Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Belzac posted:

For everyone one of you there are ten other scholars who have Eos out 24/7, never use cleric stance, never cast dots and have 90% overhealing. I queued as healer, not dps.

Yeah, but you're literally accusing the 1 out of 11 who don't, and then saying they revel in being bad when they rightfully complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So what's that Sailor Suit outfit anyway? Is it expensive and/or rare? Sooner or later my glamour addiction is gonna need a new fix.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

bonewitch posted:

cause bards own :hellyeah:

also it's not even a glamour i paid way too much money to pentameld this coat [timg][/timg]
I'd have done crit 4's all the way down but that's like 20m gil gently caress that

This kills the wallet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

a kitten posted:

So what's that Sailor Suit outfit anyway? Is it expensive and/or rare? Sooner or later my glamour addiction is gonna need a new fix.

Top, skirt. Accessorize with your favorite cute hat and the Ribbon necklaces from Mog EX.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I too cannot tolerate that there are pubbies and idiots in this game.

You make it sound like the only people on the server are goons, and they're accountable for all of the bad players that you encounter when you complain like this.

This thread is slowly becoming an official SE forum post.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?
I'm pretty peeved that the 17 GB trial download is preventing me from experiencing instant gratification Japanese computer fantasy gaming. While I wait, let's discuss how a noob such as myself can be less bad and not waste a week of the trial fumbling around and falling off ledges to my death.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I always figured if you wanted to press for optimal play you'd get a group of regulars to run instead of rolling the dice on DF. I've had some really amazing people in DF and I've had some completely awful people, but it doesn't bug me none because expecting perfection every time out of single queue roulettes would be way too stressful.

Just chill.

nuru posted:

Then clearly they ignored the moral of their Arcanist quests and know nothing of strategy.

These are the same people who progressed through early Rogue quests completely naked despite the guildmaster calling the playerbase out on it.

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013
Am I playing blm properly?

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

This kills the wallet.

Please don't post eyeblight Roes here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rei_ posted:

This is natural, the axe passion is strong and real and it's your friend.

But Warrior tanking is (more) complicated and bigger damage spikes are scary and I never have Inner Beast up at the right times and :saddowns:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

seannykun posted:

No you're wasting my time and everyone else's half of those buttons don't even DO anything.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

The Chairman posted:

Yeah, but you're literally accusing the 1 out of 11 who don't, and then saying they revel in being bad when they rightfully complain

I'm actually doing the opposite by saying he's much better than others in the thread by actually explaining why he uses his skills in the way he does. The "you think I'm bad, have you seen low level?" and "it's just dungeons bro" are the rule while he's the exception. To be fair though he did heel turn from "tell me more about min/maxing expert roulette" to "I've actually though it out far enough to decide which fairy is right for what situation in order to maximize my dps" which means he's kinda a poo poo for being just as much as a sperg but trying to hide behind public opinion.

nuru posted:

Tell me more about minmaxing expert roulette :shobon:

nuru posted:

I've already acknowledged Selene is the better choice in the common case, but you're wrong here. Pug dps can AOE just fine except in the most brain damaged of cases. I have great success throwing a stoneskin and adlo on most well geared tanks and them immediately cluing in that it's time for a pull adventure. I get that you want to get done as quickly as possible, but you appear to be ignoring that in the rare case I have Eos out I'm also in Cleric and have 4 dots on every mob along with a shadow flare.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

seannykun posted:

Need a few Scathes, maybe fill a third row with them.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

seannykun posted:

Holy poo poo no you're not, you're doing it all wrong. Jesus. Turn in your pointy hat man you're demoted to, I dunno, bard.

Only TWO buttons assigned to Flare this makes me sick

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

MohShuvuu posted:

This kills the wallet.

Christ, how many did you lose in the process?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
There is no one specific person I can quote here for this but I'm still posting it for the poo poo you people put a gun to my head and forced me to read for the past like 3 pages:

:goonsay:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MohShuvuu posted:

This kills the wallet.

Here's hoping Heavensward increases stat diversity in such a way that Crit/Determination IV aren't a million zillion dinars per.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Belzac posted:

I'm actually doing the opposite by saying he's much better than others in the thread by actually explaining why he uses his skills in the way he does. The "you think I'm bad, have you seen low level?" and "it's just dungeons bro" are the rule while he's the exception. To be fair though he did heel turn from "tell me more about min/maxing expert roulette" to "I've actually though it out far enough to decide which fairy is right for what situation in order to maximize my dps" which means he's kinda a poo poo for being just as much as a sperg but trying to hide behind public opinion.

It seemed fairly clear to me at the time that the first thing you quoted (if you go back to that part of the thread and read the context) was meant more as "make a quick joke in the form of an off-the-cuff counterexample to one of Belzac's beloved blanket statements" than "this is a deliberately and deeply thought-out opinion that I hold near and dear to my heart".

e: Anyway, I'm content to let this argument die, so I'll bow out of further discussion related to the subject.

Vil fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 25, 2014

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Chyea posted:

Please don't post eyeblight Roes here.

This fabulously dressed fellow and his optimally efficient friend would like to have a word with you.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Quoting myself because it was drowned in the sea of SCHmads.

My favorite emote to spam as Lalafell made it into the retrospective video, complete with confused catboy stare.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

This kills the wallet.

Why would you do that.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Not sure where to fall on the stupid derail. On one hand I want to play with people who are good. On the other hand, I occasionally really enjoy running a raid that turns into

[Alliance A] gently caress YOU
[Alliance B] NO gently caress YOU
[Alliance C] gently caress BOTH OF YOU *wipes to trash for the seventh time*

Duty Finder really needs a box where you can select the average ilvl of the people you play with. I want a way to run ST with people who are ilvl 52 on average, screw the ilvl 70 requirement. Let's see it SE.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

MohShuvuu posted:

This kills the wallet.

what on earth

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vermain posted:

Here's hoping Heavensward increases stat diversity in such a way that Crit/Determination IV aren't a million zillion dinars per.

Please look forward to crit/det v materials :getin:

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
If you're not pentamelding tier 4 materia please don't waste my time in expert roulette.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

bonewitch posted:

Christ, how many did you lose in the process?

Not as much as this piece!

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Some buttons were pressed and then a thing happened.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

Not as much as this piece!

why would you meld det

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

KaneTW posted:

why would you meld det

These melds were originally intended for Summoner. I switched to Black Mage for T12 and 13.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Well, that makes sense.

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL

seannykun posted:

I hope that one day I too can be that good at BLM. ;_;

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Belzac posted:

You're getting the responses you do because most of what you post here is insulting shitposting. If you want people to take you seriously and answer you more earnestly, perhaps you should try not insulting people in advance?

Since we're all quoting ourselves:

PhilippAchtel posted:

Edit: And, you know, there's a better way to approach this. One is "If you do this (don't do this), you're terrible and I hope I never have to play with you", and the other is more "If you want to get the most out of your class, here's a way to improve your play." I wish we had a bit less of dismissive attitude and more of the affirmative, socially positive one.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Demitri Omni posted:

Quoting myself because it was drowned in the sea of SCHmads.

My favorite emote to spam as Lalafell made it into the retrospective video, complete with confused catboy stare.

I don't think it was lost, I just don't think anyone could tell what it was

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
You don't understand man. Society made Belzac this way. All those cruel and inhuman pubbies making dungeons take 1 to 3 minutes more than necessary have exhausted his capacity for behaving like a functioning human adult. Society made him into a monster. :negative:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

KaneTW posted:

why would you meld det

Is there a problem with det on BLM?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yukari posted:

Point for point, no. But you get 2/3rd the allotment on non-Novus items, so crit or SS are a better choice.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Yukari posted:

Crit and Spell Speed are better.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

It has the same or near the same weighting as Crit point for point?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Yukari posted:

It has the same or near the same weighting as Crit point for point?

Depends on the stat weights you use, I guess. Most of the ones I see have SS and Crit significantly above DET, because they scale exponentially with damage and DET doesn't.

I could be totally wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

bonewitch posted:

Depends on the stat weights you use, I guess. Most of the ones I see have SS and Crit significantly above DET, because they scale exponentially with damage and DET doesn't.

I could be totally wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

To be honest, I think you're on the right track only because literally everyone else that I've seen has said the same thing, namely DET < CRIT < SPSP for non-novus, and CRIT < DET < SPSP for Novus.

• Locked thread