Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imap is incredibly fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its fine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I.M.A.P. -- IMAP Munches All Poop

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Smythe posted:

imap is incredibly fail

POP3 is incredibly fail x2

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

You Am I posted:

POP3 is incredibly fail x2

prolly

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
imap is designed specifically for the task of writing a text console email client

having worked with imap, i am confident that a text console email client that doesn't suck will never exist

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
use pop2 every day

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

unironically using pine itt

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just cat /var/spool/mail/themanagement

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Sudo Echo posted:

unironically using mutt itt

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i used pine in college, and i've always wanted to use mutt, but :effort:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

prefect posted:

as long as you're not a naked celebrity

gently caress!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Wheany posted:

gently caress!

snapchat me

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i dont really care about email protocols

-john q pubic

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
you need my eye map to set up my email? thats some james bond poo poo!

-john q public

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
Couldn't possibly use activesync though.
its like how ppl buy the storebrand poo poo "on principal because it's literally from the same factory" yeah the same factory's garbage bin maybe u cheap gently caress.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

prefect posted:

as long as you're not a naked celebrity

don't post my... i don't know. dream job?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Behind Google's Europe woes, American accents

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/26/us-google-eu-insight-idUSKCN0JA1X120141126?irpc=932

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
rofl european parlaiment. nobody likes meps, nobody.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

reminder why the EU is completely justified in taking down google

http://www.benedelman.org/publications/google-tying-2014-10-26.pdf

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
eu isn't taking down google cremnob

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nintendo Kid posted:

eu isn't taking down google cremnob

YES THEY ARE NK! YOU'RE NOT READING THE ARTICLE THROUGH CREMNOB'S EYES!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cremnob has tremendous stamina

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

reminder why the EU is completely justified in taking down google

no one questions the justification

they question the capability and political will

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pram posted:

cremnob has tremendous stamina

That's what your mom said

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

As expected, the European Parliament has passed a resolution that calls on the European Commission to consider a break-up of Google as a potential solution to its dominance in the European search market.

Google is currently embroiled in a long-running antitrust case with the European Commission over the way it uses its search dominance – it has more than 90 percent of the European market — to push its own services (among other things). The Commission is also looking into complaints about Google’s bundling of its services with Android.

The resolution was passed on Thursday by 384 votes to 174, with 56 abstentions, urging the Commission to consider “unbundling” Google’s search business from its other interests. The Commission does have the power to force a company’s break-up (the European Parliament cannot itself initiate any such plan) but has never before done so. Nor has the European Parliament ever urged such a move in this way.

For a vote that didn’t decide much in concrete terms, it was certainly preceded by furious lobbying and plenty of behind-the-scenes mudslinging.

In the days leading up to the vote, the New York Times revealed that Andreas Schwab, the German conservative who initiated the Google break-up proposal, provides competition policy expertise to a German law firm whose parent company has done work for publishers that are involved in the antitrust case against the company.

Then, after some U.S. congresspeople and senators wrote to the European Parliament chief to decry the draft resolution, it emerged that three out of the four signatories have received campaign funding from Google.

https://gigaom.com/2014/11/27/eu-parliament-calls-on-commission-to-consider-google-break-up/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol google

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

lol Europe

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

same

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cremnob posted:

As expected, the European Parliament has passed a resolution that calls on the European Commission to consider a break-up of Google as a potential solution to its dominance in the European search market.

Google is currently embroiled in a long-running antitrust case with the European Commission over the way it uses its search dominance – it has more than 90 percent of the European market — to push its own services (among other things). The Commission is also looking into complaints about Google’s bundling of its services with Android.

The resolution was passed on Thursday by 384 votes to 174, with 56 abstentions, urging the Commission to consider “unbundling” Google’s search business from its other interests. The Commission does have the power to force a company’s break-up (the European Parliament cannot itself initiate any such plan) but has never before done so. Nor has the European Parliament ever urged such a move in this way.

For a vote that didn’t decide much in concrete terms, it was certainly preceded by furious lobbying and plenty of behind-the-scenes mudslinging.

In the days leading up to the vote, the New York Times revealed that Andreas Schwab, the German conservative who initiated the Google break-up proposal, provides competition policy expertise to a German law firm whose parent company has done work for publishers that are involved in the antitrust case against the company.

Then, after some U.S. congresspeople and senators wrote to the European Parliament chief to decry the draft resolution, it emerged that three out of the four signatories have received campaign funding from Google.

https://gigaom.com/2014/11/27/eu-parliament-calls-on-commission-to-consider-google-break-up/

politicians do what they've been paid to do?! :monocle:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

EU politicians have basically signaled to the EU commission that they want the gloves off and now they've got the political support to do it. this is gonna own

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

(that doesn't actually mean anyone is seriously considering breaking up the company)

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

politicians do what they've been paid to do?! :monocle:

how did u get that from that wall of text lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theadder posted:

how did u get that from that wall of text lol

this part, really:

Andreas Schwab, the German conservative who initiated the Google break-up proposal, provides competition policy expertise to a German law firm whose parent company has done work for publishers that are involved in the antitrust case against the company.

euro politician obeying his corporate paymasters, u.s. politicians obeying their corporate paymasters

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i misinterpreted ur post lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so what you're saying is that this is just a way to squeeze contributions from Google

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nope, the EU is completely justified in taking down google

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:toot: ban cremnob :toot:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
funny how it's either complete indifference (FCC) or all-out war (EU), when it comes to this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ufarn posted:

funny how it's either complete indifference (FCC) or all-out war (EU), when it comes to this stuff

FCC doesn't regulate monopolies and the only war the EU is capable of is a war on efficient governance.

• Locked thread