Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I could have sworn they tried to kickstart it before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Evil Mastermind posted:

I could have sworn they tried to kickstart it before...

You might be thinking of the kid's heart.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

theflyingorc posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, dude.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Have all the backers received their consoles yet?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

hahaha wow :golfclap:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Midjack posted:

Nope, they've been fronting it for a million years but no release so far.

I can't wait for the inevitable Steam Early Access release!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Radio Paranoia posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable Steam Early Access release!

Will they add a cancer simulator at a million dollars?

So what's the OUYA going for price wise now a days? Has it hit the bargain bin yet?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Al Borland posted:

Will they add a cancer simulator at a million dollars?

So what's the OUYA going for price wise now a days? Has it hit the bargain bin yet?
Target reduced them... to $80 :eng99:

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I was at a Target yesterday and saw their OUYA display. It was 2 or 3 consoles and controllers next to the 'bargain' PC games shelves. I don't think they've been touched in months... it's almost kind of sad.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How much longer will they keep the servers for the store and stuff running ? There's got to be a point where they'll say gently caress it and pull the plug on the last 3 people who haven't flashed their consoles.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Elissia posted:

I was at a Target yesterday and saw their OUYA display. It was 2 or 3 consoles and controllers next to the 'bargain' PC games shelves. I don't think they've been touched in months... it's almost kind of sad.

I took this picture at my local Target on 8/22. I looked last week and they are all still there. I think the Angry Birds stuff got rotated out though.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 14, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Some people I asked think the OUYA is one of those consoles shaped similar to a N64 or PS1 that has stuff like Tetris, Pacman or whatever on it.

That would have sold more.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MariusLecter posted:

Some people I asked think the OUYA is one of those consoles shaped similar to a N64 or PS1 that has stuff like Tetris, Pacman or whatever on it.

That would have sold more.

At the Targets I've seen it at, it seems to usually be placed next to those things.

CrashCat posted:

Target reduced them... to $80 :eng99:

Which is extra funny because the upcoming Android TV device retails for $99 and currently comes with $20 of Google Play credit, effectively making it $79.

I've been messing around more with the dev kit I have and while you can only download TV-optimized stuff from the Play Store on it, it's run everything I've tried sideloading onto it (including those god damned EMULATORZZZ that you idiots wanted an ouya for) and it seems that their controller works with pretty much anything that has any kind of controller support. So I guess whatever you might have wanted an ouya for can be done by this thing, with the added benefit of competently designed hardware that will probably have lasting support and less risk of bursting into flames at any given moment.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

raditts posted:

At the Targets I've seen it at, it seems to usually be placed next to those things.

Which is extra funny because the upcoming Android TV device retails for $99 and currently comes with $20 of Google Play credit, effectively making it $79.

I've been messing around more with the dev kit I have and while you can only download TV-optimized stuff from the Play Store on it, it's run everything I've tried sideloading onto it (including those god damned EMULATORZZZ that you idiots wanted an ouya for) and it seems that their controller works with pretty much anything that has any kind of controller support. So I guess whatever you might have wanted an ouya for can be done by this thing, with the added benefit of competently designed hardware that will probably have lasting support and less risk of bursting into flames at any given moment.

That may very well be but will it FREE THE GAMES or GET SOME cancer?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Does it have Amazing Frog?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Morglon posted:

That may very well be but will it FREE THE GAMES or GET SOME cancer?

I can't tell you that but I can confirm that MINECRAFT IS ON IT

...but there is no controller support so you can't play it unless you plug a mouse in and click on the screen controls, probably because the Minecraft guy is a poo poo programmer.

Croccers posted:

Does it have Amazing Frog?

It has an Amazing Frog.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 16, 2014

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Unlike the PC that now has the real froggy deal on Steam as early access. :banjo:
But nope, not paying 14 dollars for it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
With the OUYA you coulda had it for free!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Games successfully freed: 1000

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
OUYA is like one of those compilation CDs from the early 1990s that had "1000+ games included!!!" There were maybe one or two worth playing and the rest was generic and/or unplayable garbage. Kind of like here. Way to be proud.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

quote:

Don't buy an OUYA, they said. It'll flop, they said.

What are they to say now?

:allears:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
How is this company not out of money and dead yet?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Congratulations OUYA on having less than 1/3rd of the games on Xbox Live Indie Games!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames

also, lol people are still releasing Xbox Live Indie Games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Suspicious Dish posted:

How is this company not out of money and dead yet?

$15 million in VC money gives you lots of time to tread water.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Congratz to all the Ouya believers! Please be sure you check out #1001 "Controller Quest" our Ouya app. Test the health of your gamepads for free! :) We've all logged a lot of hours on our gamepads and now you can easily insure all of them are performing at their best! Enjoy!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Every comment on that video is pure gold.

Here's to the next 1000! :)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't there a toxx clause about if they could make it to 1000 games by the end of the year?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

ouyawp

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Azubah posted:

Wasn't there a toxx clause about if they could make it to 1000 games by the end of the year?

XboxPants and I discussed it, we couldn't come to an agreement about a number. I would have lost with his number, he would have lost with mine.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

theflyingorc posted:

XboxPants and I discussed it, we couldn't come to an agreement about a number. I would have lost with his number, he would have lost with mine.

And the rest of us would have won either way. :colbert:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Plus that was for last year, not this year.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

raditts posted:

$15 million in VC money gives you lots of time to tread water.

Congratz to all the Ouya believers! Please be sure you check out #1001 "Controller Quest" our Ouya app. Test the health of your gamepads for free! :) We've all logged a lot of hours on our gamepads and now you can easily insure all of them are performing at their best! Enjoy!

With the inconsistency of the controllers and their analog sticks that would actually be a really useful app.

If anyone's wondering I haven't used my OUYA in a long time, but I did buy a Playstation TV! Gotta keep up with the latest microconsole trends. (Man, I have so many weird controllers at this point, at least the OUYA pads can work on other platforms, gently caress onlive and their proprietary controllers)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Azubah posted:

I think that was last year.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

XboxPants posted:

With the inconsistency of the controllers and their analog sticks that would actually be a really useful app.

If anyone's wondering I haven't used my OUYA in a long time, but I did buy a Playstation TV! Gotta keep up with the latest microconsole trends. (Man, I have so many weird controllers at this point, at least the OUYA pads can work on other platforms, gently caress onlive and their proprietary controllers)

So what is your fascination with lovely microconsoles anyways? Haven't you learned your lesson by now?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

theflyingorc posted:

Congratulations OUYA on having less than 1/3rd of the games on Xbox Live Indie Games!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames

also, lol people are still releasing Xbox Live Indie Games.

Hey if it wasn't for XBLIG we wouldn't have Mount Your Friends.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

cronox2 posted:

Hey if it wasn't for XBLIG we wouldn't have Mount Your Friends.

Escape Goat and One Finger Death Punch also got their starts on XBLIG. Under the mountains and mountains of absolute poo poo there are a few gems.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Ghostlight posted:

Plus that was for last year, not this year.

Wow the OUYA really has dragged on a while hasn't it

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Tracula posted:

So what is your fascination with lovely microconsoles anyways? Haven't you learned your lesson by now?

They're cheap, so I guess I don't feel like they need to do much to justify a purchase?

Like, my PC has me covered for gaming pretty well, but it doesn't always cover everything. If I see a $99 doodad that'd get me access to some little odd niche of games, that sometimes seems worth it. The OUYA didn't really work out that way, but the PSTV's genuinely a pretty good platform for jRPGs that I can't play on PC short of theft.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

XboxPants posted:

They're cheap, so I guess I don't feel like they need to do much to justify a purchase?

Like, my PC has me covered for gaming pretty well, but it doesn't always cover everything. If I see a $99 doodad that'd get me access to some little odd niche of games, that sometimes seems worth it. The OUYA didn't really work out that way, but the PSTV's genuinely a pretty good platform for jRPGs that I can't play on PC short of theft.

Or you could just buy a wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Or take a deep breath, use your brain for like two seconds and not buy every cheap piece of junk that promises to make the overly large portion of your life you devote to gaming like .2% better

Who are we kidding though!

• Locked thread