Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

12 rounds fired. Jesus christ.

That's pathetic and reckless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

The Rokstar posted:

How/why in the gently caress is this guy still going on.

Maybe he's hoping you'll forget the no indictment thrown in the middle, given all the evidence he presented afterwards showing how guilty he was.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
masks on baby

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Popete posted:

No matter what happened in the car the fact that Brown was running away should be enough to indict Wilson for murder. It's a defenseless kid who at that point he KNEW was unarmed.
You'd think common sense would trump all but sadly no.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
12 rounds, seems reasonable.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Caros posted:

Most witnesses agreed, that Wilson shot an unarmed teenager at a significant distance.
Doesn't matter how it started. If that's how it ended, then Wilson should've been indicted. This is a travesty, given the story he's told.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Mike Brown was Quantum Man, and was running, charging and standing still at the same time with his hands up and also balled into fists.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Radically unsurprised.

My entire workplace is now calling for protesters to be gunned down in the street.

Pattycakes
May 12, 2014

WHO WANTS A PATTYCAKE!?!
In other news, witnesses saw a lot of different things. It gets at dark. The sky is blue during the day.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
More important question how did he steal the blunt wraps? That stuff is generally behind the counter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

drat, tiny blonde woman nearly took on all the cops herself.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Seems like a lot of conflicting evidence, if only we had some way to figure out what happened, perhaps with people under oath and a judge.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

BossTweed posted:

Is he just invalidate all the witness testimonies right now?

Only the ones that were inconsistent with physical evidence.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Are people surprised they didn't indict if, in fact, most 'witnesses' just repeated what they had heard happened, not actually seen it?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rokstar posted:

How/why in the gently caress is this guy still going on.

he's going through all of the evidence

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Radically unsurprised.

My entire workplace is now calling for protesters to be gunned down in the street.
Do you have any tear gas to use on them?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tzen posted:

You'd think common sense would trump all but sadly no.

The Strong Racist Force trumps the Weak Common Sense Force.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

So the Klan spends all their time trying to get black people to get into cars, and failing. They do this in broad daylight, wasting their time in a highly visible manner.

You are a crazy person.

I like how you keep extending this to "all the time" like there's literally a line of Klan vehicles waiting to pick up black people at every intersection as opposed to a couple of good ol boys goin out and looking to have fun when there's a bunch of new, inexperienced black folks in town.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Xandu posted:

Granted, I'm not sure presenting all the evidence is bad, but it clearly can create some confusion.

This is exactly why an actual, legitimate trial was needed: to allow people to scrutinize the case and hear the evidence for themselves, rather than being assured by an authority figure that they totally went through all the evidence, trust us on this one, etc.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

this press conference is a loving dumpster fire

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Just The Facts posted:

Well this finding will completely justify the property damage and assaults tonight.

It won't, and the police who commit these acts should be prosecuted.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Narciss posted:

There won't be any riots, don't worry. A few days ago D&D told me I was stupid and racist for expecting riots.

That was before this fucker got on national TV.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Booourns posted:

Link to those posts? Hahaha, like you even need to back up anything you say in D&D

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so this overabundance of caution is really a backhanded insult to ferguson's protesters, right? shutting down the schools?

Everyday Lurker posted:

That's an artifact of the very real fear of slave revolts and uprisings, later refined into narratives about blacks rising up and killing whites in revenge for being treated like poo poo throughout America's history. That's always in the back of their mind and, to be honest, pretty much a curse of being a straight white racist.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

*Long pause while what remained of my human soul evaporates*

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Just The Facts posted:

Are people surprised they didn't indict if, in fact, most 'witnesses' just repeated what they had heard happened, not actually seen it?

For people not a cop it would be an indictment.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Nefarious posted:

It's not that when the police do it though

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wonder if there were any eyewitnesses to the murder of McCulloch's father.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
He's wrapping up :)

Vermain posted:

This is exactly why an actual, legitimate trial was needed: to allow people to scrutinize the case and hear the evidence for themselves, rather than being assured by an authority figure that they totally went through all the evidence, trust us on this one, etc.

Well they did present it to the grand jury, so I wouldn't say the latter happened.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"He shot him, then he shot him some more."

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Von Sloneker posted:

"when he stopped moving toward him" otherwise known as running away.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Haha he's basically trolling all the protestors now actually calling them out.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Nefarious posted:

Let's hope so, I was being 100% sarcastic.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am actually surprised they have come out and said the officer was suspicious of Brown after hearing on the radio (while helping other citizens)about a robbery of swisher sweets.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stanos posted:

Seems like a lot of conflicting evidence, if only we had some way to figure out what happened, perhaps with people under oath and a judge.

I didn't hear much conflicting evidence, personally

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
hahaha "this may cause disappointment"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

"The full evidence will be released once this statement is over." So this guy is going to talk forever so the evidence is never released. :v:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Haha holy poo poo, I actually didn't know the full details, and this dude's explanation has made it 100% clear that no indictment is the dumbest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
The family wishes for no volaince, i don't want a bunch of assholes breaking poo poo in some warp scene of justice.

• Locked thread