Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Actually, nah, permanent would be more funny. "Here's your car back, BMW".

Limited edition, 1 of 1 with specialty numbered plaque, TopGeartm package. MSRP +$20,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 237 days!)

IOwnCalculus posted:

So are they saying cocks are done with Audis and back to BMWs?

Which one did Clarkson buy most recently?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

IOwnCalculus posted:

So are they saying cocks are done with Audis and back to BMWs?

Wait, are you saying that's an Audi? I honestly don't know any more, German cars all look the same these days.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Wait, are you saying that's an Audi? I honestly don't know any more, German cars all look the same these days.
It's a BMW M4 in the picture.

And, yes, I predict cocks will be driving them exclusively in the near future.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
All three hybrid hyper cars together on a Top Gear test!
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/laferrari-vs-Mclaren-p1-vs-porsche-918-ultimate-showdown-2014-11-12

Just not tested by our presenters. :(

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Ultimate Road Trip 2 is the funniest thing I've seen out of TG in quite some time.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
So, according to their Twitter feeds, the guys were stuck in Trail, BC today due to bad weather. What in the good name of gently caress would they be doing there? I grew up near there, and the only reason anyone ever went there was because it had a slightly better-equipped hospital than other nearby places. There are great roads in that area, but not in loving November, and Trail is better off avoided altogether. Now I'm really curious what kind of special they're filming (shitholes in deceptively beautiful places?)

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
You mean you don't love the scenic teck smelter?

But in all seriousness that's pretty cool, the roads up there will make for some sweet TG action. Wonder if the episode will be snow related, or just them ripping up the roads? Bad time of year for driving up there...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PT6A posted:

So, according to their Twitter feeds, the guys were stuck in Trail, BC today due to bad weather. What in the good name of gently caress would they be doing there? I grew up near there, and the only reason anyone ever went there was because it had a slightly better-equipped hospital than other nearby places. There are great roads in that area, but not in loving November, and Trail is better off avoided altogether. Now I'm really curious what kind of special they're filming (shitholes in deceptively beautiful places?)

Maybe they have to buy a car for $800 to deliver a brick of pot to ski bum tourists in Whistler mid winter on bald all seasons. Also known as any locals first job.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe they're doing some kind of US/Canada rivalry themed show and filming all along the border.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

They could be doing a bit on the Big White rally, and spending the two weeks leading up to it shooting random road footage around the #3? that makes no sense, but then Top Gear doesn't generally adhere to 'sense'

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tommychu posted:

They could be doing a bit on the Big White rally, and spending the two weeks leading up to it shooting random road footage around the #3? that makes no sense, but then Top Gear doesn't generally adhere to 'sense'

This makes the most sense of anything I've heard so far. Still, they were flying out of Trail (hence being hosed by weather), and Trail is really the metaphorical anus of that general area.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Is 31 "open" (if you can pass it) in the winter? That could be a sweet snow challenge.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
The info that was going over the radio about it was that they were shooting a segment on the Hennesy Velociraptor and wanted a variety of terrain including desert, mountains and forests, so were apparently also shooting in the Okanagan.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
drat, a BC episode would be sweet.

In raptor-related news, I saw one of these yesterday in Tucson.

Glad those dudes get to hoon about on ARE TAX DOLLARS! Talk about a dream job, between that and the dirt bikes they ride along the border.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Simkin posted:

The info that was going over the radio about it was that they were shooting a segment on the Hennesy Velociraptor and wanted a variety of terrain including desert, mountains and forests, so were apparently also shooting in the Okanagan.

That makes a lot more sense, especially given that Clarkson was apparently just in Australia 5 days ago.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

drat, a BC episode would be sweet.

In raptor-related news, I saw one of these yesterday in Tucson.

Glad those dudes get to hoon about on ARE TAX DOLLARS! Talk about a dream job, between that and the dirt bikes they ride along the border.

I remember reading that they had to get an exception to allow them to buy leather seats (or got Ford to do a limited run of cloth) because even with such frivolities, the Raptor is cheaper and better than the aftermarket modified trucks they were using before.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if they have satnav and premium sound.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Simkin posted:

Yes, but... why Trail? Literally every place even remotely near Trail is much nicer than Trail, and probably superior is most every way (except having a large regional hospital... I always assumed they put it in Trail so it would have something going for it).

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Maybe they were just in transit through the southern interior, or ...? I guess we'll find out in a year when it airs.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Simkin posted:

Maybe they were just in transit through the southern interior, or ...? I guess we'll find out in a year when it airs.

I suppose. Maybe the BBC was just loving with them when they arranged the itinerary.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

PT6A posted:

I suppose. Maybe the BBC was just loving with them when they arranged the itinerary.

..much like their incredible salaries?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Holy poo poo, I was just talking to a buddy last week about how cool it would be if Top Gear finally did something in Canada, and bam, they turn up in BC, which is objectively Best Canada.

Too bad it's probably just a little showcase segment because there's some pretty decent roads scattered around here that would be great for a bigger roadtrip special. And some pretty harrowing ones. I'd love to see them tackle the glorified goat trail that people like to call the road between Litton and Lillooet, for instance.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Delsaber posted:

Holy poo poo, I was just talking to a buddy last week about how cool it would be if Top Gear finally did something in Canada, and bam, they turn up in BC, which is objectively Best Canada.

Too bad it's probably just a little showcase segment because there's some pretty decent roads scattered around here that would be great for a bigger roadtrip special. And some pretty harrowing ones. I'd love to see them tackle the glorified goat trail that people like to call the road between Litton and Lillooet, for instance.

Oy oy, careful now - Old Man Duffy is one of the best roads in the province. Goat trail, indeed. It is windy, well-maintained, little-used and perhaps most importantly, lightly patrolled. I have enjoyed the Duffy a lot of times over the years, and it has never disappointed. :getin:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Delsaber posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. I drove that a few years ago on the way back from Alaska. That was a hella fun drive, especially the switchbacks down the cliff at the western end by Pemberton. It's North America's scale model of the Rhine valley.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Too bad they didn't do the Cabot Trail in the fall, that would have been awesome.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 24, 2014

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
There's no update on when they'll be back this fall right?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

PT6A posted:

Yes, but... why Trail? Literally every place even remotely near Trail is much nicer than Trail, and probably superior is most every way (except having a large regional hospital... I always assumed they put it in Trail so it would have something going for it).

Being from Castlegar; drat rights.

Delsaber posted:

Have you forgotten about the Top Gear Polar Special?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PT6A posted:

Jeremy Clarkson is a producer and decides what they do.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You mean they are not actually at the mercy of THE PRODUCERS? :supaburn:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Data Graham posted:

You mean they are not actually at the mercy of THE PRODUCERS? :supaburn:

They are, they just happen to number among THE PRODUCERS :v:

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Next you'll be telling me they knew they were going to Chernobyl.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Top Gear is still real to me dammit!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Guys, they fake a whole lot of stuff in Top Gear. That time Jeremy died in an explosion? Didn't happen. The time they burned down someone's caravan? Staged. Remember that furore about the stuff in Argentina? Come on, guys, Argentina isn't even a real country.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

TheDarkFlame posted:

Guys, they fake a whole lot of stuff in Top Gear. That time Jeremy died in an explosion? Didn't happen. The time they burned down someone's caravan? Staged. Remember that furore about the stuff in Argentina? Come on, guys, Argentina isn't even a real country.

Remember when they went to Albania and tested a Bentley Mulsanne? I hear tell it wasn't even a real Bentley. :v:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

Remember that furore about the stuff in Argentina? Come on, guys, Argentina isn't even a real country.

What are you talking about??? Of course the Fuhrer and his supporters were never in Argentina :v:

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(

TheDarkFlame posted:

That time Jeremy died in an explosion? Didn't happen.

Black stig did die for real though!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Data Graham posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. I drove that a few years ago on the way back from Alaska. That was a hella fun drive, especially the switchbacks down the cliff at the western end by Pemberton. It's North America's scale model of the Rhine valley.

The Big Slide area of Highway 12 would do wonders for James May's fear of heights.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Delsaber posted:

The Big Slide area of Highway 12 would do wonders for James May's fear of heights.

Wait.. he has a pilots' license, and he is afraid of heights? :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Viggen posted:

Wait.. he has a pilots' license, and he is afraid of heights? :what:
I'm afraid of heights (I can't even get on the roof of my house without wobbling like a drunk) but love flying