Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

It's not the in universe date system, it's just what the EU nerds use since its really easy to just compare it to the first movie that's really all there was when the EU stuff started happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lady Gagazula posted:

Apparently, a pair of GNK Power Droids would come to one's door and request funding for a religious fringe group. Advice from renowned linguist Ebenn Q3 Baobab was that one should merely utter the phrase "Gonk. Gonk. Gonk ko kyenga see," a highly controversial statement that was not allowed to be legally translated (see Baobab Security Directive 51-C).

:laffo:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Moose King posted:

It's not the in universe date system, it's just what the EU nerds use since its really easy to just compare it to the first movie that's really all there was when the EU stuff started happening.

"So Biggs, only three more years until the Battle of Yavin, huh?"

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Blistex posted:

"So Biggs, only three more years until the Battle of Yavin, huh?"

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Brogeoisie posted:

I signed up for audible just to get this book to listen to this.. And yes.. Chapter 17 about 15 minutes in... My ears

what book is it actually in? theyre all up on youtube and i want to link it in the thread because its fantastic

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I randomly wondered whether someone made up a hutt Jedi (knowing they obviously did). Turns out he was killed in a lightsaber fight by Leia.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beldorion

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

what about the endor holocaust

basically some dude theorized that endor and all the ewoks would have been destroyed by all the debris from the death star being blown up in it's atmosphere

so someone said no it got sucked into a wormhole so we can keep selling teddy bear merchandise

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor_Holocaust

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

I bet Lucas would do it, too.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I always ended up liking the characters who were basically normal dudes and still killed a poo poo load of Jedi and Sith because gently caress force users.

If any of you've played that F2P SW MMO, Imperial Agent is pretty sick for this.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i tried that game for like 20 minutes and could not get into it at all

it was seriously just boring as gently caress

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
yeah but, you know...free

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My party befriended a Hutt professional wrestler named Hulka the Hutt. During the climatic battle for the end of the campaign he performed a hurricanrana an a large war droid by jumping out of a clone transport onto it.

Better than most EU events by far.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My party befriended a Hutt professional wrestler named Hulka the Hutt. During the climatic battle for the end of the campaign he performed a hurricanrana an a large war droid by jumping out of a clone transport onto it.

Better than most EU events by far.

This should be in the next movie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThePutty posted:

what about the endor holocaust

basically some dude theorized that endor and all the ewoks would have been destroyed by all the debris from the death star being blown up in it's atmosphere

so someone said no it got sucked into a wormhole so we can keep selling teddy bear merchandise

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor_Holocaust

it's been mentioned already like 10 times in this thread kid. It's the top post of the last page in fact

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

i tried that game for like 20 minutes and could not get into it at all

it was seriously just boring as gently caress

Most of the game is boring as gently caress. They let people who pre-ordered the next expansion get a 12x boost to class/story exp, meaning you could level an MMO character on your own in a few days rather then months.

The Light side characters are all pretty stupid. The only good one is the Smuggler, who's entire motivation is "Wheres. My. Ship?"

The Dark side are pretty good, especially the Agent, which is more or less James Bond in space. Bounty Hunter is pretty cool because you basically murder your way to the top of the galactic power structure going "gently caress you, pay me"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyway starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Callista_Ming

Jedi lady in the old republic goes on a mission and dies and somehow puts her life essence into a computer. Luke skywalker finds the computer and falls in love with it cause like half the eu books involve Luke falling in love with ladies. One of Luke's students kills herself cause she can't bare to live without her husband or whatever that just died and everyone's like "hey that computer chick can take her body now!" But when she moves into the dead chicks body she finds out she can't use the force and her and Luke decide this is a total mood killer and they break up. That's it.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The fact goons read it and recite it with serious faces.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Aesop Poprock posted:

it's been mentioned already like 10 times in this thread kid. It's the top post of the last page in fact

i'm sorry

:negative:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThePutty posted:

i'm sorry

:negative:

what the gently caress is wrong with you putty..

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Why wouldn't she cut off his fat tail instead of sitting on it.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Holy poo poo, I think I had those books when I was 7! Wasn't the 3-eyed dude named Triocculus or something?

Wookipedia posted:

The self-proclaimed son of Palpatine, Trioculus was in actuality a pretender to the throne, usurping the role of Palpatine's true son, three-eyed mutant Triclops.

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
Were there any goons or goony-like poo poo before Star Wars? I feel like Star Wars started all the problems the Internet eventually became known for.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

PatTwo posted:

Were there any goons or goony-like poo poo before Star Wars? I feel like Star Wars started all the problems the Internet eventually became known for.

Star Trek and all the terrible self-insert fan fiction it entailed

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Spakstik posted:

Star Trek and all the terrible self-insert fan fiction it entailed

Doctor Who. My God that show as the most bizarre fanbase.

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-24914229

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Doctor Who. My God that show as the most bizarre fanbase.

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-24914229

where did the sterotype of doctor who fans being fat vegan lesbian Wiccans come from?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
is the alien with three eyes named trioculus distinct from the alien with three eyes named ree-yees, and if so, what are the names of other aliens who are defined primarily by the number of eyes they have in the star wars EU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Argue posted:

is the alien with three eyes named trioculus distinct from the alien with three eyes named ree-yees, and if so, what are the names of other aliens who are defined primarily by the number of eyes they have in the star wars EU

According to the thread dedicated to the series they're in, Trioculus and Triclops were both humans who happened to have three eyes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hahaha holy poo poo.

The new rebels show counts as EU right?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

gently caress Star Wars.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

The new rebels show counts as EU right?

I think the whole thing is there's no EU, everything they do now is just canon on par with the movies, so no, that's just Star Wars.

At least that's not the laser slingshot the kid character has to use.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
How many moronic lightsaber gimmicks have they had in all? I recall a lightwhip at some point, as well as the aforementioned Darksaber. Even Darth Maul's gimmick weapon was pretty dumb and obviously designed to sell toys.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Soulcleaver posted:

How many moronic lightsaber gimmicks have they had in all? I recall a lightwhip at some point, as well as the aforementioned Darksaber. Even Darth Maul's gimmick weapon was pretty dumb and obviously designed to sell toys.

The new trailer features a triple bladed light saber lol

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

The new trailer features a triple bladed light saber lol

yeah, that's pretty retarded.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The new lightsaber at least addresses the hand guard issue that lightsabers have, too bad it looks dumb as poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And the whole thing about if you keep pushing against his(/her? didn't watch) lightsaber down toward the hand guard, yours would just slice through the metal like butter in what should be one of the most durable parts of the sword

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Moose King posted:

nope

"In 25 ABY, the New Republic commissioned the New Republic Historical Council to re-standardize the Galactic Calendar.[source?] The historical council chose the Battle of Yavin, instead of the Battle of Endor, calling the former the more significant galactic event. From that point on, the year in which the Battle of Yavin occurred was the epoch used for the dating system.[2] It was used by the New Republic, as well as the subsequent Galactic Alliance. Many regions, however, kept their own calendars, including the Imperial Remnant"

any question you ask about the star wars eu always has the worst possible answer

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Sentient Data posted:

And the whole thing about if you keep pushing against his(/her? didn't watch) lightsaber down toward the hand guard, yours would just slice through the metal like butter in what should be one of the most durable parts of the sword

It could be made out of cortosis, you know.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

gohuskies posted:

I hate that I immediately thought the same thing :negative:

also I don't think lightsabers slide off of each other or whatever the way real swords do so i think it's just to meant look cool, i mean obviously guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

gohuskies posted:

No I don't, so I guess that means I can say 'trap sprung'

• Locked thread