Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Doing an overclock improperly can permanently damage your hardware. If I were you, I would find the console port with the highest system requirements and go off of that. As far as I know this is going to be Metal Gear Solid V.

What were the requirements for that again? Like a 760 for your gpu or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Luna Was Here posted:

What were the requirements for that again? Like a 760 for your gpu or something like that?

I suppose it would have been polite to link it. Here you go. Now is the time where graphics are starting to go from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbone/PS4. My lovely video card (GTX 275) has performed admirably up until this point, playing nearly every game on high settings, but there are several games out now that I don't meet the minimum requirements for. Upgrade now and you should be safe until the next console comes out.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 24, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I suppose it would have been polite to link it. Here you go. Now is the time where graphics are starting to go from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbone/PS4. My lovely video card (GTX 275) has performed admirably up until this point, playing nearly every game on high settings, but there are several games out now that I don't meet the minimum requirements for. Upgrade now and you should be safe until the next console comes out.
Haha minimum cpu is an i5, the age of :pcgaming: is truly upon us

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Robo Reagan posted:

Do we have a goon FL linkshell? I'm in it for the long haul since I want the golden lion armor and some goons to do it with would be nice.

I run one, but it's been dead for a while because with how Wolves' Den and Frontlines matchmaking works, group queues in PVP are terrible compared to solo queues, unless you are literally the entire group. (Even then the WD queue hates you.)

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 24, 2014

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ugh, I missed the boat while I was unsubscribed and now I can't get anyone to do Ramuh Ex with me. :sigh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Deviant posted:

Ugh, I missed the boat while I was unsubscribed and now I can't get anyone to do Ramuh Ex with me. :sigh:

I'm assuming you're not in a goon guild? Generally saying in FC chat "Anyone want to do <x>, you'll get a newbie bonus" will have goons clamoring to help ya out.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, we've been running completely obsolete poo poo like Ultima HM lately in DGKK just to help goons clear out their journals so I don't understand how you're having trouble with REX.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Leal posted:

I'm assuming you're not in a goon guild? Generally saying in FC chat "Anyone want to do <x>, you'll get a newbie bonus" will have goons clamoring to help ya out.

I might switch over to DGKK, then. Everyone in PBC is either too busy, and from what I understand Ramuh Ex is no fun which may be contributing to the problem.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Deviant posted:

I might switch over to DGKK, then. Everyone in PBC is either too busy, and from what I understand Ramuh Ex is no fun which may be contributing to the problem.

DGKK is awesome for this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ramuh Ex is stupid easy with a single tank warrior. Stoneskin from a whm is worth almost 2k and lustrate gets about 3k. At that point it's just burn the boss and don't gently caress up chaos strike.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ramuh Ex is stupid easy with a single tank warrior. Stoneskin from a whm is worth almost 2k and lustrate gets about 3k. At that point it's just burn the boss and don't gently caress up chaos strike.

Sigh, tell that to the pubbies. I've been trying to WHM it, which isn't too bad.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wish PF had figured this out a couple days ago. Only finally got through it when a group decided to do it this way this morning. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Well, tank swapping isn't too hard either, but your DPS have to actually be on point.

Double sch/war tank is the pro way to do it. Faeries can handle all the healing on the parties, sch can just stay in cleric stance for dps, and they have lustrate all day long.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

DGKK is awesome for this.

I asked someone to pass a message along to DGKK, but didn't get any takers. Maybe another night, I guess.

Is there a cross communication LS?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 24, 2014

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Deviant posted:

I asked someone to pass a message along to DGKK, but didn't get any takers. Maybe another night, I guess.

Is there a cross communication LS?

If you want to join a goon guild on Excalibur, follow the instructions on ffgoons.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
DGKK really needs the magic of Sophia Mclaren

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The Chairman posted:

If you want to join a goon guild on Excalibur, follow the instructions on ffgoons.

I'm just trying to dig up people to go to Ramuh, thank you.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Chairman posted:

Pretty sure he's in PBC and trying to ping DGKK people, to broaden his pool.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Since I just today finally got ACT working, is there a plugin available to make it so the DPS/HPS is displayed on screen instead of in a separate window? I think I saw something along those lines in the Lucrezia T13 clear but wasn't sure where to find it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Since I just today finally got ACT working, is there a plugin available to make it so the DPS/HPS is displayed on screen instead of in a separate window? I think I saw something along those lines in the Lucrezia T13 clear but wasn't sure where to find it

No, but you can change the opacity of the background and enable click-through to make the box around the mini parser disappear. I have mine set at 75% opacity and I separated the encounter time from the dps parsing with solid lines that I found in Unicode somewhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Pretty sure he's in PBC and trying to ping DGKK people, to broaden his pool.

Taken care of as of a few minutes ago though. It's nice how much easier mumble makes that stupid fight, and coordinating tethers/charms.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I had my first experience with an aggressively bad tank in DF today. Anybody else ever run into this Koro E'to person?

He kept ignoring mechanics in Syrcus Tower of all places, wouldn't pull the bosses (along with either of the other tanks but at least one was undergeared) so a DRG in another Alliance had to do it each time, and kept blaming the healers for not keeping him topped off despite his inability to not get hit by any of Emperor Xande's incredibly slow and easy-to-read telegraphs. He actually dragged Xande across the arena once because he ate a Knuckle Press.

He and a bunch of other people in my Alliance seemed to be new so some of us tried to give them advice but this guy was thick as a doornail. He also kept making GBS threads on people in party chat despite trying his damnedest not to actually, well, tank anything.

ST isn't hard, people. :negative:

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011
So, I've been playing this game for about 30 hours now, and while it's funny enough to play I'm getting somewhat bored by the quests, and the traveling in particular. Is this how the rest of the questlines is in this game as well? "Talk to Minfilia, travel far away, talk to one guy, pick up some things, travel back to Minfilia, repeat". I feel I spend so much time just riding chocobos and flying between the main cities. I finally got my arcanist to level 30 and unlocked summoner as well. Here I also had to travel first to Gridania, then to Ul'dah and then back to Gridania to finish the quest. Is everything regarding quests in the game like this?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

cosmo321 posted:

So, I've been playing this game for about 30 hours now, and while it's funny enough to play I'm getting somewhat bored by the quests, and the traveling in particular. Is this how the rest of the questlines is in this game as well? "Talk to Minfilia, travel far away, talk to one guy, pick up some things, travel back to Minfilia, repeat". I feel I spend so much time just riding chocobos and flying between the main cities. I finally got my arcanist to level 30 and unlocked summoner as well. Here I also had to travel first to Gridania, then to Ul'dah and then back to Gridania to finish the quest. Is everything regarding quests in the game like this?

the story quests suck but end game dungeons are fun enough to make up for it. ST especially, its consistently been fun for me even when i dont need to run it anymore

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

please return to the waking sands

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

the story quests suck but end game dungeons are fun enough to make up for it. ST especially, its consistently been fun for me even when i dont need to run it anymore

I hope I don't burn out before I get there. :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is why you use your authenticator to get a free teleport and set it to Limsa, then take the Arcanist's ferry to Vesper Bay for cheaper and faster than teleporting to Horizon.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zereth posted:

please return to the waking sands

waking sands are my trigger pls spoiler ur post tia

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I have personally been having trouble getting a group together in DGKK to do Ultros. It's all I need for trials roulette to be unlocked :( And when I recently asked about EX primals..people acted like it was some major thing requiring pre planned organization..

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Obscurity posted:

I have personally been having trouble getting a group together in DGKK to do Ultros. It's all I need for trials roulette to be unlocked :( And when I recently asked about EX primals..people acted like it was some major thing requiring pre planned organization..

Ultros is a hyper easy novelty fight. You can just DF it. As for EX primals a few of them actually require being awake so you will have to work a bit to put together a party.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

cosmo321 posted:

There's a reason why the Wind-up Minfilia minion comes with kung-fu calling-you-on-her-linkpearl action.

And yeah, later quests (especially class/job quests and story quests) involve a lot of travel. It's just the nature of the beast. However there are also a lot of "hub" quests which get unlocked gradually as you go through the story. You'll just suddenly see a ton of "!" on your minimap after completing a story quest in some new outpost, and you're encouraged to complete them if you're still on your first 50 since it's fairly easy EXP/gil. Those quests are typically all contained to the area around the outpost.

Also make sure to hunt down aetherytes. Riding the airships between the cities is great when you're a new player since they're cheap transportation. With aetherytes, despite costing you some extra gil you'll save a ton of time once you learn where the teleports are all situated in the world map.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

cosmo321 posted:

Well there's your problem. Stop doing that and start teleporting.

Edit: You really only use your mount to travel within the zones you have teleported to in this game.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 24, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well there's your problem. Stop doing that and start teleporting.

Buddy of mine that played a ton of FFXI used to always chocobo around to different places because it was just second nature to him that it would take 20-30 minutes to travel around.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

cosmo321 posted:

Please tell me you clicked the big blue stones and channeled enough to attune to them

pleasepleaseplease

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ilifinicus posted:

Please tell me you clicked the big blue stones and channeled enough to attune to them

pleasepleaseplease

What would be great, if he didn't, would be that they go through aetheryte teleporting super early.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

There's a reason why the Wind-up Minfilia minion comes with kung-fu calling-you-on-her-linkpearl action.

Does it really? That's awesome and hilarious. Hilarisome?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

This is why you use your authenticator to get a free teleport and set it to Limsa, then take the Arcanist's ferry to Vesper Bay for cheaper and faster than teleporting to Horizon.

Do this even without the free port. It's so much faster, and I wish I had done it the first time someone here mentioned it rather than go the long way for several more levels. :doh:

Grammish
Mar 5, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

Ultros is a hyper easy novelty fight. You can just DF it. As for EX primals a few of them actually require being awake so you will have to work a bit to put together a party.

My middle-of-nowhere Internet and, I'll be honest, horribly bad reflexes mean that I'm still working on getting EX Primals on farm. The fights are all fun and based on repeating patterns. I'm just really, REALLY slow when it comes to mechanics.

I'm trying to stop and think of any fights in the game that are just plain unenjoyable, and honestly the only ones I really don't find fun are the ones that permanently kick you out of the fight and make you wait for everyone else to wipe (Titan, Leviathan). Even if I really enjoy the other parts of those bosses, those "off the map wi you!" mechanics just make it harder for us terrible people to learn the fight. It's a tiny nitpick given how fun the rest of the game is though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If you're annoyed about the Waking Sands trips you can teleport to Limsa and there's literally a ferry that will take you straight to Vesper Bay. I didn't find out about that poo poo until like 2.3

edit: Took a group of half-fresh people into T9 last night and got to Favour on our third pull. I love that fight so much when you can get into it with good players.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Set your free teleport to Limsa, use the aether to go to the Arcanist's guild, walk west to the ferry. Save thousands in gil while leveling and probably a good hour or so in time because god knows you waste a loving lot of it if you teleport to Horizon instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

And those mechanics cut out a big part of what makes healing so useful: helping compensate for party mistakes. If healing is just about memorize this attack pattern and pray your party doesn't get landslided, without an ability to react it becomes dry and mechanical.

• Locked thread