Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Kage Bunshin no Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
popular kicking simulator Dark Messiah of Kicking Dudes is part of the Daily Deal today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2100

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

popular kicking simulator Dark Messiah of Kicking Dudes is part of the Daily Deal today

Someone post that one video. You know the one. I couldn't find it. Its the best advertisement this game has.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Someone post that one video. You know the one. I couldn't find it. Its the best advertisement this game has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c

I don't really care to get this game because it's old and the kicking gimmick sounds silly

But then I realized that's how I played through Dead Island: Riptide as the new character, so :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is not the one I was thinking of, but it works. :v:

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

raditts posted:

Hey guys, forgive me if this has already been mentioned (edit: looks like it has, just didn't go back enough pages)
but Amazon has codes for Alien Isolation that you can use on Steam right now for $25:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ0WNI4/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Also, if you're willing to wait two days, you can also get a physical copy of Shadow of Mordor for $20 (vs. the current Steam deal price of $33.49).
Physical copies of games still have CD keys you can enter into Steam, right?
http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-...hadow+of+mordor

My understanding is Mordor requires Steam, so yes.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
you can get Mordor digitally for 20$ at g2a.com.

Also, might and magic X is on sale, good game or ubisoft?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Morter posted:

I don't really care to get this game because it's old and the kicking gimmick sounds silly

But then I realized that's how I played through Dead Island: Riptide as the new character, so :v:

It's a feature and optional. You can also blast, stab, cut, shoot or smash your enemies. It's a cool feature though. The combat in general is pretty decent and there's a lot of variation.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That is not the one I was thinking of, but it works. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS49Dazin3E

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

So Rome II is $12 at GMG VIP. I know the game was hot garbage at release, but did it become good after a year of patching or merely less bad? I'm torn between that or The Evil Within.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

admataY posted:

It's the worst optimised game I have seen in a LONG time (largely due to having been made for a microbudget) but Ubisoft were so happy with it they pulled the dev team off the game after doing one bit of DLC (that they had pre-sold) to work on the new Heroes game.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

FallenGod posted:

or The Evil Within.

I suggest watching The Evil Within for that more "cinematic" experience.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Is mordor a can't miss title?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

FallenGod posted:

So Rome II is $12 at GMG VIP. I know the game was hot garbage at release, but did it become good after a year of patching or merely less bad? I'm torn between that or The Evil Within.
It's pretty good now, plus there is a healthy mod community if there's something you don't like, as they usually have alternatives, but of the most part the base game is quite a lot of stuff, especially at the price now.

I've got almost 150 hours into it, most of that is the last few months, so the patches have made it fun to play.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

TraderStav posted:

Is mordor a can't miss title?

It's really really really good, and introduces a new gameplay mechanic that'll likely be aped by every big name title going forward. Most people think it's the first next gen game that's come out.

However the open world is a bit shallow, the story is not great, and it's a bit easy.

If you can only buy 1 game a year or something, save your money for whatever you've been waiting for. If you like cool stuff though, it is the coolest of stuff that's released so far this year.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

admataY posted:

you can get Mordor digitally for 20$ at g2a.com.

I enjoyed it, but Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2 are better. If you've played both of them though then go for it.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Has Banished become a finished game or is it stuck at "good enough" level?

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I much rather support an indie studio rather then ubisoft so I will keep my eyes for Grimrock 2 sale, thanks .

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tafferling posted:

It has a modding workshop that has some neat things in, but Banished pretty much shipped finish and I don't think he ever claimed otherwise.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Morter posted:

The best thing about the game is that it's not a gimmick. You should get this game if you care at all about Good Games, saying X game isn't worth it because it's old is what's actually silly :eng101:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

admataY posted:

I much rather support an indie studio rather then ubisoft so I will keep my eyes for Grimrock 2 sale, thanks .

Good choice, as Grimrock 2 is ten times better anyway.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

How does Age of Wonders 3 and Endless Legend compare to each other? Those seem to be the fantasy grand strategy games of the times.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

ZearothK posted:

How does Age of Wonders 3 and Endless Legend compare to each other? Those seem to be the fantasy grand strategy games of the times.

Endless Legend is great, Age of Wonders 3 is Ok

e: I like both but Legend is way better and is in the midst of several free updates

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lordfrikk posted:

The best thing about the game is that it's not a gimmick. You should get this game if you care at all about Good Games, saying X game isn't worth it because it's old is what's actually silly :eng101:

I bought it and look forward to kicking my way through the land. Anything I should know before I start it?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Is this game Actually Good? Because I'm semi-interested and have that much steam credit from selling cards...

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Tafferling posted:

Someone already replied but yeah it's always been a finished game. I wouldn't say it was for everyone but it's very solid for what it is.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

ZearothK posted:

Endless Legend has better city building and 4x mechanics while Age has better combat and army customization.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Is Tropico 5 terrible given the 65% discount?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Kaubocks posted:

Is this game Actually Good? Because I'm semi-interested and have that much steam credit from selling cards...
As just a fantasy FPS it was pretty average when it came out and age hasn't helped. As an rear end in a top hat physics simulator it's pretty good. So if you like the fantasy setting and/or you can make your own fun it's worth picking up. If you just are interested in playing through it's fairly meh.

^Edit Tropico 5 is definitely a fun game. I didn't get as much replayability out of it as T4 but it was worth my money. (sheesh I'm doing alot of spot reviews here)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

Legend is a really awesome empire management game with a decent combat engine.

Age of Wonders 3 is a bit closer to heroes of might and magic or master of magic in that the combat is the focus of the game with empire building and diplomacy bring lighter.

They're both excellent games but they have different focuses. If you love tactical combat in your 4x with a bigger focus on adventuring with your merry bands of heroes and their followers you'd love AoW 3.

However if you want something that leans more towards the Civ side of 4x games with a broader focus you'll probably prefer Endless Legend.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Is Tropico 5 terrible given the 65% discount?

It's definitely not terrible. It's a bigger jump than 3 to 4 was and cut some features in favor of introducing others (for instance your leader only has one trsit now.)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 27, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

ZearothK posted:

I own both, they are both great for entirely different reasons. The AoW3 devs have a guy on the thread here on SA, so communication gets to be more direct at times when it comes to questions or suggestions.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Darkhold posted:

As just a fantasy FPS it was pretty average when it came out and age hasn't helped. As an rear end in a top hat physics simulator it's pretty good. So if you like the fantasy setting and/or you can make your own fun it's worth picking up. If you just are interested in playing through it's fairly meh.

I like fantasy settings. I'm also the kind of guy who plays DX:HR and drops refrigerators on people for funsies when it tells me to murder a guy and make it look like an accident so I think this game and I could get along.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Eruonen posted:

It's not, nor does it say anywhere that it is. People in this thread love to assume things.

Maybe, or people in this thread have been through years and years of sales by now and have a lot of past experience.

Why have 48 hours deals if you're not going to advertise them at all the next day? Why have both 24 hours deal and 48 hour deals in the first place? Just seems like someone dropped the ball and rushed this sale interface out the door at the last minute. :shrug:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Yes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Maybe, or people in this thread have been through years and years of sales by now and have a lot of past experience.

Why have 48 hours deals if you're not going to advertise them at all the next day? Why have both 24 hours deal and 48 hour deals in the first place? Just seems like someone dropped the ball and rushed this sale interface out the door at the last minute. :shrug:

I've been on Steam from the start and it wasn't hard to figure out at all.

Free Weedlord
Dec 27, 2006

Not quite as powerful as timelord
If anyone wants the 'Pinball FX2 - Captain America Table', go nuts.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, my new GTX 970 arrived and it's running pretty pretty well. I've tested it on FC4 with max settings and it looks nice.

I was wondering if there was anything else out recently that i could test it on to really see what it can do?

I have shadows of Mordor but that looked pretty damned good on lower cards and i heard that beefier cards didn't really make that much of a difference to it.

Iv'e got the new CoD game i could try it on but i'm wondering if there's a Crysis equivalent recently that would be a good test.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Eruonen posted:

I've been on Steam from the start and it wasn't hard to figure out at all.

Yeah it's pretty clearly just a different sale set up. I don't see how people would be confused by it after realizing "oh those are different deals, ok" within ten seconds and moving on.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The others I would recommend are Witcher 2 and DA: Inquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Never buy the Naruto game.
Never buy any Naruto game. Unless you are under twelve years old there just isn't any excuse.

• Locked thread