Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Speaking of platinum, how much longer do I have to reach it to get the rewards?

They do it based on a fiscal year from that begins 7/1 and ends 6/30 of the next calendar year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."

zolthorg posted:

Does the Wii U accept sdxc or even allow you to put eshop games on an sd card?

Just looked. Nope! Item cancelled. :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

This is pretty much all my Miiverse posts. I'm 5 years old.

I am a fan of your Miiverse posts and you should add Kaubocks on Wii U if you haven't already so I can Yeah! everything of yours that shows up in my activity feed.

13/f/cali posted:

I generally love Miiverse but it was awful when I was playing through 3D World for the first time and the after level posts were a massive flood of people trying to get attention from the Game Grumps because they were playing it at the time or something.
Same.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fremry posted:

They do it based on a fiscal year from that begins 7/1 and ends 6/30 of the next calendar year.

OK cool. Between captain toad and splatoon I'll definitely make it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bayonetta 1 was not an easy game no. They put all those difficulty options there for a reason, and I played a LOT of Bayo1 back in the day and still am dying in Bayo 2.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

13/f/cali posted:

I generally love Miiverse but it was awful when I was playing through 3D World for the first time and the after level posts were a massive flood of people trying to get attention from the Game Grumps because they were playing it at the time or something.

Game Grumps are obnoxious that's their thing but the obnoxiousness spilling over onto their fans and then into my Miiverse was way too far.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Game Grumps is the one where a man called Egoraptor poo poo his pants and they kept rolling with the show with him awkwardly asking the other dude if he could smell it even though the show is pre-scripted and recorded right?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Nolgthorn posted:

Game Grumps are obnoxious that's their thing but the obnoxiousness spilling over onto their fans and then into my Miiverse was way too far.

At least people are using Miiverse. I use it terrribly. It's pretty much when I finish a VC game, I post up a screenshot with a spoiler on it. Not particularly interesting.

There was one guy I followed for a little that put up mini-challenges for New Super Mario Bros. U, in which he asked you to comment on his post with a screenshot proving you did the challenge. That was a pretty cool idea to get some more life out of the game once you finished it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Wow Bayonetta is so much harder than Wonderful 101. This is my second time playing it and I didn't get very far on the PS3 but and I'm getting my rear end kicked. 4 retries on the second chapter is OK right :shobon:

Huh really? I feel Bayonetta is infinitely more accessible and easier than W101 but you'll definitely get your rear end handed to you in Bayonetta until you get the hang of it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

These pins are 4000 Stars on the EU Club Nintendo and I can't decide whether I want them or not.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Well I want them. Send them to me. In return I'll send you something from Nintendo of America's fine fine Club Nintendo seleahahahahahaha

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Huh really? I feel Bayonetta is infinitely more accessible and easier than W101 but you'll definitely get your rear end handed to you in Bayonetta until you get the hang of it.

I think W101 is less mechanically difficult than Bayonetta, but more obtuse. It's got a lot more "what the gently caress is even expected of me here" moments.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think W101 is less mechanically difficult than Bayonetta, but more obtuse. It's got a lot more "what the gently caress is even expected of me here" moments.

That, and I feel much more vulnerable and open in W101 due to having to protect all your troops and you have to gather them up if you get hit. Bayonetta is infinitely better about recovery and makes any hits you take easier to segue right back into what you were doing.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
My girlfriend and I are buying small presents for each other this year ($25 or less) because we're buying a house. I asked her to get me ZombiU cause it's $15 on Amazon. If it sells out before she gets it, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Louisgod posted:

That, and I feel much more vulnerable and open in W101 due to having to protect all your troops and you have to gather them up if you get hit. Bayonetta is infinitely better about recovery and makes any hits you take easier to segue right back into what you were doing.

I never felt that gathering up my guys held me (with my admittedly paltry skills) back and as long as your main guy doesn't get hit it doesn't matter though, right? Also I when I figured out what Ukemi was in the second-to-last operation pretty much all of the danger of dying from losing all health was gone. It does have some obtuse stuff, there's no denying that.

I feel that right now my main problem in Bayonetta is that I can't hit Witch Time consistently and also that enemies hit pretty hard - I got hit with something in the first real boss and a quarter of my health was gone. The fact that it's a proper combo-based system where it takes time to figure out what something does and what is useful in a certain situation make it a lot more difficult, too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sprat Sandwich posted:

I feel that right now my main problem in Bayonetta is that I can't hit Witch Time consistently and also that enemies hit pretty hard - I got hit with something in the first real boss and a quarter of my health was gone. The fact that it's a proper combo-based system where it takes time to figure out what something does and what is useful in a certain situation make it a lot more difficult, too.

I'd say just continue to practice timing with dodging at the practice screen where you go buy items in the shop. From there, you can memorize combos that throw enemies into the air so that you can juggle them. Speaking of, make sure you buy the air dodge immediately.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Hey Canadian goons. Wii Us are apparently selling for 150 bucks at staples right now.

Grab one, ask them to scan it and see what price it comes up as.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I'd say just continue to practice timing with dodging at the practice screen where you go buy items in the shop. From there, you can memorize combos that throw enemies into the air so that you can juggle them. Speaking of, make sure you buy the air dodge immediately.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that place. And the air dodge was the first thing I bought.

I'll just keep banging my head against it until I beat it.

For you, Hideki.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that place. And the air dodge was the first thing I bought.

I'll just keep banging my head against it until I beat it.

For you, Hideki.

I believe in you.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Hideki will always believe in you

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Huntsekker posted:

So with amazon's sale today of SD cards, I decided to upgrade the memory in my wii u to 64gb. But then I realized I have no idea how to move my digital purchases and so on. Does anyone have a link that can show me what to do?
While you can use the SD card slot for that stuff you can supposedly use USB card readers to use SD cards (since they'll essentailly show up as USB storage then), sooo maybe you didn't need to cancel your order v:shobon:v

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

These pins are 4000 Stars on the EU Club Nintendo and I can't decide whether I want them or not.

You definitely want them

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
I bought a gamecube classic controller for ssb wii u and I figured I'd check out whats on the wii shop..

Old ssb64, paper mario, mario rpg, majoras mask. I had no loving idea.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a reason the other Club Nintendo's get so much cool swag yet Club Nintendo of America has been left to rot?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Americans are dumbasses and will buy any game anyway.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there a reason the other Club Nintendo's get so much cool swag yet Club Nintendo of America has been left to rot?

Honestly I prefer the virtual console offerings to the random nicknacks I might look at twice before being put in a drawer.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Games in the EU cost about eightyfive times what they cost in America so they get cool pins to make up for it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So for the pro controller joystick, the "boundary" of how far it moves is the actual stick hitting the rim outside the controller, right, not any internal mechanism? I smash with vigor and I'm paranoid about damaging the thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Afro posted:

Honestly I prefer the virtual console offerings to the random nicknacks I might look at twice before being put in a drawer.

I like having options

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Afro posted:

Pick the right tchotchkes and you can flip them for big bucks on ebay.

I'm astonished at how much some of these things fetch.
A Zelda badge at $47? Holy cow.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Pick the right tchotchkes and you can flip them for big bucks on ebay.

I'm astonished at how much some of these things fetch.
A Zelda badge at $47? Holy cow.

I got a Luigi's Mansion statue thing that people are selling for $100+ there but it's a family heirloom so

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Looper posted:

I like having options

People in the EU don't have the option of the free games, so you wouldn't get them there either

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shelf Adventure posted:

People in the EU don't have the option of the free games, so you wouldn't get them there either

We are brothers in first-world arms :unsmith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I do that smash bros soundtrack CD promo when does it ship?

davey4283 posted:

I bought a gamecube classic controller for ssb wii u and I figured I'd check out whats on the wii shop..

Old ssb64, paper mario, mario rpg, majoras mask. I had no loving idea.

Smash 64 aged like poo poo and there's 0 reason to play it today FYI!

I have some wii stuff I need to transfer over at some point though, paper mario was on there.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I ordered the nerd pins and will wear them proudly present them on my shelf in mint condition.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Smash 64 aged like poo poo and there's 0 reason to play it today FYI!

I have some wii stuff I need to transfer over at some point though, paper mario was on there.

Counterpoint: Smash 64 is great.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

March 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

Counterpoint: Smash 64 is great.

It was, when it came out. But every other smash game has something to distinguish it now - there are people who still prefer melee, prefer brawl, prefer brawl modded to be melee, and will prefer smash 4 even when the next is out. All of them provide something different from each other, in a good way imo.

Except for smash 64

jivjov posted:

March 2015

Aw thought I could ship it to family before they come for Christmas break.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

There's still a scene for Smash 64 though and it plays differently than the rest. The hitstun in that game is ridiculous and it's not uncommon to get 0-to-death combos off on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Smash 64 has extremely good sound effects

• Locked thread