Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He forgot Meta Knight is a black Kirby, and there's black Yoshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

greatn posted:

He also forgot

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I made a custom shulk that charges forward smash faster and it does 96% damage. I love tinkering around with the character customization.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

greatn posted:

Excuse me Meta Knight is blue thank you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For those of you hungry for a "goon" tournament, I have created a thread to start one in the Imp Zone: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683689

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

For those of you hungry for a "goon" tournament, I have created a thread to start one in the Imp Zone: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683689

Endorsing the poo poo out of this, the last Imp Zone tournament was really fun and went pretty well, everyone should sign up and bookmark this thread

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I wonder how many kids are going to be pissed that some level 50 amiibos are virtually loving impossible to kill. You can't stop them from leveling up and having superhuman Mario hand your rear end to you over and over is going to really frustrate little Susie. Thanks for getting me a Mario trophy for Christmas, mom, now he owns my game and I can't kill him.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I thought the point of Amiibos was that kids were supposed to make their Amiibos fight each other, like those old Digimon virtual pets.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
But you can also fight with them and against them. I thought it was going to be like a 2v2 kind of thing, there were commercials to that effect where four kids brought all their amiibos and had a big 8-player battle.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

greatn posted:

You both forgot about Mr. Game and Watch. :cmon:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Despite my earlier whining about my Samus amiibo, I ended up getting drunk, buying a Mario one, and ordering a Link through Amazon. :sigh:

The thing is, Samus must have garbage AI or something, because my Mario is now in the low 40s and I cannot beat him. I can't hardly touch him. It's mind blowing. He spot dodges every attack I throw at him and then hits me with a combo for like 60 damage. :psyduck:

Did you use Mario to train Mario?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

AdmiralViscen posted:

Did you use Mario to train Mario?

I rotated through Yoshi, Ness, and Toon Link for both Samus and Mario.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RyokoTK posted:

I rotated through Yoshi, Ness, and Toon Link for both Samus and Mario.

They learn through the inputs you make, inputs for a good Yoshi combo might mean Samus acting dumb using moves that have no flow with each other.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The conquest for this week is "bunch of jokers" and it's Bowser, Shulk, and Mac...

uh, what?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

PantsBandit posted:

The conquest for this week is "bunch of jokers" and it's Bowser, Shulk, and Mac...

uh, what?

Now it's Reyn Time.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is the OP ever gonna be updated again to include all the new NNIDs people have posted since the last time it was updated?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mabels big day posted:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Endorsing the poo poo out of this, the last Imp Zone tournament was really fun and went pretty well, everyone should sign up and bookmark this thread

I'd be down with this, but the IKs in Imp Zone don't take kindly to me posting there. Is there any way I can get in on this action without eating a 6-hour probation for every post I make there? Or failing that, without posting in Imp Zone at all?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So I tried the CD farming trick of training my Link into collecting master balls immediately. He does that very well now. He just doesn't pick up the CDs when Mew shows up, and he's obsessed with doing up + B attacks for some reason. Otherwise this is a pretty good way to farm CDs.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'd be down with this, but the IKs in Imp Zone don't take kindly to me posting there. Is there any way I can get in on this action without eating a 6-hour probation for every post I make there? Or failing that, without posting in Imp Zone at all?

no

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I have a dream that every man and woman can smash to their heart's content

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

If you can't post, you can't play.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You should have thought of that before getting banished from the imp zone

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

:10bux:

How do you get banished from imp zope anyway?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So apparently a Fox amiibo took third place at a recent Smash tournament http://kotaku.com/amiibo-nearly-wins-smash-bros-tournament-1662901112

Hi I was at this tournament and got second. Admittedly, it was just a very small local of only 10 people and the Amiibo actually ended up getting 4th. It was double eliminated by the guy who ended up winning the tournament. Here was the bracket http://canadianjoysticks.challonge.com/VSBWeekly_Smash4U_141123

The Amiibo was actually super scary to fight. It was a lot like fighting the AI in Street Fighter 2 where it'll just read your inputs and also sometimes it decides to just power-shield everything into Up-Smash.

Here's the stream archive, by the way: http://www.twitch.tv/canadianjoysticks/b/592201271

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kly posted:

:10bux:

How do you get banished from imp zope anyway?

A bunch of mods posted:

being Dr. Gitmo Moneyson

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
somebody please teach me to play zelda.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Use all of her moves, none of them are bad. Bye

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Supercar Gautier posted:

Use all of her moves, none of them are bad. Bye

cool thanks

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Uhh, which one of you has NNID UnderseaMagic?

The list of NNIDs in the OP hasn't been updated in a while, and I'm trying to figure out who sent me this friend request.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Remember, my NNID Oblivion so add me if you want to play a try hard Olimar and Ness, feel free.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Was this posted here yet? Some dude "trained" three Yoshi Amiibos different ways and observed the results:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2n4z7w/i_just_finished_a_small_amiibo_test_with_3_yoshis/

RyokoTK posted:

I wonder how many kids are going to be pissed that some level 50 amiibos are virtually loving impossible to kill. You can't stop them from leveling up and having superhuman Mario hand your rear end to you over and over is going to really frustrate little Susie. Thanks for getting me a Mario trophy for Christmas, mom, now he owns my game and I can't kill him.
I'll tell you in a few weeks after Christmas :ohdear:

I haven't had too much trouble when playing my nephew, but I suck at Smash and my Kirby at level 20 something is already starting to become a challenge for me. Course I imagine he'll just use it to team up with...I just wish you could use them in more places than seemingly just smash mode (afaik). I suck, I want some help from my $13 toy :argh:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Apparently I thought Amiibos were nothing impressive. Does anyone have a good read-up handy on the lil dudes?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

It's... it's beautiful

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Master Core is such a terribly designed final boss, what a piece of poo poo.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Hey everyone, I got Wario so we can collectively breath a sigh of relief. I played one round of Smash and he appeared. I must have hallucinated playing more Smash than I imagined the other night.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Caved and bought the game, release is on Friday.

Won't buy toys though, I'm 30 for gently caress sakes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bluegoon posted:

Caved and bought the game, release is on Friday.

Won't buy toys though, I'm 30 for gently caress sakes.

video games are toys

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Macaluso posted:

video games are toys

You're a toy.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Shut up about your plastic toys for kids, I'm trying to play this videogame where Yoshi punches PacMan off the edge of a spaceship so that I can unlock Duck Hunt, I don't have time for kiddy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

bluegoon posted:

You're a toy.

You are a sad, strange little man.

• Locked thread