Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh come on he posts Composite Trish and Composite Cena is more what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat that all owns so much.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, Brooke Hogan is only 50% weird and hosed up now?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
We'll miss you, Superior Foes. :smith:

At least things went out with a bang. Or perhaps...a shock.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

What If: John Cena Had Two More Moves

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel like somebody cracked open Gavok's head and the current WWE comic is the result.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Superior Iron Man 002:

And from the same issue, offered without context, this fraction of a panel:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Superior Iron Man 002:

Needs to be animated with head-bobbing and pulsing glow and UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's worth pointing out that it's a Spidey Super Stories reference.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This needs to be made into a "Deal With It" gif pronto

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Honest to god, I hope that thing is also quilted.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat that imitation is so bad. Spider-Man's body language is to convey shock at his own appearance. Hulk's is... to do scary jazz hands...?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lobok posted:

drat that imitation is so bad. Spider-Man's body language is to convey shock at his own appearance. Hulk's is... to do scary jazz hands...?

When he slips those 24 inch pythons around you Brother they'll be no escape!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Honestly comparing it to the original cover, I'm just disappointed that there's not a wrestler in the background on the left that's stretched like Mr. Fantastic. I mean, an elastic WWE superstar wouldn't be any less insane than anything else I've seen from this comic.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

CapnAndy posted:

He never asked for this. (He did it himself.)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

But can I shock the Mocker?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

Honestly comparing it to the original cover, I'm just disappointed that there's not a wrestler in the background on the left that's stretched like Mr. Fantastic. I mean, an elastic WWE superstar wouldn't be any less insane than anything else I've seen from this comic.

I think the missing element is a flaming wrestler flying through the sky on the right side of the page. :)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why does Tony have a Gambit mask now? That was always the dumbest mask.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

goatface posted:

It's not a Gambit mask. The faceplate of his armor is now see through so people can see his ~glorious~ face. Seriously that's the excuse, super douche Tony is the best.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waterhaul posted:

It's not a Gambit mask. The faceplate of his armor is now see through so people can see his ~glorious~ face. Seriously that's the excuse, super douche Tony is the best.

So the hole in the top is so people can gaze upon his illustrious hair?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Phy posted:

So the hole in the top is so people can gaze upon his illustrious hair?

Possibly :v: He explains it earlier in the issue, plus the suit is basically a symbiote now.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

goatface posted:

The Gambit mask looks GREAT!

On X-com rookies who do not rate power armor.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Waterhaul posted:

Possibly :v: He explains it earlier in the issue, plus the suit is basically a symbiote now.

I wish comic book writers would stop putting in "transparent" if what they really mean was "invisible".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Based on the way his hair falls, he must have a mushroom-like dome of that transparent stuff sticking out around the top of his head.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Knormal posted:

Based on the way his hair falls, he must have a mushroom-like dome of that transparent stuff sticking out around the top of his head.

Or bullet-proof hair gel.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Artificially dyed fiber-optic cameras. 360 degrees of high-definition visual input and that fresh out of bed look you pay hundreds for at a salon.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's a wig glued to the top. A cheap one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Grendels Dad posted:

I wish comic book writers would stop putting in "transparent" if what they really mean was "invisible".

All I see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZv82YtgFiE

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's just stupid. Like how many non-invulnerable heroes are running around with their faces completely uncovered, but no Tony needs to get shot in the face so he can show how awesome he is with magical power-creep science buzzwords.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Way back in 1992 Rob Leifeld created the armored hero Sentinel in his Youngblood series. Dude flew around without a helmet on until he got a blast in the face and they're all "He's got an invisible force field." So it's not the first time an armored dude has no visible protection.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

It's just stupid. Like how many non-invulnerable heroes are running around with their faces completely uncovered, but no Tony needs to get shot in the face so he can show how awesome he is with magical power-creep science buzzwords.

Maybe he didn't buy it as an Item disadvantage and it's just thematic because he wanted some cool armor but not dealing with random attacks magically occurring out of nowhere every single waking moment not wearing it?...

I'm sorry, HERO/Champions system flashbacks :spergin: (More fun, buying a Alien Raygun as an Item. Being told that it both makes no sense and is impossible to let your allies borrow it, but still held to it getting stolen and shot with it by an enemy :downs:)

Comics relevant question, what exactly does Tony do after looking up faceshooter's kid?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A forcefield is a much better excuse than "it's called GRAPHENE look it up :smuggo:"

Because then you have to rely on people not looking it up and seeing that Tony has had the brilliant idea of armouring his face with a material that would shatter like glass into a million red-hot shards because it's a very specific kind of strength.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Suben posted:

It's worth pointing out that it's a Spidey Super Stories reference.

Good thing Shocker took off his helmet or otherwise Spidey would have no idea who was trying to shock him.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

I think the missing element is a flaming wrestler flying through the sky on the right side of the page. :)

That'd be perfect for Kane.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I'm waiting for the moment where one of those superheroes with long, lustrous, uncovered hair gets caught in an explosion or in a fire beam or something and is transformed into a bald person.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Man I'm waiting for the moment where one of those superheroes with long, lustrous, uncovered hair gets caught in an explosion or in a fire beam or something and is transformed into a bald person.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Isn't that basically Lex Luthor's origin?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

He lost his hair before he began superheroing so no dice :colbert:

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't that basically Lex Luthor's origin?

Yeah, but after him how many villains or heroes have gone bald from their hair burning off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you want to be the guy who pisses off Lex Luthor by ripping off his origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does Two-Face get half credit?

• Locked thread