Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I like the idea that TNA has Vince scared now.

He hired Sting out of desperation (and didn't use him for almost a whole year)! Dixie's got him on the run, what with his failing NetWorth bringing the whole company down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

These people on TNAsylum are worse than Holocaust deniers.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

super macho dude posted:

I think this belongs here

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In terms of mental gymnastics, maybe. If mental gymnastics were physical, every one of those people would be an Olympic gold medalist.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Maybe someone (rovert?) that's more into the fandom than I am can explain the deal with TNAMecca and TNAsylum. From what I can tell, TNAMecca is a site that consists of people that left TNAsylum when guys like Garrett Kidney and Talon began posting columns that were the slightest bit critical (and I mean very benign criticisms couched in, you know, reality) of TNA.

TNAMecca is where you go for the real crazy, but there's a lot of that on TNAsylum too. They both seem to hate TNAInsider but I can't read that site for its disgusting layout.

e:

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 25, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that's not outside the realm of possibility, to be honest

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dixie left the shoe on the stairs.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's not outside the realm of possibility, to be honest

Look when you're not getting paid, sometimes you have to do stuff that you regret.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So if it comes out that they literally are taking big paycuts, their pristine fantasy remains intact because it's Meltzer propaganda.

Welp, I'm in. :munch:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes..."big" paycuts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca on Eric Young vs Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So this apparently is where the line is drawn

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

To be fair Dallas is pretty obvious troll bait and no one bites on it, even when he doubles and trebles down on it.

It does lead to one of the mods saying that "this isn't the forum for bashing other promotions" which made me giggle no end.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

rovert posted:

Reading the username makes me wonder: how did these people react when AJ Styles did his shoot interviews about TNA?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

rovert posted:

It's almost like the WWE save world title defenses for PPV where they can actually make money.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm still wondering what kind of a mental condition leads to a person becoming a TNA apologist.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Roman Reigns posted:

Reading the username makes me wonder: how did these people react when AJ Styles did his shoot interviews about TNA?

Unappreciative rear end in a top hat. TNA made him. TNA showed no growth with him on top. We don't need him. etc.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This is my favorite so far. Textbook case of TNA Stockholm Syndrome.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I assume BullyBubba Ray's going to come out with some manner of shoot where he says he was offered a massive pay cut to stay on under the new TV contract, confirming the Observer reports, if he does end up leaving.

This, of course, will then be dismissed by the TNA hardcore faithful as being bullshit, he's burying the company, he got fired for asking for a pay rise, he's an ingrate who can't work, should have never had the big belt, was a lovely champion, TNA resurrected his career after he was cast aside by VKM, how dare he lay hands on Dixie who is like a mother to the talent, running back Up North with his tail between his legs, etc etc on and on to the ends of the Earth.

I feel like I've left something out there, like there's another tired talking point they always hit on in regards to this sort of thing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Don't say bad things about Dixieland!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Hahahahahaha this is the best one

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Guys I question if the best thing to ever happen to our company was any good, amirite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can tell TNA has the best wrestlers because no one on the TNA roster got injured by the Styles Neck Breaker (Clash) but when he leaves to work with inferior wrestlers he injures them all. The only guy who ever got injured by it in TNA is Frankie Kazarian and he wasn't good enough to stay in the company.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

ahahahahaha yessssssssss peak mecca

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

alright AJ give us our Pioneer award back

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fauxhawk Express posted:

alright AJ give us our Pioneer award back

To be fair, that jerk AJ did take the Aces & 8s gimmick to Japan and ripped it off to make the Bullet Club. What a jerk.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/512722/punk-weeks-art-wrestling-podcast

This thread is a goldmine for lovely opinions. Some people just hate CM Punk and will never give him an inch, even if for example it is because the WWE doctor misdiagnosed a serious staph infection. I could go through the thread and pick and choose stuff and get a couple of posts worth of poo poo if you want.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Testekill posted:

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/512722/punk-weeks-art-wrestling-podcast

This thread is a goldmine for lovely opinions. Some people just hate CM Punk and will never give him an inch, even if for example it is because the WWE doctor misdiagnosed a serious staph infection. I could go through the thread and pick and choose stuff and get a couple of posts worth of poo poo if you want.
The wrestling news thread was actually closed on this forum because our mod has always disliked CM Punk

quote:

This is JUST Punk's side of the story. Of course he's going to make himself sound 100% right and WWE 100% wrong in it. That's how he sees it. This does not justify the personal attacks against people that cannot be verified and the fact that half his complaints center around WWE not bowing to his ego make the rest of it suspect. Use your heads: Punk has a history of prima donna behavior.
Yeah Punk was being a prima donna for complaining about almost dying from staph infection

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

yes, because history favors the wwe and vince's long history of compassion,
sanity, and healthy, not dead, talent.

what drives a person to think most promoters give a poo poo about talent? do they know anything about this business?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

WeaponX posted:

what drives a person to think most promoters give a poo poo about talent?

its generally human nature to want to believe the best in people but the reality is that people are usually awful

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

its generally human nature to want to believe the best in people but the reality is that successful people are usually awful

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nah, plenty of unsuccessful people are dicks too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

That's not my experience.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
From reddit:

quote:

Sorry to lay all this "real talk" on you guys, but it's early on a Saturday and I figured some of you might benefit from this discussion...

I listened to Punk on Colt's show and got angry. I didn't get angry for most of the reasons the rest of you did. I got angry because I related a little too much with Punk. He was fed up and he walked. He left a situation that was detrimental to his health and well being. Why could I do the same?

I live with my two uncles and they're old, manipulative, angry SOB's. I laid in bed listening to the Punk interview and decided that I needed to move out that day. My uncles are alcoholics. I'm straight-edge. They also tease me for never drinking. They'd always invite their friends over, some of whom are legit homeless, and party for days. They'd trash my video games, they'd steal my clothes, and they'd make me feel useless. I'm not a kid, btw - a grown man. But it still hurt.

My uncles used to call me, "Tommy the 'Two Beer' Queer" because that's all I can drink before feeling sick. I created this user name as an homage to that bullshit. Today I'm going to own that bad name.

I'm living with a relative now until I save up enough to pay the first, last, and security on a new place. I'm excited about new opportunities. I'm excited about no longer being subject to verbal abuse everytime I walk through the door. Punk's anger motivated me to get angry too and walk out of a situation that was hurting me. I hope someone takes away the same message from his Colt interview that I did.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I thought this thread was about laughing at silly opinions :stare:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

My uncles used to call me, "Tommy the 'Two Beer' Queer" because that's all I can drink before feeling sick.

Well clearly he's not straight edge then.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want to party with that dude's uncles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hey good for that guy for not taking his uncles' abuse anymore tbh