Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Equine Don posted:

You should just not read it given that I caught one of the most prolific posters lying about a supposed encounter with the KKK.

that was totally true man.

and said poster is now mad that I suggested reading the transcript is a better way to know what a witness said than reading a summary on SA...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
poo poo I'm posting about that thread here again my bad.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea me too actually sorry. Saw this in the news today: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30200222

Pakistan loving hates polio workers

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

I swear that GiP is the only forum where people can actually say "oh poo poo, sorry dude, I was wrong" and people act like sensible humans about it.

I love you faggots, each and every one of you.

Also, someone ran over some protesters in Minnesota because apparently the way to be mad about something in Missouri is disrupt traffic in Minneapolis?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3631519.shtml
They were quieter up here in my neck of the woods but still held a rally. Apparently Michael Brown is the same thing as when a cop punched some Native American guy out of his wheelchair at the drunk tank a couple years ago. The cop was fired.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Casimir Radon posted:

They were quieter up here in my neck of the woods but still held a rally. Apparently Michael Brown is the same thing as when a cop punched some Native American guy out of his wheelchair at the drunk tank a couple years ago. The cop was fired.

yuck.

I really have zero tolerance for police or prosecutor misconduct.

But there's a big difference between saying "police should be held accountable" with which I agree and "police are never actually in danger in their jobs and so they should have to keep their guns locked in the console" (which someone actually suggested.)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea me too actually sorry. Saw this in the news today: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30200222

Pakistan loving hates polio workers

I do a lot of volunteer work for a group that tries to get kids in the 3rd world vaccinated against deadly disease. Pakistan's cast-iron determination to see its kids spend their short lives inside of cast-iron lungs is one of the biggest hurdles that we have left to actually eradicating Polio outside of the laboratory.

Also, Pakistan's habit of sending its tinker-toy fanatics off to fight in other countries has spread Polio to Syria.

gently caress Pakistan, basically.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Here's a hint for all of you that are mad about anything said/posted in DnD

There is neither debate nor discussion going on in any of those threads. It is literally a bunch of community college drop outs who have been educated by Wikipedia just slap fighting as they try to pretend they have any manner of command over the English language. The total sum of DnD's debate skill is the same as a screaming Rhesus Monkey throwing its poo poo at the zoo keeper for taking away its favorite stuffed toy to clean the jizz off of it.

No one in DnD has any business debating or discussing anything of greater importance than the latest patch notes on World of Warcraft. They have created a loving human centipede/mobious strip of self fellating ideals that never ends, as they all recycle the jizz from one another in to protein in order to create more jizz. 90% of DnD are to the democrats what the Tea Party/Stormfront is to the republicans, a collection of loving reactionist morons who ruin everything the least bit decent and intelligent about those whom they are even tentatively associated with. The greatest favor that forum could do for this world and intelligent recourse is merge with TCC or TFR and come up with some kind of mass suicide plan that either ends with a market shortage of buckshot or heroin.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

a screaming Rhesus Monkey throwing its poo poo

:(

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I do a lot of volunteer work for a group that tries to get kids in the 3rd world vaccinated against deadly disease. Pakistan's cast-iron determination to see its kids spend their short lives inside of cast-iron lungs is one of the biggest hurdles that we have left to actually eradicating Polio outside of the laboratory.

While Pakistan is nowhere near passing the "actually gives a poo poo about its people's basic needs" test, I have to point out that western volunteers vaccinating poors is a cliche CIA plot for a reason (we actually did it).

Edit. You can google "CIA vaccination bin laden" for your preferred source

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/20/314231260/cia-says-it-will-no-longer-use-vaccine-programs-as-cover

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Booblord Zagats posted:

The greatest favor that forum could do for this world and intelligent recourse is merge with TCC or TFR and come up with some kind of mass suicide plan that either ends with a market shortage of buckshot or heroin.

Hahahahha wait - I used to post in TFR :smith: .

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's a hint for all of you that are mad about anything said/posted in DnD

There is neither debate nor discussion going on in any of those threads. It is literally a bunch of community college drop outs who have been educated by Wikipedia just slap fighting as they try to pretend they have any manner of command over the English language. The total sum of DnD's debate skill is the same as a screaming Rhesus Monkey throwing its poo poo at the zoo keeper for taking away its favorite stuffed toy to clean the jizz off of it.

No one in DnD has any business debating or discussing anything of greater importance than the latest patch notes on World of Warcraft. They have created a loving human centipede/mobious strip of self fellating ideals that never ends, as they all recycle the jizz from one another in to protein in order to create more jizz. 90% of DnD are to the democrats what the Tea Party/Stormfront is to the republicans, a collection of loving reactionist morons who ruin everything the least bit decent and intelligent about those whom they are even tentatively associated with. The greatest favor that forum could do for this world and intelligent recourse is merge with TCC or TFR and come up with some kind of mass suicide plan that either ends with a market shortage of buckshot or heroin.

Zeris posted:

While Pakistan is nowhere near passing the "actually gives a poo poo about its people's basic needs" test, I have to point out that western volunteers vaccinating poors is a cliche CIA plot for a reason (we actually did it).

Edit. You can google "CIA vaccination bin laden" for your preferred source

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/20/314231260/cia-says-it-will-no-longer-use-vaccine-programs-as-cover

Didn't they do this a lot in central/south America too? Or was that a book I read.

Its the CIA so chances are, they did.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
Yeah, this thread is great, it's refreshing to step out of D&D's groupthink and kick back and pre-game a grand jury with Race War chat or just chat about ebola-ridden savages.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Same case?

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/news/crime/Police-Expert-Jouippis-use-of-force-reasonable-233041571.html

quote:

After more than three hours of deliberation, a jury has found Duluth Police Officer Richard Jouppi not guilty of assault and disorderly conduct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTCI_NQhR2E

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ActusRhesus posted:

I just asked if anyone has actually read the (now publicly available) transcripts. Actual response:

no one is going to and no one needs to.

WHY WOULD I POSSIBLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY WAS SAID BEFORE FORMING AN OPINION ABOUT IT?

I just...I can't...

I hate this planet.

Small consolation it's thanksgiving tomorrow and they have to interact with their families. I like to think lots of sperged out "gently caress you dad" and "literally shaking" will occur.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

gfanikf posted:

Small consolation it's thanksgiving tomorrow and they have to interact with their families. I like to think lots of sperged out "gently caress you dad" and "literally shaking" will occur.

No kidding. It's kind of a shame that there's only this thread if we want to post about how upset those people get, honestly it would be cool if there was a whole forum where we could do that and be free of the groupthink.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maarek posted:

No kidding. It's kind of a shame that there's only this thread if we want to post about how upset those people get, honestly it would be cool if there was a whole forum where we could do that and be free of the groupthink.

I'm pretty sure numerous threads exist across the sub forums for that. D&D has an almost universal stupidity that transcends subject classifcation and manages to touch everyone with its awfulness.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

You're probably right, I don't read as many varied and diverse forums as you do. In all honesty, most of the ones that I post in have similar views and opinions and I think that's very limiting and that's why I really think we need a special forum. Do you think that the jokers in D&D could handle an Obama Africanus post? Hell, just saying that you're mad that your Thanksgiving got ruined by ebola-ridden savages from an uncivilized place would start a big slap fight. It's great that we have this thread for opposing views, but it's not really enough.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
What bums me out the most is when you get a thread where there are subject mater experts like Brown Moses, or the doctors and medical ethics guys in the Ebola thread, or people who are actually loving where poo poo is going down, and it's a really good source for information until the drooling tards flood it with poo poo.

Seriously, before Ebola was plastered all over CNN and the clown car rolled up, the dnd thread was actually really good.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

please stop calling brown moses a subject matter expert

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Shut the gently caress up about D&D

Current events

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

TCD posted:

Hahahahha wait - I used to post in TFR :smith: .

TFR was really interesting when it was nothing but WWII era guns and earlier.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

quote:

Free SFC (P) Robert Bales!

QTIYD UNIRONICALLY

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Intel5 posted:

What bums me out the most is when you get a thread where there are subject mater experts like Brown Moses, or the doctors and medical ethics guys in the Ebola thread, or people who are actually loving where poo poo is going down, and it's a really good source for information until the drooling tards flood it with poo poo.

Seriously, before Ebola was plastered all over CNN and the clown car rolled up, the dnd thread was actually really good.

I am just spitballing here but maybe in this new forum if you want to talk a lot about a subject you should have to post a scan of your degree or documents that certify you know what you're talking about. If you go shooting you mouth off and you don't provide those docs, everyone knows you just have a crippling mental condition or work in retail, like Ron said. Some people would try to fake it, probably, but I'm sure people would be willing to dig in to people's "docs" to make sure.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Reverand maynard posted:

Shoulda never given TFRgoons money!!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

I liked the one from the Brown thread where someone tried to say that the military was trained in deescalation.

I don't know if things changed after I got out or maybe I missed a briefing or 12. But the extent of deescalation was a few low level A10 fly bys. Which tended to quell violence, but I doubt in the manner they were insinuating.

They touched on deescalation when I got my riot control training but most of it was how to beat the poo poo out of protesters with a giant goddamn nightstick but do it humanely. Apparently you shouldn't aim for their collarbones to incapacitate them because it's cruel or some poo poo. But to be honest breaking someones collarbone seems like a pretty effective way to stop someone from being an rear end in a top hat :shrug:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Maarek posted:

I am just spitballing here but maybe in this new forum if you want to talk a lot about a subject you should have to post a scan of your degree or documents that certify you know what you're talking about. If you go shooting you mouth off and you don't provide those docs, everyone knows you just have a crippling mental condition or work in retail, like Ron said. Some people would try to fake it, probably, but I'm sure people would be willing to dig in to people's "docs" to make sure.

the irony, of course, is that people on *your* side of the debate are currently claiming that *I* must have a mental disorder because I stated that I work in an unsafe area. Clearly that means I am just afraid of poor people and paranoid.

As opposed to...you know...legitimately working in one of america's top ten most violent cities, in a building where most homicides happen within a 3 mile radius...my morning commute.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

You would know better than me, you post in D&D quite a lot, but I don't want to be labeled like that. The problem with D&D is that they just ignore and cover for people who post outrageously wrong things because those guys are on 'their side'. I think we can all appreciate that is a bad way to run a thread and I'm glad it doesn't happen here, which is exactly why we should use this thread as a model.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maarek posted:

You would know better than me, you post in D&D quite a lot, but I don't want to be labeled like that. The problem with D&D is that they just ignore and cover for people who post outrageously wrong things because those guys are on 'their side'. I think we can all appreciate that is a bad way to run a thread and I'm glad it doesn't happen here, which is exactly why we should use this thread as a model.

Pretty much, this thread rules.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Thank you for understanding. I hope I didn't get off on the wrong foot in this thread by joking about justice4trayvawn's MOS. I know that justice4trayvawn not really racist and was just making some jokes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been told that I don't understand how institutional racism works, or the perils of homelessness.

I have a masters in sociology and I worked for a homeless shelter before my current job :wtc:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vasudus posted:

I've been told that I don't understand how institutional racism works, or the perils of homelessness.

I have a masters in sociology and I worked for a homeless shelter before my current job :wtc:

Don't wave your papers with words at me Mr. Fancy Pants. I post on the internet.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

This is exactly what I mean. It's ridiculous that a forum full of people who went to college to get a STEM degree have the gall to talk down to someone who majored in sociology. You just don't know how bad it is until you post there.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus has a sociology degree iirc :v:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Reverand maynard posted:

They occasionally got some cool stuff in there, but some of those dudes are a bit... odd.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bolow posted:

Vasudus has a sociology degree iirc :v:

Look up two posts.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

zombie303 posted:

Look up two posts.

I never did the Reading For Marines MCI :negative:

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

It's just weird how that forum full of totally unqualified people discuss events. That kidnapping guy you guys were talking about earlier, he's a community organizer or something, right? Why is he debating sociologists and lawyers about the stuff going on Ferguson?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Anyways...

CURRENT EVENTS

I just pooped.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Vasudus posted:

You don't have any real life experience though

X your privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Is anyone else greatly amused that OPEC is putting the screws to Russia by not cutting production?

Getting a serious bear and the dragon vibe off the whole thing.

• Locked thread