Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

How many months did a ~legit MARSOC operator~ start the Marine thread here?

:synpa:

-A SOF Marine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

So you post in the resource thread that you are 19d (cav), give yourself an infantry AV, get called out on it, and respond with v:)v

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Internet Wizard posted:

How many months did a ~legit MARSOC operator~ start the Marine thread here?

A sincere desire to make the Marine thread is a sure sign that something is amiss.

We went without one for most of the year.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The post-war drawdown and sequestration cut the Marine thread right out of the posting budget

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

zombie303 posted:

So you post in the resource thread that you are 19d (cav), give yourself an infantry AV, get called out on it, and respond with v:)v

To be fair, the infantry crossed rifles are old flintlocks, while he has crossed lever actions that were frequently used by cavalry at the end of the 19th century.

Which probably means nothing.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I thought the pink rifles was a way to say the military is gay but what's even gayer is giving a poo poo in the first place about an Internet avatar.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm spicy guacamole

A gay avatar haver

Current events thread

Zeris fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 26, 2014

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
http://news.yahoo.com/soldiers-spend-thanksgiving-ebola-isolation-185929739.html

Welp there's nothing about this that doesn't suck.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's not really an infantry av. It was previously just one rifle, but I added a second after getting banned or something.

Also, it's not even a rifle, it's a Daisy.

e:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 26, 2014

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I can not tell you how loving angry I would be to have enlisted to Serve My Country, just to be sent off to be a tent greeter for ebola ridden savages in some hell hole that is less evolved than the loving island from Jurassic Park.

I can not tell you because there is not a word in the English language capable of expressing that amount of rage.

Then tell me "Eh, gently caress your Thanksgiving, have hospital food. LoL THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.".

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Spicy Guacamole posted:

It's not really an infantry av. It was previously just one rifle, but I added a second after getting banned or something.

Also, it's not even a rifle, it's a Daisy.

e:

I apologize for overreacting. I'm fuckng gay.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Very. Anyone concerned about infantry or cav is gay.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
We're all gay, brother. We all are.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Truth.

Namaste.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
from the police reform thread...

The Ender posted:

In an actual war zone - as I understand it - soldiers facing almost certainly armed & hostile belligerents often have to ask for permission before they can engage with lethal force.

I don't think it's too much to give put at least that same amount of space between a police officer and their right / ability to deploy a weapon. It's not like they're dying in droves out there or like the average beat cop is infiltrating warehouses full of armed mooks.

:confused:

Guess every ROE brief I gave on US policy supporting the soldier's inherent right to self defense was incorrect.

I suppose if I told him about the authorization for use of deadly force in defense of mission essential equipment his head would explode.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There's infantry, and everything else is support. Heh. :smug:

Get away from my tank, knuckle dragger. Warming yourself up in the exhaust makes you weak.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I swear that GiP is the only forum where people can actually say "oh poo poo, sorry dude, I was wrong" and people act like sensible humans about it.

I love you faggots, each and every one of you.

Also, someone ran over some protesters in Minnesota because apparently the way to be mad about something in Missouri is disrupt traffic in Minneapolis?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3631519.shtml

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's infantry, and everything else is support. Heh. :smug:

Get away from my tank, knuckle dragger. Warming yourself up in the exhaust makes you weak.

And gives you cancer.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Booblord Zagats posted:

I swear that GiP is the only forum where people can actually say "oh poo poo, sorry dude, I was wrong" and people act like sensible humans about it.

It also seems to be the only forum in which people defer to a person's actual experience and possible subject matter expertise and recognize that actual training and real world experience trumps "I googled this."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

from the police reform thread...

:confused:

Guess every ROE brief I gave on US policy supporting the soldier's inherent right to self defense was incorrect.

I suppose if I told him about the authorization for use of deadly force in defense of mission essential equipment his head would explode.

I liked the one from the Brown thread where someone tried to say that the military was trained in deescalation.

I don't know if things changed after I got out or maybe I missed a briefing or 12. But the extent of deescalation was a few low level A10 fly bys. Which tended to quell violence, but I doubt in the manner they were insinuating.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Booblord Zagats posted:

I love you faggots, each and every one of you.

Also, someone ran over some protesters in Minnesota because apparently the way to be mad about something in Missouri is disrupt traffic in Minneapolis?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3631519.shtml

Good. gently caress you, idiots blocking the street because you don't care enough to do anything productive.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You know, they could've filed the paperwork to have the streets closed. But I guess illegally blocking the street works, too. Except for, you know, the fact that there's cars moving there.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

I liked the one from the Brown thread where someone tried to say that the military was trained in deescalation.

I don't know if things changed after I got out or maybe I missed a briefing or 12. But the extent of deescalation was a few low level A10 fly bys. Which tended to quell violence, but I doubt in the manner they were insinuating.

It really just makes my head hurt.

I am a prosecutor...who handles homicide cases in an extremely violent city with a high homicide rate (we're not triple digits anymore though, so yay!) and I used to be a JAG officer who regularly briefed special forces on rules of engagement, and was adjunct faculty for DIILS.

despite this, I am not qualified to opine on SA about either the criminal justice system or the use of military force because it is different than what someone said in a blog somewhere.

It's not an appeal to your own authority if...you know...you're actually an authority...

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

I swear that GiP is the only forum where people can actually say "oh poo poo, sorry dude, I was wrong"

I did this in DND. I admitted I was wrong. They didn't really care and they responded to it the same as if I had continued to disagree.

They can't take yes for an answer.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cole posted:

I did this in DND. I admitted I was wrong. They didn't really care and they responded to it the same as if I had continued to disagree.

They can't take yes for an answer.

Yeah, I read that exchange. :wtc:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Well, you know. Facts and all that.

I am guessing its because we got an "education" from "the Man" and let me tell you about how it really is because I read on tumblr

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bolow posted:

It's been awhile since I got marched to the gas chamber like shim's grandparents but isn't CS gas yellowish in the first place? Like it's super loving obvious when it's being used?

Yeah, but older streetlights are yellow so smoke and gas both look yellow under it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

You know, they could've filed the paperwork to have the streets closed. But I guess illegally blocking the street works, too. Except for, you know, the fact that there's cars moving there.

Dude stopped because he didn't want to hit anyone and then a bunch of people piled up on his car. I'd have hit the gas too.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Didn't people get all sorts of REAL MAD about how the US treated some Norwegian who did basically the same exact thing and killed a girl in Arizona or something like that?

God drat it, I really don't want to google that poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Zeroisanumber posted:

Dude stopped because he didn't want to hit anyone and then a bunch of people piled up on his car. I'd have hit the gas too.

Seriously they drag people out and beat them to death in the street, poo poo loving happens.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ActusRhesus posted:

It really just makes my head hurt.

I am a prosecutor...who handles homicide cases in an extremely violent city with a high homicide rate (we're not triple digits anymore though, so yay!) and I used to be a JAG officer who regularly briefed special forces on rules of engagement, and was adjunct faculty for DIILS.

despite this, I am not qualified to opine on SA about either the criminal justice system or the use of military force because it is different than what someone said in a blog somewhere.

It's not an appeal to your own authority if...you know...you're actually an authority...

Should have just said you got all your stuff from Wikipedia. Its the Brown Moses way!

So Healthcare.gov is actually working if any one else needs to use it for health insurance. Same rules apply from last year, don't visit it from noon from 3 pm EST due to heavy load. (Every one loves to visit it during lunch for some reason).

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I just asked if anyone has actually read the (now publicly available) transcripts. Actual response:

no one is going to and no one needs to.

WHY WOULD I POSSIBLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY WAS SAID BEFORE FORMING AN OPINION ABOUT IT?

I just...I can't...

I hate this planet.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

I just asked if anyone has actually read the (now publicly available) transcripts. Actual response:

no one is going to and no one needs to.

WHY WOULD I POSSIBLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY WAS SAID BEFORE FORMING AN OPINION ABOUT IT?

I just...I can't...

I hate this planet.

I think its time we just walk away from that thread.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I am not exaggerating when I tell you that the overwhelming majority of them have crippling psychiatric conditions(e/n rules its a great forum) and are retail or unemployed.

Its not worth your time.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

the irony, of course, being that, while I am loathe to use the social-justice warrior catchphrase "your privilege is showing," the fact they live in a world where cops's lives are never threatened and suspects are never violent is the biggest display of privilege I've ever seen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every now and then I'll have a huge lapse in judgement and do a short effortpost on something small in another subforum. It will then get quoted and argued back and fourth for no reason.

I posted in the OSHA thread about how mine removal works and how vulnerable tanks are to IEDs. You know, because I did mine removal in Korea and counter-IED stuff in Iraq. Cue two pages of derails, including someone that links an official army publication stating how tanks were the greatest thing during the initial invasion of Iraq. Yes, thank you for proving that of the roughly 9 year conflict, tanks were great in the initial 2 weeks.

loving goons.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

It was that time a while ago.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The best part of that thread ended months ago. The second-best part was when n4i locked it. Hell, even Xanadu locked it later on and that guy puts up with almost anything.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You should just not read it given that I caught one of the most prolific posters lying about a supposed encounter with the KKK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea didnt he say he almost got lured into the car and get disappeared by the KKK. And you said you were with him all day lol.

• Locked thread