Butt Ghost posted:

Maybe they think he's fun to play as or something.

Yeah even if I wasn't a huge Punch-Out fanboy I'd play as Mac because he's so much fun! I still main Ness but when I get bored I use Little Mac.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Well, my Amiibo collection is building quicker than I expected. I was at Walmart the other day and they had a huge pile of Links and most of the common ones, so I grabbed a Link and Kirby. I noticed Marth was going for over retail on Amazon, and today I stopped at Toys R Us while waiting for my car to be serviced, and they had two Marths left so I grabbed one.

I'm sure as soon as I see a Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in a store I'll pick them up. Maybe I can just have relatives get more as Christmas/Birthday presents to save my gaming budget. It's hard trying to be a responsible adult when you really want a shelf full of Nintendo toys.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't tell if I hate the pro controller joystick or if I just need to get used to it. It feels more slippery and not as precise as the GameCube one. I actually like the button placement though and the battery/convenience is nice.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
A manufacturing defect has led to some of these floating around:

If I see one anywhere, I'm gonna buy the poo poo out of it. :aaa:

edit: Two-Gun Sam

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

THE loving MOON posted:

A manufacturing defect has led to some of these floating around:

If I see one anywhere, I'm gonna buy the poo poo out of it. :aaa:

edit: Two-Gun Sam

Legit surprised Nintendo hasn't taken Samus down this path of upgrades yet, really.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I'm told there's at least one CD/music track from Wonderful 101 in this game, is it an unlockable? Which stage is it tied to, if any?

E:

Count Bleck posted:

Legit surprised Nintendo hasn't taken Samus down this path of upgrades yet, really.

There's still room in this world for Metroid Rising.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 23, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:stare: Ummm... apparently I just fought Wario in the bedroom from Poltergeist and one of the TV People finished him off for me.

...... I... I don't even know what the hell, but it helped me unlock Wario, so thanks TV People! :)

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I got to play 8 player smash last night, and WOW. What a beautiful clusterfuck. It was amazing.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Captain Walker posted:

I'm told there's at least one CD/music track from Wonderful 101 in this game, is it an unlockable? Which stage is it tied to, if any?

I've heard that the Jerginga theme is a track for the SMG stage, haven't looked myself yet though.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:stare: Ummm... apparently I just fought Wario in the bedroom from Poltergeist and one of the TV People finished him off for me.

...... I... I don't even know what the hell, but it helped me unlock Wario, so thanks TV People! :)

Gamer stage. It's a game in Game and Wario which you could probably pick up super cheap now if you're interested in seeing what the gently caress thats about.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I take it you've never played Game & Wario? :v: The gimmick of the Gamer mode is to play microgames under the covers while making sure 9-Volt's mom doesn't catch wind of him. One thing she can do is pop out of the TV and it's absolutely terrifying. :allears:

Captain Walker posted:

E:

I know there's one for Good Egg Galaxy. There's another one but I don't know where it goes.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Captain Walker posted:

E:

I unlocked the opening to that game

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
Where do I select 100 man Smash and Cruel Smash? I'm not seeing these options anywhere.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

matrix ripoff posted:

Where do I select 100 man Smash and Cruel Smash? I'm not seeing these options anywhere.
In stadium games

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

matrix ripoff posted:

Games and More -> Solo -> Stadium -> Multi-Man Smash. I don't get why people are so confused, the menus make sense to me v:shobon:v

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

FighterKnuckles posted:

Games and More -> Solo -> Stadium -> Multi-Man Smash. I don't get why people are so confused, the menus make sense to me v:shobon:v

They're awful.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't like the event mode. They range from boring to frustrating and I usually have to go in and lose multiple times before I finish it because I never play as the characters it wants me to play as.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I cannot beat the Playing Tricks event (the one where you bury Villagers with Pitfall Seeds) on Hard to save my life.

Some of the craziest AI I've ever seen, my god

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Overbite posted:

I don't like the event mode. They range from boring to frustrating and I usually have to go in and lose multiple times before I finish it because I never play as the characters it wants me to play as.

Sounds about right. I know people have positive memories of the Melee event mode, but it was uh, exactly like this lol.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I went to Best Buy to buy a Chromecast, and checked out the Amiibo selection. They were completely sold out of Marth (duh?), Villager (huh?), and Wii Fit Trainer (Ew), while having a fuckton of Pikachu.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Why the hell can't I play 8 player coin mode? That's the perfect amount of chaos for coin mode.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I almost got a Pika amiibo but then wondered what I would do with it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

Bowser Jr. is my favorite so far. I love his quick moves.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was playing some four player online as Zelda and used a fully charged phantom slash as Zelda, and had it countered by Greninja. Not only did my knight attack me because of the counter but so did Greninja and I was basically OHKO'd from like 15%. Confusing and hilarious.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

seiferguy posted:

Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

Little Mac, down special. Over and over again until it works. You only need to get one, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FutureBoy posted:

Little Mac, down special. Over and over again until it works. You only need to get one, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I'll give that a shot.

By the way I haven't played online yet but I'm adding goons and will start soon so add me with NNID seiferguy

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FutureBoy posted:

Or Ike. I used Ike.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

seiferguy posted:

Well Bowser Jr's actually pretty good for that. Quickly try and get to the edge before anyone gets you and drive your car back and forth. Eventually you'll knock at least one dude out before you die

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

El Diabolico posted:

I kinda wish the level editor had more stuff available. Its fun subjecting goons to crappy levels.

Here's some tips.

1) X swaps between grid-locked and grid-free mode. it affects both the grid being shown on screen and how drawing stages with the stylus works.

2) Drawing straight lines makes fall-through platforms while drawing boxes draws solid ground.

3) Magma doesn't kill after a few hits like in the normal stages. meaning you can bounce between magma platforms forever.

4) Drawing with magma over blank space increases your weight a ton. its probably a bug/oversight. Put your lava only where you need it to optimize your weight capacity.

5) Another capacity issue: Stage blocks are immensely cheaper to draw as one solid block rather than multiple blocks. its kind of annoying doing this for complex shapes but helpful if you need to fit in a few more things in a level. Seems to work better with huge blocks rather than smaller ones though.

6) Stages kind of have to have an open top even if you close it down, you'll just spawn up top.

7) Player spawns seem to prefer solid blocks first, and then platforms that are nearest to the center of the stage. players spawn at the top of the center of the stage.

8) Moving platforms spawn in grid aligned but can get un-aligned if you move them in free mode. a bug? can be quite troublesome.

9) Moving platforms, say if they become un-aligned and pierce a wall a little might actually mess up collision on that wall and shoot you through it. for example ricocheting off some lava walls and you land on the platform you'll slide right through the wall. a bug?

10) You can pretty much just end walls 1 tile after after the green line with no problems if you're going for something that attaches to the end of the screen. the camera never does go past that unless you are screenshotting something. again its only for maximizing stuff you can put in a level.

11) Cannons can shoot through springs but cannons can only shoot through platforms from the bottom

Well that is most of it i guess. I really wish it didn't feel like something added on at the last moment but it probably was. Imagine the fun with more toys to play with: ladders, spikes, explosives, better moving platforms, switches, sliding blocks, rolling carts, and other hazards. also smash tour still blows. (really! it does!)

Have you solved the mystery as to how the gently caress you get grabbable edges. I've drawn the exact same shape in place 4 times and on the 4th time it's had the option to have a grabbable ledge. I've also drawn a shape on top of a grabbable edge and sometimes I get the corner to 'move out' to the shape on top's corner, and sometimes i get a weird stacked grabbable corner and have to set the lower one to non grabbable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

seiferguy posted:

My personal method of choice is to fly up as Kirby to gather them all below you, B-Down and repeat. Another popular method was to use Kirby or Dedede to suck them up, jump off the stage, spit them out underneath, recover and repeat.

• Locked thread