Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

trucutru posted:

Two parasytes cooperating in the same body can deal with more stuff than a single one and, since they are not competing for the same spot, it is pretty logical to team-up to improve your survivability, which is all they are supposed to care about.

Yeah, but parasites are not necessarily logical. Reiko and Migi are, but the rest seem to vary just as much as people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

blankd posted:

Migi asked if Shinichi was alright with killing his mother (now). I think that's significant.

Migi knows that his host is a bag of blood and irrational emotions, so he has to run every single thing through Shinchi to make sure he doesn't turn into a psychotic wreck.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Maybe the parasites are not the cold, rational actors that they like to think they are.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
"Yo."

:hellyeah:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://twitter.com/kiseiju_anime/status/535114800930365440

Two episodes next week.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I thought that Mom might be a reoccurring villain for most of the series, but I'm also interested in seeing how much of a monster he ultimately ends up becoming.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Does Shinichi have a new voice actor now? That "Yo" sounded completely different.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Migi should have given him a bit more practical blade to use when he went to sleep.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GoldenPrice posted:

Migi should have given him a bit more practical blade to use when he went to sleep.

Hey, you try blacksmithing with your own flesh when you're half-asleep. See how it goes.

AgentCooper
Oct 27, 2014

There's nothing quite like urinating out in the open air.
I'm just really glad that Uta and his mouth-parasite didn't end up either dying or getting murdered by Izumi. I was kind of dreading the inevitable "now I must kill you too" spiel but relieved it didn't happen.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I'm impressed how the show continues to keep its central concept interesting, and how little filler there is. From the babushka Migis to Uta and Parasite, there wasn't anything I thought was flabby or boring.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

izumi looking drat good at the end of this episode

:eyepop:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cake Attack posted:

I don't know how I feel about the almost-mullet.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

aroused, presumably

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Are those bits of Parasyte in your bloodstream or are you just happy to see me? ;-*

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
As a side-effect of letting Migi take over his heart, Migi can probably turn his heart into a blood pumping penis.

This is well documented in my fan-fiction.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I don't know how I feel about the almost-mullet.

Spoilers, when Migi completely dissolves into his bloodstream he turns into Kurt Russel.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Not sure why people keep going "oh god, a snake" when they see the larval parasites. They look like bizarro slugs rather than snakes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blhue posted:

Not sure why people keep going "oh god, a snake" when they see the larval parasites. They look like bizarro slugs rather than snakes.

Too big and sinuous for slugs, I guess.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Too big and sinuous for slugs, I guess.

Clearly you have not seen very many slugs.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Clearly you have not seen very many slugs.

If I am remembering correctly, the species of slugs native to Japan tend to be very, very small (Usually only a few centimeters in length) while the Parasites seem to be several inches or so.

Since slugs over 5cm are VERY rare, people's first thoughts when they see a 10+ cm sinuous animal is likely 'Snake'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I'm from the UK. We have some big slugs (25cm maximum for Limax cinereoniger), but none so thin and whip-like.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Anyone else notice they used the ending preview music for the fight scene? poo poo got me hella hyped.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Did not expect another non-brain parasite, to be honest. But in hindsight, with that many parasites around, it would have been unlikely that Migi was the only one who "screwed up".

Mamoru and Parasite are cool dudes. I like 'em both.

The ending of this episode feels like the ending of an arc, and I think I would have been satisfied had it been the actual ending of the show, there's enough closure. I hope from here on out it keeps the same quality.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I nearly choked on my drink at that sudden change

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I nearly choked on my drink at that sudden change

Thing is, he's been looking and behaving quite a bit like that for the past couple of episodes. This was just where we got to step back and absorb it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I don't blame you either, Shinichi.

Also, is there a future love triangle anywhere? Never read the manga but I really hope not.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Alder posted:

Also, is there a future love triangle anywhere? Never read the manga but I really hope not.

Manga spoilers: No.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Manga spoilers: No.

Thank god, IDK if I could tolerate it in this kind of series :byob1:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Hello I am matryoshka doll from your nightmares

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Forgall posted:

Your adorablest nightmares.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This show is doing literally everything right, and the end product is spectacular on every level. I'm really glad events went the way they did this episode.

And who knew this would be such a gif-worthy show?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Forgall posted:

I have seen things in anime, some which I cannot forget, but that ranks quite highly on the list under Nightmares & Regrets.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
How could Migi possibly give you nightmares? Little guy is adorable. I want a Migi plushie. :kimchi:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SLIGHT manga spoiler, but not really, more just a (very minor) change from the manga to the show :

Parasite is named 'Jaw' in the manga. I kinda liked the theme they had going between Jaw, and Right (Migi), in naming the parasites after the part of the body they infested.

Not that I'm criticizing the change, just something I noticed and thought was odd.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

khy posted:

SLIGHT manga spoiler, but not really, more just a (very minor) change from the manga to the show :

Parasite is named 'Jaw' in the manga. I kinda liked the theme they had going between Jaw, and Right (Migi), in naming the parasites after the part of the body they infested.

Not that I'm criticizing the change, just something I noticed and thought was odd.

Spoiler to your spoiler: They call him just Parasite at first, and then they change his name later because of some circumstance I forgot.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
They do show most of the characters in the opening

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
This show is great. I read the comic forever ago and totally forgot about mouth guy.

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.
Might be random as gently caress, but my avatar is from this manga, and I've had it for years.

Was pleasantly surprised to see this thread.

Thanks for the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Might be random as gently caress, but i hate watching anime before the run is finished. Seven episodes in, and I am not satisfied with having to wait.

is it worth it to wait and watch this plot evolve every week, or would reading the manga be satisfactory?

• Locked thread