Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Monument Valley has a new level specifically for the RED campaign to fight AIDS this week, and it's supposedly one of the best

http://toucharcade.com/2014/11/24/monument-valley-gets-additional-chapter-for-charity-with-idas-red-dream-update/

edit: yea definitely one of the best, and most difficult

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

The Longest Journey is now out for IOS!

For 6.99 you get one of the greatest adventure games of all time.

edit: Man is this game gorgeous on the iPhone

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 25, 2014

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Thwomp posted:

It's the last screenshot on their appstore location but this is the Doge character:

And the text gets heavy like that the farther in you get. It's cruel.

Uh holy poo poo. I thought they just put a bunch of text over a screenshot and rolled my eyes. It's like that IN the level? I may have to get that.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

theblackw0lf posted:

The Longest Journey is now out for IOS!

For 6.99 you get one of the greatest adventure games of all time.

How are the controls?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

How are the controls?

Hold down the finger to highlight different objects to manipulate. Click on one and get a couple of options to do with object (similar to how it looked in the PC version). It works pretty good.

The one thing I wish it had (unless I haven't found it) is an option to immediately show which objects can be used, instead of having to move my finger around to find them.

Also it has a time skip feature that skips April's animations, which can make the game go much faster. To use, enable it in options, and then press the screen to skip animation.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 25, 2014

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

Hold down the finger to highlight different objects to manipulate. Click on one and get a couple of options to do with object (similar to how it looked in the PC version). It works pretty good.

The one thing I wish it had (unless I haven't found it) is an option to immediately show which objects can be used, instead of having to move my finger around to find them.

Also it has a time skip feature that skips April's animations, which can make the game go much faster. To use, enable it in options, and then press the screen to skip animation.

The pc version (at least the steam one I had) had a time skip thing too.
Goddamn, I have to get this again.
Maybe this time I will actually get why the answer to the crystal puzzle is what it is.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Zero posted:

Uh holy poo poo. I thought they just put a bunch of text over a screenshot and rolled my eyes. It's like that IN the level? I may have to get that.

Here's it in action to confirm.

https://everyplay.com/videos/11558923

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Crossy Road is pretty great.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
I realize I'm really late to the party (the party's probably over at this point), but I finally got around to playing Warhammer: Quest and I enjoy it quite a lot. However, it doesn't appear to sync saved games across my devices, even though "iCloud sync" is checked both on my iPad and my iPhone. Is this a known issue and is there a fix for this?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

messagemode1 posted:

You listen to a guy's sob story and get him drunk, and then you steal the flute from him.

He also finds you later on in Lisbon and gets mad about it.

Where is said guy? I've spoken with the reporter on the train entering Vienna and followed the procession in Vienna itself, though the second portion seems to have a bug deep in the conversation tree which either loops the dialogue or terminates the encounter.

Edit: never mind, this just clicked. Not sure if it was just my seed draw or hitting some trigger I hadn't noticed.

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 26, 2014

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

I hate you all for letting me know that spacechem is on ios. It is really fun, but at the same time so drat close to the RTOS programming I do for work.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Crossy Road has the character from the older but under-appreciated Forget Me Not, too! Highly recommend checking that out if it's flown under your radar.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Monument Valley is sorta easy? I blazed through the first 8 levels and I'm wondering if it gets any more challenging. I purchased the expansion and the Apple Red level. But it leaves much to be desired. :confuoot:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Monument Valley is way more about just how pretty it all is and how neat the stage design is then about it containing any real challenge. I really liek ti but it's one of those things that's really not for everybody.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Monument Valley is sorta easy? I blazed through the first 8 levels and I'm wondering if it gets any more challenging. I purchased the expansion and the Apple Red level. But it leaves much to be desired. :confuoot:

Monument Valley was never made to be about challenge. However the final level is more challenging, along with a couple levels in the expansion and the Apple Red level.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

axleblaze posted:

Monument Valley is way more about just how pretty it all is and how neat the stage design is then about it containing any real challenge. I really liek ti but it's one of those things that's really not for everybody.

Appreciation of cleverness and serenity is kind of the name of the game with Monument Valley. It's never hard (So far) but always kinda like, "oh... that's rad!"

Also apparently both the RED level and the Expansion are more "involved". (I won't say "hard", though..)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There are a few levels that are kind of devilish though. Cube frame level I'm looking at you.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I need more Crossy Road bros, Game Center: Yodzilla

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
My high in Crossy Road is 300 something. Where are all the bitches

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

The main story set in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies is $5 off for Thanksgiving. :woop:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Time Magazine says 80 Days is the Game of the Year (for all systems)

http://time.com/3582118/top-10-video-games-2014/

I think a very compelling case could be made that it is

Monument Valley was #7

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

theblackw0lf posted:

Time Magazine says 80 Days is the Game of the Year (for all systems)

http://time.com/3582118/top-10-video-games-2014/

I think a very compelling case could be made that it is

Monument Valley was #7

Smash Bros is nowhere on there? gently caress Time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dragon Quest 4 is down to $10. I snapped it up instantly, I was waiting for a discount on that and $10 is cheaper than I thought it would be. I don't think it did very well

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dragon Quest 4 is down to $10. I snapped it up instantly, I was waiting for a discount on that and $10 is cheaper than I thought it would be. I don't think it did very well
I originally hadn't really twigged to it but then I remember that a 33% sale for a Squeenix iOS title is like a once or twice a year thing. I've never played any DQ after the original on NES a million years ago, but I think I might snap this up.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Deep Dungeons of Doom half off for Thanksgiving ($2)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
How does FTL play on an iPad mini? Or should I just get it for PC?

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Indolent Bastard posted:

How does FTL play on an iPad mini? Or should I just get it for PC?

Haven't played on PC so can't compare, but I do play on my Mini and find it fine - been a lot easier once I understood you should pause it continuously (so you do really need two hands free to play - which has been interesting for me when standing on trains)

I understand there are mods and stuff on PC but the game is plenty hard and varied enough for me as-is.

I suppose you are less likely to throw your PC across a room in disgust, though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flux Wildly posted:

Haven't played on PC so can't compare, but I do play on my Mini and find it fine - been a lot easier once I understood you should pause it continuously (so you do really need two hands free to play - which has been interesting for me when standing on trains)

I understand there are mods and stuff on PC but the game is plenty hard and varied enough for me as-is.

I suppose you are less likely to throw your PC across a room in disgust, though.

Any clue if it has ever been on sale for iOS?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Indolent Bastard posted:

Any clue if it has ever been on sale for iOS?

http://appshopper.com/games/ftl-faster-than-light

Once!

LIMBO KING posted:

The main story set in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies is $5 off for Thanksgiving. :woop:

Is there a step ladder joke in this one? There had better be. :mad:

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

FWIW I have no regrets buying it at full price, have had hours of frustrating entertainment so far.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
FTL is worth 20$.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Aww you can "unlock" the same character twice in Crossy Road.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Now that screens are bigger I hope they try to make FTL work on iPhone. XCOM is surprisingly great on an iPhone 6, as long as you aren't trying to deal with altitude levels my god

Isn't Hearthstone coming to phones? I'll probably start playing it again when it does.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Now that screens are bigger I hope they try to make FTL work on iPhone. XCOM is surprisingly great on an iPhone 6, as long as you aren't trying to deal with altitude levels my god

Isn't Hearthstone coming to phones? I'll probably start playing it again when it does.

Yeah, I think the plan is for the beta to start around the end of this year or in January? I wouldn't be surprised if the official release coincides with the new expansion like the tablet release did with Curse of Naxxramas.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Speaking of dragon age, isn't it about time for another port? I want to play 5 on the ios so bad now.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of dragon age, isn't it about time for another port? I want to play 5 on the ios so bad now.

There's only three Dragon Age games. :confused:

e: Oh, Dragon Quest. Yeah, probably.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

Yeah, I think the plan is for the beta to start around the end of this year or in January? I wouldn't be surprised if the official release coincides with the new expansion like the tablet release did with Curse of Naxxramas.

Blizz has said that Hearthstone for phones will be coming in 'early 2015'; GvG is coming next month so I don't think we will see hearthstone quite so soon.

The delay is apparently related to making the UI work on smaller screens, so I expect to see a pretty overhauled version of what we are used to on tablets.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Shadowrun: Dragonfall, which from pretty much all accounts is an excellent RPG far superior to the first game, is coming out on iPad next week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/dragons-next-week-shadowrun-dragonfall-hits-ios-december-4th/

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall, which from pretty much all accounts is an excellent RPG far superior to the first game, is coming out on iPad next week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/dragons-next-week-shadowrun-dragonfall-hits-ios-december-4th/

About goddamn time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sock The Great posted:

Blizz has said that Hearthstone for phones will be coming in 'early 2015'; GvG is coming next month so I don't think we will see hearthstone quite so soon.

The delay is apparently related to making the UI work on smaller screens, so I expect to see a pretty overhauled version of what we are used to on tablets.

whoa, didn't know the expansion was so close -- I saw the announcement and just sort of assumed that it was gonna be 6 months out or so. well, still, we can probably hope for a beta next month or january! I don't really play much anymore but between having it on my phone and over a hundred new cards I'm definitely planning on getting back into it; Hearthstone games are like the perfect length for an iPhone game session