Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Lotish posted:

I got the Templar spec stuff to drop from Red Templars, I'm pretty sure. I certainly don't remember fighting any specific Templars.

The Champions you need to duel for that spec show up in the strangest placest--like one of them is on the other side of a cave in in the Fens of the Exalted Plains.

Yeah, sorry, I was just using "templar" to mean Red Templar.

Flytrap posted:

Yeah, I was hoping I'd find them while doing Cass' quest, but according to the wiki you find them is three specific locations:

Witchwood
West Road
and Lady Shayna's Valley in the Hinterlands.

Pretty big maps to scour for something without a quest marker.

Nah, this has to be bullshit. I have ten of the things:

I'm 99% certain they don't respawn.

Got 8 Wisp Essences too. And a shittonne of every other sort of spec item, it turns out. If we could trade between players I could set up a shop. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That's the 360 version, I think.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Karnegal posted:

For those with the party banter bug, some people seem to have found a work around that's working for some.

1.) Fast travel to a camp
2.) Mount up
3.) Dismount
4.) Rest at the camp
5.) Play

I've only given it 20-30 minutes, but I've already heard more party banter than I got in the previous 5-10 hours. I'm not sure if you need to do it every time you go to a new zone or what, but it seems to work. I am getting a weird glitch where Cassandra randomly says her "Again, we are victorious" line when we're just walking around as opposed to post-combat, but I'll take what I can get.

Generally I get banter when I arrive for the first time in an area, and then get about 2-3 banter dialogues in the area, do you think I have that dialogue bug? I've never mounted.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kurtofan posted:

Generally I get banter when I arrive for the first time in an area, and then get about 2-3 banter dialogues in the area, do you think I have that dialogue bug? I've never mounted.
Iron Bull can help you with that :v:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

Got 8 Wisp Essences too. And a shittonne of every other sort of spec item, it turns out. If we could trade between players I could set up a shop. :v:

Oh, huh. Well, guess I'll just keep exploring then. I was hoping to finish this quest soon so I could start putting points into smiting things, but I guess I can respec later.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I really don't want to play on anymore. "Kill X number of crap", "Go to location X on map" and so on, most of the quests feel like WoW in 2004 or like the awful stuff Swtor made you do...also everything is gated by levels and power points, so that you can't really skip any of the dumb side quests. And the crafting in this game is the worst, with all it's dumb flower and ore collecting. And I really start to hate all of the dumb and shallow characters who follow me. I already consider re-rolling to create the worst abomination the character editor lets me do, so that I can at least get a laugh out of all that super-serious dark fantasy poo poo.

Is there some editor to give yourself some super OP weapon so that I can breeze through the rest of this nonsense and just do the main story ?

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 27, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Draxion posted:

The war room is past one of the doors to your left in the main hall. I think it's the second one as you walk towards the throne.

The one just leads to a room with a fireplace, and a door that i cannot interact with.

Milky Moor posted:

Have you done the 60 FPS cutscene fix?

No.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Most of your group is just standing around in the courtyard. Just wander around a bit, and once you talk to them they'll head off to their future resting spots. I don't think where the war room is counts as a spoiler, it's on the left side as you enter, the middle door.

The only people are Vivenne, Sera, and Iron Bull. I don't have any of the icons for talking to people on my map. I can't fast travel.

I just loaded the save before i even get to skykeep, and i have the same issue.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

I really don't want to play on anymore. "Kill X number of crap", "Go to location X on map" and so on, most of the quests feel like WoW in 2004 or like the awful stuff Swtor made you do...also everything is gated by levels and power points, so that you can't really skip any of the dumb side quests. And the crafting in this game is the worst, with all it's dumb flower and ore collecting. And I really start to hate all of the dumb and shallow characters who follow me. I already consider re-rolling to create the worst abomination the character editor lets me do, so that I can at least get a laugh out of all that super-serious dark fantasy poo poo.

Is there some editor to give yourself some super OP weapon so that I can breeze through the rest of this nonsense and just do the main story ?

Try playing a game you like, instead of wasting your time. Origin has a nice return policy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Iron Bull can help you with that :v:

hahaha :v:

but yeah, definitely think I have the bug, drat.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well I'm an idiot. The wiki didn't say that I would only find Philters at specific spots, it was saying I could find them on Demon's and poo poo and gave me three places where I could find them.

Course that could also be wrong, because I just checked a GameFaqs thread about this topic and the only guy with an answer said he just killed a bunch of Templar's in the Hinterlands.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 27, 2014

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Autonomous Monster posted:

Have you tried selling them and then buying them back? I did this for the Champion specialization and it made the counter go up.

I may have misread your post sorry.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I beat it! After loving around and doing like.

Every side quest.

I didn't expect the writers to pull that thing they did in the shameless DLC plot hook, though.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Why are there 6000 different types of daggers but like 4 longsword types?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I...don't seem to be getting any focus? I have level 3 unlocked, and had a maxed out bar, then I used my limit break on a rift that was getting out of hand and...I don't seem to be getting any more. I thought for a moment that it's because I wasn't fighting things my level, but I just fought some level 19s (even level) and didn't get any either.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Lotish posted:

I...don't seem to be getting any focus? I have level 3 unlocked, and had a maxed out bar, then I used my limit break on a rift that was getting out of hand and...I don't seem to be getting any more. I thought for a moment that it's because I wasn't fighting things my level, but I just fought some level 19s (even level) and didn't get any either.

That happened to me, it got stuck at 1 out of 3 bars. Burning the charge reset it and it charged properly after that.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
So I see an exclamation near the barns area. I've only just done like 2 quests after getting skyhold and then I see blackwall beating the poo poo out of a dummy. I sense something somewhat important is happening and I assume this is because I'm a huge rear end in a top hat in the game. I claimed the inquisition for my own personal power yata yata yata. So when he gives me some back talk I am really tempted to be an rear end in a top hat to him again but I'm not sure what punishment the game might actually give me. So I go with the neutral dialogue option which ends up being snarky. Then blackwall loving marches out and now I cant loving use him. I prefer using him and I figure this may be the beggining to a quest since he had a quest marker on him.... Does anyone know how hosed I am now?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Has there been any word on when the next patch will be coming out? I've been playing the game like a champ (on the PS4), but I have to say that between the audio cutting out at odd times and the dialogue cutscenes hanging it makes me not want to give the game a reply until everything is addressed. That being said, I am liking the game a lot more than expected and it has been worth the money I paid for it!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Where are the quarries? I need to do some upgradin'

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Short answer? Really out of the way and all over creation.

I can recall only one off the top of my head, in the far south of the Storm Coast, just before the cave full of spiders, demons and/or darkspawn.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Deltasquid posted:

Personally I went for the templars and I really don't regret it. I've heard both decisions are thematically appropriate.

Spoilers for some war table fluff: I love how, keeping the templars as your allies, they seem genuinely repentful and ashamed for their acts and you can send them to help people around Thedas and they generally do a sensible and competent job at it.

Minor Ending Spoilers: If certain choices are made some of the surviving Templars kick their lyrium addiction and actually become champions of the people. They become the closest thing to actual good guys in the DA verse.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shamelessly stolen from a thread I saw on Giantbomb and emailed myself:

Loggin Stands:

-2 in the Hinterlands: from the south-western camp, one is immediatly south and the other one is in the path going from there to the lake

-2 in the Storm Coast: one immediatly south on the Hessarian camp, the other west of the southern camp (or south of the entrance to the locked thaig if you prefer)

-1 in the Exalted Plains: in the encircled valley just west of the first camp

-1 in Western Approach: in the immediate sorroundings of the first camp

Quarries

-1 in the Storm Coast: on the eastern banks of the Long River, a little north of the cave entrance

-1 in the Western Approach: going south from the first camp, outside of the third mine entrance

-1 in the Western Approach, it's in the final area of that region (you have to do some work to unlock it) in a mine entrance just west of the final Ocularum

-1 in the Emerald Graves, a little north of the north-easternmost camp, near the river

Crestwood:

The logging stand just northeast of the village of crestwood. If you go up past the mayors house, up the path you can't miss it.

The quarry is at the far south end of the map. There is an area by the second camp that has a dug out valley with two caves in it. If you go directly southwest of that you will find the quarry.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

WindmillSlayer posted:

any fixes for

Update Nvidia driver, use the Nvidia console to set the games graphics settings to Optimize.

Then in game set Mesh to HIGH to avoid plastic head results.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 27, 2014

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Scout Harding Romance/Exercise in Frustration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rEbHBouY6Q

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Beat it. The endgame was...okay? It feels like they blew their "this is totally awesome" load a bit earlier in the game. I think it was a mistake to split up those final missions as a couple of different stages; it really robbed things of urgency and gravitas.

Still, it was aiight. Fighting dragons gets easier and more fun when you get the hang of it. But then, I was playing on Normal.

This is gonna sound hella dumb, but I think my biggest disappointment with the game is with the lack of good equipment options. There's a weird lack of good tier-3 schematics (both in terms of appearance and ability) and you don't encounter much great-looking equipment throughout the story. By the end of the game I still had Cole stuck in a weird-looking mid-level Orlesian mask I got from the ball just because it was still the best rogue helmet I had.

Speaking of the ball, the outfit you and literally everyone else is forced into for that thing was just a bizarre choice. Come on, you finally get to dip your toes into Fantasy France, and everyone decided to show up in identical bland suit things? Even Vivienne and Leliana and Josephine? It felt super lazy.

Do I even need to mention the Skyhold outfit? If you're gonna force literally every Inquisitor, of any race and gender, into the same identical, permanent outfit, could you at least make it not look like a total affront to good taste?

:colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ok, I totally get Knight-Enchanter now. It took me a bit of practice on the Hinterlands Dragon but I chopped him down second try. I didn't have the Stasis Field which may have helped when he does that "jump away and fireball" move. Really the only time things got dicey is when there was nothing to hit to gain barrier. Dragon dropped a bunch of purple goodies; nothing amazing, but a couple upgrades in there. Definitely was an exciting battle. No way could I have won without Vivienne though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah the dragons got really easy once I became a knight enchanter and had the power to be immortal from barriers.

Prior to that, you can just shoot wizard beams at them from beyond their aggro range and plink their health down to zero. Boring as gently caress but you can do it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

This is gonna sound hella dumb, but I think my biggest disappointment with the game is with the lack of good equipment options. There's a weird lack of good tier-3 schematics (both in terms of appearance and ability) and you don't encounter much great-looking equipment throughout the story. By the end of the game I still had Cole stuck in a weird-looking mid-level Orlesian mask I got from the ball just because it was still the best rogue helmet I had.

Ugh, I know. I just found Masterwork Vanguard Armor, and I was so goddamn happy to finally be wearing something other than grey or brown. I made a set of armor just a few hours into the game, and this is the first friggin thing I've found that actually outdoes it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sorry, is there a quick way to see if your Keep world state imported ok?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

Speak to Varric as soon as the game lets you and ask him about Hawke and all that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there a list of all the quest breaking bugs somewhere? So far I've encountered the Servis bug, and the one that prevents Dorian's quest from triggering and I'm loathe to experience any more if I can help it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Comrade Flynn posted:

At Haven, your requisitions officer can tell you if Loghain is dead or alive. Varric can also tell you what the Dragon Age 2 companions are doing to see which of them are alive or dead. You can also talk to Leliana to see if the Hero of Fereldan is alive, dead, or in a romance with her.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Comrade Flynn posted:

If your warden was a mage you can ask the weapon smith at haven for his story, he'll mention that not all mages are bad since one saved them from the blight.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Ugh, I know. I just found Masterwork Vanguard Armor, and I was so goddamn happy to finally be wearing something other than grey or brown. I made a set of armor just a few hours into the game

Gotta start collecting that sweet sweet nugskin

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Scout Harding Romance/Exercise in Frustration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rEbHBouY6Q

I am okay with not loving the dwarf girl. Also I'm not sure why, but you gain approval with Sera every time you flirt with Scout Harding.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Also, having beaten the game, I am still really bothered by Josephine's weird clipboard thing. That thing must spill lots of hot wax everywhere all the time.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Shugojin posted:

Also, having beaten the game, I am still really bothered by Josephine's weird clipboard thing. That thing must spill lots of hot wax everywhere all the time.

Glad somebody besides me noticed. That thing just looks like a fire hazard.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shugojin posted:

It's magic wax.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is there a list of all the quest breaking bugs somewhere? So far I've encountered the Servis bug, and the one that prevents Dorian's quest from triggering and I'm loathe to experience any more if I can help it.

One of Sera's quests, where she asks you to come pick up some gold with her or something, breaks if you choose any dialogue option that isn't the middle one (apparently that's the reason). It doesn't spawn in a NPC you need to continue with the quest. Now, if it breaks, you can still leave Crestwood by fast travelling to a camp and manually walking to the exit point from tehre, but you can never just use Y to access the world map and such when in Crestwood from that point on. Probably other issues there, too.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

Shugojin posted:

Weirdest fire hazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

One of Sera's quests, where she asks you to come pick up some gold with her or something, breaks if you choose any dialogue option that isn't the middle one (apparently that's the reason). It doesn't spawn in a NPC you need to continue with the quest. Now, if it breaks, you can still leave Crestwood by fast travelling to a camp and manually walking to the exit point from tehre, but you can never just use Y to access the world map and such when in Crestwood from that point on. Probably other issues there, too.

Haha wow. I must have picked the correct one by sheer luck. I don't think I really had any massive quest-breaking bugs. Ended up friends with everybody but Solas and that's mostly my own fault for not making much progress with him till near the end. I saw a lot of content and he was pretty happy and thanked me for being a chill dude, though.

• Locked thread