Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cake Attack posted:

I'm going to make a persona q thread when I get home. Look forward to it. Is there anything people should know? Ive only beat the first floor so far

I really can't think of anything other than "It's Etrian Odyssey with Personas instead of sub classes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

I'm going to make a persona q thread when I get home. Look forward to it. Is there anything people should know? Ive only beat the first floor so far

Probably should make a note of Kaguya and Orpheus Telos being free DLC for however long it is.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Alright yeah, looks like I'm going with P4 Hero, Chie, and Junpei as my front row with Yukari and Shinji in the back.

a powerful lack of kanji

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saagonsa posted:

Aigis is good, and you should be nice to her

Saagonsa I have an innate hatred of girls who are robotic, emotionless, and lack an accent.

Ruggington posted:

a powerful lack of kanji

Shinjiro is better than Kanji.

YEAH I SAID IT! Bring it motherfuckers.

Cake Attack posted:

Please find every post I've made about this game being a bad game and post them in the OP, thx.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Beef Waifu posted:

I think that they both have their own unique charm but that if the two of them teamed up it would be the Ultimate Persona Experience and everyone who gave a poo poo about the female characters in this game would finally stop doing that objectively wrong thing.

Wait so I can actually have that happen right? Kanji and Shinji can team up?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

I think that they both have their own unique charm but that if the two of them teamed up it would be the Ultimate Persona Experience and everyone who gave a poo poo about the female characters in this game would finally stop doing that objectively wrong thing.

Wait so I can actually have that happen right? Kanji and Shinji can team up?

You get free reign will all the characters as soon as you beat the first boss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can do that. You can team up anyone with anyone. Unless it's Sho and Labrys, the best team.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Strange Quark posted:

You get free reign will all the characters as soon as you beat the first boss.

Shitttt yooooo does the Excellent Team of Kanji/Shinji/Souji/Emoji/A Motherfucking Dog have good party banter (I'd replace Emoji with Junpei but I think I need to have him around if I want the better battle music of the P3 cast right)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I disagree with you but I am going to have both of them on my team so who am I to tell you which is better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You still haven't given me your steam.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ruggington

I am a proud gamer

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Beef Waifu posted:

Augh, the new Theo voice.

yeah he's way too high pitched after travis willingham.

alcharagia posted:

Shitttt yooooo does the Excellent Team of Kanji/Shinji/Souji/Emoji/A Motherfucking Dog have good party banter (I'd replace Emoji with Junpei but I think I need to have him around if I want the better battle music of the P3 cast right)

i know shinji and p3 guy have some banter, not sure about the rest. your main guy never does banter though. also the battle music is just for whoever you picked as the main character, there's no way to change it short of starting over as the other guy.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 27, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't know guys, Aigis is legitimately funny when she's playing off the new food obsessed girl, to me at least, so I can forgive her in her worst mode of 'beep boop I am waifu-bot' for this game if it means that can be funny.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does Elizabeth's clinic ever stop getting more expensive? It's gone up 100 yen every time I've used it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

projecthalaxy posted:

Does Elizabeth's clinic ever stop getting more expensive? It's gone up 100 yen every time I've used it.

The price is main character's level * 100.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

It goes up with your level, or at least I think it does like the EO games. My guess would be when you reach max level it stops going up.

Also, Rise is a trash tier waifu. Not even Teddie deserves to lose to her.

EDIT: ^Beaten.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lunar blessing :stwoon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Zurai posted:

The price is main character's level * 100.

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks, and also thanks to RockandRollaAyatolla!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want my Marie navigator, Atlus. Give it to me already.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I forgot, is there a list of DLC, like what's already out in Japan and all?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I forgot, is there a list of DLC, like what's already out in Japan and all?

thanatos and magatsu izanagi, and navigator voicepacks for elizabeth, theo, margaret, marie, and nanako.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I will probably get the Liz, Theo and Nanako packs if they bring them over.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I am literally not going to touch this game until the Nanako voice pack comes over

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If you use the Nanako nav pack with team P3, does she know who they are or what's going on. It might be funnier if she did not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why would you ever buy the Theo voice pack now that he's voiced by Pappenbrook.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
bryce papenbrook is an awful voice actor unless he is voicing people that are batshit insane

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Cake Attack posted:

Status effects and/or binds will gently caress you and/or the enemy senseless, as they do in all Etrian Odyssey and SMT games. The combination of the two series only seems to have strengthened them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want my Adachi nav pack.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Theo's new voice is not as bad as Liz's new voice. Liz's FES/P3P voice is a large part of her appeal. The new one not so much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liz doesn't have a new voice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Liz doesn't have a new voice.

It sounds different. Maybe I am just confused.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the same. The tone, the inflection, hers is one of the few voices that didn't change in any way and it's because Tara Platt voices Mitsuru in her dumb stoic voice that Liz's is able to be like it's been since P3. You might be thinking of Margaret, whose voice has always been bad, but is especially so in this game.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I just got to the first labyrinth boss on risky and spent like 20 minutes getting it's hp down to like 4/5 and then just gave up once it kept summoning reinforcements. what the gently caress did I get myself into

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drawing the map isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Do I need to have the game before I can get the free DLC?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

g0lbez posted:

I just got to the first labyrinth boss on risky and spent like 20 minutes getting it's hp down to like 4/5 and then just gave up once it kept summoning reinforcements. what the gently caress did I get myself into

She summons them every three turns, so at least you'll when you get a free attack to just unload on her.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Do I need to have the game before I can get the free DLC?

You can only get to the DLC through the in-game menu, so yes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Drawing the map isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

It's not, although I just turned on the auto map function in the system menu.

I spoiled myself on the game when it came out over the summer so I know certain things. You'll be able to pick up on a few things on NG+ runs.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

I want my Marie navigator, Atlus. Give it to me already.

Give me a Labrys navigator and make every battle just start with her warning "Watchya feet!" thanks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Map making is about as smooth and simple as a dungeon crawler can do, the ability to color code and all is very useful, I like the icons, all that jazz, it's real good.

That said I also enjoy the ability to auto map walls because sometimes you just don't wanna gently caress with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Koromaru should be the navigator. Bark, bark.

Can you flip icons, or are they always facing a set direction? I kinda want the doors to face the right way instead of always down.