Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Need more goons on my friend list: NNID: greatn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I brought it up before (I think) but I didn't get an answer-- Does anyone have a list of songs locked behind CDs? I found a list of ones that can be unlocked doing specific challenges and I'll probably go for a few of those but I'm curious which ones can only be found randomly.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Smash Run is good though

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I wish there was no timer, I just want to fight and live on that island hell forever.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

I wish there was no timer, I just want to fight and live on that island hell forever.

yeah. Yeah.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Reiley posted:

We now return to Smash Family Robinson, already in progress.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Smash Bros. Wii U broke street date in my city. At least Gamestop and a certain other electronics giant did.

Gamestop said they sold out of the Gamecube controller adapters about as soon as they opened. The other retailer doesn't have them at all. I had a pre order for the pack of game and adapter. Those packs and the adapters are coming in a week with the next shipment or later.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Got my Wii U last night, it's pretty sweet. Found that SSB64 experience does poo poo for how to play SSB other than "There are items, but nothing you recognize yet, oh wait there's a Pokeball!... No idea what came out..."

It's a good thing I don't play the ponies, I found spectate mode last night and spend around an hour gambling on matches. If these were horse races my pick would be doing amazing until the last 10 yards then get hit by a stray RPG and explode.

NNID: PirateDentist

I'm terrible, but it's still fun.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I started playing with WFT a little bit and I kinda like her. The best part is she taunts while attacking. "You're wobbling! Try to keep your balance!"

Also praise the sun.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Agh god drat the loving computer and counters, they always use them at the right time and gently caress you over.

I don't know why but so far I like the 3DS version better. The 3D brings things to life and it just seems easier to control. Am I hosed up in the head?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Everyone quit what you're doing and try playing Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard

^ No it is easier to control on the 3ds. The Wii has (or at least mine) terrible thumbsticks that register anything but a perfect down as a diagonal movement.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i did Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pegged Lamb posted:

Everyone quit what you're doing and try playing Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard
Got it first try. :smug:
Now for attempt number eighty seven at Unwavering Chivalry. :negative:

EDIT: Another new stupid newbie, huh?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Crotch posted:

Got it first try. :smug:

What the hell. WHAT THE HELL

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

Agh god drat the loving computer and counters, they always use them at the right time and gently caress you over.

I don't know why but so far I like the 3DS version better. The 3D brings things to life and it just seems easier to control. Am I hosed up in the head?

I'm super happy they reversed the order in All Star mode because like every single guy in the last fight in 3ds has counter. Now you can get it out of the way and no one in the last fight on WiiU has counter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Same, it's the loving worst.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

greatn posted:

I'm super happy they reversed the order in All Star mode because like every single guy in the last fight in 3ds has counter. Now you can get it out of the way and no one in the last fight on WiiU has counter.

But you have Little Mac's KO and Luigi's volatile missile and Mr. Game and Watch's Judgment, all of which can happen at any moment.

EDIT: And I've never had the fight happen in a stage other than Luigi's Mansion, which makes throwing people off hard since they bounce and tech off of the ceilings and platforms.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 27, 2014

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Is there a cheevo for doing all events on hard? Yellow devils on hard is pissing me off royally.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yep.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is there a way to default a controller or player to an established name? I'm getting tired of seeing Player 1 with poo poo controls 1 minute into a ticket battle.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

:stare:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

Is there a way to default a controller or player to an established name? I'm getting tired of seeing Player 1 with poo poo controls 1 minute into a ticket battle.

You can set up a name from the controls menu and select it from the character select screen or starting screen of any mode.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

jivjov posted:

You can set up a name from the controls menu and select it from the character select screen or starting screen of any mode.
I think what he was asking was whether there was any way to set a name as the "default" name so you don't have to manually select it every time you play. As far as I know there isn't any way to do that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think what he was asking was whether there was any way to set a name as the "default" name so you don't have to manually select it every time you play. As far as I know there isn't any way to do that.

Yup, this. I got used to the 3DS version doing this so I keep forgetting.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cake Attack posted:

Same. I got rewards for every event now. That one and final final battle were last. It was just a matter of memorizing food spawns.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The game and watch keep on landing on the ship arlgh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurtofan posted:

The game and watch keep on landing on the ship arlgh

Use Falco's up-air as much as you can. Try hitting them before they appear on-screen. Never use Falco's side-air. Falco's down-air can kill despite hitting them against the ground, so use it if a G&W passes you. Worst-case scenario, up-smash if you're on the ground, but I'd recommend trying to kill them as high as possible to give you time.

That's what I did to win, though it took me quite a few tries (because I kept using side-air by mistake).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The down air isn't a sure thing, sometimes it works and the game and watch rebounds off the screen, but other times he will roll on the floor and it counts as a landing.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Having played for a bit, I miss the old classic mode. I would rather that they kept that and had SSB4 style fight-everyone-at-once be some new spinoff. On the other hand, special orders are great, crazy orders are going to keep me occupied for a while.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
God drat, I am such utter garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqKm08LG5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEAprMsoE

Is there anything I'm doing that's outrageously incorrect here? I'm Peach.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Vampire brawn makes crazy orders a breeze also.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I just had the worst streak of matches against Villager online. The one that always knows exactly when to shoot the slingshot and Lloyd. He would just constantly use them over and over and I just couldn't punish him at all, especially near the edge. I got one win as Little Mac, but the rest of who I'd call my mains were just no match for him. Advice?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PerrineClostermann posted:

God drat, I am such utter garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqKm08LG5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEAprMsoE

Is there anything I'm doing that's outrageously incorrect here? I'm Peach.

the fact that you are not in the air at least 70% of the time as peach is probably the biggest problem for starters

Rolling is really good against bad players like myself but it should not be your main movement option.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mabels big day posted:

the fact that you are not in the air at least 70% of the time as peach is probably the biggest problem for starters

Rolling is really good against bad players like myself but it should not be your main movement option.

Whenever I'm in the air as Peach it seems like I'm just easy pickings for whoever's on the ground, though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Whenever I'm in the air as Peach it seems like I'm just easy pickings for whoever's on the ground, though.

That is a false impression. Practice your air game and increase your confidence!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You gotta knock em up in the air and follow up with one of your aerials. All of peach's airs are really good. Just, in general, when you knock someone away, you should try to get closer so you can follow them up. You never get any momentum by just sitting there. Especially when they get knocked off the stage, you definitely want to try to get in their face and slam them even further back.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

You gotta knock em up in the air and follow up with one of your aerials. All of peach's airs are really good. Just, in general, when you knock someone away, you should try to get closer so you can follow them up. You never get any momentum by just sitting there. Especially when they get knocked off the stage, you definitely want to try to get in their face and slam them even further back.

This, and use Toad more often. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did this.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Cicadas! posted:

Oh, absolutely. Special Orders are the easily my favorite new mode, when they're not doing everything in their power to gently caress you over. Which is all the time.

For example, I had a great Crazy Orders run going the other night, 3 CDs and a ton of other crap, and I felt like cashing in. So I go to fight Crazy Hand and everything's going normally until he uses the space-goatse attack and one of his cronies kicks me in. Unfortunately, instead of spitting me back out, the hole closed and my nametag was stuck floating in the middle of the screen, forever. Nothing could hit me, and no amount of button mashing did anything. There's no timer during the CH fight either, so I couldn't even time out to salvage some prizes. All I could do was quit back to the character select screen and flush aaallllll of those prizes down the cosmic shitter. I can handle a hammer spawning right in front of a CPU or the game dropping a bob-omb in front of you, but this was new. Fucker broke the game in just the right way to piss in my eye, that's dedication.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Nope! That happened to me, too! I had a particularly good run going as Samus, had at least 10 orders done, and then I got nothing out of it because I had to exit the match due to being stuck in space forever. Dunno what caused it, either.

EDIT: ^^^ You are a mad man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beef Waifu posted:

I did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izR_Lrt8T0E

• Locked thread