Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah, Mark is still in full effect. Rumor mill has Cain showing back up this year so it's probably not being thrown out.

I think the car work is Dean trying his hardest to be in denial about the Mark, his "deanmon" adventures, and proving he is completely and utterly human and not in any way changed by his experiences and he loves that car and he will wash and wax it and do everything to it he can because no one puts baby in a corner and HE IS PERFECTLY FINE WHAT THE HELL WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS SAM JESUS I SAID I WAS FINE

It's going to be a weird, kinda hosed up, kinda amazing season if they can pull this off. You have Dean and all his psychosis that's brimming and simmering under a very thin candy shell of denial, you have a mysterious witch lady who impales people on the roof, you have a newbie hunter who thinks Dean is still a demon and wants to kill him, and you have the plethora of hunters out there who still hate Dean and Sam for the whole apocalypse thing a few seasons back with the complete lack of a intel network thanks to Garth goin' doggy style.

That's not even covering the Cas angle of "Boy, I'm kinda hosed" and all the angels in heaven being kinda autistic weirdos who are basically the second or third most powerful things in existence at the moment.

It's gonna rock :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

It seems like every other day or so they should be shooting Dean up with human blood just to be safe.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Mark of Cain Dean was still very murder happy and hyper aggressive even before becoming a demon.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I was wondering why one of the actresses in the clue episode looked so familiar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCJ5BNKdWbo

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Was her name Shae? If so, that's a pretty funny coincidence.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
My name is Inigo Montoya....

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
What's the name that Crowley says right before the episode ends?

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Can of Cloud posted:

What's the name that Crowley says right before the episode ends?

"Mother?"

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That's an interesting turn of events.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Shroomie posted:

"Mother?"

She created the binding spell that kills demons, I wonder what its original intent was.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ehh still having a lot of trouble believing Cole is a badass SF dude.

I actually liked the Castiel/Hannah part the best this episode. The show kind of glosses over the amount of damage that is done just incidentally by even the good characters to otherwise complete innocent bystanders and I wonder if they'll examine that some more.

Wondering what Cas is gonna do now, now that he's thinking about that stuff.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Disappointed that they resolved the Cole situation so quickly. With that and the Dean as a demon thing only lasting a few episodes it's hard to think that the Rowena thing is also going to stick around or that the season itself even really had much focus.

Ravane posted:

She created the binding spell that kills demons, I wonder what its original intent was.

Maybe she wanted to kill her son, or maybe she was in the same situation Sam was earlier in the season? It would be nice to have Dean relapse so that they can get something out of comparing the two relationships.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

priznat posted:

I actually liked the Castiel/Hannah part the best this episode. The show kind of glosses over the amount of damage that is done just incidentally by even the good characters to otherwise complete innocent bystanders and I wonder if they'll examine that some more.

Unless they start retconning, I don't think bugging out is an option for Cas. Didn't he say in that episode where demons went after Jimmy's family, and he was temporarily in Jimmy's kid, that if he posessed him again, it would be for good?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Proposition Joe posted:

Disappointed that they resolved the Cole situation so quickly.

I'm really not; I thought the actor was pretty bad in the first place, and I think he will come back. Dean said that he knew Cole's dad was a monster and eating livers, but that he had no idea what kind of monster that could be. I'm quite sure that Dean will get call in some episode about Cole eating livers or worrying about turning into dear old dad.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Rowena was going to kill Crowley. She didn't even recognize him. Betting she left when he was a wee lad after teaching him witchcraft.

Cole, I'm guessing, is going to be back. Remember he tortured and probably exorcised a demon, and he has a family. Demons aren't going to let that go. Remember when Jimmy went home and there was a demon in his neighbor for god knows how long. Cole is probably going to be asking for the boys help when all hell breaks loose for his family. That or the "Cole is actually a monster and doesn't know it" angle.

I don't think Jimmy is in Cas anymore (at least not since the Leviathan kinda dissolved him into goo and apparently Chuck reassembled him), but I think he recognizes what he put his family through. What's weird is that he basically told them what was happening and left, and they went into hiding. They knew they'd always be targets since the demons didn't know what made a vessel worthy of an angel.

The only thing I didn't like much was how Rowena didn't come across as an immortal witch, she was kinda bumbling. Didn't really seem to strike me as an evil villain that they mentioned in the earlier interviews. More along the lines of a vaguely evil Mary Poppins.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't think Rowena was going to kill Crowley. She didn't even recognize him. Betting she left when he was a wee lad after teaching him witchcraft.

Of course she didn't recognise him, that isn't his body. His original body is a bag of bones somewhere safe. IIRC, Crowley originally sold his soul for a bigger dick. Then when his 10 years were up he died, was buried, went to hell, and eventually became a demon himself. Sometime after that he acquired his current meatsuit.

His son knew where he was buried, so it is possible that his mother did too. From his body a powerful witch could easily have worked out that he was killed by hellhounds, giving her a legit grudge against demons.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it's his same body or one altered to match. His kid recognized him when he got raised as a ghost, and again when he got lobbed through time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think it's his same body or one altered to match. His kid recognized him when he got raised as a ghost, and again when he got lobbed through time.

His bones aren't in that body, so it couldn't just be the original resurrected. It could be a copy, but how would "head crossroads demon" have that kind of juice? Being able to alter their appearance isn't a common demon power, nor one that Crowley has ever manifested.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they can manifest an oil field in a place that has no place where oil should be, then copying or altering appearances would be pretty much on the table as far as options go. He did get 2 demons to pass as Sam and Dean when he kidnapped Kevin.

I don't think those were his bones though. Seemed like part of a long con with Cas during that whole "souls from purgatory" thing they were trying to do.

I'm still thinking his mom taught him as a kid, and was probably chased out of town or left when he was a young boy/teen, or he took off. Other than the fact he couldn't really stand his son and his mom was a witch, we don't know much about the life of young Fergus. Hell, she might have even left him a grimoire to use. We know his mom is a witch anyway, so it's not like using glamours is outside of the witchy set of abilities.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 27, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Angela Christine posted:

Of course she didn't recognise him, that isn't his body. His original body is a bag of bones somewhere safe. IIRC, Crowley originally sold his soul for a bigger dick. Then when his 10 years were up he died, was buried, went to hell, and eventually became a demon himself. Sometime after that he acquired his current meatsuit.

His son knew where he was buried, so it is possible that his mother did too. From his body a powerful witch could easily have worked out that he was killed by hellhounds, giving her a legit grudge against demons.

She would have been one of those old crones to be burned at the stake. Goody Crowley.

They tried over 6000 witches in Scotland over about 80 years.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

No, I'm pretty sure his kid said something to the effect of not recognizing him or Crowley not looking like his dead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Someone who can cast "polymorph self" doesn't need to sell his soul to get a bigger dick.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

priznat posted:

This is the most regard the show's given for the fate of a demon or angel's vessel in like 5 seasons.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Emy posted:

This is the most regard the show's given for the fate of a demon or angel's vessel in like 5 seasons.

Yeah the one thing that always kind of bugged me about the show, is the utter disregard for the "little people". Man if you're not one of the primary characters life is nasty, brutal and short.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don't really understand why this show is still going and it kind of makes me sad.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Seams posted:

I don't really understand why this show is still going and it kind of makes me sad.

Because it owns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

computer parts posted:

Because it owns.

:agreed:

Still really entertaining TV week to week.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

computer parts posted:

Because it owns.

Seriously. It's not half as "good" as a lot of the stuff I'm usually watching, but I still end up looking forward to it every week because it's consistently entertaining. The fact that it's as good as it is after ten seasons is kind of amazing. The fact that everyone involved still seems to be enjoying doing it is kind of refreshing too, since with most genre shows it's obvious the whole cast is phoning it in by the time you hit a fifth or sixth season.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

computer parts posted:

Because it owns.

Yes. I hope it outlasts Gunsmoke.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That would be a great idea for another meta/comedy episode - Sam and Dean in their 50s still hunting, and saying stuff like "tulpas AGAIN??"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

priznat posted:

That would be a great idea for another meta/comedy episode - Sam and Dean in their 50s still hunting, and saying stuff like "tulpas AGAIN??"

YES. I need Supernatural Lethal Weapon in my life.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

McSpanky posted:

YES. I need Supernatural Lethal Weapon in my life.

Sam gets possessed by the ghost of a disgruntled old black cop, days from retirement; hijinks ensue.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Proposition Joe posted:

Dean as a demon thing only lasting a few episodes

When has anything major involving Sam and/or Dean lasted more that a few episodes? I fully expected Dean waking up with black eyes to be resolved in the premier.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ultramiraculous posted:

When has anything major involving Sam and/or Dean lasted more that a few episodes? I fully expected Dean waking up with black eyes to be resolved in the premier.

The soulless thing took a little bit longer but that was eventually hand waved with Cas spending some time in a mental ward.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ultramiraculous posted:

Dean selling his soul to save Sam and them trying to get out of that was the entire metaplot of season 3.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

McSpanky posted:

Dean selling his soul to save Sam and them trying to get out of that was the entire metaplot of season 3.

And of course, the end result of how they fixed that was "They don't, Dean dies and goes to hell".

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Boogaleeboo posted:

And of course, the end result of how they fixed that was "They don't, Dean dies and goes to hell".

And then wasn't that where Alastair broke Dean, which was the first step and direct cause of the Apocalypse? It all fit together pretty tightly in the first 5 seasons.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

XboxPants posted:

And then wasn't that where Alastair broke Dean, which was the first step and direct cause of the Apocalypse? It all fit together pretty tightly in the first 5 seasons.

You know, I think they made a mistake by making Crowley king of hell (or at least, having him keep that position for such a long drat time). Hell and demons in general have just lost any semblance of danger because Crowley is king (and therefore has to be the strongest), but is next to an ally to the Winchesters.

Crowley is cool and all, but he's made demons suck.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I do kinda wish they'd be more consistent about an overarching plot but the last time they did that everyone bitched at them (Leviathans) so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Shakugan posted:

You know, I think they made a mistake by making Crowley king of hell (or at least, having him keep that position for such a long drat time). Hell and demons in general have just lost any semblance of danger because Crowley is king (and therefore has to be the strongest), but is next to an ally to the Winchesters.

Crowley is cool and all, but he's made demons suck.

If having Mark Sheppard in the cast for 5 years is wrong, I don't ever want to be right.