Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Squidster posted:

Bird cafe is pretty dang cute. Is it an ongoing manga now?

According to comments on that page, it won some newbie award and will now be a monthly publication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I just realized the faces on Satan's collar match his face. That manga is amazing.

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic

DrSunshine posted:

I've just read all 5 chapters of this, and oh my god, it's the most hilarious goddamn thing. It perfectly fits "surreal" and "daily life". You guys gotta read this, it's like "Sumire" meets "Pokemon".

this is drat good!

.Clash posted:

Bird Cafe! Yep.

Read the ch.0 oneshot afterwards.

omg......

mrhotdogvendor fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 25, 2014

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I might be the only one reading it but Hirameki Hatsume-Chan has had four new chapters since the last time it was mentioned in the thread.

Gloomy Rube fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 25, 2014

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Here's a pretty amusing SoL manga ft. a salaryman and his lazy sister http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Himouto-Umaru-chan

coathat
May 21, 2007

Umaru-chan is a bad manga.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Phobophilia posted:

Here's a pretty amusing SoL manga ft. a salaryman and his lazy sister http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Himouto-Umaru-chan

Not really surreal though, and the gimmick gets old fast. Pass.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Fellis posted:

Not really surreal though, and the gimmick gets old fast. Pass.

If only she were something else, like a puppet operated by a 50 year old man in black pyjamas.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

If only she were something else, like a puppet operated by a 50 year old man in black pyjamas.

Or some sort of crazy psychic that bends her yakuza guardian to her will

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
Dead Dead Demons dedededestruction Chapter 12 & Chapter 13

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Fellis posted:

Or some sort of crazy psychic that bends her yakuza guardian to her will

I got his reference but not yours what manga are you talking about?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Krinkle posted:

I got his reference but not yours what manga are you talking about?
Hina Matsuri

It's mentioned in the first post. It's good stuff.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Oh he described it weird. She doesn't psychically control him. He kicked her out like three times already. Only pity lets her back in his apartment.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

You can call it pity, but we all know that Hina is a mastermind who is an expert at hiding her true nature :colbert:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Here's a new Nanige. In this chapter it finally drops the pretense of being a comedy and embraces its true form as a battle manga :black101:

Actually its not a battle manga. It's a manga about delicious home-made pudding.

coathat
May 21, 2007

This is extremely good. http://bato.to/read/_/287436/the-dragons-seven-adorable-children_v1_ch5_by_blue-flor

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

I don't know why you linked to Chapter 5, but yeah, this is great. I really like those stories where it's normal life + 1 thing that's different.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

"Dragon's Children" is awesome, and has a really lovely art style.

Zaix10!: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zai-x-10/Ch-031--Handbag-Snatching-Arc?id=214437

Action girl!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Oh he described it weird. She doesn't psychically control him. He kicked her out like three times already. Only pity lets her back in his apartment.

It isn't even pity. Nitta is just a huge pushover in every aspect of his life and always has been.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Seki-kun - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tonari-no-Seki-kun/Vol-005-Ch-068--068th-Period?id=214832

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yokoi worrying about Seki's looks and then trying to get close to his sister :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Well geez, they're already acting like a married couple! Yokoi's fate is sealed.

New Centaur's Worries. Let's learn about plants with the tiny baby centaurs and angels! :3:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Crosspostin' this from the Convince thread cause I think it fits.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Old Man Frog is a heartwarming 4koma manga about a troubled young boy and his old man frog. Also there's a fly girl and her fly dad.

I feel like this has probably been (or at least should have been) posted in this thread before but I just can't remember seeing it.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Please read it legally. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/113/

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That's our coathat, resident anime police officer, making sure everyone stays right by the letter of the law when enjoying manga! :tipshat:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
This site actually lets me read that manga, which is clear proof that it isn't legal.
The horrendously bad website design won't fool me.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's fun and easy to obey the laws of God and man while supporting the hardworking creators and translators who make manga possible.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im not going to do that because im an irl anime delinquent

this is me:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

this is me:

I'm IRL Mechazawa.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

coathat posted:

It's fun and easy to obey the laws of God and man while supporting the hardworking creators and translators who make manga possible.

I don't know, I think it's pretty hard to be a manga fan without breaking at least a few of god's laws.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

coathat posted:

Nothing about that unsorted, un-indexed, giant-tiled abomination of a web site is fun or easy.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Your supposed to click the banner at the top and download the app to you phone or tablet instead of reading it on your computer like a Neanderthal.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Kissmanga loads the entire comic on one page and keeps it in the memory in case you want to click the back button so after a few issues suddenly one chrome tab is eating up two gigs of ram and my right mouse button doesn't open context menus on ANY tab until I close the kissmanga one. What's his reason that kissmanga is bad?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

coathat posted:

Your supposed to click the banner at the top and download the app to you phone or tablet instead of reading it on your computer like a Neanderthal.

The app that doesn't even have the earlier issues. In fact, as far as I know there are NO legal way to view those earlier issues. Unless I'm missing some purchase link or something.

Plus there aren't many websites that actively force you to view it on a mobile app for the best results. Even LINE's webtoon site fixed it so comics display better on a PC. I mean, I'm all for mobile compatibility, it's the wave of the future. But forced mobile usage is just... peculiar. As are many things about that site in general.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I'm not advocating illegal stuff, just saying that Manga Box is funky in general. Just as easy to not even bother with the comics on the site which is a pity really.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 9, 2014

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Cake Attack posted:

this is me:

How many times have I told you not to do things that are bad for the industry

I don't care if you get probated, but who's going to support that author of yours? have you thought about that

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

I'm not buying a phone or tablet just to read manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am going to pirate manga, and there's nothing forums poster coathat can do to stop me

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im pirating manga right now.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

coathat posted:

I'll modify my statement: There is nothing easy or fun about using that site/service in any capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

This week, my pet demon king wants to change professions!!

• Locked thread