Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Kurtofan posted:

I can't believe they got the real actors to voice this. Video game is so mainstream :reject:

The Witcher-like GoT game had Jeor Mormont and Varys. Cersei was voiced by a different person. It, uh, also had GRRM.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh my god I can't loving wait

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrBims posted:

The Witcher-like GoT game had Jeor Mormont and Varys. Cersei was voiced by a different person. It, uh, also had GRRM.

That game had the worst camera of all time

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
That is awesome! I didn't expect the main characters to be in it, let alone voiced by the GoT actors. Day 1 buy for me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

computer parts posted:

That game had the worst camera of all time

Also gameplay.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Voice acting didn't seem great either from those example youtube vids :v:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Okay, so I'm creating a thread for the game in Games. However, I need some input on how I should deal with spoilers. I figure I'll open the thread with a warning that the game contains spoilers for Season 3 and Season 4, and below that I'll say that no book chat is allowed in that thread and I'll link to this one and the bad thread. Does that sound fair?

I'm also not sure if game spoilers should be allowed in this thread. Opinions? Full restriction on them? Temporary restriction like when new books are released? No restriction like released books or TWOW sample chapters?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
I would love a full restriction. Mostly because I wait to buy entire seasons rather than go episode by episode.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series thread.

Please divert all discussion of the upcoming game series to that thread.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I'm reading through the World of Ice and Fire book and out made me think of yet another money making venture for GRRM that I would undoubtedly throw my money at. If he published the White Book, detailing all the adventures of the Kingsguard. Of course after the books are finished.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
I would buy the poo poo out of that.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Don't give him any ideas, or he'll put down TWOW to write another 300,000 words for it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What about the book at the wall that lists all lord commanders of the night's watch? I'd read that too. Is that the black book? I forget if they name it in the story or not. Is there a list of all known written works in-universe?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Trudis posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of that.

A big chunk will be illegible when Jaime's handwriting goes to poo poo.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

BizarroAzrael posted:

A big chunk will be illegible when Jaime's handwriting goes to poo poo.

So many wine stains.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/537352703173607424

quote:

The raven brings #TheSight. Receive the power at: http://www.threeeyedraven.com

https://www.threeeyedraven.com

Looks like snippets of character scenes with brief flashes of their Season 5 story. Look at the tweet to see Arya's.

Bran's story could have been so amazing if he had been included this year, but if scary stuff starts happening to other characters with strong hints that Bran's power is beginning to manifest then it might be really cool.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I bet they're going to condense all of book 6 into season 5, or at least enough to get to a good stopping point - Daenerys sitting the Iron Throne, Cersei assassinated by Arya, etc. If we ever get a book 7, I'm guessing it will be set at least 10 years in the future (after a very long winter) with a greater focus on younger characters. If there is enough demand, HBO can do a series starting there and then string it on indefinitely as nobody really cares what HBO does to Sansa's kid.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I doubt that they're condensing all of Book 6 into Season 5, I don't think we've heard of a scene being filmed that wasn't somewhat recognizable as being based on Feast or Dance (except a little Mercy-based stuff).

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 26, 2014

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

In It For The Tank posted:

https://www.threeeyedraven.com

Looks like snippets of character scenes with brief flashes of their Season 5 story. Look at the tweet to see Arya's.

Bran's story could have been so amazing if he had been included this year, but if scary stuff starts happening to other characters with strong hints that Bran's power is beginning to manifest then it might be really cool.

Is there a way to get this stuff without signing up for Twitter or getting SMS spam?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Do you have to be signed in to see this tweet?

You're really, really, really, not missing anything at all, so don't fret if you can't watch it.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

For example, the only new thing in Arya's is a shot of the House of Black and White's door. The rest of it is just scenes of Arya killing people in previous seasons while you hear the clip from Season 3 of Melisandre saying there is darkness in Arya.

I imagine more will come out soon.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It makes me happy knowing that regardless of how the book writing goes we'll get some plot advancement a year and a half from now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

wrong thread.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I know this is a dumb thing to be upset over but simply calling it "the sight" kind of sounds really lame to me. I'm not exactly sure why but "greensight" sounds so much better to me than simply "the sight".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mischitary posted:

I know this is a dumb thing to be upset over but simply calling it "the sight" kind of sounds really lame to me. I'm not exactly sure why but "greensight" sounds so much better to me than simply "the sight".

I think the actual term is "greenseeing" which sounds more awkward than "greensight" but yeah still way better than "the sight"

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Mischitary posted:

You're right, it is a dumb thing to be upset about.

Game of Thrones is in the weird position of being both an adaptation and eventually becoming all new material. I personally can't wait for them to finish the book material so I can stop reading about people complaining that they didn't adapt a particular term or character properly.

Listen, 'the sight' is a lame term but so is 'greensight' and 'greenseeing'. It reminds me of 'the force' in star wars. Who gives a poo poo what its called, it does what it does.

Looking forward to all the complaining about how the Martells aren't Spanish enough.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The Force / The Shining / The Sight

Beeez
May 28, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

You're right, it is a dumb thing to be upset about.

Game of Thrones is in the weird position of being both an adaptation and eventually becoming all new material. I personally can't wait for them to finish the book material so I can stop reading about people complaining that they didn't adapt a particular term or character properly.

Listen, 'the sight' is a lame term but so is 'greensight' and 'greenseeing'. It reminds me of 'the force' in star wars. Who gives a poo poo what its called, it does what it does.

Looking forward to all the complaining about how the Martells aren't Spanish enough.

It'll never completely stray from the book material, their interpretation will simply be looser.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Beeez posted:

It'll never completely stray from the book material, their interpretation will simply be looser.

what are you talking about? its already straying significantly and the season after next season will basically be original material since the next book isnt out.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

what are you talking about? its already straying significantly and the season after next season will basically be original material since the next book isnt out.

They know how it ends as far as Martin knows how it ends, which I'm sure includes the fates of the major characters.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

They know how it ends as far as Martin knows how it ends, which I'm sure includes the fates of the major characters.

I agree, I have a feeling that things are going to move very fast at the beginning of book 6, Dany is going to capture the armies and fleets besieging Meereen and use them to immediately attack and conquer Westeros, but then she'll have to spend the rest of the book dealing with the loose ends (such as Casterly Rock, Aegon, and Undead Jon Snow) and an eventual Other invasion. They will just have all the loose ends either killed in a final battle or left out of the story if they are not major, and end with Dany conquering Westeros and preparing to defend it from the Others, maybe with a final scene of "10 years later" or something like that to hint at what's supposed to happen in book 7.

ClearAirTurbulence fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 27, 2014

Beeez
May 28, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

They know the broad strokes of what's going to happen and admitted that would factor into what they're doing.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
A ten-year jump sounds like a really annoying cop-out to me, surely I'm not the only one?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Fruity Gordo posted:

A ten-year jump sounds like a really annoying cop-out to me, surely I'm not the only one?

You're not.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah it'd be really stupid and if the ol' GURM were going to do that he'd have done it by now and had the book out.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010

Punch Card posted:

Yeah it'd be really stupid and if the ol' GURM were going to do that he'd have done it by now and had the book out.

I'm not saying the books will have a ten year (or however long winter lasts this time) jump. They will probably spread out the events over several years, and the next book after that could start before spring comes and lead up to that. I'm saying that HBO will probably cram several years of post-invasion Westeros into one or two episodes.

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I agree, I have a feeling that things are going to move very fast at the beginning of book 6, Dany is going to capture the armies and fleets besieging Meereen and use them to immediately attack and conquer Westeros, but then she'll have to spend the rest of the book dealing with the loose ends (such as Casterly Rock, Aegon, and Undead Jon Snow) and an eventual Other invasion. They will just have all the loose ends either killed in a final battle or left out of the story if they are not major, and end with Dany conquering Westeros and preparing to defend it from the Others, maybe with a final scene of "10 years later" or something like that to hint at what's supposed to happen in book 7.

Oh, my sweet summer child. Dany is going to be spending a ton of time with the Dothraki apparently and the chapter readings of the battle outside Meereen are totally Danyless. So Dany's going northwest and the prophecy said she needs to go southeast probably around Asshai.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Plus GRRM has said Dany and Tyrion spend majority of the next book apart.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

and end with Dany conquering Westeros and preparing to defend it from the Others, maybe with a final scene of "10 years later" or something like that to hint at what's supposed to happen in book 7.

Have you gotten the idea that A Dream of Spring happens in the near future from anywhere, because you're the only person I've seen talking about it at all, let alone as a definite fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I fully anticipate "A Dream of Spring" happening post-Winter because then the title would make no sense what

• Locked thread