Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Agreed, very strong episode. Best of the season?

No def not

First couple episodes were crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

euphronius posted:

No def not

First couple episodes were crazy.

Hour long assault on Grady Hospital is gonna be the best.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Based on the sneak peek they showed during Talking Dead and an interview the actor gave I'm assuming that Gabriel has gone to the school to see if the Termites really were eating people and deserved their fate. The crack in the glass finally comes into play and the school walkers break free, and follow him back to the church. Morgan may show up then? It can't be a coincidence that he knows both Carl and Michonne and they happen to be there.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Isn't Morgan still a month or two behind the group from when his appearance was?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

freeranger posted:

Isn't Morgan still a month or two behind the group from when his appearance was?
I don't think there was any indication of how far behind he was. Regardless, I very much doubt that we won't see him again during this half-season, and I'm sure he'll join the group before they leave the church, which I expect will be right after the end of the Grady Hospital arc.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hexel posted:

Hour long assault on Grady Hospital is gonna be the best.

Rick is going to completely lose it.

(Again.)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They're totally setting up a showdown between Lerner where Lerner is at Rick's mercy and Lerner makes some big showy speech about he is an officer of the law and would do the same thing to keep order and she was doing what she had to do. Then Rick will say otherwise and shoot her in the face.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Lycus posted:

I don't think there was any indication of how far behind he was. Regardless, I very much doubt that we won't see him again during this half-season, and I'm sure he'll join the group before they leave the church, which I expect will be right after the end of the Grady Hospital arc.

based on fan spergery people are saying that he is at least months behind based on the growth of the shrubbery and vines around the terminus NO SANCTUARY signs:

That could very well be intentional, or that it took them that drat long to come back with Morgan's actor and shoot that scene and they just dgaf about continuity.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I liked the episode but the end was near andrea levels of idiocy. How do you get that far in this world without realizing when somebody is trying to get the jump on you?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'd kind of love it if New Bob wasn't actually running back to Dawn but instead saw that both groups are crazy and just books it out of there. And then runs into Gabriel and they become woodsbros.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

GrAviTy84 posted:

based on fan spergery people are saying that he is at least months behind based on the growth of the shrubbery and vines around the terminus NO SANCTUARY signs:

That could very well be intentional, or that it took them that drat long to come back with Morgan's actor and shoot that scene and they just dgaf about continuity.

Gotta love that fan spergery.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I read people saying there were 'months' of vines and poo poo on the sign, but Jesus that's about a week's growth do you even go outside?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lycus posted:

Well, whether or not he was the only rapist, the wards are still slaves.

Well yeah, but it seemed like they kind of tried to walk things back this episode, at least with the rape. Maybe that's just me though.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
He could be a week behind them with how fast vines grow and no more Termites to do sign maintenance or whatever.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Maybe it's Kudzu? That's like a couple hours of growth right?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Lycus posted:

Gotta love that fan spergery.

That's not fan spergery - it's in the loving show. Can you not see the pictures? lol

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

According to Dale the virus slows the growth of plants so it's hard to tell how much time has passed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

ZombieParts posted:

That's not fan spergery - it's in the loving show. Can you not see the pictures? lol

In the loving show > sometime later. Whenever.
Fan spergery > it must be several months, because this is how long this plant takes to grow X feet!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand the hospital logic at all. Why do they run people over before taking them in?
"We saved you, now you owe us!" What could they possibly give back that would make up for the irreplaceable resources it takes to save their lives? "We saved you now you have to work for us or else..." If you're going to go "you work for us or else" you can skip the "we saved you" part altogether, they're slaves either way. "Saving" their lives obviously isn't making the women any more willing to have the pigs run a train on then.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I guess they're going with the idea that slavery with the illusion of freedom (a la debt slavery) is more effective at preventing thoughts of revolt than being overt about it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

I guess they're going with the idea that slavery with the illusion of freedom (a la debt slavery) is more effective at preventing thoughts of revolt than being overt about it.

Even if they were right, and they obviously aren't, that would still leave the issue that they're wasting the last medicine in the world treating people for injuries that they themselves created and I'd imagine that most of the time those people would still die. What's the us of a a slave with, at the very minimum, multiple leg fractures? What happens when Sgt McRape gets wounded and the last vial of whatever was spent on that lady that died last week?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

During the Bethisode i was thinking that they were going to reveal that they actually tranq people while they're distracted by walkers or something and give them some superficial injuries while they're knocked out, but nah they hit people with cars.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

MeLKoR posted:

I don't understand the hospital logic at all. Why do they run people over before taking them in?
"We saved you, now you owe us!" What could they possibly give back that would make up for the irreplaceable resources it takes to save their lives? "We saved you now you have to work for us or else..." If you're going to go "you work for us or else" you can skip the "we saved you" part altogether, they're slaves either way. "Saving" their lives obviously isn't making the women any more willing to have the pigs run a train on then.

Cops are dumb.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I liked the episode but the end was near andrea levels of idiocy. How do you get that far in this world without realizing when somebody is trying to get the jump on you?

Yeah, my respect for Sasha plummeted this episode. I used to like her, but she just became another Andrea.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Man, I shouldn't have brought up the months thing...although I did also read that it was mentioned in Talking Dead by the producer or whoever was on there. I watched that Talking Dead and didn't catch it so :shrug:

Edit: Taken from the Walking Dead wiki, so yeah weeks not months (still not confirmed)

quote:

Weeks after Rick's escape from Terminus, a masked stranger marches down the railroad tracks. He stops to see the Terminus sign Rick modified, and hangs his head. The sign is a little more overgrown than when we saw Rick change it, implying that some time, a few weeks maybe, has passed. The stranger removes his mask. It's Morgan. He starts to follow a series of markings on trees - a circle with an X inside - to an unknown destination. It is unknown who it was that left the signs.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 25, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, my respect for Sasha plummeted this episode. I used to like her, but she just became another Andrea.

It was bad, but it was still not close to Andrea-level bad unless she continues to fall for Other Bob's tricks all season.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TOOT BOOT posted:

So what's the consensus on Abe being a wifebeater now? Because he looked like he was about to beat the poo poo out of Rosita until Maggie pulled a gun on him. I don't think the show really intended it but I definitely see where people get the idea from now after that.

Why yes, the man just had his life destroyed again and after beating the poo poo out of a GUY he's left with women pestering him, so sure, he must be a wife beater because he was aggressive to a couple women pestering him...

Jesus loving christ people can be stupid.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Why yes, the man just had his life destroyed again and after beating the poo poo out of a GUY he's left with women pestering him, so sure, he must be a wife beater because he was aggressive to a couple women pestering him...

Calm down brah.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

You should strongly consider taking a chill pill.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Ugh. It was so predictable. I just tried to kill you and your friends, but ignore that and turn your back to me and help me do something.
loving stupid

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ms Andry posted:

Ugh. It was so predictable. I just tried to kill you and your friends, but ignore that and turn your back to me and help me do something.
loving stupid

Yeah, that was beyond loving dumb.

If she had said "Well, on our way out we'll take care of it" that's one thing. But holy gently caress what an idiot.

I can't even be angry with the prisoner. He did absolutely the right thing in that situation, if you have a hostage taker that's that stupid. I seriously hope they don't try to make him into a villain because he shoulder checked a stranger who was shooting at him less than an hour prior and was stupid enough to give him a way to escape.

poo poo, if that was Rick he'd probably been slamming his knee into her throat repeatedly after. She got off easy.

bobkatt013 posted:

That does not mean anything as they have killed characters that are alive in the comic and vice versa.

The thing that's bit me in the rear end is I read up about comic characters that died in the show, not realizing Walking Dead is like some sci-fi time travel: If you change events, they kind of end up happening anyway. So if you read the fate of one character, currently it feels like another character will merely end up in the exact same situation instead.

So comic spoilers are actually kind of a bitch now. I think it's the fact the show and comic are kind of "resyncing."

GrAviTy84 posted:

Not everything is about how they can contribute. People's intrinsic worth isn't based on their skill sets. That's kind of what they were getting at with rescuing the children and old people at Woodbury. Character driven drama and all those :words:

The problem is the way the actor is playing him, I wouldn't let him in my group.

He seems twitchy and going from panic to panic, constantly judging things while being too conflicted to make a stand. Granted, that makes for an interesting character, but I think they are going for "deep reevaluation of the last few years" and are getting "Priest that had a huge stockpile of drugs and he's just run out."

The term "shifty" gets thrown out a lot but.. that dude is loving shifty. Given his history I'd totally expect him to run off with the group's vehicle or to pull a Shane on somebody. "I didn't kill anyone! I just tripped him, the zombies killed him!"

I can't really say though. Maybe they ARE going for that but it seems like the script, and the actor's version, are wildly different. Then again he was trapped in a church for years all alone so..

RBA Starblade posted:

Well yeah, but it seemed like they kind of tried to walk things back this episode, at least with the rape. Maybe that's just me though.

I think the rape thing was just one or two officers.

The bigger point being that the officers can do whatever the gently caress they want, and they won't be stopped. Hence the complaining about how one of them apparently charges and uses a GODDAMN DVD PLAYER, while saying there's not enough power for life support. So I think the rape was just one big example, and the main rapist is dead. The rest of them are hosed up in their own ways.

For what it's worth, I do kind of like the Grady Hospital place. It totally feels like yet another town that would work in Fallout, and they are always amusing.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 25, 2014

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SocketWrench posted:

Why yes, the man just had his life destroyed again and after beating the poo poo out of a GUY he's left with women pestering him, so sure, he must be a wife beater because he was aggressive to a couple people pestering him...
TOOT BOOT's argument makes no sense.

Blazing Ownager posted:

For what it's worth, I do kind of like the Grady Hospital place. It totally feels like yet another town that would work in Fallout, and they are always amusing.
I don't. Maybe for the same reason - what works in Fallout doesn't necessarily work elsewhere.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

GrAviTy84 posted:

It's likely kudzu, dude. Kudzu can grow that quickly in a day.

e: beaten hours ago since I kept this window open but still, kudzu is like the fastest growing plant down here and is terrible.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Please don't watch this show unless you're familiar with the local plant life in Georgia. Thanks.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Why is everyone so obsessed with Morgan? He was just a crazy mother Fucker that barricaded himself in a town, murdering zombies. He's just about as interesting as every other character on this show that murders a zombie.

His character development is non existent, as he has been in like two episodes. he's too much of a Pussy to take down his wife, that fucks someone he loves, and then he goes crazy. I'm not seeing where all the excitement for Tyreese's replacement is coming from.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

To Vex a Stranger posted:

Why is everyone so obsessed with Morgan? He was just a crazy mother Fucker that barricaded himself in a town, murdering zombies. He's just about as interesting as every other character on this show that murders a zombie.

His character development is non existent, as he has been in like two episodes. he's too much of a Pussy to take down his wife, that fucks someone he loves, and then he goes crazy. I'm not seeing where all the excitement for Tyreese's replacement is coming from.

Because it's a desperate desire to see at least one character on the show that is cautious and shows some strategy whatsoever to his actions, crazy as the motherfucker might be.

If Morgan had been at the prison the attackers hit so many moats and ditches and traps they'd still be there.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Morgan is played by a better actor than just about everyone else on the show and good acting is fun.

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Nah. It was Tyreese's plan to be peaceful with these people, not Sasha.
She hasn't tried to sleep with him while he's blatantly intending to screw over her group, so still not Andrea.
Haven't seen her talk to someone for hours in the middle of a life or death situation either, though maybe that's what the mid-season finale's for.

She's still alright. Moment of derpness.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
People want to see Morgan again because he's literally the first living human other than Rick that we encounter post-apocalypse. Everybody loves a throwback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That actor was great on Jericho.

• Locked thread