Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No seriously I know we use hyperbole a lot but is this actually one of the worst PPVs in a long time? Like, Dean/Bray was fun and had some great spots but does it make up for literally everything else?

I thought the tag match and even the divas SS match were okay, maybe just because I went into the whole thing with the lowest expectations ever. The amount of time spent in video packages must be higher than it's ever been, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

That was some backhanded gently caress you to Punk wasn't it

"Oh no. My loving wife lost a pre scripted match and if she's leaving the company I can spend more time with her and we can open a doughnut shop. This is truly the worst thing ever."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dango Bango posted:

So much loving padding and filler in this show.

I think that may be what's legit annoying me so much. Nothing is loving happening.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Striking Yak posted:

Yeah sure a rematch in 3 weeks.

Why do they keep mentioning that THE ONLY PERSON WHO COULD PUT THE AUTHORITY BACK IN POWER IS JOHN CENA!!

Because Team Cena wins, his team is "fired" and then he helps the authority attack them as he re-instates HHH and Steph to end the show.

You heard it here first. Cena turns heel tonight.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abel Wingnut posted:

so i'll take it the wwe network is not worth getting? seems like it'd be fun to watch tons of old raws and ppvs.

It's actually interesting if you like watching a lot of the older wresting and Attitude era. Now that you don't have to lock in 6 months at a time, it's worth 9.99 a month until you see all you want to see.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That match is going to OWN

until there's no ending again

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No seriously I know we use hyperbole a lot but is this actually one of the worst PPVs in a long time? Like, Dean/Bray was fun and had some great spots but does it make up for literally everything else?
it all hinges on the main event and we already know that's going to be garbage. so yeah, it's a pretty bad FPV

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can we just have the Truck monkeys put together an entire match from old footage and call it a PPV

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Did they really think referencing Bryan - Sheamus at Wrestlemania was a good thing?

Would it have really have been that hard to give Nikki and AJ 5 minutes minimum to wrestle rather than stall forever?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

so i'll take it the wwe network is not worth getting? seems like it'd be fun to watch tons of old raws and ppvs.

None of the Raws you want to watch are up.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This is legit awful. Why am I wasting my time? Thank god I don't watch the shows every week anymore, because if the "PPVs" are this bad, I can't imagine Raw

Signal 19
Jul 18, 2005

Mega Downs

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You clearly already forgot about Mizdow going over and Cody turning more and more into his father

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Strap in guys, lets just say that it's not just Marvel that know how to do a good stinger to close to the show

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Should have let them have an awesome NXT match on the show if you are trying to keep free trials as subs, since NXT is the 2nd best reason to have the network. poo poo after this PPV it might be the #1 reason.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Retail Slave posted:

Because Team Cena wins, his team is "fired" and then he helps the authority attack them as he re-instates HHH and Steph to end the show.

real talk would this redeem the show?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Food Court Druid posted:

Actually I think it's going to be a dictatorship either way.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Retail Slave posted:

Eh, Randy Orton is going to RKO someone tonight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
NO DON'T CO-OPT THE FUCKIN YES CHANT

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ending your career by being kissed by Brie Bella is less humiliating than having Cryme Tyme sell your underwear and call you a VD riddled skank.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

This is legit awful. Why am I wasting my time? Thank god I don't watch the shows every week anymore, because if the "PPVs" are this bad, I can't imagine Raw

This is basically an episode of RAW honestly.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

this isn't the worst ppv, Dean vs Wyatt and the tag team match was good.

not even close to being the worst. battleground has this beat in complete worthlessness

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Is there a way for everyone involved to lose?

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Gough Suppressant posted:

Wait, if it's a TLC what are they grabbing off the pole?

Dean's Dad On A Pole Match!

Didn't WCW do something like that for real? I could be misremembering but I swear Buff Bagwell was in a match with his mom on a pole.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flameingblack posted:

In some weird way CM Punk and Daniel Bryan just kissed

I mean both of them have kissed AJ so...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Abel Wingnut posted:

It's incredible value for the price and well worth getting as far as I'm concerned.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Battleground was dogshit. There's no way this will be as bad as Battleground.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

main event: D-

Show rating: E+

Popularity lost in 11 regions

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

I think there have been worse. Wrestlemania 27?

Wrestlemania 27 at lest had some fun Stone Cold poo poo. Over the Limit 2011 (or whatever one it is that had the Cena I quit handicap match) is prob the worst WWE PPV I've seen since I started watching again in 2010. Battleground from this year was also really loving lame.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

not even close to being the worst. battleground has this beat in complete worthlessness

yep

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Didn't WCW do something like that for real? I could be misremembering but I swear Buff Bagwell was in a match with his mom on a pole.

Judy Bagwell. On a forklift.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I consider Battleground 2013 to be one of the worst PPVs I've seen. Everything was dumb, and even worse it was BORING as gently caress. This isn't as bad as that. Yet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

This is basically an episode of RAW honestly.

A really lovely one at that too.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Valeyard posted:

Strap in guys, lets just say that it's not just Marvel that know how to do a good stinger to close to the show

Grumpy Cat is back!?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

main event: D-

Show rating: E+

Popularity lost in 11 regions

wwe was smart to hold the network back in the UK to save face

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

OldTennisCourt posted:

better or worse than December 2 Dismember

Worse than December 2 Dismember. The Chamber match was pretty good for what it was, and the Hardys/MNM match to open the card was great.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Isn't having someone kiss you a DQ

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thauros posted:

there's been some rumors floating around for a week that she was dropping the belt tonight and leaving soon

Dumb.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Retail Slave posted:

NO FUTURE BUT THROUGH CENA

STATUS QUO FOREVER

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

So why is everyone saying AJ is gone now?

Because that's the way you drop a belt if you're never coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Always remember December to Dismember.

• Locked thread