Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Seems like an appropriate thing to ask a Canadian video game internet celebrity

Though the best question to ask a Canadian video game internet celebrity is, of course, "what's up with Canada having slightly different cereal?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Matt what are your thoughts on Ferguson's decision last night? I've been watching StreamZ since midnight.

I think they've said all they can on the racewar

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Grouchio posted:

Matt what are your thoughts on Ferguson's decision last night? I've been watching StreamZ since midnight.

jesus christ dude

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grouchio posted:

:captainpop:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Grouchio posted:

Did Ferguson Jenkins do something lately? He's known for being the first Canadian to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, it can't be that you're talking about something that isn't Canada related here.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Grouchio posted:

Did Jason Zimbler call a press conference or something? I doubt he still goes by Ferguson since Clarissa Explains It All ended, but he's the only one I can think of.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
What's this about Craig Ferguson?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
HEY! Since this is the super best friends play thread! Why not discuss this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8BGFmfBeY

My fiancee came up with the idea for this. <3

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Secondhand embarrassment.jpg

You and Pat wear scarfs rather well! But god I lost it at AVANT GAAAAAAAAAARDDE

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

WHERE'S MY WOOLIE IN HIS UNDERWEAR I NEED MY FIX

i mean

nice job

Pat not even trying to act was the funniest part of that to me, first time Liam walks out he reacts like he does when Woolie fucks up in Dark Souls. Also, Woolie killed that guy in self-defense, he was obviously commiting a fashion crime.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

TheRealestMatt posted:

That's a really fun video! "I died and gone to Italy" is now gonna be a thing I say if I ever see fashion. the poster is awesome. also haha great D4 reference.

DAT KAMINA GLASSES.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That was pretty dumb, i love it. Those shirts are pretty rad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love the stuff with the SBF crew just being goofballs. I mean duh no poo poo I love the videogame stuff too but I think stuff like that is what sets SBF and Giant Bomb and a very very small amount of other sources out to me from being just 'yea they're decent videogame folks' to 'I want to support these people because they're genuinely funny people who happen to focus on video games'.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

The only thing that could have made this better is if you somehow got a Sukey mannequin.

"There's also a Gurren Lagann poster too! drat!"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love the stuff with the SBF crew just being goofballs. I mean duh no poo poo I love the videogame stuff too but I think stuff like that is what sets SBF and Giant Bomb and a very very small amount of other sources out to me from being just 'yea they're decent videogame folks' to 'I want to support these people because they're genuinely funny people who happen to focus on video games'.

Same reason I'm always excited for the 25 second podcast videos :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pat's a fan of Atlus because of Persona I know that but has he ever said anything about the Etrian Odyssey series?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

RareAcumen posted:

Pat's a fan of Atlus because of Persona I know that but has he ever said anything about the Etrian Odyssey series?

As far as I know, he said he hates Etrian Odyssey multiple times because he tried one of the games once, and didn't like it.

Hopefully he'll enjoy talking a whole bunch about Etrian Odyssey next episode, since not only is Persona Q out, they announced two new Etrian Odyssey games, in addition to the one that comes out in a few days in Japan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everything I read about Persona Q is that it's really superficial in Persona 3+4 because both squads are before their big personal developments (about halfway through their respective games). Like, even the Arena games have character development.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Etrian odyssey games aren't about character development

e: and 100% of the story in the arena games is awful so idk why anyone would want more

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

straight jerkers posted:

Etrian odyssey games aren't about character development

e: and 100% of the story in the arena games is awful so idk why anyone would want more

the characters are 100% the reason anyone gives a poo poo about the Persona franchise

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Which is unfortunate because like more than half of the cast in both games people actually played suck.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

internet = broken

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

the characters are 100% the reason anyone gives a poo poo about the Persona franchise

Why would they play the games then? Watch the anime or whatever

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Arena games' stories are pretty cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That fashion video is the goofiest thing on the planet and it's amazing that you convinced Pat to dress like that :v:

Seriously thought that was good.

Tae posted:

Everything I read about Persona Q is that it's really superficial in Persona 3+4 because both squads are before their big personal developments (about halfway through their respective games). Like, even the Arena games have character development.

When the game was first announced they flat out said "this is not cannon" so why do you think it would advance character plotlines?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

I bought this stuff and i'm okay with it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When the game was first announced they flat out said "this is not cannon" so why do you think it would advance character plotlines?

Being not canon would let them actually do whatever they want instead of some dumb restriction that both games can only be halfway done when they meet, and they can't develop further. They took the concept of frozen in time and space too far to really be worth it from the Persona standpoint.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That fashion video is the goofiest thing on the planet and it's amazing that you convinced Pat to dress like that :v:

Seriously thought that was good.

It is canon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's canon and it being canon is why they can't insert some rando development in the middle of it, also it involves 2 games with entirely different themes and concepts behind their story, with the teams representing different things and generally requiring two different writing staffs if you want them to be mashed together.

Also it's a fuckin dungeon crawl game what did you expect?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No one is saying "we didn't expect that" they're saying "I already knew what this is and this is why I don't like it"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Persona Q confuses me - didn't you make Strange Journey already? I mean...dungeon crawler, MegaTen, hard as gently caress?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't get it. How can people be upset at a game with Shinjiro in it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not a fun game to play, first of all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Which is unfortunate because like more than half of the cast in both games people actually played suck.
Except the investigation team is entirely made up of good characters.

Those P3 schmucks are pretty awful generally but Arena does some alright (stupid) stuff with them like Akhiko and Chie throwing down over a beef bowl.

straight jerkers posted:

Both P4 anime are awful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Except the investigation team is entirely made up of good characters.

Rise and Yukiko both suck, Teddie stops being funny when he is always with the group, and Naoto is an exposition fairy. There are like three good characters in the Investigation Team and it took Arena to make Yosuke into a good one. The P3 cast has about as many good characters as well, but unfortunately one of them gets killed like a month after he joins the team.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked the characters so hey power to me I guess :v:

Picked the game up myself but been too busy with other games to start it though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

straight jerkers posted:

both animes exist as fanservice for people that played the game

and one of them has marie so it's not very good at that

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Re: the "What is Kirby" chat

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Dias posted:

Persona Q confuses me - didn't you make Strange Journey already? I mean...dungeon crawler, MegaTen, hard as gently caress?

Strange Journey was just an old as hell Megaten game. It wasn't literally Etrain Odyssey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Seshoho Cian posted:

Re: the "What is Kirby" chat

What is a friend?