Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Twilight covered stages really show how much harder the game can be with one of your basic tools removed. It's so weird to not be able to see any objectives!

Ah, is that why that was happening? I thought it only got rid of my special gauge but yeah I had no clue where the fairy hunters were and I just captured the barrier keep through grit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Also the Dominion Rod is loving cool.

e: Unrelated, but I just B-ranked a map because after killing every single enemy on the map, I didn't have 1200 KOs. :geno:

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 27, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Also the Dominion Rod is loving cool.

e: Unrelated, but I just B-ranked a map because after killing every single enemy on the map, I didn't have 1200 KOs. :geno:

Yeah your team is too good on that one. You actually need to hold off helping the messengers to rack up kills in the early part of the stage or else they'll exterminate the enemy before you get a chance.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Okay, Big Poes are hitting me for like six hearts of damage per bullet with the level 3 defense badge.

e: And it's some dog poo poo mission where taking 4000 damage will take me out of an A-rank? That's after like two hits, too. Cool, thanks game.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 27, 2014

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

:stare:

That's on the kill all the Impa's mission.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is the double material drops something that happens on the old maps too, or just the Twilight one?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

Is the double material drops something that happens on the old maps too, or just the Twilight one?

new map only, unfortunately.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

new map only, unfortunately.

Ah, bummer. Maybe I'll try to get the three weapons I have left and then I'll run the Twilight Map before the Master Quest map.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I don't know if this is necessarily tied specifically to the Spinner, but today I've managed to replicate a WiiU system crash on the Boss Rush Rewards Map level three times. If you take the Spinner in there and go to King Dodongo immediately, and he does his inhale that lets you feed him bombs immediately, the game will crash right before you finish off his weakpoint afterward. It does not do that if you instead go to a different boss first, or if you just wait a bit, so I guess it might have something to do with the game still loading assets while also trying to load the weakpoint smash animation.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i got a Medal for being murdered by chickens

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Tried out my Link and Samus Amiibos last night after downloading the patches.

Link - Unlocked the Spinner.
Samus - 1 Rupee.

:what:

Tried out my Link and Samus Amiibos just a few minutes ago.

Link - 3-Star Triforce Spinner with Strength VI, Lightning+, Slots+, Hearts+ and two blank slots.
Samus - 1-Star Mirror of Twilight with Strength IV, Strength V, Light+, Darkness+, Materials+ and a 2000-KO sealed skill.

:vince:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Twili Midna is great. Spinning is great. Murdering the poo poo out of hordes with statutes is great. It's all... It's all just great.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Twili Midna is great. Spinning is great. Murdering the poo poo out of hordes with statues is great. It's all... It's all just great.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Wow, the Twilight Map's adventure challenges are pretty interesting... these have a way more Zelda feel to them than the Master Quest stuff.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Okay, I don't think I've ever said anything in this game has been unfair, because it seems like there's always a trick to things somehow that make it dead simple.

That being said, I warped to the other side of the map where there's the only Digging Mitt, and the battle is the "defeat multiple enemies at once" challenge, and the second and third rounds are TWO DARK AGITHAS and THREE DARK MIDNAS. What the hell is the trick to these missions?

It seems like no matter how I attack them, they heal each other to max the split second one of them loses health, until they arbitrarily decide they don't. What is the game counting as a "simultaneous" attack?

Other than these loving missions the rest of the DLC is cool. Twili Midna's moveset is super satisfying.

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 28, 2014

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I scanned my Amiibos today. Link gave me a Magic Sword; I believe it was 3-stars. My Mario gave me 10 Moblin Flanks. Nice to know we can get materials out of the Amiibos too.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Not enjoying the TP map much so far. If they want me to have fun with it then they shouldn't have made so many of them require me to play the absolute worst weapons out there.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think there are any bad weapons in this game. I like all of them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I even like Agitha now. Agitha! The only one I still hate is the Deku Spear.

And Zant I guess :sigh:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Regy Rusty posted:

I even like Agitha now. Agitha! The only one I still hate is the Deku Spear.

And Zant I guess :sigh:

The more I play both of them, the more I like Spear over Book. Deku Wind Blast 2stronk :shrug:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Wow the later stages on the twilight map are loving brutal. The map with three dark Links destroyed poor Ganondorf from full health.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Wait, Twili Midna really doesn't get any heart pieces or anything? What the hell.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

Wait, Twili Midna really doesn't get any heart pieces or anything? What the hell.

Then what on earth are the rewards for completing the new Adventure Map? Just the new costumes for Link and Zelda or did everybody get a new set of duds?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Then what on earth are the rewards for completing the new Adventure Map? Just the new costumes for Link and Zelda or did everybody get a new set of duds?

It seems that everyone got a simple recolor, much like the skins in the master quest map. I'm gonna guess Twili Midna will get her heart pieces in the next DLC, and the majora's mask characters will get theirs in the DLC after that.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Wild Knight posted:

It seems like no matter how I attack them, they heal each other to max the split second one of them loses health, until they arbitrarily decide they don't. What is the game counting as a "simultaneous" attack?

I only did the early one with the Lizalfoses or whatever, but the way it seemed like to me was, you had to keep their HPs around the same; if one got too much weaker than the others, they would heal. So the idea was not to focus too much on a single one, and to try to group them together.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So after putting off progressing through the Adventure map for a while, I have to say gently caress the level 2 summoning gate mission. I breezed right through the level 2 baton mission with a level 55 Zelda with a 5 star level 3 rapier. Level 50 Lana with a 5 star level 3 book is hardly putting a dent in these dudes in the summoning gate mission and Cia can't be left alone for more than a couple minutes at a time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jibo posted:

So after putting off progressing through the Adventure map for a while, I have to say gently caress the level 2 summoning gate mission. I breezed right through the level 2 baton mission with a level 55 Zelda with a 5 star level 3 rapier. Level 50 Lana with a 5 star level 3 book is hardly putting a dent in these dudes in the summoning gate mission and Cia can't be left alone for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Try using the recommended element type.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The preorder costumes just got announced as paid DLC in Japan. 3 packs, titled Courage, Wisdom and Power. 400 yen each for Courage and Wisdome, 300 yen for Power. Should be obvious which costumes are in which pack.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It seems like if you get the simultaneous kill enemies down low enough that it says they can't heal each other, then kill just one of them, you fail the objective and the other is fully healed and you can kill it solo. Doesn't seem to be any punishment for failing like that.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

How the hell do you beat the adventure map where you get the 1st chain chomp card, the one with dark Impa, Dark sheik, too many beamos and that loving plant boss?

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy
So is anyone actually using the Twilight Meter mechanic with Twi Midna, or are they spamming the Huge Light Cannon and Twilight Wolf Pack combos? Because I'm seriously wondering if it is even that worth it.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
When the Twilight gauge is full, her unique ability immediately covers a wide area and hits pretty decently. Dense, large groups seem to fill it quite regularly in my experience.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

deepshock posted:

When the Twilight gauge is full, her unique ability immediately covers a wide area and hits pretty decently. Dense, large groups seem to fill it quite regularly in my experience.

It also shreds captain/PC weakpoints and does like 3/8ths of a giant boss weakpoint. It's a good move.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i think i might just stay away from the twilight map, i didn't need the game to be any more frustrating than it was already

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Volkameria posted:

So is anyone actually using the Twilight Meter mechanic with Twi Midna, or are they spamming the Huge Light Cannon and Twilight Wolf Pack combos? Because I'm seriously wondering if it is even that worth it.

Are you holding down the button? That attack is easily one of her best and it's the only really good move against giant bosses when it's full. I was able to take some keeps by using a fully charged one in the middle then an uncharged one right after.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy
Oh wait, do you need to hold it even when then Twilight Meter is filled? I thought you only had to do that if you were doing without anything in the meter. That changes thing. Thanks kindly.

Volkameria fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 28, 2014

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I enjoyed the 2nd map in the Twilight Map DLC. To anyone having problems with it, the enemies begin super overpowered but just hang in there, eventually King Bokoblin will join the battle. If you get his health low, he and his Darknuts will join you. Also, Zelda will make a magic circle that when you activate it takes out about 75% of the enemy on the map

So, don't be intimidated. Also, "He Spoke" :)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, Zelda's level 2 Baton mission is no joke. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here and none of her weapons really mesh for me. I'm getting a little better, but are there any tips anyone can give me for that one? I managed the aerolfos and Volga with minimal damage, but then that jerk-rear end wizard Wizzro destroyed me with his bullet hell nonsense. I'm doing better with my Dominion Rod, mostly for the extra damage from it being a level 3.

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
All of Wizzro's bullet hell nonsense can be blocked, even the giant laser. Hold guard while fighting him, then shoot him with the bow when his weak point gauge appears to give you bit more time to charge in and empty it. Repeat until Wizzro is dead. It may also help to ignore the aerolfos captain you start next to until at least Volga is dead. If memory serves, killing it gives Volga a morale boost. The reverse is also true, but the aerolfos is much easier to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Echophonic posted:

Man, Zelda's level 2 Baton mission is no joke. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here and none of her weapons really mesh for me. I'm getting a little better, but are there any tips anyone can give me for that one? I managed the aerolfos and Volga with minimal damage, but then that jerk-rear end wizard Wizzro destroyed me with his bullet hell nonsense. I'm doing better with my Dominion Rod, mostly for the extra damage from it being a level 3.

That one has Lightning element recommended, right? Definitely get the third tier badge for it. Makes it so much simpler.

• Locked thread