Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

KingFisher posted:

Btw newbie bard running around near qeynos if any of you cool dudes are around.

gently caress, sorry man. I was too busy with smash bros and forgot to log in. I'll be around tonight, for real. I'll even more my wizard to Qeynos with the gear right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Hexel posted:

Heres a simple question that I'm having a hard time finding answers for: if I just started a semi-twinked monk and I have a Trance stick is it better to wield that and plain fists? Or try to find a H2H to dual wield with the Trance stick?
To figure out what is best, here is a spreadsheet that you can use to compare DW vs. 2hb and/or two different weapon setups. It's based on a sheet some other guy on the P99 forums made, and I made it "double up" for comparision purposes. It starts at level 25.

Basically enter the damage/delay (potentially hasted) in the blue and green cells at the top, then view the results in the rows below. The DPS number is just for comparing, you will do more than 2 damage per second in reality of course.

https://docs.google.com/a/almx.dk/spreadsheets/d/1MZKvuv9VcUVJEUtKLPFLl7K7aNtps91e0njO0wM-8MU/edit#gid=0

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Yeah agatha should be on most of the day, I might take a nap in a few. We only have one officer tagged for invites(druid to port wherever for invite) so soon as vapo gets on that can be done. As far as GW currently goes, we are indeed focusing on finishing up the new recruits getting 60 and getting their epics finished while we MQ the hard parts. Basically 60 -> vp key -> raids in between. Some of the new recruits still need planar gear, hate mostly(cleric/rogue/war certain pieces etc). We want to focus on building with what we have, people getting used to playing with each other in groups and learning to pvp as a group/raid.

As far as monk weapons go for starting off, I have used an RFS for each new monk leveled up. They are beyond sweet 19/20 with dragon haste, and work amazingly well up til about 45-50 especially for pvp. I kept mine from when I first started on the server(traded a bracer of the hidden I got when I was a poor noob for it) and have never thought of selling it since, only goes up in price too i would think. But I guess its not in everyones reach, Blue might have way more of them though I don't know. From personal experience I always found pre epic that dw 1hb like wu stick/ada club or ada club/sos worked very well for dps and if you wanted to go 2h dps a peacebringer or wu's quivering worked good if you don't have a tstaff. IFS is horrible for dps, just good for crunching in PVP.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pwnz0r posted:

Yeah agatha should be on most of the day, I might take a nap in a few. We only have one officer tagged for invites(druid to port wherever for invite) so soon as vapo gets on that can be done. As far as GW currently goes, we are indeed focusing on finishing up the new recruits getting 60 and getting their epics finished while we MQ the hard parts. Basically 60 -> vp key -> raids in between. Some of the new recruits still need planar gear, hate mostly(cleric/rogue/war certain pieces etc). We want to focus on building with what we have, people getting used to playing with each other in groups and learning to pvp as a group/raid.

This sounds excellent to me. I'm 99% into 56, when I get some time this weekend (wooo.. family cross state and a holiday work schedule) I'll be around to get 60. Likely could do it this weekend even.

Also, I'm going to begin tracking Phinny if anyone needs something off him on red. I need to grab his backbone, so anything other than that we'll form a group around it and try keeping the timer.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Been awhile since I logged in; pretty much have to accept I don't have the time necessary to get anything done in EQ. I was trying to do the log in for 30 minute chunks per day but that's barely enough time to get in a group let alone gain any xp or do a camp. Basically just posting to say I'm getting my nostalgia fix via the posts of this thread, so more cool stories please!

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Backbone is probably one of the more annoying parts, But as long as you do him daily or 2x daily you get it eventually. There is usually a good amount of interest in him because of wizards also wanting it, Agatha did it alot on his mage to help out and we picked up a blue diamond rod + backbone. I was gonna save the backbone for my bard, but since he is on the same account as my monk I opted against putting an epic on him and have since left him as a naggy vox resist song bitch. Sold the backbone + werewolf head MQ to some low level bard that got his epic and haven't seen him around at all now, wonder if he RMT'd or just up and quit. When I think of all the items like manastones and pot bound/guised level 1s just standing around never to be used again makes me qq. Nizzar had like 30 manastones and even more fungis he got banned, I know other people had similar 15-20 MS's.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

To figure out what is best, here is a spreadsheet that you can use to compare DW vs. 2hb and/or two different weapon setups. It's based on a sheet some other guy on the P99 forums made, and I made it "double up" for comparision purposes. It starts at level 25.

Basically enter the damage/delay (potentially hasted) in the blue and green cells at the top, then view the results in the rows below. The DPS number is just for comparing, you will do more than 2 damage per second in reality of course.

https://docs.google.com/a/almx.dk/spreadsheets/d/1MZKvuv9VcUVJEUtKLPFLl7K7aNtps91e0njO0wM-8MU/edit#gid=0

This is perfect. I'm just gonna mainhand my Trance stick until 20 and then look at getting another weapon to DW or a 2 hander. I had started a druid and played that up until 24 when I realized I spent most of my time melee'ing or meditating so I said gently caress this poo poo and liquidated his gear and rolled a monk. So I was able to afford a Trance stick and some curscale pieces. This drat weight thing is killing me though, I'm sitting at 14 stones right now and am afraid to loot anything :smith:

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

onesixtwo posted:

gently caress, sorry man. I was too busy with smash bros and forgot to log in. I'll be around tonight, for real. I'll even more my wizard to Qeynos with the gear right now.

Alright, no worries appreciate the effort! I will be around tonight the same time 9:30 PST
Also a kind sir ported me to Gfay so If that works better I hear more folks are located there?

Leut

KingFisher fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 26, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Hexel posted:

This is perfect. I'm just gonna mainhand my Trance stick until 20 and then look at getting another weapon to DW or a 2 hander. I had started a druid and played that up until 24 when I realized I spent most of my time melee'ing or meditating so I said gently caress this poo poo and liquidated his gear and rolled a monk. So I was able to afford a Trance stick and some curscale pieces. This drat weight thing is killing me though, I'm sitting at 14 stones right now and am afraid to loot anything :smith:
Don't worry. Quoting myself from something I posted on the P99 forums:

quote:

Fact is that a new untwinked monk needs money, badly. You have to save weapons, items, and looted money in order to gear up. This will continue for many, many levels.

Around level 25 I did some testing to see how bad the weight AC penalty is. Going over 15 weight it starts out at fairly heavy penalty, losing 3-4 displayed AC per weight point. At 30 weight though, I started only losing roughly 1 AC per 3 weight over.

The reality is that with a Wu's staff (or other heavy weapons), a load of looted coin and gear on you, and relatively heavy bags like Burlap Sack and Evil Eye bag, you will probably be at a minimum of 30-35 weight always when you're out hunting. You can also fight just fine this way. You can also equip relatively heavy items such as Lockjaw Hide Vest, Lumberjack Cap, Drolvarg Mantle and even Iksar Scaled Gloves, because the AC penalty will be outweight by the item's AC (in most cases anyway).

Thus, the best thing is to just ignore the weight and loot up, only heading for merchants and banks when you are encumbered and lose agility, where your run speed will begin to suffer.
The exception to this is if you're wealthy already, then there's no real reason to loot heavy weapons and run to the merchant, and you can destroy coins as you go. I myself love inventory and money management in MMORPGs, so I don't mind at all. :)

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Pwnz0r posted:

As far as monk weapons go for starting off, I have used an RFS for each new monk leveled up. They are beyond sweet 19/20 with dragon haste, and work amazingly well up til about 45-50 especially for pvp. I kept mine from when I first started on the server(traded a bracer of the hidden I got when I was a poor noob for it) and have never thought of selling it since, only goes up in price too i would think. But I guess its not in everyones reach, Blue might have way more of them though I don't know. From personal experience I always found pre epic that dw 1hb like wu stick/ada club or ada club/sos worked very well for dps and if you wanted to go 2h dps a peacebringer or wu's quivering worked good if you don't have a tstaff. IFS is horrible for dps, just good for crunching in PVP.

I've also decided to make the plunge. I'll send you a message later today in game.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Pilsner posted:

Don't worry. Quoting myself from something I posted on the P99 forums:

The exception to this is if you're wealthy already, then there's no real reason to loot heavy weapons and run to the merchant, and you can destroy coins as you go. I myself love inventory and money management in MMORPGs, so I don't mind at all. :)

I don't know how true it actually is, but I've seen 8 or 10 different discussions while poking around that AC isn't as effective on P99 as it was on Live anyway. My compromise is to destroy all my copper and ignore it otherwise aside from selling as often as I can

^^^ Peacebringer will destroy Quivering Staff DPS 20+, but the Quivering is so ungodly cheap on blue that it's dumb not to buy one and use it if you're on a pretty strict budget

Edit - late last night I was killing wisps with a girl who was streaming it and loving Siglemic showed up at like 4am and chilled with us :allears:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 27, 2014

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Why can't I ever stay away from this game. I haven't played for about a year, but I've had the itch to come back. I have a 24 bard, 25 monk, and 41 mage on blue, with more desire to play the monk and bard. Did they ever fix bard kiting? Last time I played most mobs had really far attack range which made swarm kiting super dangerous.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Bybus Slago posted:

Why can't I ever stay away from this game. I haven't played for about a year, but I've had the itch to come back. I have a 24 bard, 25 monk, and 41 mage on blue, with more desire to play the monk and bard. Did they ever fix bard kiting? Last time I played most mobs had really far attack range which made swarm kiting super dangerous.

you need to strafe run. mobs will always hit further in a straight line than you can outrun them. you strafe run and they can't touch you. this means move forward and hold strafe left / right depending on how you hang.

also swarm kiting is always super dangerous... that kinda what happens when you kite half the zone. you get hit? you die.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

This is not correct. It can't possibly be. It has offhand doing half the DPS of main hand at 25 and there's no freakin way you dual wield enough of the time by then to do half the dps of main hand when main gets double attack too. Using the main EQEmu code base calculation gets you 30% dual wield at level 25 then you have to add mainhand dps on top from double attack.

Sorry bout math-spergin' over this, I just think it's fun and want to see what Pilsner thinks :shobon:

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Ok. Finally found a character I like: Avalok, currently level 12 enchanter on Blue. Just finished my first run of the Stein of Moggok quest and trying to sell CB belts and pads to make spell money.

Anyone know any casual fun guilds? I'm not into raiding. Just want people to chat with while I run around doing nothing.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

onesixtwo posted:

you need to strafe run. mobs will always hit further in a straight line than you can outrun them. you strafe run and they can't touch you. this means move forward and hold strafe left / right depending on how you hang.

also swarm kiting is always super dangerous... that kinda what happens when you kite half the zone. you get hit? you die.

The dying part doesn't bother me that much, I ate plenty of dirt when I learned how to do it back on live. I'll probably need to change up my keybindings to be able to kite that way without twisting my hand into a pretzel.

Does anyone have a good zone suggestion where to practice this at 24?

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Alright I am back in will be all night let me know cool dudes.

In crushbone now with my bro ganu

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

Bybus Slago posted:

The dying part doesn't bother me that much, I ate plenty of dirt when I learned how to do it back on live. I'll probably need to change up my keybindings to be able to kite that way without twisting my hand into a pretzel.

You can try aviaks in SK.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Bybus Slago posted:

I think on Bardburt I went to LOIO. You could zone in from FV and head right. There is a field there with lots of skellies that would be good to kite down. If those are too low, head left to the windmill. grab all the skellies and iksar between the windmill and sarnak fort and drag them back to a set of ruins where icebones and such spawn next to the windmil. You can do that to 30 or 31, then head to OT until the late 40's.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

This is not correct. It can't possibly be. It has offhand doing half the DPS of main hand at 25 and there's no freakin way you dual wield enough of the time by then to do half the dps of main hand when main gets double attack too. Using the main EQEmu code base calculation gets you 30% dual wield at level 25 then you have to add mainhand dps on top from double attack.

Sorry bout math-spergin' over this, I just think it's fun and want to see what Pilsner thinks :shobon:
I think nothing to be honest, I just figured I'd rather trust the spreadsheet than my random gut feeling. You make a point, although don't forget that Monk DW is unnaturally high, and according to the spreadsheet the skill cap is 182 at level 25. Looking at the spreadsheet formula it then adds your level (25) to that number (= 207) and divides the number by 400 in order to get the DW chance, which then would be 0,5175. Whether that's correct or not, I haven't researched further, but reading the P1999 forum threads about the spreadsheet (and handy PDF chart - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLk00fzuQQMcElKYTJtaGVsanM - related thread) I haven't found any reason to doubt it.

Since the hands work independently of eachother, the double attack shouldn't really factor into it, since it scales accordingly.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
poo poo I had to split in a hurry last night, sorry Pwnz0r. I think I was able to put a line in TS chat saying I had to go but that was it, just so ya know that's not usually my style.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

I think nothing to be honest, I just figured I'd rather trust the spreadsheet than my random gut feeling. You make a point, although don't forget that Monk DW is unnaturally high, and according to the spreadsheet the skill cap is 182 at level 25. Looking at the spreadsheet formula it then adds your level (25) to that number (= 207) and divides the number by 400 in order to get the DW chance, which then would be 0,5175. Whether that's correct or not, I haven't researched further, but reading the P1999 forum threads about the spreadsheet (and handy PDF chart - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLk00fzuQQMcElKYTJtaGVsanM - related thread) I haven't found any reason to doubt it.

Since the hands work independently of eachother, the double attack shouldn't really factor into it, since it scales accordingly.

It's 600, not 400, in the Emu code base, which is what makes the difference. I dunno what it is on P99 though, just looked through the available code. I'm gonna try parsing it soon when I hit 25 just out of curiosity

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Where did you find 600? I searched a bit and found this (code I downloaded two weeks ago):
code:
DualWieldProbability = (GetSkill(SkillDualWield) + GetLevel() + Ambidexterity) / 400.0f; // 78.0 max
It's in \zone\client_process.cpp

Also, just poking around the EQEmu source code heh:
code:
		case DUAL_WIELD: {
			switch (class_) {
				// Melee
				case MONK: case MONKGM:{
				// 1 252 252
					r_value = level*7;  // This can't be right can it?
					break
Can it? I hope not.

Looking at the source code in general there also seems to be a ridiculous amount of rules hardcoded that clearly should be data-driven. Not to rat on the huge work it must have involved, but drat it must be hell to work with. Just something as fundamental as Bind Wound heal values and how Monks can BW to 70% above 200 skill is hardcoded.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

I'm gonna hang around this weekend on Red while Blue is down. I created an Iksar necro named Goontoon but I've literally never PVPed before so tell me if I screwed up / please don't kill me.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
As a new iksar on red, if your around the starting area FoB etc you should not run into any pvp action. I just made a 4th monk whos currently only level 5 there, got him setup with rfs/fungi/jboots/cof etc. Haven't had much time to play him but when I do ill shout the zone to make a group, can solo reds np and even though its 6% a kill it will be way better with a partner for the bonus. Crushbone is popping off atm, with level 50-60 pvp going on all over killing people PLing new blue players, and fungi twinks of all ranges. I personally had to go kill a fungi shaman, fungi warrior and some random wizard who kept pell bombing me while on my 12 paladin. Between bash, and blind landing over half the time at low levels its amazing.

New to pvp its hard to 'screw up' honestly, Most new players either wont even have the plat to afford to carry pumices/crim pots on them pre 40-50 let alone know to. I must say though one of the best changes they did to red was make the 4 level range, Has helped a lot of people exp up easier so 60s can no longer touch level 52s. Once you hit 56 your in the free-kill range pretty much. My SK is a few % away from 56 but I think I will keep him 55 until im reading to make the grind to 59 or 60 and or secure and epic. Sucks since steelskin is 56 and I missed out on the last 2 sword of riles so I never got a chance to get one on my SK though he has all the other VP weapons.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I logged into the beta on sirduh. These huge zones suck rear end.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Yeah they do for sure, I am currently in sleepers tomb poopsocking it up with a ton of bluebies. Killed first warder got some primal, gnome mask etc with about 80 people. So I assume a well organized raid could do this with 40 or so atleast. Playing a bard and I suck @ 60 bard let alone barely knowing what to play for resists since the one we killed was a mez breath ae silence one, once one landed it was virtually impossible to get more then 1 song rolling every 20 sec.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
So it looks like most high level goons have joined Gods Work? I have not been able to play lately due to the holidays and also had some interviews I had to travel for. As long has there are no poopsocking requirements to join I would be interested in joining Gods Work as well. I just go through periods of high to very low activity but do try and make it to important scheduled events when I am active.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hey Onesix, I am on now will you be around tonight?

Thanks!

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm rolling up a new ranger right now for shits and giggles in gfay area. If anyone can tag weedgoku send me a tell. Also might as well buy him a silver swiftblade and some banded if anyone has basic ranger crap laying around. I figure half of the pre-planar gear is the same as my bard so I can just xfer stuff between these chars.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Ehhhh so I think I'm just gonna go play Azeroth instead. It was nice scratching the nostalgia itch but that red server pop is hella :negative:

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Its understandable, Even though red population has gone up in the last few months. It needs a solid 600-800 players average to be a great server thriving with pvp. The way it currently is, Once you get to the 50+ range you have to take sides basically. And most people don't make it to 60 unless they have a huge immersion level to play or lots of free time despite the huge exp bonus, part of this due to finding a group. GW runs a group every night generally, helped by out of group healer/buffers etc. Holocaust has taken to sneaking into the hole, chardok and sometimes howling stones in order to get exp. I think our biggest mistake was the weeks of alliance we wasted while dozens of them farmed VP keys freely, got exp under our protection and such only to turn their backs. Except now they realize just how hard it is when your being hunted, All of their officers log on and off right before and after each raid. Leaves the non 60s to fend for themselves, Other go and farm plat loots. A lot of their core members that make up the neckbeards are angry atm over what happened between our 2 guilds because some of us are friends and ex guildies so most of them won't fight.

But anyway if azeroth gets boring im sure red will always be around =) With the addition of forced beta testing for blue(which kind of shows you the REAL number of players blue has) Despite people 'not wanting' to play because of this and that bs, When blue has a pop of 800 im sure about 100 of those are semi AFK in EC auctioning. Another 200-300 possible boxes with maybe a average active population of 500 unique players. The forced beta has given a lot of people from blue to come over and try out red, lowbie pvp can be fun but its not for everyone. Been having to run off level 10-20 fungi twinks out of crushbone constantly, Even make new characters just to be in range.

Anyway the only real hope for a bigger pop is velious release and or some sort of way for blue players who want to leave or potentially come to red to have some sort of /copy function that would copy their character over and make all current gear nodrop with some sort of token/credit maybe that can be used to fund pumices/crim pots/peridots and other reagents a new player would come over with. Or just make them buy it before they copy over =P. That being said im still having a great time on red, Probably the best thing to ever happen was nihilum being disbanded.

I played WoW up until the last 2 weeks before cataclysm ended, and while it was fun. I just don't quite have that itch to go anywhere near WoW again. I still login diablo 3 once and a while to mess around but thats about it. Only way I might ever touch WoW again is if I up and quit red which I don't see happening in the near future.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah you've hit the nail on the head, really. When it comes to the choice between blue and red, red is a no brainer given the ridiculous raid scheduling rotation bullshit over on blue. That said, red is full of animosity generated by two or three years of the same 200 players cycling in and out of various guilds. Like you said, you then have no choice but to pick a side. That dynamic makes it impossible for there to be "second tier" guilds - you're either one of the top dogs, or you're a feeder guild for the top dogs. Honestly one of the best things that could happen to red is for some of the real basket cases to just quit playing, but that'll never happen. If like you said they someday end up with 600-800 players, I could see room opening up for second tier guilds. Velious should alleviate that somewhat, given that there's just SO many targets it'll be impossible for two top guilds to keep it all locked down every week.

If anything I'll be back after spring semester when I can really strap on my poopsock and go loving ape!

e: also I know it's not classic but they need to put in soulbinders, translocators at the docks, and lift the kunark-era restrictions on succor/evac. FFS at least half the people playing are adults with jobs, families, lives, etc who just don't want to piss around taking an hour getting to and from places.

e: Yevea I haven't forgotten about your Ragebringer MQ. I'm not uninstalling, so if you want to schedule a time over winter break to do generals (Any time after Dec 12th for me) we can do that, or hit me up on Steam and I'll give you the account info under the explicit condition that you never ever ever share it with anybody else, period.

Hesh Ballantine fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 30, 2014

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Found I have a 15 Shaman on red from when the server first opened. In a mishmash of cloth and banded with a cracked staff. If anyone wants to group up or help out let me know. Name is Tictac. Currently in Innothule Swamp.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dammit, when you really get the itch to play this game and the servers are down it's the worst!

Fiending hard guys.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
If I were to roll a toon on Red (never played pvp) is there any requests to classes to try and level up? I've got some free time on my hands and was thinking Shammy, Mage, Chanter, or Necro. Any advice? Reading the thread, it seems as though I should avoid gfay. Is there any support structure for newbies through a goon guild? I haven't played in many years.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Mourne I would hold off rolling on red for the time being, A lot of new mechanics were changed especially in PVP. Melee hitboxes are a joke currently, It is nearly impossible to backstab moving targets unless they get hit by a windstriker to be stunned in place for 1-6 seconds or tstaff similar. Jousting with a 2h alone is annoying enough, Maybe just takes getting used to new hitbox sizes but personally I think they made them way too small. Did hours of testing today on various characters including my own geared, and some beta buffed. a AON wizard double shrunk vs any pure melee/hybrid = GG due to yonder etc and the fact dropping nukes have no hitboxes and being hit as a 1 inch skeleton is like swatting a fly with a tooth pick. If no changes are made to the hitbox, add in the current dot counter patch changes necro could very well be one of the strongest classes on the server now next to epic mage pets(run at selos speed with velocity, they are pets so have 0 issue with hitboxes and decimate anyone they are on) The only problem currently is according to notes ANY charm casted on a pet will insta-kill it. So bards/ench can depop a mage epic pet in mere seconds.

I went 18/0 on my SK vs monk/ranger/rogues/war classes and 90% of it was mostly fungi regen + vampiric curse recourse/damage, the occasional swing and epic soul consumption proc dmg/heal and asytole whittling away at the persons health. Iksar monks took slightly longer due to their regeneration innate + fungi but no difference, They simply cannot hit you unless you stop and cast. The changes made to AC seem pretty huge, getting hit for a lot less damage too but doesn't do much good considering hitbox change. The gamma change or whatever they did is completely awful too. I hope this was some sort of 'rough test' and they are working to revise/fix many things.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mourne posted:

If I were to roll a toon on Red (never played pvp) is there any requests to classes to try and level up? I've got some free time on my hands and was thinking Shammy, Mage, Chanter, or Necro. Any advice? Reading the thread, it seems as though I should avoid gfay. Is there any support structure for newbies through a goon guild? I haven't played in many years.

Goon guild just went through drama as a bunch of people split off to pursue guilds they could actually, feasibly raid in - but /who all slamdunkatron and you'll see anyone online, most of us can set you up with some basic plat for spells or a handful of newbie items. (also ignore pwnz0r telling you not to roll as he is in like the .01% of the highest-end of the server)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's pretty messed up, drat.

(btw are you agatha did I recall reading?)

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

The gamma change is pretty god drat dumb. Makes the whole UI darker, and even my actual desktop.

Switching the nvidia control panel to use control panel-controlled colour settings instead of application-controlled removes it, but it better be a bug.

• Locked thread