Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

ZentraediElite posted:

Make it stop

ELC6N S67RC

Grabbed this. Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

What the hell maps do you people think don't suck? I mean they're all clusterfucks of corners and ledges where you can be shot from a dozen angles.

I actually kind of like Greenband, but then, I stopped jumping into the pit after the first three times I played the map. It's trivially easy to jump over as long as you actually pay attention to where you are and where the pits are.

I like Ascent, Defender, Detroit, Instinct, and Comeback. The only ones I outright dislike are Greenband and Recovery. The rest I'm indifferent to.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

bear is driving! posted:

Big, throbbing, thick, meaty, veiny fucker it was. That and shoot many mans with bullet from gun causing to be a dead man with no life, yes?

We had a loving blast all weekend. Lots of people on and lots of stoming happening.

Also protip: If you need to get strafe kills to unlock a camo, use Exo hover, kills while hovering give you a strafe medal.

hey hey HEY.. give me a word ANY word and i'll pronounce it real funny like, for a nickel.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Dalai Trauma posted:

Riot's the only map I don't like. (gently caress Riot.). However someone mentioned walker tanks and yeah gently caress walker tanks. Those things can hit you anywhere other than the B flag of constant death.

Then... cap B and C and let the meat grinding begin.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Then... cap B and C and let the meat grinding begin.

I do find the first 20 seconds of comeback to be the best of any map. Cap A/C, run to B and watch 2 groups of people crash into each other or, one of the most majestic sights in nature: The migration of a flock of frag and Semtex grenades. *wipes tear from eye*

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Just played my third match with the EM1 on xbox 360 - I got a first-ever ruthless kill with it.

For those poor enough to play on last gen only, the last patch really, REALLY broke the EM1. Seems literally like while balancing the weapons they put an extra zero on the damage multiplier for the gun. Just looking at someone lets me kill them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guess I'm making an em1 class

What build yo?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Christoff posted:

Guess I'm making an em1 class

What build yo?

Oddly enough, no build. I'm going perk- and attachment-less to get the camos.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I must have 10 variations of it by now I knew I wasn't selling them for a reason

It is funny they hyped it up so much and gave a bonus pre order edition and then it sucked initially

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Is the EM1 buff only on the old consoles? I'm curious how my +2 damage variant will fare.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Should be the next generation it seems like patches hit PC first, then ps4/bone, then poorbox

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Christoff posted:

Should be the next generation it seems like patches hit PC first, then ps4/bone, then poorbox

The balance changes was in the last patch for 360, and it seems the BAL was nerfed pretty heavily - but PC, BONE and PS4 seem to have the normal BAL. That leads me to believe that balance changes snuck into our patch but they haven't hit the other systems.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 25, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh ok nvm then

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm on PS4 right now if any of you wanna group up. (PSN=BostonZombie)

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Headphones warning https://www.fuelupforbattle.com/assets/video/MNTDEW_CallOfDuty_v08.webm

Also challenges are currently bugged (at least on PS4, I dunno about other platforms, and I haven't played since this morning, so who knows if they have fixed it by now) so that, for example, getting one hipfire kill with the ASM1 will complete the level 1 challenges for ASM1 kills, ASM1 hipfire kills, ASM1 barebones (if you have no attachments), etc., and it will complete the level 2 challenges for the second kill, etc. You only get the XP for completing the challenge, not the attachments or camos, but leveling up is pretty fast right now.

versus fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 25, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

versus posted:

Headphones warning https://www.fuelupforbattle.com/assets/video/MNTDEW_CallOfDuty_v08.webm

Also challenges are currently bugged (at least on PS4, I dunno about other platforms, and I haven't played since this morning, so who knows if they have fixed it by now) so that, for example, getting one hipfire kill with the ASM1 will complete the level 1 challenges for ASM1 kills, ASM1 hipfire kills, ASM1 barebones (if you have no attachments), etc., and it will complete the level 2 challenges for the second kill, etc. You only get the XP for completing the challenge, not the attachments or camos, but leveling up is pretty fast right now.

It may be counting based on a past prestige for you. That's how it unlocks them when you're dealing with having 99/10 long shots, for example.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok idk if they buffed it on ps4 yet but just em1 is pretty drat good. Makes you move slow though

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, I've never used the EM1 before today, so I have no point of comparison, but it's melting people pretty quickly right now on the Bone.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

The Machinima Man posted:

It may be counting based on a past prestige for you. That's how it unlocks them when you're dealing with having 99/10 long shots, for example.

Oh, I see. Still, it seems unlikely this was intended. I don't remember this happening before.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

versus posted:

Oh, I see. Still, it seems unlikely this was intended. I don't remember this happening before.

It's only happening because they decreased the requirements, so now you have access to a greater number of the camos based on the progress you already had - the game just doesn't know that yet.

Also, secret for everyone who got Carbon Fiber and Gold when they were /50 each, those count as completed toward diamond even though they've been upped to /150 and /200. So when you hit /150 and /200 in those, you get another set of completions and can basically skip all the headshots/longshots/hipfires/etc. since you'll be two ahead.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 25, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Just got all the camos unlocked on EM1 after never using it before, and trying it for the first time a few hours ago. My build is:

ATTACHMENTS: Heat Sink, Foregrip, Quickdraw Grip
PERK 1: Lightweight
PERK 2: Gung Ho, Cold-Blooded
PERK 3: Toughness

WILDCARD 1: Three primary weapon attachments
WILDCARD 2: Two second perks.

I'm wrecking with it. Never bother aiming - just hipfire all day.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Never bother aiming - just hipfire all day.

Quickdraw Grip
Toughness

I think you can save some points.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

The Merry Marauder posted:

is it a rule that people posting EM1 builds itt have a bunch of ADS attachments/perks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

is it a rule that people posting EM1 builds itt have a bunch of ADS attachments/perks

I will be the first to admit I keep trying to aim, even though the recoil is loving terrible on my Pwner. :downsgun:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Is there anyone still using their Turtle Beach X11/12's with teh Xbone controller/adapter? If so, are you getting game sounds down your chat feed so you can't actually turn the game and chat volumes separately?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
If there was ever a map that made me want to stop playing for the night, it would be Riot.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Is there anyone still using their Turtle Beach X11/12's with teh Xbone controller/adapter? If so, are you getting game sounds down your chat feed so you can't actually turn the game and chat volumes separately?

You should be able to turn down the game audio with the adapter. Just press the voice chat button until you hear it beep. Sadly it's a cross-fade between game and voice, not separate volumes for each.

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
They really broke the EM1 on 360. If you aren't fighting at sniper range it wrecks any other gun. No recoil, perfect accuracy hip firing that zaps shootbros dead faster than you can sneeze. My KDR double from when I was using the Bal or HBr. I also had the strangest couple games where the enemy team kept trying squeeze into a little cuddlepile in a corners. Is this some kind of thing? I got a shitload of 4 and 5 kill medals from everytime I walked in on their little truck stop orgy and ended one match with a 17.5 KDR. That was cool I guess.

I'm really hoping they fix the EM1. I like shooting bullets, but I'm a tryhard and I feel like I'm handycapping myself if I'm not putting on a planetarium laser light show like everyone else.

Edited to add: The EM1 even destroys SAC3 and Shotgun builds up close. It's loving rediculous.

Ashheap Empire fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 25, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ashheap Empire posted:

Edited to add: The EM1 even destroys SAC3 and Shotgun builds up close. It's loving rediculous.

Don't remind me. :smith:

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Gothmog1065 posted:

I had the same with a lovely phone microphone/headset.

BrokenKnees posted:

You should be able to turn down the game audio with the adapter. Just press the voice chat button until you hear it beep. Sadly it's a cross-fade between game and voice, not separate volumes for each.

On the x11 there are different wheels to set game and voice chat though, on top of the voice chat button on the adapter, so it shouldn't make a difference

also: is there a way to edit emblems outside of in-game or phone apps?

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 25, 2014

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Quabzor posted:

I had the same with a lovely phone microphone/headset.

On the x11 there are different wheels to set game and voice chat though, on top of the voice chat button on the adapter, so it shouldn't make a difference

But the adapter does both game and voice chat, in addition to having the headset plugged into an audio out from the tv.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

BrokenKnees posted:

But the adapter does both game and voice chat, in addition to having the headset plugged into an audio out from the tv.

Maybe xbone treats my xp5blahblah differently then, but if I have the game/voice balance on anything but only voice I get the same thing, I just dim the balancer down all the way to voice. The +/- on the right side only adjusts the chat volume for me. The audio coming from the tv should only react to the volume adjusters on the x11 chord right?

maybe I am too tired for this conversation. See ya in the morning, I'm sure I'll be on.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Quabzor posted:

Windows 8 app

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Good news for bone and 360 season pass holders. We'll be getting a new weapon on december 11th.

http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/25/xbox-season-pass-owners-get-new-weapon-widowmaker-december-11th/

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

The Merry Marauder posted:

Yeah, I had that set up for the longshot camos. Haven't worked that out of it yet...

I also realized that the camo system is abhorrently broken for the time being, so I'm not using the EM1 all of the sudden.

When you prestige, at least on the 360, it resets your challenges to zero but you save your progress. So basically, I got diamond on five of the six assault rifles (all but the MK14). I prestiged, and then jumped on the AK12 and killed someone while boosting. I got a Strafe medal, and it then went "OH HEY HE HAS 40 STRAFE MEDALS ON THIS" and gave me the challenge... again. Then it went "OH HEY HE COMPLETED ALL THE CAMOS ON THIS" and it gave me the Diamond... again.

Then it took that new Diamond progression, +1'd the class camo completion, and went "OH HEY HE HAS SIX OUT OF SIX ASSAULT RIFLES DONE, HERE IS THE ROYALTY CAMO AND DIAMOND LOADOUT."

I then went to EM1, the only heavy weapon I used, and realized Royalty is currently 2/5, as it has now counted the Diamond completion on the EM1 twice.

So now I'm raging through the submachine guns to unlock some of the camos before prestiging again, whenever I get to that. I'm already level 22...

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Fibby Boy posted:

Good news for bone and 360 season pass holders. We'll be getting a new weapon on december 11th.

http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/25/xbox-season-pass-owners-get-new-weapon-widowmaker-december-11th/

I know a guy who knows a guy and I convinced them to release that on my birthday as a gift for me.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

bear is driving! posted:

I know a guy who knows a guy and I convinced them to release that on my birthday as a gift for me.

Could you convince them to buff the shotguns and mk14 please? And maybe scale back em1 just a hair?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fibby Boy posted:

Could you convince them to buff the shotguns and mk14 please? And maybe scale back em1 just a hair?

Just turn the Mk.14 into the BLOPS 2 FAL, so I can have my K/D back... :qq:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The atlas pistol is better at range and up close than the mk14. I am not kidding. Test it out. The MK14 is slightly slight better at midrange though so its got that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Mister Macys posted:

Just turn the Mk.14 into the BLOPS 2 FAL, so I can have my K/D back... :qq:

Turn the MK.14 in to the fal and turn the EPM3 into the Blops 2 SMR.

That's all I want.

• Locked thread