Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hog Inspector posted:

This will never, ever happen, it would destroy GW's entire terrible business model

Dawn of war?

The actual tabletop rules are boring as gently caress, and a tbs that ends after 3 or 4 half hour long turns is not going to sell to all but a few people that probably already play the actual game anyway. You take away the toy soldiers and the play sets and there isn't really much there, the game is about the spectacle, and the hand crafted miniatures.

Allow me to clarify: when I say "hand crafted" I don't mean the figures GW puts out, I mean most serious players end up making their own army men out of parts and other figures. Most tournaments have prizes for painting and craftsmanship.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The sound design in Alien Isolation really is amazing. On a totally unrelated note, I'm going to sleep with the lights on in a locked room from now on :suspense:.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FadedReality posted:

How is Reaper of Souls for someone who dumped 100 hours into the blegh launch era Diablo 3 and burnt out on it? I keep staring at it but that's most of the rest of my non-steambux sale budget gone which keeps giving me pause.

I assume you mean the Battle.net sale if you haven't found it anywhere cheaper?

I'm looking on picking it up when I get paid tomorrow. Diablo 3 has been improved a lot since the lovely launch.

Now they've pretty much got an actual difficulty scaling rather than the highest level simply being "You will spend 1 mil in repairs to get one crappy legendary that's worse than yellows"

Apparently Reaper of Souls adds in a whole bunch of new features like Adventure Mode and Rifts (which are basically the endless dungeons from Torchlight)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ddraig posted:

Apparently Reaper of Souls adds in a whole bunch of new features like Adventure Mode and Rifts (which are basically the endless dungeons from Torchlight)

Eh, sorta. They have an end to them, but yeah, randomly generated layout/monsters with a big bad boss at the end. They're fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kyrosiris posted:

Eh, sorta. They have an end to them, but yeah, randomly generated layout/monsters with a big bad boss at the end. They're fun.

Better have a buddy with you though, for me they're kind of boring without someone else with you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The sound design in Alien Isolation really is amazing. On a totally unrelated note, I'm going to sleep with the lights on in a locked room from now on :suspense:.

Yeah, the Alien's footsteps alone - especially when they speed up and you can't see where it is. :catstare:

I thought I'd be using the motion tracker all the time, but I'm too goddamn terrified it'll hear the bleeps and just find me quicker.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
jack orlando for a dollar

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253960/?snr=1_7_15__13

buy jack orlando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-tQlFPvPuE

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Ddraig posted:

I assume you mean the Battle.net sale if you haven't found it anywhere cheaper?

I'm looking on picking it up when I get paid tomorrow. Diablo 3 has been improved a lot since the lovely launch.

Now they've pretty much got an actual difficulty scaling rather than the highest level simply being "You will spend 1 mil in repairs to get one crappy legendary that's worse than yellows"

They're 15 dollars each on Amazon. That's where I'm buying from.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Splits posted:

They're 15 dollars each on Amazon. That's where I'm buying from.

:negative: GOD DAMMIT! :negative:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

zfleeman posted:

Anybody know how the original Puzzle Quest is on PC? Is it a good port? I played the piss out of that game on my 360 back in 2008, and wondered if the PC version was 1080p and all that jazz.

It's a good port, no problems with it. It is however not 1080p, it's a direct port of the 360 version.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

BigRed0427 posted:

Don't worry, the $15 copies on Amazon are PHYSICAL copies. Which means you have to WAIT :barf:

I went ahead and bought it. I can always waste more money on Steam games I'll play for an hour during the Christmas sale :shepspends:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMzVUennt8

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Palpek posted:

It's a good port, no problems with it. It is however not 1080p, it's a direct port of the 360 version.

Modders were able to bring over most of the content from the XBLA only expansion pack.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2750283

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Fwiw I have to wait 5 days or so for it to be delivered in the mail along with mordor I got for 20 and a few 15 foot usb cables I got to hook my ps4 controller to my pc.

You will be like 30 levels above me before I even get to play.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Looks like Evil Within is cheaper on Greenman than on Steam: http://www.greenmangaming.com/green-thursday/

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I levelled up a barbarian to level 40 just running the campaign once.

^^^^ don't buy evil within. Buy Resident Evil 4 instead. It is an incredible game from beginning to end with literally no low points. The amount of care and detail they put into Re4 is worth every penny whereas at times I felt like the EW devs should have been compensating me.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 27, 2014

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

UK Amazon does not have those deals for D3. FML.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

???????

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

FadedReality posted:

How is Reaper of Souls for someone who dumped 100 hours into the blegh launch era Diablo 3 and burnt out on it? I keep staring at it but that's most of the rest of my non-steambux sale budget gone which keeps giving me pause.
If you haven't played vanilla Diablo 3 in a while you might want to check that out again too, I go back to it every once in a while. It feels like a different game, the loot drops were completely reworked, a lot of the skills have been changed, and they made the game actually be about finding useful gear drops again.

The difficulty sliders are a lot of fun to play around with now too, and let you have an actual challenge. A (non-hardcore) character starting off with nothing can swing Expert or even Master, and then the game isn't just a boring slog, plus you level like crazy and will be rich fast.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was getting tense even at the beginning parts where I knew the Alien wasn't going to appear for a while, it's excellent.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
The new Wolfenstein game any good? Haven't played a FPS in a while and was wondering if it was worth 16 bucks from GMG.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Christ, Luftrauser's hard mode is insane. I need to hit 5000 points but can barely break 4k. If it spawns a blimp I'm hosed because it stops spawning other enemies meaning no combos, occasionally healing to full health just blows me up, there's half a dozen battleships at any time, it's insane. Also the nuke body is worthless in SFMT because the points you get from the explosion don't count for some reason.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

B-Mac posted:

The new Wolfenstein game any good? Haven't played a FPS in a while and was wondering if it was worth 16 bucks from GMG.

gently caress. Well, some weeks ago I payed 24, and I'd say it's worth it. Nice meaty game with fun gunplay, a bit of stealth (if you want it), in-game challenges which grants you minor perks (ie: killing nazis from cover with a pistol will eventually grant you a larger magazine, fun way to try out different methods of combat), lots of collectables, and lots more nazi killing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wolfenstein was worth the $60 it was at launch, actually, because it's a really awesome game

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

Should I buy shadow warrior at 10.00 or is it not that good?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'd say it's worth a tenner for sure, yeah. The guns are not that great (rocket launcher excluded) but the sword is second-to-none. The plot is also a nice blend of silly and cool. The one major issue with the game is that it's got that kinda Serious Sam vibe when it comes to the gameplay: The premise of throwing a bajillion enemies at you is really drat cool and it totally works but boy does it get tiring after a while.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Splits posted:

Shadow Warrior is Very Good and totally worth ten bucks

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Wolfenstein was worth the $60 it was at launch, actually, because it's a really awesome game

Yes, play Wolfenstein!

E: I'm trying to buy The Desolate Hope, but Steam can't add it to my cart in either the client or the browser :(
E2: Posting about it solved it apparently.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 27, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is anyone else having issues logging in? I can get the website to load, but when I try to login or launch the app it just says it can't connect.

E: Nevermind, as soon as I post this it lets me on fine.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 27, 2014

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody who doesn't buy, play, and love Wolfenstein: The New Order basically agrees with Hitler.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I don't know why Bioshock Infinite can't just be $5. I mean, I know $7.50 isn't really a big deal, but principles and all.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Can someone give me a good comparison of Rise of Nations and Age of Empires?

I'm tempted but wary that I'm just buying the same thing again.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Autum Sale: Max Payne 3 70% off

daily deal: Max Payne 3 75% off

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lethemonster posted:

Can someone give me a good comparison of Rise of Nations and Age of Empires?

I'm tempted but wary that I'm just buying the same thing again.

its what age of empires did but spanning the whole of human history and refined to perfection. its basically the ultimate in that subgenre or rts games

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So I bit the bullet and bought the new 40K game, and drat is it good. Even on the easiest setting it can be a little challenging at times, since you're often facing several large waves of troops (or I'm a terrible commander :v:), so I'm going to try bump the difficulty up a notch or two, see how it goes. The V/A can get a little dodgy here and there, but it seems solid enough, so points for presentation down too.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Amazing deals today. A free to play game and two games with a whopping 0% discount!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Valliantstu posted:

Amazing deals today. A free to play game and two games with a whopping 0% discount!

All the discounts are never right during the first minutes of the updated list.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I asked the Steam user forums how terrible Nazi Zombie Army 2 was, and 10 minutes later it jumps from 50% off to 75% off. Nice. :twisted:

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Splits posted:

It's now $4.00 until tomorrow! (Daily)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is Kingdoms of Amalur any good? I might be thinking of Dragon's Dogma as being the better one, I always mix the two up.

• Locked thread