Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pivit posted:

1. At any point after the LifeInvader mission go buy LifeInvader stock.
2. Immediately sell it by selecting the LifeInvader stock from your portfolio or market tab, then sell -> sell all.
Do NOT use the sell all button directly on the portfolio tab, only sell from the lifeinvader page itself.

Went from 5k-100k on Michael and Franklin in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for this. Just been using it in conjunction with the $500k pre-order bonus that the game gave to Franklin...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFFUgzehM8

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Been playing in first person only, except for when I have to pick up a car to be towed.

Two questions about first person I can't seem to figure out:

1. Is there no way to stealth run?

2. Is there a way to pedal at a normal speed on bikes in first person? Holding X makes me go fast and burn stamina.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The lifeinvader glitch isn't working for me on Trevor. It only goes up by about 1k each round.

It worked fine for Mike and Franklin though. They're sitting maxed out with stocks still left over.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LCL-Dead posted:

The lifeinvader glitch isn't working for me on Trevor. It only goes up by about 1k each round.

It worked fine for Mike and Franklin though. They're sitting maxed out with stocks still left over.

Went from whatever Trevor's starting cash to 2 billion this morning using it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

LCL-Dead posted:

That's weird, I got Trevor $185 million no problem. I did it after the airstrip because someone said they had all of their cash lost.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah I noticed that. I figure their reason is what it would clip and look ugly used in-car but sure enough our characters spin it on/off in an instant upon equipping

There's actually an animation for it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Capn Beeb posted:

There's actually an animation for it?

Nay. They just do it so fast we never get to see it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Can any of you guys help me here? I've got GTAV for a new 360 and played through it once fine. I'd never bothered with Live so it was all just offline. The other week, I finally connected and downloaded a few updates. Now, GTAV (as well as most of my other games) just constantly freeze up. I'm talking every five or ten minutes. It makes it completely unplayable. Anyone had anything like this/know of a solution?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Note to self: don't gently caress with any of the firefighters in Los Santos.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1G9gYr7MF36PcYZ9

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 24, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

This game is so hilariously broken for me. All I can do is call jimmy to hangout. I keep losing everyone's weapons each time I get kicked off of online. I've hung out with Jimmy about 4 times so far. Can't progress in the story.

geeves fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 24, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's pretty astounding what we considered "good" back in 2008.

I love that I bought GTA IV for PC like right after it came out, and it took me until my latest computer update to actually be able to run it at a respectable framerate with everything turned up to max. And now it looks like poo poo.

edit: To clarify I did buy it and the expansions on the 360 in the interim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why does gtav save so many separate files and backups? i've got like 300 mbs of saves through the first heist and all my other games are like 20 mb

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Here's a few minutes of my hour of holding out and calling the police during the Trevor/Michael exile in a blocked off parking structure in Los Santos. There's like 40 or 50 SUVs out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5a4n7heILg#t=275

Don't bother watching the thing since it's mostly me trying to maintain or curate an equilibrium. I saw a picture of it in this thread back in its PS3/360 days and figured I'll try to recreate it here. I think the same post mentioned that this amount of SUVs would easily crash the PS3/360.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SwissCM posted:

It didn't have AA, actually. It had some really awful looking blur filter (not FXAA or whatever, it literally just blurred everything).

I believe it got proper AA to replace the lovely filter in one of the late patches, which broke ENB and resulted in a Boris meltdown.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This is why your father doesn't respect you Jimmy, you just sit there like a lazy slob and take it instead of doing something about it
They game wouldn't let me shoot him :(

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Knowing Jimmy he just figures you HAVE to be talking to people on the other side of him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So I should be able to find this using google.

I am terrible at shooters, so eventually in all GTA games I get to the point where my skill level just doesn't match the game, and I end up stopping play. I know cheating disables achievements, but does it also disable saving in this game?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Medullah posted:

So I should be able to find this using google.

I am terrible at shooters, so eventually in all GTA games I get to the point where my skill level just doesn't match the game, and I end up stopping play. I know cheating disables achievements, but does it also disable saving in this game?

Just use the assisted aim, it'll basically lock on to an enemy every time you pull the left trigger. It makes just about every shootout in the game pretty easy.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Medullah posted:

Just use full or partial assisted aim. You hold the aim button and it zips right to the chest of the closest guy you're aiming at and you pull the trigger.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Obsurveyor posted:

Just use full or partial assisted aim. You hold the aim button and it zips right to the chest of the closest guy you're aiming at and you pull the trigger.

Does that work with driving and shooting too? That's usually where I end up losing it. :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Medullah posted:

Does that work with driving and shooting too? That's usually where I end up losing it. :(

No but I wish it did. :( However, any time you need to shoot and drive in single player, you typically have one of your other guys there so you just switch characters(something I always forget to do) and concentrate on shooting. Grenades and sticky bombs help a lot once those are unlocked.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I blew him up once by throwing a grenade into the kitchen. The maid was collateral damage. Not as satisfying as being able to pistol whip him, though. :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I blew him up once by throwing a grenade into the kitchen. The maid was collateral damage. Not as satisfying as being able to pistol whip him, though. :(

One time after switching to Michael, I got the sequence where he drops Jimmy off at the pawn shop for something and Jimmy says something really douchey. I was so pissed that I ran him down with the car, got out, and popped him execution-style in the back of the head with my 9mm right in the middle of the street.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Goony question, but did GTAV always have boob physics, or is that something that Rockstar took the time to implement for the next gen versions? I always thought the character models were fairly static.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

DrNutt posted:

Goony question, but did GTAV always have boob physics, or is that something that Rockstar took the time to implement for the next gen versions? I always thought the character models were fairly static.

They were always there. poo poo, San Andreas had boob jiggle on pedestrians. Vice City probably did as well, but it's been forever since I played that.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
e;f,b

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

chitoryu12 posted:

One time after switching to Michael, I got the sequence where he drops Jimmy off at the pawn shop for something and Jimmy says something really douchey. I was so pissed that I ran him down with the car, got out, and popped him execution-style in the back of the head with my 9mm right in the middle of the street.

Man, why does everyone hate on Jimmy? It's like hating Claptrap. He's a perfectly written annoying douche. (And Danny Tamborelli is such a great fit for this, holy drat.)

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I think it's same way people hate AJ Soprano. He's fun to hate but a good character for the show/game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm pretty sure they want people to like Claptrap. Jimmy and the rest of Michael's family is just there daring you to like them for barely any other reason than "they're your family".

I like Jimmy as a GTA side char, but he's a piece of poo poo and I'm not shocked at all that the aggressive selling of him as the Ur American teen/internet troll makes people want to kill him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dewgy posted:

Man, why does everyone hate on Jimmy? It's like hating Claptrap. He's a perfectly written annoying douche. (And Danny Tamborelli is such a great fit for this, holy drat.)

I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was so mean that I couldn't think of any better response.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Obsurveyor posted:

No but I wish it did. :( However, any time you need to shoot and drive in single player, you typically have one of your other guys there so you just switch characters(something I always forget to do) and concentrate on shooting. Grenades and sticky bombs help a lot once those are unlocked.

There might be only 1 or 2 times you need to drive and shoot. I cant really think of any.

If someone is chasing you, stop the car, get out, murder them, and drive off. It works on almost every mission.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Lifeinvader glitch no longer working at all for me on any character. I actually lost 7 million on Mike when I tested it sheet it wouldn't work for Trevor.

So Mike and Franklin are sitting in the billions but poor Trevor is at like 103k.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The thing that horrified me most about Jimmy was the ride back from one of the last times he gets kidnapped and he's trying to explain why a 4Chan style assault on some guys deformed newborn was just trolling for laughs. At least give me the option to make him walk home.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The thing that horrified me most about Jimmy was the ride back from one of the last times he gets kidnapped and he's trying to explain why a 4Chan style assault on some guys deformed newborn was just trolling for laughs. At least give me the option to make him walk home.

"And then I told him, my balls are prettier than that baby! Then I sent him a picture of my balls!"

Jimmy's basically the best character that isn't Michael, Franklin, or Trevor.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Jimmy is Rockstars commentary on their audience and it's hilarious

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have yet to hear "Hood Gone Love It" so far and that's incredibly hosed up

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

echronorian posted:

Jimmy is Rockstars commentary on their audience and it's hilarious

I was actually fairly butthurt after waiting 3 years looking forward to the release from the logo reveal on, bringing the game home from a grueling midnight release, sitting through the install, smoking a giant cathartic bowl and then being met with a super obvious dev self insert where a character says people sitting around playing videogames smoking pot all day is why everything sucks.

Thanks Houser. Enjoy my 60+ dollars.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Really Rockstar's critique of the modern day is their worst satire yet in the GTA games. I'm fairly certain it's the first one to tackle a satirical look at the era it came out in instead of the previous one and as it turns out, they're really bad at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

I'm fairly certain it's the first one to tackle a satirical look at the era it came out in instead of the previous one and as it turns out, they're really bad at it.

GTAIV was set in the present day.

• Locked thread