Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Beef Waifu posted:

You can get the gently caress in line with patches for fixing stupid poo poo in games, I've been waiting for 3 years for that Catherine patch.

You will never finish Axis Mundi solo. Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

If I believe in myself, I can accomplish anything!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

PoshAlligator posted:

If you mean the Wild Cards edition then no, everyone I've seen has been about £70+ which is somewhat ludicrous. People must be buying them though I guess?

At our store we just had the game + tarot cards but we sold out of our limit really fast and couldn't get anymore. Now we just sell the game and Chie's Badge Set and Teddie Double Keyring for £29.99. It's not close to the sort of bundle you're looking for but I'm going to leave a really tiny link to it here just in case.

I'd order that ASAP, but I don't get paid til Friday - the day it comes out. Is that pre-order only, or are there likely to be extras available after? I just want Chie's badges.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'd order that ASAP, but I don't get paid til Friday - the day it comes out. Is that pre-order only, or are there likely to be extras available after? I just want Chie's badges.

Well, the price is pre-order only I'm afraid (we'll likely have to jump it up to £34.99 on release day). The bundle with the badges and keyring will really depend on how many we sell, but we'll likely still have them.

cozyduck
Feb 16, 2011

It has been proven possible, you know.
Not that it excuses the whole situation.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

cozyduck posted:

It has been proven possible, you know.

What, on the glitched version? I mean, it's totally possible on the japanese version yeah.

best I could ever manage on the glitched version was like 81 steps or something and apparently that was enough to stick me at #1 on the leaderboards at the time

cozyduck
Feb 16, 2011

What, on the glitched version? I mean, it's totally possible on the japanese version yeah.

best I could ever manage on the glitched version was like 81 steps or something and apparently that was enough to stick me at #1 on the leaderboards at the time

Yeah, I do mean the glitched version.
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnrylaLUXM
It's pretty ridiculous.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

cozyduck posted:

Yeah, I do mean the glitched version.
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnrylaLUXM
It's pretty ridiculous.

How the gently caress does one man get to be so good at Catherine that he can pull that off? That's loving absurd. I thought I was pretty good at this for lasting a mere 80 steps.

I was led to believe this was functionally impossible because the longer you stay on one "level" the faster the blocks drop and you can hear them dropping drat fast in that video. I figured eventually the blocks would just drop too fast to keep up with. But he outpaces it and keeps constantly forming stable foundations to continually keep the stage from deteriorating into the mess it does otherwise. It cycles through the same patterns repeatedly so I imagine it's not actually all that hard once you know what to do and what to look for but drat do you have to be fast about it and it takes great knowledge of the fundamentals of the game to keep the stage from collapsing on itself, loving impressive.

this video makes the catherine fan in me very very happy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get good, scrubs.

This includes me, it's a universal PSA for puzzle games.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I've been playing a poo poo ton of Theaterhythm Curtain Call lately, and absolutely loving it, and had a weird thought - "I wish I had this game, but for SMT music" - and then remembered that Dancing All Night is still coming!

The question remains though: Can I pet and/or dress up Chie Kanji Nanako Dojima?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We don't know about Nanako and Ryotaro yet, I would assume MAYBE. Chie's dancing outfit is sick as hell though, dawg. You'll probably be able to change clothes, this is being made by the Project Diva guys, after all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Over tumblr someone translated the P3 fanbook where they explained lots of things about the setting, and well, they're pretty loving weird.

quote:

Q: Could you tell me what Nyx really is, bluntly and unpoetically?

In order to speak about this, we need to take a step back and look at our planet’s prehistory first. In ancient times, there existed a gigantic living being, the size of a celestial body, drifting through outer space in a dormant state. We call such a being a “Star Eater”. At a certain point in time, this being collided with a planet which had only just begun to develop its first forms of life - earth. The chance of this happening was merely one in several Million - no, Billion. In any case, this event can be seen as the first contact between Nyx and earth’s lifeforms.

Thus, Nyx was an alien organism. The matter Nyx was composed of existed under physical laws which defy those of earth. Even the mere collision alone brought tremendous results with itself. In any case, the debris broken off in the shock of the collision entered earth’s orbit and became our moon. As Nyx’ psyche, which exists in a wave-like state, was left behind on earth, her physical body was enclosed in the moon alongside the debris. However, you see, the psyche was the far more problematic part of this being to begin with.
The waves of Nyx’s psyche, which spread across the planet, stood in harsh contradiction with the life already existing on it and threatened to eliminate said life entirely. Of course, the still very primitive, survival-instinct driven lifeforms of earth made attempts to resist these ‘Waves of Death’. As a result of this, the lifeforms of earth entered a period of explosive evolution, and developed coping-strategies to resist Nyx, weapons against her. The crown of this development was a plane of shared information between all living beings on earth, the so-called “Collective Unconscious”.

Q: Why are certain electronic devices, such as Mitsuru’s bike or Aigis able to move during the Dark Hour?

There is a certain material, which plays a crucial role in this answer to this question. It is a material which did not original exist on earth - The Plume of Dusk.

In reality, these “Plumes” were shed by Nyx when her body fused with the moon, and then fell down onto earth. In other words, they are shards of Nyx’ body. They received the name “Plume of Dusk” for their shape, which resembles the plumage of a bird. These Plumes seem to exist in a state between mass and information, having properties of both. Though they are parts of Nyx, the embodiment of death, they send out a wave very close to the readings of a living being. Further, they carry the potential to the same power of space-time manipulation as Shadows. This is why machines which have a Plume of Dusk inserted into their core can work and be used, even during the Dark Hour. Mitsuru-kun’s bike as well as the Evokers all carry Plumes of Dusk inside.

:catdrugs:

http://ask-persona.tumblr.com/post/99861586798/persona-3-club-book-world-guide-q-a-translation-part

http://ask-persona.tumblr.com/post/100095369103/persona-3-club-book-world-guide-q-a-translation-part

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So Nyx is basically Jenova?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So Nyx is basically Jenova?

With some Lavos on the side, yeah.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

I can't tell if you're joking.

He is. It's obviously going to be Chie.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Nothing to win, but we have a thing on our website in the build-up to Persona Q's release to vote for the "best girl".

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/waifu-wars-legend-best-girl-heat-one/

Yes, there is an in-office betting pool for the overall winner involving sweet treats.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PoshAlligator posted:

Nothing to win, but we have a thing on our website in the build-up to Persona Q's release to vote for the "best girl".

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/waifu-wars-legend-best-girl-heat-one/

Yes, there is an in-office betting pool for the overall winner involving sweet treats.

None of those appear to be Teddie.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

i clicked the link and teddie is later.

edit: chie and rise got pretty lucky with their first rounds. fuuka and marie, lol.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man, Aigis vs Mitsuru? Whoever loses we all win.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Paused for a second before voting Chie what the gently caress is wrong with me

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Didn't expect everyone to love the poll so much but totally stoked everyone is getting involved.

Teddies and Yu will be up for voting tomorrow! We've got to split the first this first round in two there's so many.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
It will be a hard toss-up between Elizabeth and Teddie, the obvious winners of bracket 2.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ImpAtom posted:

None of them are Maya either.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Where the hell is Kanji. Let me vote for Kanji. He's the best girlfriend in the game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kortel posted:

It will be a hard toss-up between Elizabeth and Teddie, the obvious winners of bracket 2.

dont know how to break it to you but elizabeth is currently getting destroyed by labrys :saddowns:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Can't vote for canon waifu, Yosuke. Bad Poll.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MarsDragon posted:

None of them are Ulala either.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dragonatrix posted:

dont know how to break it to you but elizabeth is currently getting destroyed by labrys :saddowns:
I know it says Elizabeth but the picture is Metis!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That explains everything. Why even remembers Metis?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I remember metis

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I know it says Elizabeth but the picture is Metis!

Oops, thanks for catching that.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can't vote for canon waifu, Yosuke. Bad Poll.

Maybe we can have another poll in the future!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

No Chihiro? Anna Yoshizaki? Mr. Morooka? Burn the site to the ground, there is nothing good there.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
It has to be Chie. Even Naoto can't compete.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does the 3DS store usually do midnight activations for games, or is that just a special deal for things like Pokemon? I want to get my filthy paws on Persona Q soonest. I also want Labrys to be in it, but that's probably not going to happen.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

No Chihiro? Anna Yoshizaki? Mr. Morooka? Burn the site to the ground, there is nothing good there.

Clearly Hanako is the answer

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

No Ai, no Yuko, no vote

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is there a Persona Q thread?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

UberJumper posted:

Is there a Persona Q thread?

No one appears to have made one yet. I'd make one but I don't know anything about the mechanics, just the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one needs a PQ thread.