Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Beef Waifu posted:

I did this.

I think you need some sleep, Beef Waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
8 KOs as Lucina

I never have to do that horse poo poo challenge again, thank you EvilEagle

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

PerrineClostermann posted:

God drat, I am such utter garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqKm08LG5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEAprMsoE

Is there anything I'm doing that's outrageously incorrect here? I'm Peach.

1. You need to use your aerials and jumps in a way so you get in, get the damage, and get out without landing in punish range near Samus. Get more used to using a short hop as an approach and floating in with like an nair or something.
2. It's never a good idea to recover onto the stage or above it - always grab the ledge. If you recover onto the stage, you have recovery frames and will just get shot.
3. You're getting hit way too often because you're whiffing moves or doing stuff that makes you predictable (like rolling away.) All moves have recovery frames - if you do a smash on the ground and whiff, you're open, and going to eat a charge shot, and same goes for rolling backwards, a Samus can time a backwards roll and land a power shot 100% of the time from medium distance.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChaosArgate posted:

I think you need some sleep, Beef Waifu.

I don't need t sleep. What I need, IS TO SMASH.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Help, I need a way to make money fast to sustain my trophy addiction.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Help, I need a way to make money fast to sustain my trophy addiction.

use your hammer on the "get 8 fevers in a round of trophy rush as dr mario" and it gives you 100k coins. i don't know what square it is, as i have not unlocked it yet, but I know it exists.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I won 100,000 by betting on 0% win rate guys in spectate mode.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

1. You need to use your aerials and jumps in a way so you get in, get the damage, and get out without landing in punish range near Samus. Get more used to using a short hop as an approach and floating in with like an nair or something.
2. It's never a good idea to recover onto the stage or above it - always grab the ledge. If you recover onto the stage, you have recovery frames and will just get shot.
3. You're getting hit way too often because you're whiffing moves or doing stuff that makes you predictable (like rolling away.) All moves have recovery frames - if you do a smash on the ground and whiff, you're open, and going to eat a charge shot, and same goes for rolling backwards, a Samus can time a backwards roll and land a power shot 100% of the time from medium distance.

In addition to the basics listed above, work on shielding and airdodging, stop rolling so much (rolling is a poo poo way to move around because it moves in predictable increments and leaves you vulnerable - consider how you can shield, jump or do any attack out of walking, or shield, jump, grab or dash attack or upsmash out of a dash, the only thing you can do out of a roll is move a set distance and wait for the end lag to end) and you need to have a basic idea of what your options are, so you're not trying out poo poo for the first time every time you see a situation you need to beat. Eg: samus is making GBS threads charge shots and rolling away from me - what are my options? If you want to win more often, you need to learn some safe options, and then you can experiment. In case of the samus, chucking turnips and floating around over shot range is pretty decent. Against Shulk he has very little defenses against being pelted with turnips, forcing him to uncomfortably approach every time.

You often run or hop around avoiding the opponent when you could instead be chucking turnips at them. Many people can be goaded into making mistakes simply by spamming projectiles at them and rolling away (like that Samus did to you). Here's a Kool Peach Trick to practice. Float near the ground and neutral air people a few times, then when they are expecting that, start landing into shieldgrabbing or grabbing them. Then in addition to that you could be mixing it up with dash attacks, side B and turnip throwing. Thats a whole lot of poo poo for the opponent to try to figure out!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 28, 2014

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
and sweeps, do more trips and stuff,

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The great thing about online play is that you can count out how many frames it takes for an animation to complete. It's like training mode, but online!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think this is meant to happen. Invisible sisters!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm...I'll try to work on the turnip game for the moment. That's a lot of stuff to try and take in all at once.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

8 KOs as Lucina

I never have to do that horse poo poo challenge again, thank you EvilEagle

No problem, here's what I did for everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuTbNqLxiI

One of my friends did this for 3 hours instead of playing with me today god drat it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
With G&W, you can chain a down-throw into Judgment. :getin:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finished a for glory 4 way match as Dedede, sent Toon Link flying, and in the last second performed an inhale then suddenly spat out a confused looking Metaknight who hadn't made it in to the sudden death. Then the match ended.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Evil Eagle posted:

No problem, here's what I did for everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuTbNqLxiI

One of my friends did this for 3 hours instead of playing with me today god drat it.

Thanks for posting this, even if it's not working for me. Maybe I just need to stop sucking, I can't do this loving challenge at all.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mabels big day posted:

use your hammer on the "get 8 fevers in a round of trophy rush as dr mario" and it gives you 100k coins. i don't know what square it is, as i have not unlocked it yet, but I know it exists.

Someone help figure out where the square is so i can get 100,000 gold. Every single loving thing costing gold in this game is dumb as gently caress. I'm here watching lovely online matches and betting to raise my gold cause it's the easiest

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

drat it. I bought the 3DS version of this game so I wouldn't have to buy a Wii U for it. Now it's coming out here tomorrow and off I go to figure out my best priced console options, it just looks so pretty.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
A completely unrelated observation. On Pilotwings, the yellow plane will fly over and around Wuhu Island. And if you play on Wuhu Island, you can see the yellow plane flying by at one of the stops.

The little details in this game :3:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Roach Warehouse posted:

drat it. I bought the 3DS version of this game so I wouldn't have to buy a Wii U for it. Now it's coming out here tomorrow and off I go to figure out my best priced console options, it just looks so pretty.

The 3DS version honestly feels like a dumbed down, demo version of the Wii U game. The graphics and gameplay feel incredible on the Wii U.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Be sure to buy some of the other awesome Wii U games.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Macaluso posted:

Someone help figure out where the square is so i can get 100,000 gold. Every single loving thing costing gold in this game is dumb as gently caress. I'm here watching lovely online matches and betting to raise my gold cause it's the easiest

Top row, third square from the left, smack dab between two Cruel Smash challenges.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
By the way, the way I pulled through with the Dr. Mario challenge is with an equipment that gave me a beam sword. It's strong enough to break pretty much anything in a single smash and it has such huge coverage that it wasn't even a problem chasing down the gold bricks.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How the gently caress do I clear the event with the invisible Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer on hard?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RyokoTK posted:

By the way, the way I pulled through with the Dr. Mario challenge is with an equipment that gave me a beam sword. It's strong enough to break pretty much anything in a single smash and it has such huge coverage that it wasn't even a problem chasing down the gold bricks.

Anything other than the Beam Sword? I don't want to go in and fail, Trophy Rush is expensive for how little money Classic gives you, and I'm definitely not a Dr. Mario player.

Butt Ghost posted:

How the gently caress do I clear the event with the invisible Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer on hard?

I don't think it is actually possible. It is an impossible challenge, put there by Sakurai to laugh at those who try.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Just entertained all the youngster at the family thanksgiving event thingy by setting up 8-player smash on a giant tv in the basement. 4 minute matches with Smash Balls on low and no other items. Everyone had a great time and no one got left out.

Thanks, Sakurai.

Thakurai.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If you have two gamecube adapters, can you do an 8-player smash with all of those controllers? It seems like it'd work, but I don't have a second one to test it out.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kaethela posted:

If you have two gamecube adapters, can you do an 8-player smash with all of those controllers? It seems like it'd work, but I don't have a second one to test it out.

Yes, you can. If you have other USB stuff taking up ports, you can also unplug ONE of each of the GCN adapter's plugs, and you'll only lose rumble.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Fancy tricks aren't gonna save you because they can pretty much kill you in one hit while, although you can kill them pretty early thanks to massive buff Aura got in Smash For, they still to take a bit of work to take down. Some of Lucario's alternate specials (especially the advancing Force Palm) can help, your main option is probably to try and get some quick cheap free damage off stuff like a low-charge Aura Sphere or a quick Extremespeed, then try to catch one with a down-smash around 50% or so.

Most importantly, try not to commit to anything that requires you to stand still for more then a second. By far the most dangerous moves are Shiek's Bouncing Fish and Grenades, both of which are pretty deadly and will punish you for trying to camp some location. Likewise, don't use Double Team unless you're pretty sure it's gonna get hit by something because otherwise you're probably dead.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mother fucker goddamn. I cannot get more than 2 winning streaks in gambling on spectator mode. I ALWAYS pick the wrong team or character on the third round. Yo idiots if the countdown is gettin to like 5 second and you're up one RUN AWAY so I can get my riches

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Yes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

With G&W, you can chain a down-throw into Judgment. :getin:

Sadly, this is not a Confirmed Combo, but it does work a decent amount of time. More often than not I end up eating 12% from a 1, but I still always do it anyway.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Well I got all of the CDs, but Melee Fountain of Dreams isn't in the game.

Doesn't matter if we have Star Wolf Assault, Legendary Air Ride Machine, and Jergingha, that is some serious bullshit and I'm gonna be knocking on Sakurai's door for this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Well I got all of the CDs, but Melee Fountain of Dreams isn't in the game.

Doesn't matter if we have Star Wolf Assault, Legendary Air Ride Machine, and Jergingha, that is some serious bullshit and I'm gonna be knocking on Sakurai's door for this.

How many are there?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Checker Knights is also gone, to my dismay.

And even though the prog rock version of Dark Pit's theme is available for 3DS Smash Run, it's nowhere to be found on Wii U.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
The challenges I'm attempting which are giving me hell right now is getting 8 fever times as Dr. Mario, as well as 20 turns in Crazy Orders as Mario. I'm not good with either of them, sadly.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The 3ds version rules and the Wii U version rules.

Smash Run rules. Pac-Maze rules.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Top row, third square from the left, smack dab between two Cruel Smash challenges.

This one is unhammerable.....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are the following two songs back: The athletic theme from Yoshi's Island, and Ike's Theme from Radiant Dawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yes, both are back.

Also, since it's on a different stage now, the Yoshi's Island athletic theme will no longer do that annoying thing where it keeps abruptly starting over as the alternate version of the track. Now it loops normally between both versions in sequence.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 28, 2014

• Locked thread