Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meep
Oct 7, 2000
My max energy is 470 with all the relevant gold treasures and maxed cat energy with no +'s. So I guess each +1 gives 10 energy then? Must max out higher then 500, unless they just have some sort of weird hard cap there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

harmless_fun posted:

I beat Moon for the second time and I got the gold treasure. Was still having problems with Loving Labour, but this video helped me. My timing was off and now it's a piece of cake.

Oh man this video owned. Finally cleared it following the general idea behind it. No salary cat though. Anyone know the drop rate? I rather not use the treasure radar on it.

That said, SHOULD I choose to use a radar can I just activate it on any of the stages within loving labour?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man this video owned. Finally cleared it following the general idea behind it. No salary cat though. Anyone know the drop rate? I rather not use the treasure radar on it.

That said, SHOULD I choose to use a radar can I just activate it on any of the stages within loving labour?

I got Salary Cat after the third monthly mission. I presume that's pretty lucky?

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
I got Salary Cat after beating either the 2nd last or last level myself. According to this: http://battlecats.spica-net.com/chapevent/s11.html the odds are 1% on the first level, going up to 6% on the last level, so yeah, getting it without the radar or serious grinding is pretty drat lucky. The monthly events are probably the best place to make use of the radars, so I would say just do it. You can use it on any level in the event, doesn't matter.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

My TapJoy had an offer for 500 cat food for downloading PONOS' new puzzle game and beating the tutorial. Useful for anyone trying to get their discounted 10 pulls before tomorrow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Klungar posted:

My TapJoy had an offer for 500 cat food for downloading PONOS' new puzzle game and beating the tutorial. Useful for anyone trying to get their discounted 10 pulls before tomorrow.

Holy poo poo that took all of 1 minute of my life. Time to scour the offers for free dumb poo poo I can do so I can snag those 10 rolls.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

Awesome. I've been saving up to get the discounted 10 gold capsule dealie and this will put me over the top if the offer is there.

Edit: well now I have more new cats than I know what to do with.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 21, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I wasn't expecting the rare cat machine to do dupes as well but I suppose that makes sense. Ended with 6 new cats:
Pogo Cat
Viking Cat
Thief Cat x2
Bishop Cat x3
Swordman Cat
Shaman Cat (Dupe)

And the only non rare cat of the bunch

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Klungar posted:

Is the offer not up anymore? I'm not seeing it in the list.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tracula posted:

It was on the TapJoy website, not the in-game TapJoy list. Might make a difference.

My Cat list now looks like this:

Super Rare
Kotatsu Cat
Apple Cat
Bath Cat
Bodhisattva Cat

Rare
Pogo Cat(2)
Jurassic Cat(2)
Bishop Cat
Shaman Cat
Swordsman Cat(2)
Salaryman Cat
Evil Cat

Special
Tricycle Cat
Monkeo

Can anyone comment on if any of these are worth using?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hear Pogo Cat is super cheap and great for spamming so your heavy hitters don't get hit. Don't know much about the rest.

Does the 3-48 boss count as a floating mob? Bishop and Shaman may make that fight easier if it is.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
The bishop cat can slow down the 3-48 boss, yes. The bath cat is also super useful: bonus damage to red enemies and super long range like the dragon cat. I don't know about the other super rares, haven't seen them before.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Delinquent Cat owns. He's slow, but he does an insane amount of damage a hit from a bit of range. He's also basically JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Cat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogart posted:

He's also basically JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Cat.

:stare:

Maxing this cat right now.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tracula posted:

It's in the top "featured" bar.

Also, it's really annoying that the ten capsule deal makes you roll all ten simultaneously.

Like, it's great that I got Nekoluga, Jotaro cat, wheel cat, fortune teller cat, and salon cat but I didn't really need duplicates of a bunch of cats I already had (and another Nekoluga). I would've rather saved those extra rolls for other promos.

Speaking of which, should I hold onto those duplicates (do they level up in the same way as the normal cats) or cash them in? Nekoluga in particular's worth a million XP, and it's so rare that I highly doubt I'll be using the "use capsule rolls to level past 20" trick on it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Klungar posted:

It was on the TapJoy website, not the in-game TapJoy list. Might make a difference.

Ugh, balls. The Tapjoy app doesn't seem to want to work on my phone. It opens and just totally freezes at the Sign Up/Login screen. (Galaxy Note 4)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
What's the trick to getting this tapjoy poo poo to work? I've followed the instructions and I'm doing it in safari but I never receive the stuff.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Bummey posted:

What's the trick to getting this tapjoy poo poo to work? I've followed the instructions and I'm doing it in safari but I never receive the stuff.

Took me a couple of days to get my cat food the first time I tried to do the TapJoy stuff. The 500 cat food from downloading their app came almost instantaneously, though.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
JOTARO CAT IS AMAZING!!! OHMYGOD HE HAS A STAND AND HE POWER POSES AND ITS PERFECT.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Electric Bugaloo posted:

JOTARO CAT IS AMAZING!!! OHMYGOD HE HAS A STAND AND HE POWER POSES AND ITS PERFECT.

God dammit, Jotaro cat is like the one rare machine cat I actually want and I can't get it aaaaaaaargh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Holy poo poo

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Popped 10 rolls and got

1) Pogo Cat
2) Jurassic Cat
3) Jurassic Cat
4) Pirate Cat
5) Bishop Cat
6) Witch Cat
7) Shaman Cat
8) Shaman Cat
9) NEKOLUGA
10) NEKOLUGA AGAIN

He takes easily 2mil XP to get to level 10, but once you do...

Bonus:

Sunblood fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 22, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Tapjoy still isn't working :( It doesn't even register that I'm doing things.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Worked for me once I logged back in. Still 200 shy of the rare cats though.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

gently caress, wait 'till he evolves and gets popeye arms.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I couldn't get the 500 cat food offer to show up in Battle Cats or the Tapjoy app. It was the big headline ad at the Tapjoy.com site though.

Rare:
Wheel Cat
Salon Cat x2
Shaman Cat x2 (already had him)
Archer Cat
Thief Cat
Fortune Teller Cat (already had him at Max+1)

Super Rare:
Kotatsu Cat (already had him at Max)
Swimmer Cat

So, no luck for me with getting Nekoluga. I've got all the gold treasures now, so I'm working my way through the Stories of Legend.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

We may need to change the title.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game went full waifu on us :negative:

Why did I waste my rolls yesterday :negative:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
these aren't cats at all

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They really missed an opportunity by not just calling the anime waifus cat ladies.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Highly Unnecessary posted:

We may need to change the title.

This is extremely upsetting to me and I don't even play the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just checked the wiki and there's 19 stories of legend chapters. Holy poo poo that's a lot of maps I need to clear. I just cleared Chapter 4.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, there are five waifus from that special event, but it'll be all cool if we ever get the following cat:

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Does anyone have any strategy to consistently beat the weekend event hard+ and up stages? I've managed to beat hard+ once due to bahamut getting off his attack on the dark kangaroos perfectly but I haven't been able to duplicate it since.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does that pastebin from a few pages back to exploit the tapjoy offers still work? I'd love to get me some cat food and waifus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bumping because I can't stop playing.

I've had a nice string of luck with treasures these last few days. I've completed chapter 2 so now I'm 48/48/34 on treasures with everything missing on chapter 3 being silver. I've been upgrading Delinquent (now Angry Delinquent) Cat and he's really good. I still need to figure out which of the rare cats I have is worth upgrading to use as a spamming mob.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Apparently Pogo Cat is the spamming Rare Cat, but I've not used him myself. I usually just spam Ninja Frog Cat/Madame Sumo/Tank Cat if I need to spam something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:siren: There's a Cat Ticket Chance stage on Stories of Legend active right now for this hour :siren:

It's 250 stamina and you get 30 cat food for a first time clear. No idea about the drop rate on the ticket but I didn't get it. The stage itself isn't hard, you fight a single metal hippo at a time and you go through 5-10 of them? It's a slow stage. By the end I had 2 bahamuts, 4 valks and like 3 Yukimura as long as you can stall the metal hippo and build up a line of dragon cats or other poo poo you should be able to clear it.

EDIT: Wiki says its a Silver Ticket at 30% soooo not that great but doesn't hurt to try one if you have stamina to burn.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 25, 2014

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Free Rare Cat Ticket for logging in today, don't miss out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Klungar posted:

Free Rare Cat Ticket for logging in today, don't miss out!

Viking Cat. Boooooo

• Locked thread