Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The XBone and PS4 version is $30 at Wal*Mart right now:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7414982-nba-2k15-29-96-walmart-com-xbox-one-and-ps4?v=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

thompson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUxCZSXzpc

So this was pretty cool. I had never taken a 3 in my career because my dude has a 52 rating at it.

Nice. How are the Clippers to play with?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Nice. How are the Clippers to play with?

Super fun except it's a given that Paul will throw at least 6 stupid alley oops out of bounds. A lot of them at critical times, but hey lob city bitch.

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001

thompson posted:

So this was pretty cool. I had never taken a 3 in my career because my dude has a 52 rating at it.

Nice!

I played the Clips the other night and thought I sealed the win until Paul hit a similar 3 at the buzzer to win it :/ Ah well, that was at least a decently close game until the final buzzer.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

thompson posted:

Super fun except it's a given that Paul will throw at least 6 stupid alley oops out of bounds. A lot of them at critical times, but hey lob city bitch.

Haha glad to know I'm not the only one to come across this with the clippers.

So I just started the playoffs now and bumped it up to 10 minute quarters so I can rightfully be named finals mvp and it was pretty enjoyable and less of a drag than I expected. Took a little over an hour to play a game.

As a result I posted my first double double of the season and my first 40 point game at the same time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

thompson posted:

Does your myplayer have a lazy eye?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

thompson posted:

Oh man that voice over in the interview is ridiculous. 2k please next year get a new VO

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Does your myplayer have a lazy eye?

Haha only in interviews I think.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh god how can you play with that View?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
In mycareer my team has by far the highest field goal percentage, least turnovers and most assists and steals per game. Nevertheless I lose almost every game because of the crazy amounts of offensive rebounds my opponents get. :suicide:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Honj Steak posted:

In mycareer my team has by far the highest field goal percentage, least turnovers and most assists and steals per game. Nevertheless I lose almost every game because of the crazy amounts of offensive rebounds my opponents get. :suicide:

That and they score like 99% of the time on O rebounds.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
What team are you on? If the other team has good big men and you don't it happens all the time. It's so good playing for the rockets cos Howard gets a dozen put backs a game.

Even if your a point guard crash the boards All the time.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

What team are you on? If the other team has good big men and you don't it happens all the time. It's so good playing for the rockets cos Howard gets a dozen put backs a game.

Yep, I'm a 6'4 point guard for the Mavericks, so the tall guys should be good enough for rebounding. Definitely trying to get more rebounds myself, that's probably it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Absolutely, rebounds are a lot better this year, I usually get around 8 as a PG on 8 min quarters with zero points in rebounding on whatever the second highest difficulty is.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't always go for boards depending on your size. My PG is 5'8" and if I go for a defensive board, the rest of team will just stand there and assume I'll get it and usually I'll get a hand on it but the other team will pop it loose and grab it.

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001

Absolutely, rebounds are a lot better this year, I usually get around 8 as a PG on 8 min quarters with zero points in rebounding on whatever the second highest difficulty is.

Yeah Im up to 8 a game as well with my SF. They still play the "well I know you boxed out and got to the ball first but we're going to vacuum it into Duncans hands behind you because reasons" card a lot but I still get quite a bit.

The one thing I wish they would fix is your player always has a toe on the line when shooting a catch and shoot 3. Youll be 2 feet behind the line, then animate forward to catch and now its just the worlds longest 2.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Yay I just stole the ball from Tony Parker 17 times in one game. :v:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is there something up with the 2K servers? I haven't been able to login to the servers on the mobile companion app all day. I want my free daily VC!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Hockles posted:

Is there something up with the 2K servers? I haven't been able to login to the servers on the mobile companion app all day. I want my free daily VC!

Gonna assume so because I've been having the same problem.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Working for me now...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It worked for me at about 3:00am EST, and now it is not working again. I checked out the OS forums, and others seems to be having the same problem.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Hockles posted:

It worked for me at about 3:00am EST, and now it is not working again. I checked out the OS forums, and others seems to be having the same problem.

It hasn't worked for me for the past two days but I kept retrying over and over and it worked after a few minutes.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Started playing 3s in the park yesterday and ran 10 games without losing on 1 court with some randoms. It's amazing how easy it is to win if one person just gets back and plays good defense. Also, passing the ball helps. Don't see that every day at the park though.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I really want to play with other goons on PS4, especially in the park. Anyone playing this still want to team up sometime in the future?

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011

thompson posted:

I really want to play with other goons on PS4, especially in the park. Anyone playing this still want to team up sometime in the future?

see me if ur a flyer

psn: Apache_Chief69

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Same for anyone on PC

steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg/

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Apache Chief posted:

see me if ur a flyer

psn: Apache_Chief69

I'll add you, but it looks like we'll be opponents. I'm a rough rider for life homie!

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I dont remember what group I am in the park. I also have only played the park once because it was a laggy mess when the game first came out.

PSN is NO_GRANDMA_NO.

I will play basketball online.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

inSTAALed posted:

I dont remember what group I am in the park. I also have only played the park once because it was a laggy mess when the game first came out.

PSN is NO_GRANDMA_NO.

I will play basketball online.

It's a lot better now. Not much lag. Hopefully we can play sometime. That or GTA.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

thompson posted:

It's a lot better now. Not much lag. Hopefully we can play sometime. That or GTA.

Why not both?

Simultaneously

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I might be on a bit this evening:

PSN: soundslikescone

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
I'll throw my PSN out there too if any Rough Riders wanna roll (though I'm not able to connect to the 2k server right now :mad:)

PSN: bigblindjeef

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

the wildest turkey posted:

I'll throw my PSN out there too if any Rough Riders wanna roll (though I'm not able to connect to the 2k server right now :mad:)

All of rockstar/2k servers are down. Gotta be gta

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

thompson posted:

All of rockstar/2k servers are down. Gotta be gta

Maybe they're adding heists :v:

Just tried again and looks like it's working now actually.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I decided to go with the Pelicans in My Career. I've made a huge mistake. :chloe:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

the wildest turkey posted:

Had a blast last night. Hit me up when you're on whenever, would love to play again.

I decided to go with the Pelicans in My Career. I've made a huge mistake. :chloe:

If you just signed the 10 day, don't worry, you'll be a free agent soon!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

thompson posted:

Even if you signed the 1 year, the first season is only half the length and you can break away at the end of it.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

thompson posted:

Had a blast last night. Hit me up when you're on whenever, would love to play again.

Hell yeah man, we have to get the flop-celebration to catch on.

Lockback posted:

Even if you signed the 1 year, the first season is only half the length and you can break away at the end of it.

And even if you sign a 2 year (at the end of your rookie year), you can just request a trade after the offseason when the GM replaces Kyle Korver with Rodney Stuckey and calls it a day...gently caress you too Hawks.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

thompson posted:

I'm in my second year, transferred over from the Raptors. Had some beautiful dream I'd be throwing beautiful lobs to Davis every game. Wrong.

Probably gonna try and go with the Clippers once it gives me the option to trade again but I'm open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

I'm in my second year, transferred over from the Raptors. Had some beautiful dream I'd be throwing beautiful lobs to Davis every game. Wrong.

Probably gonna try and go with the Clippers once it gives me the option to trade again but I'm open to suggestions.

Don't do it. CP3 will throw copious amounts of turnovers every loving play!

• Locked thread