Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Calaveron posted:

He lost his hair before he began superheroing so no dice :colbert:

Yeah, but after him how many villains or heroes have gone bald from their hair burning off?

Ghost Rider?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Byzantine posted:

Ghost Rider?

:golfclap:

I really have no other response.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, but after him how many villains or heroes have gone bald from their hair burning off?

Spawn? Red Skull? Black Mask? Doctor Doom? (though if he still has hair I imagine it's matted and greasy and just awful as gently caress)

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Man I'm waiting for the moment where one of those superheroes with long, lustrous, uncovered hair gets caught in an explosion or in a fire beam or something and is transformed into a bald person.

That happened to Thor in Ultimates 2 when Captain America and Hawkeye hit him with flamethrowers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CzarChasm posted:

Spawn? Red Skull? Black Mask? Doctor Doom? (though if he still has hair I imagine it's matted and greasy and just awful as gently caress)

Doom's hair is perfect! To state otherwise is punishable by death!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

That is just slander by Richards :doom:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phylodox posted:

Doom's hair has perfect body, and a pleasant, natural musk!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Comics relevant question, what exactly does Tony do after looking up faceshooter's kid?

Turns out the kid is on social media as a mugger cause he tried to mug someone for money to afford the extremis, and apparently they were really important on the internet. Tony says he will delete the photo and make it like it never happened, but the dude has to go down there and act like this was a big marketing stunt, or he will drop him from very high up.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:golfclap:

I really have no other response.

Firestorm?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

That is just slander by Richards :doom:

Doom joined Norman Osborn's group briefly purely so everybody could see him standing next to a dude with the worst hair, just the worst.

Norman all trying to lay out his plans for global conquest, Doom and Namor snickering at the back of the room, wearing leather jackets and throwing wadded up bits of paper at him when his back was turned. The Hood getting upset because he was trying to study hard and not lose his scholarship.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Phylodox posted:

Doom's hair is so majestic that the hood and mask are required to obscure it completely, lest it cause instant death to those who behold it!

INSOLENT FOOL! YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR PEEKING IS DEATH BY ARTILLERY FIRING SQUAD...UNLESS YOU 'LIKE' AND RATE DOOM AS 'HOT' ON TINDER! Then you just get life in prison...or something.

AND NO ASKING WHERE THE SCARS WENT!

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 28, 2014

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
You really think the first thing Doom does with the Beyonder's powers is to not fix his hosed up face?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bunnyofdoom posted:

You really think the first thing Doom does with the Beyonder's powers is to not fix his hosed up face?

His face was never hosed. It's just a piece of art that is so beautiful it cannot be shown all the time, perhaps a work in progress lacking the glow of unlimited power....

Imagine the "Too sexy!" Sketch from Saturday Night Live but only instead of Antonio Bandares opening a shirt button it is Doom removing and putting his mask back on.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

His face was never hosed. It's just a piece of art that is so beautiful it cannot be shown all the time, perhaps a work in progress lacking the glow of unlimited power....

The inside of his mask is reflective; he doesn't take it off because then he wouldn't be able to admire his reflection 24/7.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Norman all trying to lay out his plans for global conquest, Doom and Namor snickering at the back of the room, wearing leather jackets and throwing wadded up bits of paper at him when his back was turned. The Hood getting upset because he was trying to study hard and not lose his scholarship.

And if there's one field we know that Doom has proved his superiority in, it's getting kicked out of school.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Random Stranger posted:

And if there's one field we know that Doom has proved his superiority in, it's getting kicked out of school.

They just couldn't handle how real Doom was. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BiggerBoat posted:

Firestorm?

Firestorm's hair is made of fire.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Firestorm's hair is made of fire.

Donald Trump's hair is made of a dead cat, doesn't mean the original set wasn't burnt off in a terrible accident.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Donald Trump's hair is made of a dead cat, doesn't mean the original set wasn't burnt off in a terrible accident.

Both Ronnie and Prof Stein still have their hair before and after the merger. Jason has been drawn as bald once so who knows what's up over there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Calaveron posted:

Spider Jerusalem?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

Just because it amuses me:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

prefect posted:

Just because it amuses me:

It's like some kind of hosed-up follicular convection oven.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rhyno posted:

Both Ronnie and Prof Stein still have their hair before and after the merger. Jason has been drawn as bald once so who knows what's up over there.

I really wish I had the panel of Jason going "white people!" It would be perfect for this.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

prefect posted:

Spider Jerusalem?

Let's be fair...bearded Spider looks just as demented as bald Spider.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

More comics imo

[Infinity War #3]

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not a panel, just something I saw on pinterest.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Not a panel, just something I saw on pinterest.

Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor:

"ALFREEEED, HAVE YOU SEEN MY GIANT PENNY?"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was curious about how much that would cost. Apparently it weighs 216 lbs:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Penny

With the copper % of pennies of that era coming out to about 205 lbs. Current copper price being $2.9497
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper.html

Which means it'd be 205 * 2.9497 = $605

So really, cheap at the price!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Scaramouche posted:

With the copper % of pennies of that era coming out to about 205 lbs. Current copper price being $2.9497
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper.html

Which means it'd be 205 * 2.9497 = $605

So really, cheap at the price!

Wait, what about the other metals in the penny?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

According to this:
http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1909-1982-Lincoln-Cent-Penny-Value.html

The rest was Zinc which is lame and no one values that much:
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/zinc.html

$1.0124/lb * 11 = $11.13

But to get the pound rate on Zinc you'd have be buying, like tonnes of it.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
It should actually only cost you around 390 dollars to get the raw materials. Pennies weigh 2.5 grams, the statue weighs 215 pounds, all anyone would need to do is commit 39,000 counts of currency alteration.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This discussion.

Source, Powerpuff Girls #8.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

So this guy recently started going through the Archie Sonic comics. He's a huge Sonic nerd, so his commentary gets a little dorky, but you might want to keep an eye on it for interesting bizarre material.

(Sonic the Hedgehog #6)

(Sonic the Hedgehog #8)

E: Forgot to add source.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 2, 2014

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Archie Sonic was really good at breaking the fourth wall for a while. I'm pretty sure they had a Sin City parody/homage story once. Too bad about that one guy who got all up his rear end with his super great original characters that were all traces of Knuckles.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Archie Sonic was really good at breaking the fourth wall for a while. I'm pretty sure they had a Sin City parody/homage story once. Too bad about that one guy who got all up his rear end with his super great original characters that were all traces of Knuckles.

Yeah, I know they had a crossover with Image comics where a bunch of characters show up for literally no reason.

Return Loss
Jul 22, 2001

Scaramouche posted:

Doe no one question that weight figure? I know it says so in the DC wiki, but that's a huge hunk of metal, and copper is heavy.

Let's say that the disc is 2 meters in diameter, and 0.1 meters thick. Then you have about 314 liter of (mostly) copper. With a density of about 9 kilos per liter, that comes out at approximately 2800 kilograms, or 6200 lbs.

If that penny only weighs 216 lbs, then it must be hollow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why did you work that out using litres? Mass is kg/m3 so all you need is the cubic metres and multiply that by copper's density.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you dont get your copper in liquid form then I dont know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Loss
Jul 22, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Why did you work that out using litres? Mass is kg/m3 so all you need is the cubic metres and multiply that by copper's density.

Simple enough. There are exactly 1000 litres in one cubic meter. *metric rules*
Edit: and litres are a volume unit. Doesn't have to be liquid.
The main point: the 216 lbs figure is WAY off. Now let's get back to funny panels.

Return Loss fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 2, 2014

• Locked thread