Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Wormskull posted:

Can I use the Wii one.

probably since my n64 still accepts and works with the stuff from my original nes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Can I use the Wii one.

Yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I have video going through hdmi and audio going through a Wii composite cable and it lets you do that which is cool imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

I have video going through hdmi and audio going through a Wii composite cable and it lets you do that which is cool imo.

Yea I am doing that with my PS3 at the mome. I had a HDMI adapter for my wii so I had to scrounge around for the AV cable though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My wire situation is insane. I have a HDMI switcher box, a VGA/Audio switcher box, 2 composite->3.5mm adapters, like 3 hdmi cables, a HDMI wii adapter...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And 2 L-bend HDMI things for my monitor.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Wires annoy me, that sounds like way too many wires.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I kind of like the chaos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I gotta clean up over here but I'm too lazy.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
I'm going to go buy 3D World and maybe Smash Bros.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Congratulations gamer!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the speakers supposed to be working during the setup.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there any benefit to using my wii nintendo ID.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Is there any benefit to using my wii nintendo ID.

You can transfer any virtual console games I think?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think nintendo network id is a new different thing thats only used on wii u and 3ds

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the wii u is the only next gen console worth owning and has good games on it and backwards compatibility, so No, It Is Not.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i want to drink too much beer and play this with my friends. maybe we will do it on new years. it will be EPIC!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So can I transfer over like my SM64 and Rondo of Blood and all that stuff. I thought the VC's were separate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

So can I transfer over like my SM64 and Rondo of Blood and all that stuff. I thought the VC's were separate.

kinda you can import your old wii and play them in a wii mode

if its on the wii u vc it can detect you have the game in your virtual wii and give you a discount, i think upgrading a nes game is $1 and a snes game is $1.50

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

When I hear stories like the OPs I get extremely glad my TV has 5 HDMI inputs, which is unusual.

I'm just using a computer monitor. It has 2, my other monitor has 2 but it's in a not as good place for gaming on, so I bought the HDMI switcher box in case I run out. It's not too bad and I kind of like having all this crap around my crap./

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man setting up the Wii transfer sounds like a pain but I guess it's worth it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Have you done the epic first update yet?

It's currently doing it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You're almost there, op. Good luck.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it may seem odd but getting both a dock and a stand is very handy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll get my mii up here shortly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh crap I forgot I can't read Japanese.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I got a english Pro Controller what would this club.nintendo thing be telling me to do.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Frank.club

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Seems like youre pretty close to a loving epic gaming experience. I'll admit it- I'm kind of jealous right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how is the new smash

I don't have a ton to drop on games right now, but if online isn't a huge pain in the dick I might get it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's nice that this gamepad has a screen so I don't have to stay on this input, and game while I'm setting up to game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gives me time to finally play some Gone Home.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

It's nice that this gamepad has a screen so I don't have to stay on this input, and game while I'm setting up to game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is already awesome.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
rude

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you start playing Wii-U wormskull, you'll never go back to World of Warcraft or maybe even PC gaming as a whole. Measure these consequences before you buy games like Mario kart 8, Smash brothers, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

please buy the wii u if you havne't alreayd i will NOT read this trehad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

please buy the wii u if you havne't alreayd i will NOT read this trehad.

Way ahead of you brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
By the way if you're getting Hyrule Warriors, get a second controller of any type just so you can play co-op and have the other player character rush thru the low level missions and break poo poo for your lesser skilled guy.

• Locked thread