Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

orange juche posted:

Because I wasn't reading the thread when it was posted, holy crap do you actually expect me to read a thousand pages of you guys going back and forth over min-max bullshit?

Post of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Sup. Multiple root canals here, dentistry friends :(:respek::(:respek::(

(Waiting for my coverage to reset in the new year before I can fix the last major tooth. Nothing hurts like accidentally eating and a bit of food slipping into the cavity as you bite and oh God why am I on the floor in the fetal position)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

orange juche posted:

Because I wasn't reading the thread when it was posted, holy crap do you actually expect me to read a thousand pages of you guys going back and forth over min-max bullshit?

Yes, get good at this thread. We shouldn't need to or be expected to carry casual posters like you.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

If you can't finish a thread in fifteen to twenty minutes stop wasting valuable time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Maybe you should use Selene's speed buffs so you can speedread the thread you filthy loving casuals.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

T9 question, last phase is just a loving shitshow for me even as MT, where I can safely ignore things like Divebombs and just try and stay around the centre generally, I get so loving lost in that phase because of everything going on.

Like, what the gently caress is the plan for tanks in the last phase. Where do I stand, what cooldowns do I bank, what do I use as soon as it's up? What favour should I use say, Sentinel or Hallowed for? Do I move with Nael when she jumps or let her come back to me?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
This guy not reading the previous thread is a slap in the face.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
hahaha I love how you guys still remember my stupid troll post

Don't play this game, but still find myself coming back to read the thread every once in a while, and I'm glad I did.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Daily Forecast posted:

hahaha I love how you guys still remember my stupid troll post

Don't play this game, but still find myself coming back to read the thread every once in a while, and I'm glad I did.

i was only pretending to be retarded

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Rei_ posted:

T9 question, last phase is just a loving shitshow for me even as MT, where I can safely ignore things like Divebombs and just try and stay around the centre generally, I get so loving lost in that phase because of everything going on.

Like, what the gently caress is the plan for tanks in the last phase. Where do I stand, what cooldowns do I bank, what do I use as soon as it's up? What favour should I use say, Sentinel or Hallowed for? Do I move with Nael when she jumps or let her come back to me?

Pick any spot you want at the start of p4, preferably closer to an edge. Use a marker on yourself so everyone knows where you are relative to themselves, and so they know the proper stacking spot for Thunder during Lunar Dynamo. During Thermionic, run to the center of the room for people to gather on you. After Nael comes back down, tank him roughly where he comes down & have people position around you.

There are I believe 7 possible Ravensclaws total (2 per cycle + 1 on 4th cycle), which you can manage something like this:

1: Rampart
2: Bulwark
3: Foresight+Conv+Virus
4: Sentinel
5: Rampart+Virus+Any other externals
6: HG
7: Everything you've got & pray

The reason to use heavier cooldowns for 2/4/6 is because they come immediately following Thermionic Beam & during the following Thunder, so your healers don't have the same amount of pre-healing established for you.

Niton fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 26, 2014

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Doublestep posted:

i was only pretending to be retarded offended

Cool bro, keep on keepin' on.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rei_ posted:

I'm sure there are a few methods, but here's how my static and I handled it. As the tank, everyone is stacking up on me for the majority of the final phase. The general idea is to stay in the middle of the arena as much as nael will allow. Because of the way my group handles fires and thunderstruck, knowing where the front of nael is is very important, so when nael jumps, I move to in front of wherever she's facing and the entire party does the same. When I have a fire out, I make sure everyone knows not to follow me, and move back into the stack when it goes off. When nael does iron chariot>supernovas>thermiotic, it is completely safe for you as the tank to get into position at the center of the arena. Supernovas will never target you so you don't have to run around with everyone else. You become the marker for everyone to stand for thermiotic, and you'll also be completely safe from divebombs if your group is handling them correctly.

As for cooldowns, I actually save my lighter cooldowns for favours, since not much else is happening when that happens and the healers aren't distracted. I typically bulwark the first, and then use a combination of rampart and awareness for the second. I save the heavier cooldowns for claws following thermiotic beam, sentinel for the first, and hallowed for the second.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Doublestep posted:

i was only pretending to be retarded

idk man if u wear the mask long enough...

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Daily Forecast posted:

Cool bro, keep on keepin' on.

When do you start the puppetmaster defense

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Niton posted:

Pick any spot you want at the start of p4, preferably closer to an edge. Use a marker on yourself so everyone knows where you are relative to themselves, and so they know the proper stacking spot for Thunder during Lunar Dynamo. During Thermionic, run to the center of the room for people to gather on you. After Nael comes back down, tank him roughly where he comes down & have people position around you.

There are I believe 7 possible Ravensclaws total (2 per cycle + 1 on 4th cycle), which you can manage something like this:

1: Rampart
2: Bulwark
3: Foresight+Conv+Virus
4: Sentinel
5: Rampart+Virus+Any other externals
6: HG
7: Everything you've got & pray

The reason to use heavier cooldowns for 2/4/6 is because they come immediately following Thermionic Beam & during the following Thunder, so your healers don't have the same amount of pre-healing established for you.

You should be able to Rampart -> Bulwark -> Rampart the first three if you really want to actually.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
Rampart comes off cooldown for every odd numbered tank nuke in a few encounters, so you can time your rotation to be rampart then a different cooldown then rampart again. Claw is easy, the length of the rotation is also long enough for virus to come off cooldown, so you can do rampart+virus on every favor and use anything else at your disposal on every claw after thermionic.

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be
Ideally you want to use bulwark, foresight, convalescence awareness and stoneskins on the first claws, then rampart, sentinel, and hallowed ground on the second claws. The first claws (the ones right after Favor) are all physical, and the healers are doing nothing else, so they can carry you, but the second claws that follow thermionic and come with fire-in is a period of both high physical and magical damage taken, and lots of raid damage that the healers also want to take care of, so you may get medicas and succor instead of Cure IIs right away.

Realistically you can do the fight with no cooldowns at all.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dazzling Klaxon posted:

My app just stopped working one day, the codes it was giving me were wrong. If I didn't have the emergency removal code saved (and it took me a half hour to find it because I got lazy and just crammed it in blizzardauth.txt and forgot that's where I put it) I'd have to fax them my driver's license or some other bullshit to get them to remove it.

A lot of the story quests are stupid back-and-forths or fetch quests which is sadly just the state of western MMOs currently. They even changed XP values when Tera was localized to make quests matter more than killing mobs, which was unfortunate. Killing mobs will be fun for me if the game is fun to play, quests are never really fun or interesting unless they're heavily scripted which is tantamount to a waste of resources. There are some good (and heavily scripted) quests in there though, and once you start getting to things like primals, the promise of unlocking another was enough to keep me going through it. The story also picks up later on.

you played Tera

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Kitfox88 posted:

idk man if u wear the mask long enough...

Yeah I remember that Goosebumps book. It owned

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dazzling Klaxon posted:

A lot of the story quests are stupid back-and-forths or fetch quests which is sadly just the state of western MMOs currently. They even changed XP values when Tera was localized to make quests matter more than killing mobs, which was unfortunate. Killing mobs will be fun for me if the game is fun to play, quests are never really fun or interesting unless they're heavily scripted which is tantamount to a waste of resources. There are some good (and heavily scripted) quests in there though, and once you start getting to things like primals, the promise of unlocking another was enough to keep me going through it. The story also picks up later on.
You'll get PLENTY of no-quests leveling with killing mobs over and over once you do your second 50 and beyond that.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

RottenK posted:

you played Tera

Tera is a great game what are you talking abou-

oh it's you

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

KaneTW posted:

Tera is a great game what are you talking abou-

Don't give money to people who make things like this.

KaneTW posted:

oh it's you

I don't get what you're trying to say here.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

RottenK posted:

Don't give money to people who make things like this

But I'm giving plenty of money to people who amke things like this: .

Also, I meant that I remember your name in a negative context related to talking about this topic.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

KaneTW posted:

But I'm giving plenty of money to people who amke things like this: .
I think that making some great content isn't an excuse for literally pandering to people who want to gently caress little girls, but that's just my opinion.

KaneTW posted:

Also, I meant that I remember your name in a negative context related to talking about this topic.

Huh, alright then. I don't post about Tera that much, a few times here and there. Dunno why you'd remember me.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
New producer letter: 2.45 is coming "early December" and includes the next relic step and gay catgirl marriage.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Is this the part in the cycle where we accuse people of being pedophiles?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
The Live Letter is here, by the way.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

I think that making some great content isn't an excuse for literally pandering to people who want to gently caress little girls, but that's just my opinion.

Why do you think anyone would want to gently caress pixels though? Are you sure you're not just projecting here?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Truga posted:

Why do you think anyone would want to gently caress pixels though? Are you sure you're not just projecting here?

People made this argument about lalafells too, IIRC. There's definitely some projection involved. Not necessarily personal projection, but reading into things for sure.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I play a Lalafel. I play it because gear designs on the midgets tend to be less horrendous and their animations also tend to be better, thanks to my experience from XI. However, the person that posted the "here's how lalafel bikinis should be designed" belong in the same category as the people clamoring for bust adjustments to female lalafels, and are extremely creepy. Yoshi-P paid the correct amount of attention to the matter by telling the programming folks to throw in the bust slider anyways, and have it do all of nothing.

So yeah, there definitely are people who have these creepy tendencies. Don't try to play devil's advocate on this, it just outs you as a creep sympathizer.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

jwang posted:

However, the person that posted the "here's how lalafel bikinis should be designed" belong in the same category as the people clamoring for bust adjustments to female lalafels, and are extremely creepy. Yoshi-P paid the correct amount of attention to the matter by telling the programming folks to throw in the bust slider anyways, and have it do all of nothing.

So yeah, there definitely are people who have these creepy tendencies. Don't try to play devil's advocate on this, it just outs you as a creep sympathizer.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. Only that there are definitely people who equate playing a game with tiny races is supporting people 'literally pandering to people who want to gently caress little girls'. One person just made that claim! And I recall that exact claim being leveled at FFXIV for making the Lalafells more human-like compared to the more animal Tarutaru.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
All my money in this game goes to feed my glamour addiction. :negative:

Vice Admiral Flowers reporting for duty!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Comic posted:

People made this argument about lalafells too, IIRC. There's definitely some projection involved. Not necessarily personal projection, but reading into things for sure.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just not really aware of how creepy TERA gets with the Elin.

FF14 is much better about Lalafell, given the extent to which they are androgynous, borderline genderless little pillsbury doughpeople.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Comic posted:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. Only that there are definitely people who equate playing a game with tiny races is supporting people 'literally pandering to people who want to gently caress little girls'. One person just made that claim! And I recall that exact claim being leveled at FFXIV for making the Lalafells more human-like compared to the more animal Tarutaru.

Lalafell are never sexualized in FFXIV. Tera heavily sexualizes its tiny race, and it's creepy as hell. Spend about 5 seconds googling it and you'll see.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's sort of nice that I've never seen Lalafell treated any differently in-game than any other race, really, except for a) a propensity to be prey items for monsters, and b) really sucking at holding their drink

Poor fuckers :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I started the free trial on this yesterday after reading the OP here and seeing a several cool features, and I'm liking the game so far. But, I started as a Lalafell, and after playing a while I don't think I like it. I generally play humans (or robots, but there's no robots here :<), figured something new would be cool, but nope. Should I just reroll now, or is there a way to change this? I didn't spend too much time on it, but it was several hours I'd like think I didn't waste.

Heh. :suicide:

Comic posted:

This is it. Also, I just don't think I should care about anyone playing these characters. Their reasons for doing so are entirely their own problem. As long as they keep it to themselves, anyway, I don't need to know about people's sick fetishes.

vvv: That's great, thanks.

Truga fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 26, 2014

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Truga posted:

Should I just reroll now, or is there a way to change this?

There are phantasia potions that I think everybody gets which is basically one free character remodeling item.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Comic posted:

Only that there are definitely people who equate playing a game with tiny races is supporting people 'literally pandering to people who want to gently caress little girls'. One person just made that claim! And I recall that exact claim being leveled at FFXIV for making the Lalafells more human-like compared to the more animal Tarutaru.

Don't be an idiot, or don't pretend to be one.

There is a pretty big, obvious and significant difference between the art design of lalafel and elin, and also FFXIV and Tera in general. Elin are quite literally designed to appeal to pedophiles.

There is nothing wrong with tiny races, there is everything wrong with THIS:

Please don't give money to developers of Tera.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TooManyUzukis posted:

Lalafell are never sexualized in FFXIV. Tera heavily sexualizes its tiny race, and it's creepy as hell. Spend about 5 seconds googling it and you'll see.

This is why I like Momodi. She makes her jokes but it never feels creepy or sexualized in that regard. Just some cheeky joking.

TERA does have more cool corgi people with polearms than FFXIV, but I don't think that is enough to overcome the Elin. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
hmm yes

pedophilia is bad guys

*posts pictures of sexualized little girls in thread that doesn't have pictures of sexualized little girls*

• Locked thread