Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
bummer

oh well, not like it's going to drain my lifes blood any faster than it already does whenever i donate blood.

in and out in 10mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We're finally giving the hashtag its own key. The HashKey is the world's first one-key USB keyboard - dedicated solely to the hashtag.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1000610379/hashkey-a-dedicated-1-key-keyboard-for-the-hashtag

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"we spent $10k on a model solution brushed aluminum prototype that we filmed to shovel injection molded plastic at you"

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

We're finally giving the hashtag its own key. The HashKey is the world's first one-key USB keyboard - dedicated solely to the hashtag.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1000610379/hashkey-a-dedicated-1-key-keyboard-for-the-hashtag

:stare:

This... this has to be a joke...

Please tell me this is a joke.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Migishu posted:

:stare:

This... this has to be a joke...

Please tell me this is a joke.

i guess in europe they don't have hash keys built in

yet again, america leading the way in technology... so makes sense we'd be on the forefront of hashtag techonology - gently caress - we invented the internet after all

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

"we spent $10k on a model solution brushed aluminum prototype that we filmed to shovel injection molded plastic at you"

works for investors, A+ would CNC again

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
german keyboards are impossible to use

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i seriously think i could make a killing as some rich guy's tech dude reskinning android and slapping it into one-off shells

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

german keyboards are impossible to use

i remember caps lock on german keyboards just locking shift on so you couldn't type numbers without the keypad

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sniep posted:

i guess in europe they don't have hash keys built in

yet again, america leading the way in technology... so makes sense we'd be on the forefront of hashtag techonology - gently caress - we invented the internet after all

the keyboard pictured is a british keyboard. most british keyboards already have a hash key, conveniently placed right next to enter, you don't even have to hold down shift to type a hash like you do on a us keyboard. but apple, being apple, use a non-standard layout with no hash key.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Soricidus posted:

the keyboard pictured is a british keyboard. most british keyboards already have a hash key, conveniently placed right next to enter, you don't even have to hold down shift to type a hash like you do on a us keyboard. but apple, being apple, use a non-standard layout with no hash key.

alt-3

dunno why they don't print a # on there next to £ like they do with both @ and € above the 2

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Soricidus posted:

this is true. i'm typing on a proper british keyboard right now. allow me to demonstrate how easy it is for me to hashtag:
####################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
don't lie to us limey you c/p'ed that didn't you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BobHoward posted:

don't lie to us limey you c/p'ed that didn't you

one time my girlfriend spilled her drink all over my laptop keyboard and i had to use the trackpad to highlight and copy/paste letters out of documents for stuff like urls and passwords because everything in the qwe/asd/zxc area was hosed

taht was a fun time

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

syscall girl posted:

one time my girlfriend spilled her drink all over my laptop keyboard and i had to use the trackpad to highlight and copy/paste letters out of documents for stuff like urls and passwords because everything in the qwe/asd/zxc area was hosed

taht was a fun time

this but i spilled the drink and had to gin up teh OSK cos only the letter m was affected and my login pwd had an m in it

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Nelson MandEULA posted:

this is true. i'm typing on a proper british keyboard right now. allow me to demonstrate how easy it is for me to hashtag:
####################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

+1 [informative]

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

syscall girl posted:

taht was a fun time

I once poundsigned your girlfriendcoin

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

I once poundsigned your girlfriendcoin

What do you mean by that?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

syscall girl posted:

What do you mean by that?

It's late and I thought we were in the bitcoin thread

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

It's late and I thought we were in the bitcoin thread

i was going for the dialogue in office space where peter thinks his girlfriend was cheating on him and his neighbor is like 'yeah i get that feeling too'

not sure which of us are more at fault at this point

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i spilled beer in this pos keyboard 7 or 8 years ago and every summer the left shift key sticks

:reject:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my former roommate came in drunk once and spilled soda all over my laptop and now I have a black-and-white macbook

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Silver Alicorn posted:

my former roommate came in drunk once and spilled soda all over my laptop and now I have a black-and-white macbook

My former roommate came in drunk once and peed all over my keyboard. He bought me a new on that I use to this day, 6 years later.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

SpecialK2 posted:

My former roommate came in drunk once and peed all over my keyboard. He bought me a new on that I use to this day, 6 years later.

and where do u live now the sa office is closed op

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1327184180/le-grand-hat

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

i might buy one of these

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ive been looking for a hat that says "please don't communicate with me" but without the trappings of the fedora so really I think I'm in the target market

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why does every single thing now have to have an #OfficialHashTag prominently displayed in its marketing material

is the idea that people somehow won't know how to tweet correctly about the thing without it or is it just a feeble move at encouraging people to tweet about it in the first place

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 30, 2014

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

brooklyn, this time you have gone too far

burn the boro, salt the earth

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sham bam bamina! posted:

why does every single thing now have to have an #OfficialHashTag prominently displayed in its marketing material

is the idea that people somehow won't know how to tweet correctly about the thing without it or is it just a feeble move at encouraging people to tweet about it in the first place

if the same thing is tweeted a lot it becomes "trending" or you basically get free advertising on twitter's site

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

computer parts posted:

if the same thing is tweeted a lot it becomes "trending" or you basically get free advertising on twitter's site
i guess but that's not remotely how twitter trends work, nothing ever got popular because an ad had a hashtag

i mean has an actual human being ever tweeted #fourthmeal without being paid by taco bell

i'm just saying that i'd expect the marketing majors who study this poo poo for a living to have caught on by now, a fuckin restaurant is not robin thicke

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 30, 2014

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i guess but that's not remotely how twitter trends work, nothing ever got popular because an ad had a hashtag

i mean has an actual human being ever tweeted #fourthmeal without being paid by taco bell

i'm just saying that i'd expect the marketing majors who study this poo poo for a living to have caught on by now, a fuckin restaurant is not robin thicke

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fourthmeal&src=typd it looks like yes but maybe their all shills

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Bloody posted:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fourthmeal&src=typd it looks like yes but maybe their all shills
looks like it's mostly jokes about not being able to get a #fourthmeal in ferguson because the rioters hosed up a taco bell but some of it does seem to be the real deal

:cripes:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

looks like it's mostly jokes about not being able to get a #fourthmeal in ferguson because the rioters hosed up a taco bell but some of it does seem to be the real deal

:cripes:

and that's viral marketing right there

you'd be amazed how many people defend the literal taco bell twitter as one of the good guy twitters because they said a funny thing

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Vicas posted:

and that's viral marketing right there

you'd be amazed how many people defend the literal taco bell twitter as one of the good guy twitters because they said a funny thing
also denny's twitter

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
digiorno's tweet game is pretty legit, though

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Thesoro posted:

also denny's twitter

i don't know what you're on about, dennys social media marketing is amazing

http://blog.dennys.com

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

minivanmegafun posted:

dennys social media marketing is amazing
well it's nice to know that there's something they're good at because it sure as hell isn't food

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

you attach a hashtag to things so that you can track it and then at the end of the campaign you can tell the director/whoever that #whateverhashtag got 1,450 mentions and this is a good number because we said it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Vicas posted:

digiorno's tweet game is pretty legit, though

• Locked thread