Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I apologize to everyone that was on my team tonight. That was a bad night of Mechwarrioring for me. I had fun, but I was awful. Even more awfuler than normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE
At least the music channel was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
axelsoar and parametric!

I took your guides and added them to the new MWO section of the wiki.

FAKEEDIT: Oh, there's a MWO section on the wiki now.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

OB_Juan posted:

axelsoar and parametric!

I took your guides and added them to the new MWO section of the wiki.

FAKEEDIT: Oh, there's a MWO section on the wiki now.

Link?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

I'm just going to put this out there. Getting rid of Niko doesn't magically make robots any better. For any other game this would be seen as a good move towards improving community relations. However MWO is still in the hands of two shitlords: Bullocks and Ekman.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
It was the audacity in the gift mug that empowered him with the hellfire.

That mug was seriously the most cruel joke to ever be played on humanity when in Niko's hands.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I just saw a post on reddit that says Egomane is gone as well. That's interesting.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fil5000 posted:

I just saw a post on reddit that says Egomane is gone as well. That's interesting.

But that's different. According to some on the reacharoundhpg, that's the community's fault.

:bravo:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

https://goonsay.goonrathi.com/index.php/MWO_Main

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

armchairyoda posted:

But that's different. According to some on the reacharoundhpg, that's the community's fault.

:bravo:

Can't find anything about Egomane on there, though admittedly I'm not looking hard.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

Can't find anything about Egomane on there, though admittedly I'm not looking hard.

Found a bit of a pubbie saying Egomane mentioned something about Niko no longer being employed by :pgi: not being connected to his health. No source was linked by the pubbie in question. So take that info with a grain ton of salt. That's the only thing I saw when taking a look.

Link to reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/2mwefl/niko_has_left_pgi_russ/cm8jn6v (OutreachHPG)

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 22, 2014

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Fil5000 posted:

His profile on the brown sea is just a regular user now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

pixelbaron posted:

His profile on the brown sea is just a regular user now.

Yeah, saw that, I meant the bit about reddit blaming the community for it. I've seen people blame the community for Niko's departure of course.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I for one am proud to have been part of a community that refused to be "managed" by a man who got his whole company shadow-banned on Reddit.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

PoptartsNinja posted:

I for one am proud to have been part of a community that refused to be "managed" by a man who got his whole company shadow-banned on Reddit.

You are part of the community that banned them from reddit.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

wargames posted:

Well, I'm sure that Drewjitsu isn't the only person who reported Niko's idiotic attempts to make the transverse subreddit a PR outlet. There's a lot of things that goons have ruined single handed but I think that one was very much a team effort.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wargames posted:

They got shadow banned because they flagrantly broke reddit's rules, not because of goons.

Maybe you should have some idea of what you're talking about before you post stupid things!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

wargames posted:

We aren't Reddit admins and we didn't do anything to bait Niko into walking all over the Reddit terms of service. Niko got his company because he's a shitler.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Voyager I posted:

We aren't Reddit admins and we didn't do anything to bait Niko into walking all over the Reddit terms of service. Niko got his company because he's a shitler.

Well you'd have to commend him for his diligence in rooting out naysayers on the mwomercs.com/forums. Going as far as connecting offsite comments to game accounts is certainly above the call of duty!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Going as far as connecting offsite comments to game accounts is certainly above the call of duty!

B-but if people post mean things about MechWarrior: Online in places Russ might see them and Russ DOES sees them, he wouldn't have been able to continue tell Russ what he wants to hear how much the community loves Ghost Heat!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Clan Piss Piglet

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

They got shadow banned because they flagrantly broke reddit's rules, not because of goons.

Maybe you should have some idea of what you're talking about before you post stupid things!

I am glad my joke went over everyone's head on how niko blamed goons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wargames posted:

I am glad my joke went over everyone's head on how niko blamed goons.

If you're making a joke then you should try some form of irony instead of deadpan. Works better.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

If you're making a joke then you should try some form of irony instead of deadpan. Works better.

Sarcasm: Guess I will have to put joke or serious are the start of all of sentences now for people to understand me like hk-47.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wargames posted:

Sarcasm: Guess I will have to put joke or serious are the start of all of sentences now for people to understand me like hk-47.

All you did was post verbatim a sentiment which some people earnestly believe, that's not how you make a joke. Three people responded like you were in earnest, and guess who is the common denominator in all three cases!

(It's you, the one who doesn't understand posting)

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fil5000 posted:

Okay... I mis/drunk-read it as Egomange. That was Niko too.

It still makes for a good joke tho!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

MechWarrior Online: No, this is how jokes work

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MWO has a deal for buying poo poo with Karma Koin bought through Paypal. Yes that is like, two steps too many but if you feel the need to give PGI money it seems like a good deal. Link

Free mechbay with purchase of $7 or $15 but it doesn't say that later tiers include the rewards from earlier ones. If they do include it though, it is a pretty sweet deal with two mechbays and a mug plus the 3k MC for $15. Plus it lasts until December 22nd so you can use it for a theoretical MC bonus/discount around Black Friday. Knowing PGI, it probably means there will be an MC sale starting December 23rd though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Humor is Lostech, only arguments endure.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I played a bit of Mechwarrior Online, did not play for a while! This current tournament is kind of silly, honestly. 20 matches where you have to get 1 kill, 1 assist, survive THEN win?

I mean, in the early days of pub stomping that was the norm, but nowadays? I don't even know how much things changed. So many strange new mechs with fancy stuff in there, it's kinda nuts.

I'm also still rich. What's a good mech to buy from the swab of mechs that's been released over the year and half ago?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
If you're space romney you should get a few Timberwolfs and Stormcrows. Best heavy and best medium currently available.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cosmic Afro posted:

I played a bit of Mechwarrior Online, did not play for a while! This current tournament is kind of silly, honestly. 20 matches where you have to get 1 kill, 1 assist, survive THEN win?

I mean, in the early days of pub stomping that was the norm, but nowadays? I don't even know how much things changed. So many strange new mechs with fancy stuff in there, it's kinda nuts.

I'm also still rich. What's a good mech to buy from the swab of mechs that's been released over the year and half ago?

Buy a Timberwolf, go play and get your tournament prize in about 25 games.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cosmic Afro posted:

It's nice and simple, but so far even on scrub tier I'm only at 2/20.

giving you enough premium time to last the competition with the first point is a nice touch.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

So I never thought I'd say this but the Raven 2X is a good robot.

3ML/1LPL with cooldown mods for both absolutely wrecks poo poo. I need radar deprivation adapt though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

various cheeses posted:

So I never thought I'd say this but the Raven 2X is a good robot.

3ML/1LPL with cooldown mods for both absolutely wrecks poo poo. I need radar deprivation adapt though.

Cicada 2B is actually decent too. 5MPL with range, heat and duration quirks is vaguely horrifying, you have a decent bit of speed with a 300XL and everyone ignores you because you're a cicada.

e.(g):

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 23, 2014

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

deathbagel posted:

Buy a Timberwolf, go play and get your tournament prize in about 25 games.

Even a Timberwolf won't allow you to win the games where your team trickles into the enemy deathball one by one so it 0-6 after five minutes. Getting the kills isn't the problem, surviving and winning is.

Need five more wins for my Victor. 8 games so far today, no points. gently caress everything.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

:hfive: there languishing-at-five-points buddy! I scored two points in a post-party haze this morning and am now hitting a wall on the last 5. I'm still on my 3:1 games:points ratio, so I'm looking at at least another 12-15 games before I finish up.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So for some dumb reason I decided to try this game again after giving up 18 months back. Something about playing "EVE a horrible game" since then must mess with your brain because for the most part MWO seems much improved from the way back.

I saw this free Victor challenge and so told myself that if I could get through it without uninstalling, that the game might just be worth a second shot. Took me a grueling 60 matches, and I want to personally strangle every pub player in the game; but oddly enough the games were mostly fun and seemed pretty balanced.

So now that I'm stuck back on this game, how dumb am I to not be that interested in clan mechs? Maybe it's just sunk cost fallacy, but looking at my giant pile of IS mechs, I find it hard to stomach having to start over collecting all sorts of incompatible clan tech.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
WoL is staying aligned to Liao, I believe. That means that you wouldn't be able to use Clan 'mechs in CW while in WoL.

That said, I think a goon clan is likely to happen, so...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So for some dumb reason I decided to try this game again after giving up 18 months back. Something about playing "EVE a horrible game" since then must mess with your brain because for the most part MWO seems much improved from the way back.

I saw this free Victor challenge and so told myself that if I could get through it without uninstalling, that the game might just be worth a second shot. Took me a grueling 60 matches, and I want to personally strangle every pub player in the game; but oddly enough the games were mostly fun and seemed pretty balanced.

So now that I'm stuck back on this game, how dumb am I to not be that interested in clan mechs? Maybe it's just sunk cost fallacy, but looking at my giant pile of IS mechs, I find it hard to stomach having to start over collecting all sorts of incompatible clan tech.

Some of the crappier IS mechs are pretty solid now after the Great Quirkening; check the list of changes on your worst mechs.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Took me 51 games, of 29 games loving around with Spider-5D (14 wins 10 points). Other 22 games were taken seriously, with 16 wins and 10 points. Personally using Timberwolf with 2 C-LRM15+A was the easiest and little :effort:. Just had to stay alive after getting the 1 kill I needed.

Overall this is a poo poo event but I decided to do it because I need 2 Victor variants (now 1).

• Locked thread