Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This much deliberation over an indictment does not make a conviction likely at all, if there is an indictment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Cole posted:

It's also hard to justify being passive when someone has a possibly deadly weapon, regardless of age.

No it's not.

Pre-teens are infinitely more likely to be playing around with a fake gun than coming at a police officer with a real one, with intent to kill. It's completely reasonable to expect a police officer to be aware of that fact before they blow someone to high hell.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Wait so was she a supporter of Wilson?

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

The Warszawa posted:

"A husband and wife ... can't testify against each other."

"I have the worst fuckin' attorneys."

Can't be convicted of the same crime*

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

euphronius posted:

This much deliberation over an indictment does not make a conviction likely at all, if there is an indictment.

I prefer to believe that someone "Twelve Angry Men"'d the jury.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jeff Roorda posted:

The St. Louis Police Department is projecting it will spend three times the amount of money budgeted for overtime this fiscal year ending in July, according to Roorda. Since the shooting, the city has paid out $1 million in overtime pay, officials said.

“We just can’t get through this until we get to it,” Roorda said. “There’s a certain psychological toll that battle-readiness takes on a person.”
Maybe if you didn't call it "battle readiness" you wouldn't be such loving monstrosities in the first place.

im gay posted:

She was just a racist-rear end white woman who couldn't even wait to get home from the gun store to show off her new toy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scared white people are literal comedy.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Everblight posted:

Maybe if you didn't call it "battle readiness" you wouldn't be such loving monstrosities in the first place.

Roorda was the guy who got kicked off the force for falsifying evidence, and is now a state rep. If Wilson doesn't get his gig with Fox News, running for office in South County would probably be a nice side-hustle.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

I prefer to believe that someone "Twelve Angry Men"'d the jury.

You should rewatch that movie if you think Wilson did it.

Everblight posted:

But really, can't we all agree to blame the protesters for not policing against violence enough? Who else could do it but them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So is there any reason at all to hope for an indictment at this point or should I start drinking in prep for the protests being met with insane force and it clearly being because of the minorities that happened?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Trabisnikof posted:

You should rewatch that movie if you think Wilson did it.
It's my favorite movie, I get that Henry Fonda was arguing against a conviction, I just prefer to live in a world where a lone voice of reason convinces 11 other gentlemen of the right choice being the reason that it took so long.

Also, in defense of a minority.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

People shooting themselves with their own guns is easily the most hilarious thing in the world. It's even funnier if it happens at a gun show.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/26/1500431/for-the-sixth-time-in-one-week-man-shot-at-gun-show/ Just the height of comedy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So is there any reason at all to hope for an indictment at this point or should I start drinking in prep for the protests being met with insane force and it clearly being because of the minorities that happened?

Probably best to just start drinking. If the unlikely happens and they hand down an indictment, you can just call it celebratory drinking instead of coping.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

im gay posted:

Everblight posted:

She was just a racist-rear end white woman who couldn't even wait to get home from the gun store to show off her new toy.

Not the impression I get from the tweet in this article, if accurate: http://jezebel.com/woman-ready-for-ferguson-accidentally-kills-self-with-o-1662610675

Seems she was a protester.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm still a little confused about that news link. Is it saying that when she waved the (loaded, chambered, unsafety'd) gun around that the person driving her (boyfriend) ducked and ran into someone, or that another driver freaked out and ran into them?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

When asked about outside agitators, Isom said, "The people who come from outside will be clearly identifiable and we'll deal with those people as well."

How does that even work?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crain posted:

I'm still a little confused about that news link. Is it saying that when she waved the (loaded, chambered, unsafety'd) gun around that the person driving her (boyfriend) ducked and ran into someone, or that another driver freaked out and ran into them?

Either way: LoL.

She was waving it, he ducked and crashed the car they were driving, resulting in her taking one from her own gun to the head. lmbo

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Crain posted:

Either way: LoL.

Her boyfriend ducked, hit someone, and she pulled the trigger during the accident and KOed herself. One of the twitter reporters covering the protests has a picture of her screaming at the police during the original protests, so she's apparently not one of the scared white people (although she is white).

Edit: VVV Smith&Wesson M&P of some variety VVV

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 24, 2014

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
That's a badass looking gun. What model is it

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

CommanderApaul posted:

Her boyfriend ducked, hit someone, and she pulled the trigger during the accident and KOed herself.

Gotcha.

quote:

One of the twitter reporters covering the protests has a picture of her screaming at the police during the original protests, so she's apparently not one of the scared white people (although she is white).

She's just a second order scared white person: She's scared of the scared white people scared of the angry black people.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

How does that even work?

They can setup checkpoints and only allow people with local IDs to pass for one. A sad side effect would be media couldn't get past the checkpoints, but safety is paramount.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Darth123123 posted:

How does that even work?

Non friendly reporters with cameras.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

They can setup checkpoints and only allow people with local IDs to pass for one. A sad side effect would be media couldn't get past the checkpoints, but safety is paramount.

Last time I was up there the police were straight up turning everyone away regardless of ID

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CommanderApaul posted:

Her boyfriend ducked, hit someone, and she pulled the trigger during the accident and KOed herself. One of the twitter reporters covering the protests has a picture of her screaming at the police during the original protests, so she's apparently not one of the scared white people (although she is white).

Eh, there were pro-Wilson "protesters" also. Could be she was arguing with a cop because she got told to move back or some poo poo and was all "but I'm on your side" or whatever. It really isn't clear from what's been said so far. But it does sound like she was a scared white person no matter what side she was on.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Now I'm hearing 8 ET, so that 5 was apparently Pacific time?

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Update at 3:38 p.m. ET. Decision Reached, Will Be Announced:
Edward Magee, of the St. Louis County office of the prosecuting attorney, has just sent a press release saying the grand jury has reached a decision in the case and “it will be announced later today.”

http://npr.tumblr.com/post/103478860521/grand-jury-has-reached-decision-in-michael-brown-case

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

But it does sound like she was a scared white person no matter what side she was on.

Is there really a need for this? It's funny how many racists here assumed she had to be bad because she was white though.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

Eh, there were pro-Wilson "protesters" also. Could be she was arguing with a cop because she got told to move back or some poo poo and was all "but I'm on your side" or whatever. It really isn't clear from what's been said so far. But it does sound like she was a scared white person no matter what side she was on.

I think, given the cop picture, that it's reasonable to assume until we get more information that she's on the pro-Brown side, though you are correct that there are other possbilities.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

tsa posted:

Is there really a need for this? It's funny how many racists here assumed she had to be bad because she was white though.

I can't be racist I have many white friends

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

:allears: I wonder if it was one of our KKK members.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

tsa posted:

Suspect that people who buy guns, and then operate them so poorly as to finish they own drat selves are pretty bad, regardless of what color.

Of course, since you are vastly more likely to shoot yourself, or your family, with your under-the-pillow gun, than you are to shoot a fleet-footed sort making off with your flatscreen, then maybe that is a lot of gun owners.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 24, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

tsa posted:

She was quoted as waving a gun around saying "We're ready for Ferguson!". I don't think you have to be Al Sharpton to read that and assume some things here. In addition to the fact that her stance on the matter isn't even settled.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

goatse.cx posted:

That's a badass looking gun. What model is it

Appears to be a Smith & Wesson M&P.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

theflyingorc posted:

I think, given the cop picture, that it's reasonable to assume until we get more information that she's on the pro-Brown side, though you are correct that there are other possbilities.

She bought the gun to defend herself against rioters. That's not really a pro-brown side thing. I think she is one of the counterprotestors.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
How valid is that twitter post saying that the woman in the photo is the same woman that shot herself?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slo-Tek posted:

...then maybe that is a lot of gun owners.

Gun owners think that she was loving retarded.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yawgmoft posted:

How valid is that twitter post saying that the woman in the photo is the same woman that shot herself?

Well, pretty valid if there is only one "Becca Campbell" in the STL metro.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zen death robot posted:

So school stuff in STL area tonight:

pre:
Latest School Information as of 2:48pm on 11/24/2014

Christian Academy of St. Louis
No PM Activities

Clayton School District
NO AFTER SCHOOL/ EVENING ACTIVITIES

Confluence Academy ALL Campuses
No PM Activities

Jennings School District
CLOSED until Nov 30

Lindbergh School District
NO PM ACTIVITIES

Parkway School District
NO PM ACTIVITIES
LMAO @ Parkway being shut down tonight.

This isn't weird, schools shut down for EVERYTHING even tangentially related to violence. A school local to me sent kids home early because of a police standoff with an armed bank robber that was a mile away.

People are super paranoid about their kids, it has nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Whether she's pro Mike, or pro Darren, or whatever - it's just unfortunate that another person had to die before it's all said and done. I'm not going to really try and assume as to what her motives or intentions were. The thing that stands out to me in the story most is that it was a couple driving home, doing careless and very stupid things, and now there's a dead girl and a guy who basically will have to live with the fact that his sweetheart shot herself in the head when he understandably ducked/swerved and ended up in a collision.

People need to straight up stop hating on each other. The less lives wrecked in this horrible, screwed up world the better, regardless of your skin color. Verdict will be out soon, and I'm really hoping people can keep from doing dumb things like the aforementioned. I just can't really laugh or poke fun at stories like this. I know I'm supposed to, I just don't think I make the best of goons.

Hoping all the protestors stay safe and stay strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Peven Stan posted:

I can't be racist I have many white friends

lmao