Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All
is taking the day off, I guess? :confused:

Pearls Before Swine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

RandomFerret posted:

Poncho looks like he's really enjoying the frisking in that third panel. Like, really enjoying it.

He's a dog, being patted all over his torso. How else should he react?

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

What is it about GTA4? Almost the same thing happened to me, same circumstances and everything. Now, as you already know, the correct way to play GTA is to steal the fastest car in your immediate vicinity and drive it around until you see a faster car, at which point you jump out and steal that car. You take a little damage by not slowing down first, but it's the quickest way to get back into the action.

I was out driving after a long GTA session and I saw a lamborghini coming the opposite direction. I had my seat belt off and my hand on the door handle before I came to my senses.

I've never played GTA and all these stories make me think I should make sure I never do. Back when I was into WoW and playing on a slow connection, I almost crashed my car once because a bird flew overhead and I saw the little round shadow zooming across the road in front of me and slammed on the brakes because my automatic reaction was "Oh poo poo, there's a guy standing on the road in front of me and I just can't see him because of the lag."

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Just because you're searching for someone doesn't mean you have a crush on them. You could be looking them up to ask them for a mutual acquaintance's number or any number of other things.

On the Fastrack

That's reserved for the PR.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

I'd like to think this is what happens with the food drive donations.

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

You expect me to believe there is a squirrel on the ground and a dog not chasing it?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

No, rear end in a top hat. Hollywood wasn't taken away from you before it even began. You made it to Hollywood (sort of) on your first try, got to live the life, and begged for sweet release like a little punk. Bull should kick your rear end after school for that, just like old times.

Bull in the last panel has the look of a man who is thinking, "If I just agree with him, maybe he'll go away." Les strikes me very much as the sort of person who regards himself as a champion player of the I'm More Miserable Than You Are game. Nobody he knows is allowed to express any disappointment without his taking it as a challenge to his title and swooping in to win the round. I'm sure the fact that he actually has a pretty great life only makes it more infuriating. Truly Les is a man who should never not have his underwear pulled up over the top of his head.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

You expect me to believe there is a squirrel on the ground and a dog not chasing it?

drat, that's a fine chipmunk.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would like to contend that "drat that's a fine elephant" is the best post to ever grace these threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I would like to contend that "drat that's a fine elephant" is the best post to ever grace these threads.
I don't know, Volume's detailed critiques of the comic Gil are great.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
When we last visited the Pogo dailies, we discovered that setting off an explosion under a garbage can was a remarkably efficient way to get to Australia. They were aiming for orbit, though, so the experiment wasn't a total success. (November 21-24, 1956)

Meanwhile, Super-Fun-Pak Comix has well-defined priorities.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 24, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

No, rear end in a top hat. Hollywood wasn't taken away from you before it even began. You made it to Hollywood (sort of) on your first try, got to live the life, and begged for sweet release like a little punk. Bull should kick your rear end after school for that, just like old times.

I hadn't bothered installing an image editor onto my new computer so I thought I'd give GIMP a shot. Never again. God, what a frustrating experience. And all I was doing was copying and pasting a handful of letters. How does anyone use that program?

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Tiggum posted:

I hadn't bothered installing an image editor onto my new computer so I thought I'd give GIMP a shot. Never again. God, what a frustrating experience. And all I was doing was copying and pasting a handful of letters. How does anyone use that program?

Agreed completely on GIMP. And, for that matter, Les Moore.

Really, the difference between those two situations is obvious. Les got what he was going for, but gave it all up. Bull never even got a shot. It's the difference between making the NFL and then quitting because you find it too demanding, and never even getting into the NFL.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Tiggum posted:

http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, that's not what I meant, but do go on.

Eh...maybe you weren't, that kind of thing tends to show up more in the other subforums. It kind of sets me off because the obvious retort is "well I do have sex so guess who's wrong :smuggo:". It's probably the single least effective form of personal attack, which bothers me way too much as a person who cares more about actual persuasion than sick burns.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

And now for something you actually want to read.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm guessing Chief Dharma's boss doesn't have a lot of sex.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

I'm just wondering who sent in the rat fact. Was it the kid himself? His parents? A concerned neighbor?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

These days I use paint.net.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

:gbsmith:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Penisbur-- Oh... it's a child abuse arc... Never mind. :ohdear:

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

I'm just wondering who sent in the rat fact. Was it the kid himself? His parents? A concerned neighbor?

Thats some low effort tracing on RatCopter, and he didnt even get the right kind of rat.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori hasn't been very good lately, but have some of the better ones anyway:

- Have you seen the report from the union?
- What does it look like?
- Just a normal A4-sized paper
- I think it's this one
Newspaper headline: Ark of the Covenant found? / The union paper found?

(In Finnish the word for a single paper is "arkki", which is the same as the word for the ark. The word for a labor union is "liitto", which is the same as the word for the Covenant, so...)

TV: A man was hit by a bus in East Fingerpori / Man stays under a bus in East Fingerpori
- I'm not leaving. It's raining outside and I don't have a job.

(As the spoiler explains, when you get hit by a car or something in Finnish, it's literally "staying under a car")

- Welcome to our family farm!
- That's the Möttönen family there

FLIPPY THE DOLPHIN
- Where does that opening lead? Adventure awaits!
After a week:
FINDUX SALMON CUBES

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

I checked; there was never one yesterday. It just skips over it in the archives. And today's is black and white. :shrug:

Pearls Before Swine

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

The rat-copter story was widely reported a couple months ago, so presumably Mr. Ripley's noted it down for future use. Either that, or he's working on a two-month lead time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

And now for something you actually want to read.

I'm guessing that last panel reads, "Oh, holy gently caress!"

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Who the gently caress is Rachel?

Non Sequitur

Yep, pretty much 80% of most bar chatte.

Heavenly Nostrils is back with us. And in color today? Cool!

Kliban

Well somebody has to do the testing. This almost has a MAD magazine tilt.

Jesus gently caress... :stonk: 9 Chickweed Lane 11/24/2003 :stonk:

Rely on BrookeMaw™ for all your non-anatomical, horror face needs! Accept no substitutes!

Zits

Aw, it has little brain hands, and little brain feet.

Kevin & Kell

Eh, ok.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Thank god for Tinykittens and the Critter room live feeds, that's all I'm sayin'.

Cul-de-sac That's a big dog.

The Creeps

Poptropica

Heathcliff

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 19, 1927)

Peanuts (November 27, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 12-13, 1926)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

^ I guess the modern day equivalent of that is downloading tv shows into a flash drive using the company internet. The modern day kind of sucks.

Although we do get Weird Costume Comix

Pooch Café

Poncho imagines that the frogs aren't into this. They're not upset or anything, it's just not really their scene.

Ballard Street

Graham is the best character in Ballard Street, according to Graham.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou is all hosed up today.

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears is ready foOH GOD THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE.

The Dinette Set drives the does wild.

Working Daze still hasn't updated!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I thought that Devil was holding a beer for a moment, and I was really excited. :smith:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Selachian posted:

The rat-copter story was widely reported a couple months ago, so presumably Mr. Ripley's noted it down for future use. Either that, or he's working on a two-month lead time.
First I'd heard of it. :shrug:

Bloom County careens into another story-line!

Calvin And Hobbes

Raise your hand if this strip influenced your approach to school.

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

Raise your hand if this strip influenced your approach to school.

poo poo, I think it actually did. I hadn't realized it until now.

That was a very irresponsible strip, Mr. Watterson.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who would buy a small town high school band director's autobiography? And who would have bought the previous TWO volumes of it?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Look at that face. That boy ain't taking selfies.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pogo joins the parade of nations. (November 26, 1956)

Peanuts: Year Two (November 8-10, 1951)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Starting the post off with these so you all have to see it.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ha ha love them funny pages, laffin it up here

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

So is there a purpose for this strip other than touching the deepest, most painful fear nerves in all of our dumb primate brains?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Calaveron posted:

So is there a purpose for this strip other than touching the deepest, most painful fear nerves in all of our dumb primate brains?

The comic is called "Deep Dark Fears."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz
Ah, I see they've gone with Danger Puzzle #3: Clue or Poor Art?

• Locked thread